carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Hello again to our small group here - Asscherhalo lover, hippi pixi and ladyciel :wavey:

CD1 for me finally. Jeez, this holiday season stress did a number on me.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

baby monster|1422811362|3825536 said:
Hello again to our small group here - Asscherhalo lover, hippi pixi and ladyciel :wavey:

CD1 for me finally. Jeez, this holiday season stress did a number on me.

Hi Baby Monster! Are you off your TTC break this cycle?

Is anybody taking extra vit B complex on top of what's in your prenatals? I want to wait and see what this cycle does, but in my super short cycle last month (the first I charted for a long time) I spotted very faintly for 3 days before CD1, and my LP was 10 or 11 days (Ov date is up for interpretation because of a slow rise).When I was charting regularly (granted, that was 5+ years ago), my LP was usually 14. So, with a slow rise + short LP + pre-CD1 spotting, I'm worrying it could be low progesterone. I've heard that extra vit B can help and am considering picking some up on CD1 if/when it hits if LP is short again. Today is 2DPO, and we hit both -1 and -2. CM and cervix had both closed up shop on O day, so I think we did just about the best we could!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome back babymonster!

This month I used fertilitea for a few days and then just switched to vitex after having a very short cycle (25 w 10 day lp). I most likely just ovulated yesterday or today (don't know yet). All I'm taking are the prenatals, fish oil, and the vitex. I'll know soon enough if the vitex helped or if I'm KTFU. Here's to the TWW!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1422829566|3825660 said:
Welcome back babymonster!

This month I used fertilitea for a few days and then just switched to vitex after having a very short cycle (25 w 10 day lp). I most likely just ovulated yesterday or today (don't know yet). All I'm taking are the prenatals, fish oil, and the vitex. I'll know soon enough if the vitex helped or if I'm KTFU. Here's to the TWW!

I keep hearing about vitex, but I want to do some more research before trying it. I take extra vitamin D, because I was diagnosed with super low vit D last summer. I spent 2 months on prescription strength 50,000 IU twice a week on top of my daily vitamin, and have been maintaining since then with an extra 2000IU on top of the daily. Just got my levels tested and they're right where the endo wanted them, so I'm sticking with it for now. Fish oil....no can do. I'm allergic to all seafood, especially fatty fish. Walgreens sells a combo prenatal kit that is a prenatal pill + algae DHA capsule, so I'm taking those right now. I switched to the prenatals early this month (around the 5th, I think), which was ~DPO5 of the short cycle. Before that I was taking one a day women's, which have vit Bs in them but not as much as the prenatal. My Ov date was much later this month. Would be interesting to find out what the prenatal does to my LP, but I'd of course prefer KTFU to getting an answer!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm just taking folic acid. I was taking evening primrose oil but I'm fairly certain it was the culprit for my ever shortening cycles, so I've stopped that. I took it when ttc #1 and conceived on the second cycle, so I thought I'd give it another go this time around, but all it did was chop my LP by 4 days! Bollocks to that.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the welcome, LC and AL! Yes, we're back in TTC game. Here's to luck of 2015 :bigsmile:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Got my temp spike today so O day was yesterday! This is the first time we got our timing really good, O, -1 and -3, here's hoping that does the trick! TTC sucks!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

I dunno, SOME parts are fun. After using FAM for so long, we are REALLY appreciating that best BD timing = days I really want to BD. :naughty:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just don't like being on a schedule and neither does DH. I work 14 hour days and when good timing lands on those days it just plain old sucks LOL.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Asscherhalo_lover|1422874714|3825881 said:
Got my temp spike today so O day was yesterday! This is the first time we got our timing really good, O, -1 and -3, here's hoping that does the trick! TTC sucks!
That's really good timing. GL on 2WW!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby monster|1422891724|3825991 said:
That's really good timing. GL on 2WW!

Thanks!

April20

Ideal_Rock

That timing looks great!! Let us know what you see 8DPO. :cheeky:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20|1422894302|3826016 said:

I will! April, if you don't mind sharing, when did you stop your vitex?

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1422883074|3825916 said:
I just don't like being on a schedule and neither does DH. I work 14 hour days and when good timing lands on those days it just plain old sucks LOL.

Totally understandable! My perspective is limited/optimistic as this was our first month trying, work wasn't bad those days, and hubby got back into town on -2 after being gone for 10 days. That said, my level of interest is tightly tied to my cycle, so we've struggled for a long time now with me having to work at it a bit the rest of the month. Hitting my timing felt like an indulgence by comparison. Super awesome you hit yours so well this month - fingers crossed for you!

This Sat will be 8DPO for me. I had some faint brownish-pink spotting before bed last night (2DPO) Thinking it must be slightly delayed ov spotting - way too early for implantation.

April20

Ideal_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1422895444|3826030 said:

I stopped at O. I had read conflicting opinions on when to stop- some said at O, some said until AF showed and some said to keep taking it through the first trimester if you got pregnant! I stopped at O mainly because I went out of town and forgot to bring it with me. I think I would stop at O in the future though since I don't have issues with my LP and the Vitex really seemed to smooth out pre-O temps.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20|1422903787|3826109 said:
Asscherhalo_lover|1422895444|3826030 said:

I stopped at O. I had read conflicting opinions on when to stop- some said at O, some said until AF showed and some said to keep taking it through the first trimester if you got pregnant! I stopped at O mainly because I went out of town and forgot to bring it with me. I think I would stop at O in the future though since I don't have issues with my LP and the Vitex really seemed to smooth out pre-O temps.

Thanks! I think I'm going to wean off for now, I was taking three a day I guess I'll cut it down to two and so forth unless I get good news lol. I saw a lot of conflicting info as well.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock

my gosh! i take a week off when AF arrived and so much has happened here since. some new and returning faces! Hello Ladyciel, Baby monster, April20 :wavey: Ascherhalo good luck for your 2WW! your timing certainly was great!

I am on CD10 so I'm starting to do LH testing again and i have a 5am alarm each day to temp and then go back to sleep! last month I think O was on CD 20.

I'm not sure if this will help or hinder my fertility in the short term but I know it'll be better for the long term, I've started a new lifestyle where I've cut out the excessive takeaway and all processed foods and am eating all unprocessed mostly organic food, low fat low carb. I don't feel hungry, I'm constantly eating and I think getting more nutrition and vitamins than ever before. I've lost 4 kgs in 2 weeks which is fantastic since I've put on 13kgs in the last 18months. If my body does feel starved I may not get pregnant this month but i will be much healthier when I do! I'm still taking prenatals and a teaspoon of vegemite a day is my aussie version of a B vitamin! I've never really believed in the efficacy of vitamin tablets only take the prenatals cos i figure it wont do any harm

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Continuing on the "what are you taking?" theme, what are you guys avoiding and/or giving up?

Giving up alcohol was a no brainer, though I think all CD1s will be 'celebrated' with a good beer or glass of wine. I'm very torn about giving up my single cup of coffee every morning. Thus far I am still enjoying it, but with a bit of guilt. A single 12oz cup that I make with a pour-over cone (hubby doesn't drink coffee), with beans that certainly don't hit starbucks averages for caffeine content. But, it's definitely not caffeine free. Last night, I fixed myself a cup of chamomile tea before bed and was halfway through it when it suddenly hit me that it was herbal and I hadn't checked if it was safe or not. Of course, I looked into it right then and there and discovered nobody seems to know for sure, so I finished the cup and called it my last for now. It's no wonder women become obsessive about what they ingest while preggo...

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Hippi! I also recently cleaned up my diet and have lost 5-7lbs in the last month from doing so. Like you, I haven't been feeling hungry at all, so I'm hoping it doesn't affect TTC for anything but the better.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm not doing anything much different except for giving up alcohol. I usually eat pretty well and exercise consistently. I drank coffee all through my last pregnancy so not giving that up for ttc. I can't function well without coffee. :wall: As long as i stay under 300mg of caffeine per day, it's OK.

DH is very excited about restarting ttc so he bought me a small cheesecake last night. Not sure if it's helpful but he seems to think it'll "help your ovaries" :bigsmile:

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Ooh, I like his way of thinking, baby monster! I won my diet bet today (Google it if you are curious), so tonight I get to have Boston Market for dinner. So excited. I figure comfort food is perfect for cheering on possible implantation. I am getting pinchy feelings really low on the RHS this morning, never felt anything like them before. Symptom spotting like a crazy person!

mousey

Shiny_Rock

Hi everyone. Can I join? I am so happy to be TTC. I have wanted to for soooooo long and finally we are ready. But reading though this thread... well I have no idea what all the jargon means. Where did you go to find out all this info?

We are going to try this month. I bought some ovulation tests and I roughly know when it should happen. We were just planning on BDing (baby dancing?!) a lot around then. I ve been taking my folic acid for about a month. Is there anything else I need to do. That feels like such a silly question....

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Welcome, Mousey! I just joined this week, too, and am 4 days into my first TWW (two-week wait). I picked up a lot of the jargon along the way because we used fertility awareness method (FAM) to avoid pregnancy for many years. If you are interested in learning more about your cycle, how to track it, what your body is doing through each week, etc, I highly recommend a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility (TCOYF). You can also learn a lot from servies/sites like fertility friend and many others. Currently, I'm doing my tracking using a phone/ipad app called Kindara. They, too, have a FAQ with lots of info.

I'm trying to think of more of the abbreviations that get used a lot around here....
CD = cycle day CD1 = first day of your period
DPO = days past ovulation. Today I am 4DPO. The earliest you can ever, if you are really lucky, get a positive pregnancy test (big fat positive, BFP) is ~8DPO. Much more likely to see something day 10 or later, though. The time from ovulation to being able to test is the TWW (it's torture), because if you have an average 28 day cycle and ovulate halfway through, your time to your (hopefully missed) period is 2 weeks.
CM or CF = cervical mucous or fluid. Your discharge changes through the month with your cycle. The wetter, more slick, or egg-white like (EWCM), the more fertile it is. Sperm survive and swim in it and need it to get to their destination. Typically, this starts up a few days before you ovulate, and since sperm survive for 3-5 days, it's best to get busy the second you see it! Your chances go way down after you ovulate, because the egg only survives 12-24 hours if not fertilized.
BD - yep, baby dancing :)

Please ask if there is something you don't understand! We're all happy to help the best we can. KMFX (keeping my fingers crossed) your stay in TTC is short and sweet!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome Mousey! I had a temp dip yesterday as 2dpo but it's back up now so I guess just a fallback rise.

As for what was cut out during TTC, well I def have been drinking a lot less caffeine and alcohol but I'm in the "drink till it's pink" club and will probably still have some coffee if I get preggo BC otherwise I won't be able to make it to work! My school is going through a huge audit tomorrow and we've been prepping for over a month, I am going out with my coworkers Friday night and it will be a no limit drinking binge no doubt. I will still set a practical limit but I'll be drunk and taking the train home. It's going to be a crazy night!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Have fun and be safe!! I think my hubby would be horribly upset with me if I dared drink anything right now, let along enough to get drunk. He respects my opinion and that with anything preggo related there is a 99.9% chance I know more about it than he does, but he is a worrier and would carry tension about "what if..?" until baby was born 100% healthy and proven a genius by age 3. However, I can completely relate to the coffee-is-required life, and unless my doc tells me no, I'll continue with my morning cup through pregnancy. I'm so far resisting the occasional mid-afternoon-slump cup this past week, but I've been so tired the last few days it's been quite the challenge. I was thisclose to putting my head down and napping at my desk on Monday.

mousey

Shiny_Rock

Ladyciel- amazing. Thank you so much. I have copied your message into a word doc so I can refer to it when I need to.

Good luck to you both too. Hopefully we'll all be BFP soon.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome mousey! So good to see this thread hopping along!

April20

Ideal_Rock

ladyciel|1422975560|3826534 said:
Ooh, I like his way of thinking, baby monster! I won my diet bet today (Google it if you are curious), so tonight I get to have Boston Market for dinner. So excited. I figure comfort food is perfect for cheering on possible implantation. I am getting pinchy feelings really low on the RHS this morning, never felt anything like them before. Symptom spotting like a crazy person!

Not to feed the symptom spotting, but I got a pinchy feeling on my RHS during my TWW that I do not remember ever experiencing in any prior cycle (and I've been charting since 2008). I got a BFP at 8DPO so maybe the "pinchy" feeling will turn out to be a positive thing for you too!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Haha, thanks, April! Today is 7dpo. Pinchy/crampy/bloated/constipated/gassy...all of it almost every day this week. Also a couple days with slight heartburn/blech feeling, even though I hadn't eaten anything or any volume out of the ordinary. So, of course, it's all completely messing with my head. No spotting, though I feel today like maybe my CF is picking back up after almost nothing the last couple of days. My temp spike this month is pretty large, though that may or may not count for anything. haha. It's funny, some hours I feel this certainty that the BFP will happen this month, and other hours I think the possibility sounds ludicrous and completely unlikely. A box of wondfo's arrives today, so I can test daily w/o guilt until BFP or AF arrives. Here's my chart thus far:
attachment-1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results