carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Vitex is one of the main herbals in fertilitea, I figured it could help with regulating me after coming off of BC. I'm a worst case scenario kind of person so I actually researched a lot of things people have tried when having difficulties TTC just so I'd be mentally prepared. I think I first came across it reading the TTC 6+ thread, I've read that whole thread from beginning to current!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How does fertilitea taste? Some cites say vitex is bitter and recommend it in capsules. I get pretty bad pmdd some months, maybe it could be helpful. I currently just eat fermented soy products, which have estradiol, to help with pmdd.

April20

Ideal_Rock

baby monster|1415047808|3776910 said:
April, how did you come across vitex? I looked it up and it's very interesting that it's so widely used in Europe but I never heard of it before in US.

Stephbolt, second ones can be tricky. I'm in the same boat as you. IMHO, age can be a contributing factor. I'm 5 years older now than trying for #1.

AFM, almost positive opk this morning so we're just going with the flow.

I was googling "natural remedies to encourage ovulation" or some such terminology. I generally O between CD20-23 and that makes me crazy. Agnus Castus kept coming up so I started googling that. I did notice that almost all the links/message boards discussing it were in the UK. Then I figured out that it was also referred to as Vitex-agnus castus, so I looked in the forums of TCOYF.com under "complementary and alternative therapies" and there are several threads about it. I went into one of the local vitamin stores and they had several variations. The herbs are alphabetized, so I found some under "Vitex" and some under "agnus castus". I read online to buy the most expensive/highest dose ones you could find to theoretically purchase the purest form. I bought the Gaia single dose. It was 60 capsules for around $19 after tax. They're 1000mg each; the bottle says take 2 per day. So we will see!

ETA: I read that if you have a regular cycle- ie, O on CD14ish and a normal LP, Vitex can disrupt your cycle and mess you up. So keep that in mind if your cycle is "normal" on each end.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think the fertilitea tastes mostly like green tea and peppermint. I like it just fine. I'm giving it a whirl this cycle to try and regulate and if nothing takes this cycle next cycle I'll use nothing.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the info, April and Asscherhalo_lover. I am more interested in pmdd symptom management and not cycle regulation. Some cites referred to that aspect of vitex but it's likely to affect timing, then it's not a good option.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey ladies,

Hope everyone is well! I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this...? :confused:

I've now been off the mini-pill for almost 3 months. I don't exercise a lot, just walk to dogs each day. I don't diet either - just eat sensibly.I've been a slim petite 45-50kg most of my life and feel blessed genetically!

Since I've stopped taking the pill I've gained around 5kg and and I'm terribly bloated around the stomach area. I mean I actually look pregnant already :shock: (I'm not I've checked). I started going to the gym and cutting back on sweet treats but I feel like it's getting worse every day! It's really hitting my self esteem which doesn't help with baby-making either. I'm struggling to get into my clothes and just feel hidious :wall: Pleeeeeeeeease help me....... whyyyyyyy???? ;(

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't know about that. I gained a lot of weight with my last BC implant and since I've had it out my appetite has decreased a lot. How long were you on your pill?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Asscherhalo_lover|1415191849|3777892 said:
I don't know about that. I gained a lot of weight with my last BC implant and since I've had it out my appetite has decreased a lot. How long were you on your pill?

I've been on the pill for around 11 years so I did expect a few side effects coming off (acne, mood swings etc) but nothing like this! Everyone keeps telling me they LOST weight so I seem to be the only one warrenting whale status at the moment... ;(

Everything else is fine but really bloated, hard tummy and sudden weight gain of around 5kg that i cannot seem to shift. If I were actually pregnant I wouldn't care less but I'm not even there yet. :confused: Could this be caused just by hormones or maybe the "Blackmore Conceive Well Gold" suppliments?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

HotPozzum|1415225838|3778200 said:

I've been on the pill for around 11 years so I did expect a few side effects coming off (acne, mood swings etc) but nothing like this! Everyone keeps telling me they LOST weight so I seem to be the only one warrenting whale status at the moment... ;(

Everything else is fine but really bloated, hard tummy and sudden weight gain of around 5kg that i cannot seem to shift. If I were actually pregnant I wouldn't care less but I'm not even there yet. :confused: Could this be caused just by hormones or maybe the "Blackmore Conceive Well Gold" suppliments?
Have you discussed this with your ob/gyn? I would talk to the doctor and ask for an ultrasound.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby monster|1415228851|3778225 said:
HotPozzum|1415225838|3778200 said:

Have you discussed this with your ob/gyn? I would talk to the doctor and ask for an ultrasound.

I had a check up about 8 weeks ago - did all the bloods etc. They were a bit rubbish to be honest - I had to chase for results and it still hasn't actually been made clear to me if I need booster immunity shots or not. :roll:
I've also had ovarian cysts before (& surgery twice!) and I have mild PCOS but these are not the same symptoms (ie. feel like dying with pain) so don't think it's that. My family keep rubbishing it like "oh you look fine, you were too thin anyway" etc but I feel "not right" within myself. :errrr: Just wanted to know if anyone else had similar experience coming off the pill...

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry this is getting at you HotPozzum. I wasn't on the pill I was on a progesterone implant so I'm of little use. If you do some googling though you will find many stories with similar accounts of specific belly bloating from women coming off of the pill. Your body may just need time to readjust after being on the synthetic hormones for such a long time. No matter what though, feeling comfortable in your own skin is the most important part. Hugs.

April20

Ideal_Rock

Just a quick note on the Vitex. I started taking it on CD4. Since the first day after I started taking it, my temps have been super steady. 97.07, 97.09, 97.07, 97.13, 97.14. My temps usually look more like a seismograph during a small earthquake. Up, down, up, down, up, down. Not enough for me to think there's an issue, but definitely more movement. So the Vitex is definitely doing something!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

April20|1415372715|3779143 said:
Just a quick note on the Vitex. I started taking it on CD4. Since the first day after I started taking it, my temps have been super steady. 97.07, 97.09, 97.07, 97.13, 97.14. My temps usually look more like a seismograph during a small earthquake. Up, down, up, down, up, down. Not enough for me to think there's an issue, but definitely more movement. So the Vitex is definitely doing something!

That sounds promising! My temps are still pretty high and low but I'm still just coming down from AF so I'm not thinking much of it yet. I'm going to start OPKs on CD 10, do you use them as well?

April20

Ideal_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1415381854|3779264 said:
April20|1415372715|3779143 said:

That sounds promising! My temps are still pretty high and low but I'm still just coming down from AF so I'm not thinking much of it yet. I'm going to start OPKs on CD 10, do you use them as well?

I haven't used OPKs. I get pretty clear "pinchy" feelings about 2 days before I ovulate. I generally aim for every other day fun from just before I expect the pinchy feeling thru confirmed ovulation. It's worked so far. And from what I hear, it's super easy to miss the surge with OPKs if you're not doing them multiple times a day- I know I wouldn't be very good at keeping up with them.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover|1414871931|3776087 said:
CD1 here! This means I actually did ovulate at least and I had a normal LP, yay for some good news! This month will be an official trying month, 2x per day Fertilitea starting now.

I hope you had a good weekend Monsterbaby!

April20 looks like we're on the same cycle for now, let's see if I manage to stay up with you and have a normal one, lol.

Hippiepixie any news on your cycle yet?

Sorry I haven't been on PS much I mostly just come to these threads to have a whinge when i have a bad day. still waiting for AF. today is CD 65. i should see a GP but I figure they will just refer me for a blood test and I have an intense phobia of blood tests (don't get me started on how I should be getting over that if i want to get pregnant) I've been super emotional and crying all day so hopefully AF is on her way! if not i guess i will have to go to the GP.

we're trying to buy a house so we've been doing a lot of inspections and if they don't have a cute nursery already set up then I'm imagining where mine will be if we ever get around to TTC. just found out my cousin who got married in June is pregnant already and due in May. so I'm happy for them but more tears for me. such a debbie downer

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

hippy_pixi, IMHO a visit to your ob/gym is needed. Blood tests are yucky and I always look away so as not to get nauseous. Just close your eyes and think of your favorite place to be.

I've also been researching about Vitex as April20 and Asscherhalo_lover are taking it and it seems to regulate cycles. There were some comments about it shortening long cycles. Look into it, perhaps you'll find it helpful.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I wanted to mention that for blood tests a great trick is headphones with your favorite music, close your eyes, and have a lollipop while they do it. One of my best friends is a PA and takes blood alllllllll day long.

Also, make sure you are very well hydrated. It makes getting the blood much easier.

I started OPKs today at CD 9, I used to ovulate at CD 12 before BC so we'll see what happens! How are you Babymonster? Did you ever get your +?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for asking, Asscherhalo_lover. I'm 6DPO so almost halfway through 2ww. I have a dinner party to go to this Saturday and really want to have a glass of wine with dinner. My friend always makes great food and gets amazing wine so I'll test on Fri and Sat. Hopefully I can get a clear answer either way.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So ummm turns out I was whinging for nothing. :oops: All that odd bloating and feeling like a whale? Just got a positive test this morning. So happy birthday (tomorrow) to me :dance: Best present ever. Wanted to say thanks for your wise advice and support in this forum. Best of luck to everyone else! :wavey:

April20

Ideal_Rock

HotPozzum|1415653898|3780815 said:
So ummm turns out I was whinging for nothing. :oops: All that odd bloating and feeling like a whale? Just got a positive test this morning. So happy birthday (tomorrow) to me :dance: Best present ever. Wanted to say thanks for your wise advice and support in this forum. Best of luck to everyone else! :wavey:

Awesome news! Congratulations.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Congrats!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats HotPozzum!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats! Let's hope we stay on a good roll!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats and happy birthday HP! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tiniest bit of EWCM last night, a whole lot more today, OPKs are getting darker, fingers crossed!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Positive OPK! Getting ready for round two :naughty:

I hope this is it and not a false ovulation like the first one from last month, fingers crossed!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good luck!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby monster|1415842397|3782382 said:
Good luck!
Thanks! Good luck with tomorrow/Saturday's test!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Well, my temp shot up this morning. Hopefully it will stay up. If it does, it will confirm ovulation for CD15. I think CD15 should be correct because I had definite O pains on CD13, 14. If CD15 holds, it will be one of the earliest O dates I've had in quite some time and I would venture to say it's the Vitex!

April20

Ideal_Rock

This is off topic, but I'm keeping a friend's 3 year old for a few hours today (she'll be 4 in a couple months). I am so excited. She's hilarious and she's actually quite attached to me. She told me a week or so ago that I was her best friend. :love: She's just so darn cute and sassy. I hope I get one just like her when we finally have one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results