shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Indy-I can''t find where I read it (maybe in TCOYF) but I did read somewhere that for most women, their luteal phase is usually about the same from month to month. The day of ovulation may vary but the LP is usually consistent. I don''t know if that helps if you look back at your old charts, you may find that your LP is about the same from month to month.
Enjoy the sushi, sounds good!
Homemade tonic water, how interesting.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Indy, I haven''t really been following your charting since I just started posting, but I would suggest doing an OPK test this month so you can try to pin down your LP more easily. Plus it''s good to have convergent validity with the tests. Good luck!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE - I did it!!!

I injected myself twice now w/ GonalF - FSH for short.

I have an US on Tues. and we go from there.

I had 8-9 antrals on left side and OMG, 1-8mm follie on Rt. side (I thought it was dead).

On CD 3. 20% chance this cycle.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck, Lisa! :)

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Lisa!! I will have my fingers crossed for you.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
....So, um, apparently I''m pregnant, and it''s been a bit of a shock since we weren''t superduper TTC. I''ve been off BCP for 2 cycles, and on cycle 2, CD 11, we were unprotected. According to my Fertility Planner chart, I O''d on CD 16, and today is CD 28. Indy''s post on drinking got me freaking out because I''ve had a couple of glasses of wine in the past two weeks. I was confident that I couldn''t possibly be pregnant. But then I started worrying about ''what ifs''. So I took a test on CD26, late evening, and it came back BFP. I''ve taken 4 more tests (one digital), since then, and all are BFPs.

I''m really disappointed in myself for not taking the TTC stage seriously enough and still getting pregnant. I''m learning to accept that things don''t always go according to plan, and you need to work with what you have. We wanted a May/June baby so it wouldn''t ''interfere'' with our semester schedule. I''m teaching my own designed tutorial in the spring, so there is no way I can pass up the opportunity just because I''m going to have a baby at the end of February. My mom will move in with us to take care of the baby during the semester so I can teach and work on my dissertation (which should technically be 2 chapters deep by then). This is a wanted baby, and I''ve been preparing myself for over a year for this moment. I just didn''t expect it to happen this way! I''m usually a control freak, but we knew what we were getting into when I went off BCP and had our last hurrah that fateful evening. The alcohol consumption, however, is freaking me out. It''s not like I was pounding shots every night, but still, I am so disappointed in myself. I thought I was smarter than that, but apparently not. I haven''t told anyone yet. My husband thinks we should wait a week more. If you guys want to chew me out, I''ll understand.
15.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Erica!!! Wonderful news!! Please dont worry about the alcohol thing...I think its just wasted energy at this point!!!
...I know you are kind of freaked out right now, I think that is a normal reaction for some people....Try not to worry....things have a way of working themselves out....You have 9 months to prepare!!!
2.gif
CONGRATS again!!!!
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Lisa, good luck! Glad to hear things are looking good in there.

Erica that''s amazing news! Congratulations. And don''t worry about the drinking. As long as you weren''t binging, the chances are EXTREMELY low that a glass of wine or two would affect your little cub, particularly since you weren''t even sharing a blood supply until around CD23. And at that point, it was still just cells dividing. Of course it''s better to err on the side of caution, but the overwhelming probability is that your glass or two had NO effect so just put it out of your mind and go from here!

That''s great that your mom can come help out!

And just think of all the anxiety you''ve saved yourselves by getting knocked up before you even really started trying!

Peony, I''m planning to do exactly what you suggest, re the opk tests. I purchased a bunch and I''m ready to go for Cycle2! You know how I love data. So I''m all for it. That was only my first cycle charting, so I''m treating it as a learning cycle.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the reassurance! I didn''t realize we won''t be sharing a blood supply for a few more days. Phew! My husband has been ''whatever'' about the drinking and the ''no maternity-leave'', so hopefully I can take a bit of his calm and put it to good use.

I just went for a jog, and that made me feel better. I wonder how long I can ride my bike to work? The bad thing about having a baby in the dead of winter is that my city neighbors are notorious for not shoveling its icy sidewalks. Grrr.

I don''t think I''m ready for the ''pregnant'' thread yet. I think I''ll hang out here and cheer everyone else on for a month.

You wouldn''t believe how happy I am to have a forum like this. Being the first of my close friends to marry or become pregnant, it can be really isolating.

I guess I better make an appointment at health services now. Oh my!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hey erica - CONGRATS girl!
I really wouldn''t give another thought to the drinking. I figure that God/Mother Nature created the 2 ww as a grace period for us. Most people don''t know they''re pg during that week, and luckily the placenta is not dev''ped at that time, so you really didn''t put your babe in harms way. Going forward, now that you know, you can make all the best nutritional choice for you and your baby. Time to start enjoying and marveling in the miracle!

GL GL GL GOOD LUCK Lisa! I have big ol fist fulls of baby dust for you. wishing you huge success and the ''GIFT OF LIFE'' soon! :)

As for me, today I''m officially 7 weeks. Other than the brutal acne I have (that''s giving me a touch of low self esteem), I''m feeling great and so happy. I have an u/s this wed (in 2 days!!!) to rule out twins. We have a strong family history. Can''t wait to share it with you girls!

Have a great monday!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Erica, I totally know what you mean. I have a few married friends, and 3 who have babies, but no one in my immediate circle. It makes it soooo much easier being able to talk about these things anonymously and get support and information.

OK, so here''s a weird twist. AF never really got going. Spotspotspot...stop. But the spotting was well passed when it could count as implantation which is why I was sure AF was coming (and the moodiness).

But this morning I feel like I''m going to PUKE. Like bleuh! I''m either at 17 DPO or 13... I got a BFN on what would have been DPO 15 ... or 11 (by the way, I always read this as ''big f**king negative'' because I''m just crass like that).

We did go for sushi last night, but I had cooked stuff anyway. And no scotch. So that''s not why I''m nauseous at least.
2.gif

Oh well, we''ll see what happens. It''s probably just stress (lots of that right now). If AF doesn''t show up in force by tomorrow, I''ll do another test.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Mela Lu--thanks for support! Good luck with your u/s!

Dani-- It''s true, what''s done is done, now I need to focus on the next nine months.

Indy--Crossing my fingers for you! The stress has definitely thrown me out of sorts, too. Plus, going off BCP can do such weird things to your body.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
eek. GL Indy.

Let us know how you go...

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Erica, congrats!! We are in the same boat as you were before the BFP--charting but not ready to TTC until late August/early Sept. But my reason is that I''m taking the MCAT in April, and I don''t want to be any more than 32-34 weeks when I take the test for fear of going into labor during the exam, hehe! For you, things potentially won''t be terrible because you could even write two lectures in advance and give them to a colleague or even cancel class for a week and give them some extra reading when you have your baby. As long as you''re able to prepare as much as you can advance, you''ll hopefully just have to go to school for a week hrs each week and then grade things at home (or even give them to a TA, if you have one).

Big congrats! I''d much rather be in your boat than have trouble TTC! :)

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
peony--Yes, the MCATs are definitely something to plan around! There was a panicked moment where I thought I would have to cancel the class, but it should be ok. The seminar meets once a week for two hours, and I probably won''t have more than 6 students. I''m sure we''ll be able to work around the delivery week. I''m going to start work on the syllabus at the end of the summer (after I''ve written two chapters, I hope!).

I was on the verge of a whine-fest when my husband told me that one of his studio critics in architecture taught and worked at her practice while pregnant and didn''t take time off after she had her baby. Oh, and I''m pretty sure her husband lives in Germany. So, if she can be hardcore, so can I! Sure, 3 months of maternity leave would be great, but I''m just a doctoral student, and the clock is ticking....

I''m such a pessimist, I can''t believe I could become pregnant without really trying. Crossing my fingers that it sticks....

Good luck studying and getting ready to TTC, peony!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, once a week! That''s great!! :)

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Wow, good morning all!

Lisa- good luck to you, hopefully this will be what it takes!
Erica- CONGRATS! As a super controlling gal myself, I understand your concerns... but as you know everything will work itself out. I''m so excited for you.
Indy- Do you think, maybe? Keep us posted!
Mela- Glad to hear you''re doing so well.

As for myself, just waiting out the last few days of this cycle so we can start trying
9.gif
I''m trying not to get my hopes up for first time out success, but, as I''m sure you ladies can understand, part of me keeps thinking (hoping) it will happen.

Happy Monday
35.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Erica, I''m sure your students won''t mind if you double up a couple of classes in the weeks preceeding. I know people who''ve done this for other reasons. Schedule something in the evening and buy them pizza. They won''t complain! And with 6 students and lots of advance notice, it shouldn''t be hard to find a mutually convenient time. Then just get as much prep done as possible ahead of time. And remember those two magic, magic words: Student Presentations.

If worse comes to worst, I''m sure you can find someone to cover for you for a week or two.

As for me, I think it must just be wishful thinking that the nausea means anything (who woulda thought I''d call feeling pukey wishful!). After all, there is no other likely explanation for the spotting. So I''m going to keep from getting my hopes up.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
ERICA!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! you sly girl!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
She drops the bomb
23.gif
23.gif
when no one expects it!

Congratulations and no I won''t chew u out!

Don''t worry about the ETOH until day 18 or so in embryo dev.
that''s when embryo goes from neural tube to dev. organs. And even then in "olden" days most women didn''t
figure out they were preggers for about a month after skipped period so nature has u covered for a couple weeks.

So you get about 3 weeks of debauchery!

Just for good measure I have to call you a "Jerkstore" just like Mela!

Really that is great news...keep on posting everything.

Lisa

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Peony, Erica, Mela, HIL, Indy and everyone else TTC - thanks for the support.

Just wanted to B_ _ _ _ H and moan about the cost of IUI.

US $140, GobnalF pen $239 (2 doses), IUI $300, etc....

The pharmacy screwed up my order so the clinic is giving me another freebie pen today (totals abot $500 in free meds.)!!!

How do some of these women keep going with like 11 IUI''s under their belt?

Not to mention the IVF cycles at 15K for 3 rounds??????

Statistically we have a 20-25% chance in any cycle w/ IUI - just like reg BD. But better at our age.

So I think we''ll only go IUI for 4 cycles and then let the chips, eggs, sperm, lay where they lay!

I think this month would put us out around 2K total (if the med/s weren''t screwed).

Talk about pressure to get that eggie fertilized and implanted.
6.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I missed a lot this weekend!

Congrats Kay! Way to sneak one in under the radar. Believe it or not, your story (and ones like Tgal) totally make me feel better about TTC.

Good luck, Lisa! I hope it all turns out great. How bad were the shots?

Ingy: here's wishing you'll have the pink-pukes (pink= positive PG test)!!

Mela, sorry about the acne. I'm kind of worried that'll happen to me, since I had no acne problems before. I do have my share of eczema, though, so who knows.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the support, Lisa! I swear, I didn''t really think I''d be pregnant. Am I crazy because I keep POAS? Even when the digital came up BFP, I shook my head in disbelief. Well, here''s hoping for a healthy and relatively simply pregnancy...

I''ve heard how expensive fertility treatments can be, but having you break it down by the month, wow, that''s certainly eye-opening! Crossing my fingers and toes that everything will go well this cycle.

Amber--
Thanks for the congrats! I''ve never won anything before, but right now I feel like a lottery winner. One thing this thread has taught me is to never take anything for granted.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Happy--

I still can''t figure out why it works sometimes, and doesn''t other times. I mean, medically speaking, there are reasons. But for that actual moment, who knows! Good luck with your first TTC cycle. I hope it happens soon, if not this time out.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All -

Lots going on here I see - first all, CONGRATULATIONS Erica! Looks like you knitted yourself a sweater!
2.gif
3.gif

Lisa and Indy - I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you - throwing buckets of baby dust your way!
5.gif
Lisa, I can't believe how much IUI costs! But, obviously it's worth it
2.gif
- I just didn't think it was that pricey - sheesh!

Happy in love - you and I are both gearing up for our first cycle of trying next month - whoo hoo - so excited!!!!! But, also trying not to stress out about it (that's hard to do for me...let me tell ya).

Mela - you can pop in anytime! It's nice to just learn from each other regardless if we're pregnant, trying or thinking of trying.
35.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just couldn''t concentrate at work, so I decided to go work at home. And then of course I just HAD to POAS.

Now I can''t quite believe it yet, and I''m going to wait and take another non-dollar-store test tomorrow morning. But there is definitely DEFINITELY a second, faint line on this strip.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Indy- I am so excited for you!!!!! I thought your spotting/nausea sounded slightly suspicious(I have been a major lurker these days- don''t post but keep any eye on things). I suggest a digital- no reading faint lines- Wow! Congratulations. I will be standing by waiting for updates!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Indy! Look at the influx of BFPs today! Congrats, hope the next one is a little clearer!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indy, that is AWESOME!!!!! You can''t be a little bit pregnant, either you are or you aren''t. So if you are sure it''s not an evaporation line (and knowing you I am sure you''ve read up on it
2.gif
) it means YES!!!

And Erica- CONGRATS girl!!! That is so exciting. We can be in this together, I''m working on my prelims now and will be in full on dissertation mode by the time the twins come.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Indy - OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Erica, congrats to you and your DH! It is exciting news. I know you are shocked but I really think everything will work out in the end!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results