shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Surgery update-

I had the endometrial cyst on my ovary which was removed. She also discovered that I had endometriosis on my fallopian tubes which the previous RE had missed. They also removed the polyp from my uterus. Feeling fine today, just menstrual like cramps and a little bit of a sore stomach :) Haven't even needed the percoset yet! Taking it easy and going up to my sister’s tonight (DH works all weekend) to rest while she watches DS. Happy Friday everyone!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
RT, glad the surgery went well. Sending you lots of recovery dust. How sweet of your sister to watch C while you're recovering.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Random, thanks for the update. Glad you are not feeling too poorly and are going to get a chance to rest. Hopefully, this will pave the way for a pregnancy finally! Take care.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to stop in & wish all of you the best in your upcoming cycles. I think there's going to be a lot of wonderful news coming from this thread very soon.

Even though I'm not posting much these days, I follow along with your journeys, my TTC warriors. For those of you TTC your first, I know how hard it is fearing it might never happen. And for those of you TTC a second, especially after having a hard time with #1, I admire your strength. TTC was such a dark time for me that I have a hard time imagining myself having the courage to go back to that place again. I'm confident that all of your families will be complete soon.

You are all such strong women & your little ones & future little ones are lucky to have you as moms! Big hugs to all! I'm cheering you on like crazy!

RT, so glad your surgery went well & hope you can get some rest this weekend! Also hoping it's paved the way for a pregnancy! I believe once Bella had her polyp removed it wasn't long before we was KU!

SB, I'm so glad to hear your FET is moving forward as scheduled. I'm so optimistic that this is it for you!

JGator, LV & MP, wishing you all kinds of luck in your upcoming IVF cycles! Good things are coming your way soon.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
mp, I understand you about the other TTC thread. I haven't followed it since I joined this one. Yay for no cyst!

JGator, how overwhelming, and what a long process. It's only two weeks two August, but it's SO long.

RT, congratulations on a successful surgery! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

AFM, I'm back from my trip to Japan. I fully enjoyed the hot springs, and I probably came back 5 lbs heavier. I'm still spotting now, but I had a bit of heavy bleeding when I arrived Japan. My doctor said that it's possible I passed the tissue naturally. So I had an us today, but it showed I still have plenty of fluid and tissue left. I'm going ahead with my second d&c on Monday morning. I just want to TTC again! I've wasted four months already.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Choro, I totally hear you about the frustrating wait about starting to TTC again. I was there too. Hugs my friend and I hope this will be just a small hiccup on your journey.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Choro, hugs. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your time in Japan. But I'm so sorry you still need another D&C. This long delay and further delay just plain suck. Will the same doctor be doing the next D&C? She/he better get it right this time! And hopefully, your cycle will return quickly and you will be back to TTC in no time. Hang in there!

Hi Bright! I'm so, so happy for you that you are just a couple months from meeting that little girl. Continued thoughts and prayers that the last few weeks go smoothly for you. Thanks for checking in and for the good wishes.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for not posting so much. I've been on a break, I guess. My trip was the week before last. I was out of the country for four days. It was very very difficult. Skype is not good for us. The first (and only!) time we tried it, S asked me to be where she was and to hug her. Of course, this not being possible and the tone of her voice, reduced me to tears. It was really awful. The travel itself was hard, moving from place to place each day. I had some good meetings though, so I guess it wasn't all bad. I am so so so happy to be home and hope that any future trips are no more than one night away.

MP - Do you start meds tonight? I have never heard of the Counsyl test before here. Given that I have been to three different REs in the past year, I'm not sure how that is possible! We have been tested for a bunch of genetic issues, but certainly not 100 . . . . :confused:

Choro - Sorry that you will need to have the D&C again. I hope that all goes well tomorrow and you are on your way to TTC'g again soon.

RT - Glad to hear your surgery went well. Hope your recovery is going well.

BrightSpot - :wavey:

SB - Sending you tons of good luck for your FET next week!!!!

JGator - I was thinking about your IUI vs. IVF issue and wondered whether it might be a good idea to start with IUI to get a sense of your response to injectables? Are IUIs covered under your plan? Just be sure that they don't count toward your cycle max. I was on my DH's insurance last year -- IUIs were covered; no cycle limit. On my insurance, they allow two cycles total (whether IUI or IVF.)

Huff26

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am new to Pricescope in general but started posting over in the TTC forums a couple of weeks ago when I got bad new and found out we had to start trying immediately. I love OEC diamonds and that's how I got hooked on this forum in the first place, but I always just lurked. Now I find myself in need of someone who understands.

I feel bad telling my story over there because I don't know if anyone can relate. I am 25 years old and was not planning on trying to get pregnant anytime soon. But life has had a very different plan for me over all. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer when I was 20 and went through several treatments that have been very successful. I caught it extremely early and worked with the best oncologist who kept me from chemo and other treatments that he thought would limit me later in life. The man is a godsend in essence.

Fast forward that after two years of treatments and finally being ok I step back out into the world. A couple of years later and I meet my amazing and perfect DH. Another saving grace in my life, truly. I thought that we are both on the same page and that we will wait a few years at least to start trying, to give us a chance to save up and explore the world. All seemed to be going splendidly, despite my rough patch.

After working a very very very stressful job I kept having pains in my right ovary, then left, the right. Finally I went to the ER and found out I had cysts. I was told to follow up with an OBGYN. After testing my blood levels and extremely long cycles, they tell me that I have PCOS. That we should start trying now, because I have a high likelihood of the cervical cancer returning and that I will have a lot of trouble conceiving. They told me I was looking at a full hysterectomy if the cancer came back again and that the medications caused hormonal changes to affect my fertility. It was all just a lot to swallow at once.

They put me on Clomid this month, just to see if I would ovulate. I got almost positives and then it dropped off the face of the earth. I know I didn't miss it because I started testing every hour and nothing. I am currently on a 2ww, but my OB thinks its unlikely I am pregnant and wants to put me on Metformin this cycle. My AMH number also came back at 5.4, another indicator of PCOS.

So I just wanted to say it all here, in a place where I have read so many stories while hoping we were going to have a surprise baby. We have been NTNP for over a year, so I thought something was up. I just never wanted to admit it because I have always wanted to be a mother. I know the game isn't up and reading your stories has given me the courage to get tested and face what's in front of us. Thank you for reading and thank you all for being an inspiration to me.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, Huff. Hugs to you. That is a lot to take and congratulations on surviving and fighting through cervical cancer. I think you should see an RE rather than your OB in your case. I think you have options and likely will want to do some sort of egg retrieval and egg freezing which I hear is done often with chemo/cancer patients and can be covered by insurance in cases where there is a true medical need which I think you have. You should be monitored when taking Clomid - regular visits to have ultrasounds and blood work during the first half of your cycle to see how your follicles are responding to the Clomid. I don't think that is being done from what I have read from you. Then, they will know when you are about to ovulate and can also trigger you to make sure an egg is released based on close monitoring. I think you definitely have options and I think the more information you have from the experts the better. Let us know if you have any more questions or need reassurance. You have age on your side, and you can take things like Metformin for PCOS and the RE will really know what to do to help you.

MP, good luck! Where are you in the cycle - and when will the Egg Retrieval be?

LV, I think we will lean IUI after I get the polyp removed, but still need to discuss with DH. So sorry to hear your trip was difficult for you and your DD. I think I'm going to have to take a short business trip in August which can't be avoided, and I'm really dreading it. My DD is a momma's girl, and I'm so embedded in her daily routine.

Choro, so sorry to hear you had to go through with the 2nd D&C. Hugs to you for a speedy recovery emotionally and physically.

RT, thank you for sharing about the polyp removal surgery, and I'm glad you are on the mend.

SB, good luck with the FET. Keep us posted.

AFM, not much new - waiting till the 14th for the polyp removal.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Huff, I'm sorry you went through all of that, but I'm glad you made it through and are able to start a family. I agree with JGator that if I were you I would start seeing an RE to make sure you are getting the best treatment for your PCOS, monitoring of your cycles, and advice regarding the effect of cervical cancer. There are many treatments available for PCOS, so try to stay hopeful that there will be a solution for you. With clomid, I have always had ultrasound monitoring to see how many follicles there were, what size they were, and when I would ovulate. I really do think that's an important part of the process, so definitely ask your OBGYN about that even if you decide not to see an RE. Good luck to you, and feel free to post any other questions you have.

JGator, hopefully the next few weeks go by quickly for you until your procedure. I hope your visit with the in-laws is going well! I agee with LV that it might not be a bad idea to do an IUI with injectables, because even if it doesn't work, you would at least get a feel for how you respond to them. Hopefully, you and DH will come to an agreement. My DH always needs a lot of extra convincing to take the next step, so I know how that it is.

LV, so glad you are back from your trip, and I'm sorry it was hard on you and your little girl. Maybe it's because she's old enough to really understand what it all means, and it was a relatively long time away and far away for your first trip. But you all survived! Yeah, I don't know on the Counsyl thing. My RE seems to be a fan of it, but I'm guessing it is probably overkill. Obviously, there are going to be rare cases when both parents are carriers for the same thing, but it is less than a 1% chance from what I was told.

Random, hope you are holding up well.

SB, thinking of you this week!

Choro, hope your D&C was uneventful and worked this time!

AFM, tonight will be my third night of Gonal-F, and I have my first ultrasound on Thursday. They initially wanted me to come in Friday, but I convinced them to move it up because I have had issues with being a fast responder, and I just want to make sure everything is going as expected. It will probably cause me to have to pay for an extra ultrasound and bloodwork, but totally worth it in my opinon. I've had pretty bad headaches the past couple of days, but I can't tell if it is because I'm a little congested or if it is from the meds. Other than that, all is well. I'm dying to know how well I'm responding. I'm just so paranoid I'll have only a mediocre response after all this.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
LV, forgot to mention my insurance does cover IUIs with no limit. I just dont' want to waste too much time as I'm going to be 43 soon......like weeks!

MP, yay. I'm glad you are getting an ultrasound Thursday. I cannot wait to hear how it goes. I am living vicariously through you for this cycle. I really hope this is it for you!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Huff26, I'm in a similar boat as you. I don't have cancer but cervical and ovarian cancer do run in my family. I just turned 30 this month and I have PCOS and Endometriosis. I was told that my endometriosis was my big risk for getting cancer early and that I should try to conceive before I am 35 and then do a full hysterectomy. No pressure right :rolleyes: I have tried metformin for my pcos but it didn't really help me with anything besides maintain my weight. My doctor I'm seeing right now put me on dexamethasone though which targets the adrenal glands and lowers the testosterone. Basically we are treating the problem and not the symptom. I'm getting a blood draw in a few weeks to see if it has helped after being on it for 3 months. I'll definitely let you know the outcome! We've been trying for about 3 years now and I'm scheduled for iui next month so hopefully this is it! :bigsmile:

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
rt, glad your surgery went well and hoping it's the ticket for you.

jgator, that's great that your insurance covers IUIs. I think it can't hurt to do 1 or 2 IUIs - a few months won't make a big difference, but I wouldn't wait longer than that before moving on. Hopefully you and your DH can work it out.

mp, I hope everything is on track at your ultrasound tomorrow and you're responding well. I also got headaches from the stims. I did a typical long lupron protocol, but it think that's used less with diminished ovarian reserve. The PIO IM shots themselves are not too bad, but they get really sore after a few hours - it's made sitting, walking, and sleeping less than comfortable. Tips are to use a heating pad on the area for 10 minutes before and after the injection, warm the vial under warm water for a minute or so (not too warm - you don't want to burn yourself, but the heat helps thin it so it goes in more easily) and take a 20-30 minute walk afterwards to help disperse. And make sure your DH stays away from the midline where the sciatic nerve is - mine got too close and I think it must have irritated it because that shot aches much worse than the others.

huff, hugs, you've been through so much. I also think you should see an RE and make sure you're being properly monitored on the fertility meds so you don't waste time.

lv, sorry your trip was rough but it sounds like you all made it through. When are you thinking about doing the FET?

choro, so sorry about another D&C. I really hope this one is it!

bright, thanks for the support. I think of you and try to remind myself that it is possible to have a happy ending even after such a long and hard journey.

afm, our transfer was yesterday and all went well. Thinking lots of positive thoughts and keeping everything crossed that this is a sticky one!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
SB, tons of thoughts and prayers being sent your way. I am so hopeful for you! Glad to hear the PIO shots are not going too badly for you.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM, today will be day 5 of stims. At my ultrasound, they counted 13 follicles, and it's possible there were a few more. Most were stil pretty small around 8, and the largest was 12. I asked the RE if this was the result she expected or hoped for, and she was kind of wishy-washy and said we're headed in the right direction. She likes to see 10-15 follicles at the end, but I guess it's hard to say this early how many will keep growing. So I don't know what to think at this point. I'll find out later when my next appointment will be and what they want me to change the dosage of the stims.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, how many days of stims before an ER? When is your next ultrasound? Sending healthy growing vibes to your follies.

SB, sending healthy sticky dust to your embryo. I think it's great you are thinking positive thoughts.

RT, good luck with your upcoming IUI.

AFU, not much new. My in laws left to visit some friends in a neighboring state for a few days. I think our nanny is more happy about it than I am. My MIL has been getting on her nerves/micromanaging her, and my nanny never says anything about her personal life or complains so for her to tell me was a big deal. My MIL hasn't really bothered me yet this trip. They will be back Monday for another 10 days before heading out west to see my my SIL and family. I have a ton going on at work right now so that's helping me stay busy until the polyp removal on the 14th. Then, I have an out of town trip for work followed immediately by our vacation.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
JGator, I am doing the stims at the same dose for at least the next two nights. I go back in again on Sunday morning for an ultrasound and bloodwork, and I'm sure I'll have a better idea of when the retrieval will be after that. I spoke to a nurse yesterday to ask about how much more medicine I should buy and she *thought* I would take the trigger on Tuesday and have a retrieval on Thursday, but she also said it all depends on how much growth before Sunday.

I'm a little worried that they are waiting until Sunday to have me come in again, but I guess I need to trust the RE. The control freak in me wants a daily update! I honestly can't believe how quickly the whole process moves. I thought IVF would be a much more grueling drawn-out process, but other than the nightly shots, I really don't feel any different than I normally do. I'm just hoping and praying that I have a few good eggs growing because it's possible this will be the end of the road for us otherwise. I see all these women doing IVF 3,4,5 or more times, and I can see why they don't want to give up, especially if they don't have any children yet. I just know I can't let myself go down that road.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. SB, continued thoughts and prayers headed your way!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks MP and jgator for the well wishes. I need all the help I can get, and it helps to know you are rooting for us!

jgator, it sounds like August will go quickly for you! Nice to have distractions and vacation sounds great!

MP, your update from the u/s sounds promising and hopefully Sunday goes well too. Try not to worry about the next steps until you see how this one plays out - easier said than done, I know!

Huff26

Rough_Rock
First thank you all for responding. Your words make so much sense and I will try to follow the advice as best I can. One small issue though is as I stated before we are fairly young. Add to that, we have particurarly crappy insurance that doesn't cover any fertility issues. I'll have to call and see though if that changes with me being diagnosed with PCOS. I have started a diet with no sugar and very little carbs. All my favorite things in the world :(sad But honestly I would give them all up gladly for healthy kids.

I'll talk to my doctor and see if she's willing to monitor me for the next cycle. I know I wasn't monitored at all for this one. Not that it seems to have mattered much in the fact that I never ovulated. But I am hoping the combo of metformin, clomid, and my diet will help.

JGator: Thanks so much for your warm and caring response. I will try and research how to get monitored or if I can somehow see an RE with my diagnosis without having to pay for it out of pocket. Most clinics in my area are crazy expensive and don't cater at all to young couples.

MonkeyPrinces: Thank you for your kind words. I am hopeful the medicine and my new diet works. I would also really like to stop losing my hair all the time. Is being a fast responder generally a good thing?

Random_thought: First of all, I am sorry you have this PCOS hell to go through too. Secondly, I am so hopeful for your cycle next month! :appl: You might be walking me through it in a couple of months! Lastly, I am crossing my fingers the Clomid and Metformin work. Also did they put you on a special diet too? The few carbs and no sugar one called Keto? My energy levels have been a bit better on it already but man oh man am I craving all the carbs.

shortblonde: I really really hope this is the stickiest bean for you! Thank you for your kind words as well.

And again thank you for being so nice. It helped to come back from a long work week and read your encouraging words.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Huff26|1406321670|3720644 said:
Random_thought: First of all, I am sorry you have this PCOS hell to go through too. Secondly, I am so hopeful for your cycle next month! :appl: You might be walking me through it in a couple of months! Lastly, I am crossing my fingers the Clomid and Metformin work. Also did they put you on a special diet too? The few carbs and no sugar one called Keto? My energy levels have been a bit better on it already but man oh man am I craving all the carbs.

Ok, so. When I first got diagnosed I went low carb/sugar free and lost about 20 lbs combined with metformin. However, the new med they have me on- the dexamethasone- lowers my body's ability to process carb intake even more than before. I exercise and try to eat healthy as much as I can but I still have gained about 13 lbs back in the last 1.5 months. Tonight I had pizza, and it was amazing. Lol! However, when I have my second, I'm planning to ask about going back on Metformin again so I can use it for weight loss. I found when I ate less sugar and white flour that I had more energy, slept better, less depression and anxiety and was able to focus more when I was at work :) So it's not just your imagination!

Huff26

Rough_Rock
[/quote] Ok, so. When I first got diagnosed I went low carb/sugar free and lost about 20 lbs combined with metformin. However, the new med they have me on- the dexamethasone- lowers my body's ability to process carb intake even more than before. I exercise and try to eat healthy as much as I can but I still have gained about 13 lbs back in the last 1.5 months. Tonight I had pizza, and it was amazing. Lol! However, when I have my second, I'm planning to ask about going back on Metformin again so I can use it for weight loss. I found when I ate less sugar and white flour that I had more energy, slept better, less depression and anxiety and was able to focus more when I was at work :) So it's not just your imagination![/quote]

Ah ok. So I start on my hubby's insurance August 1 and that's when I'll start the Metformin. In the meantime I have cut out all sugar except whatever is in the meat, veggies, and cheese I have been eating. I had some orange juice this morning and I already feel icky :blackeye:
This month was Clomid only just to see if I would ovulate but I really never got a strong line on OPKS. I am still trying to hold out a little hope, but I am more excited to try on a combo of the drugs and diet. I would just like the actual chance to ovulate. I mean my AMH was 5.4 so I know I have lots of eggs (this was on the pmol scale) I just want a few to drop! This diet has been particularly challenging already but I am determined. I have had no bread, pasta, or white carbs of any kind this week and I'm dying. Good news is that I have lost 4 lbs.

Did your insurance classify PCOS as an infertility issue or a general medical one? I'm just wondering if I can get any treatment covered.

Good luck again with this upcoming cycle!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Huff26, I just opened up this thread because I may be coming up on 6 months of trying (although I've only been obsessive about it for about 4 months), and I happened upon your story. I just want to send you big hugs!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Huff,
My insurance actually covered it because of the insulin issues I was having with it so I was able to get metformin for about $5 a bottle for a 3 month supply. The good news is that when I changed my diet before I even went on the metformin, I was able to lower my fasting blood sugar from about 15 to 7 by diet alone so you may be able to get it under somewhat control if you keep following that :) Look for sugar free stuff! My saving grace has been sugar free jello and pudding because I'm a choc-a-holic. Also I love low carb ice cream :naughty: Anything gluten free is great and if I do have something particularly carb or sugar heavy, I balance it out with a protein like cottage cheese and it seems to counter act any negative effects. I know it's a lot to take in but now I'm at the point where I can just mindlessly grocery shop and I just know what I can and cant have :))

AFM-
Would anyone like to play a game of guess that cycle? Today is CD23 with a drop in temp. Surgery was CD12 so I doubt I had ovulated yet. I've heard having a d&c can reset your cycle as well. I just wish I had charted beforehand so I had more temps to work with but it is what it is :) Have at it! It sure would be nice to get in a natural cycle in before the iui :)

_396.png

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick update (andf me-centered post). I had another monitoring appointment on Sunday. My RE wasn't the one covering this weekend, so I had a different one. She wasn't as thorough with me (probably because I'm not her patient), so that was kind of frustrating. She said I had about 10 follicles ranging from 12-14. I'm not sure if that means I lost a few follicles or if she was just estimating or what, but I guess it's good that they ones I do have are about the same size (and not growing too fast like they usually do). They called later when the bloodwork was back to tell me to keep taking the stims for three more nights and add Ganirelix on Monday night (tonight). Well, I used an OPK this morning, and it was starting to get a line (about half the strength or less than the control). So, I called to ask if it was still okay for me to wait until 10 pm tonight to take Ganirelix (Ganirelix prevents the LH surge). The nurse was all irritated with me and was like "Why are you taking ovulation tests?" I told her I was just concerned because I've read about people starting it sooner than I was told to start, so I wanted to make sure I didn't ovulate early, and she was like "You shouldn't compare yourself to other people." Whatever, lady, just answer my question. She talked to the doctor, and the doctor said, I could go ahead and start the Ganirelix this morning, so I did. I go back in on Wednesday, and they told me yesterday they thought I'd probably trigger Wednesday and have the retrieval Friday. We shall see. I feel like the nurses think I'm being difficult, but they have to understand how high the stakes are with this, you know?

Random, just saw your update. Sorry, can't help you out on the temp drop. Did you have a D&C along with the polyp removal? Are you supposed to wait until you get AF and have a new cycle before trying or how does that work? Hope you are still feeling okay.

Hi everyone else!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
monkeyprincess|1406559207|3721927 said:
Random, just saw your update. Sorry, can't help you out on the temp drop. Did you have a D&C along with the polyp removal? Are you supposed to wait until you get AF and have a new cycle before trying or how does that work? Hope you are still feeling okay.

Hey MP,
I did have the D&C because my polyp was so large it was the only way to get it out! I've just heard from others that a D&C can reset your cycle so that is why I was wondering. I wasn't given any timeline on when I could start trying, was just told to wait 1 week after surgery before doing any BD-ing.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Random, I remember LC and JGator talked about D&Cs after miscarriage earlier on this thread or maybe the TTC thread. I seem to remember them saying it took a little while longer for AF to return because it does reset your cycle, but I think it's one of those things were everybody is different. It seems like it would be a good idea to have one cycle completed before TTC, but maybe it doesn't matter. Hoping you don't have to wait too long to start trying again.

Huff26

Rough_Rock
Tourmaline|1406499394|3721631 said:
Huff26, I just opened up this thread because I may be coming up on 6 months of trying (although I've only been obsessive about it for about 4 months), and I happened upon your story. I just want to send you big hugs!

Thank you Tourmaline! It's nice to "see" you again but I hope you don't have to stick around on this thread. I just wasn't sure where I could talk about my issues, having never been pregnant but knowing it would be extremely difficult for us. I am just hoping everything moves along smoothly and I can get a "normal" cycle..

random_thought: Good to know about the dieting. I am slowly doing a couple sugar free cookies here and there but still have been avoiding carbs like the plague. They were worried because I am relatively young, but my insulin levels were super high and my hormones were BANANAS :roll: So hopefully this diet will help a lot when they take my blood Friday. Glad your surgery went ok.

monkey princess: Sorry to hear your re's office nurses are being buttheads. As a nurse I can tell you that sometimes we just get irritated with Google because there are always exceptions. However that is not your fault for being concerned and you have every right to be. I hope everything goes well this week.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Huff, I totally get that, and I'm sure you and other nurses get the Dr. Google thing all the time. I just didn't appreciate the nurse's attitude or accustory tone when I said I'd taken an ovulation test. And if it had been that crazy of a question, I don't think the doctor would have agreed that I should go ahead and start the Ganirelix this morning. Thanks for the good wishes. I hope you are able to figure out what's going on with your cycle. I still think there's a chance you did actually ovulate without a fully positive OPK, but time will tell! Hopefully the changes in your diet will help get your PCOS under better control.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
RT, with my D&C MC in 2011, it took over 30-something days for AF to show up again. I believe LC's was even longer and she had to take medication to kick start her period. The D&C definitely re-starts your cycle. That temp drop could have been ovulation.

MP, sounds like things are on track for you. 10 follicles sounds great. I'm sure they can't see them all though depending on the sizes. Good luck on Wednesday - I'm so optimistic for you.

Huff, I think you should also considering temping and tracking on fertility friend to help you measure whether you ovulated or not particularly if you can't get monitoring. I think you do ovulate - everyone does not catch a dark line on the OPKs. I know I never did until recently.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
MP-
I find that some of the people I talk to are jerk faces about things too. I was worried about billing and getting AF before I had saved up for the iui completely so I asked if I could make 90% of the payment if it came early and 10% the next week. They YELLED at me for calling too often and said they were planning to look into it next week. So I of course yelled back because I ain't no fool lol, that what if I got my period before then and still didn't have my question answered? I must've made them feel bad because they said we would talk about it on Monday but I still haven't gotten a phone call from them, sigh. At least I have my followup appt on Thursday to talk to them though. Sometimes I think it must feel like it's just a job to them while to us it's everything. I completely know what you are talking about!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results