shape
carat
color
clarity

The grandmother thread

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is so cute!

Ash brought her scan forward to today. It wasn't good news. They said they can see the yolk sac but not the baby. The sac is measuring as if she is 6 weeks. Ash estimated 8 weeks. She called me in tears. They said she has to go back in a week to be re-scanned. I'm still hopeful there will be a heartbeat next time. I don't know how she will cope with another loss.

When I look at the scan I can see a dark area to the right of the sac. Could this be the baby? I wish I was an ultrasound expert.

_17000.jpg

_17001.jpg

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Maisie, I'm praying it's just to soon to tell. Hopefully next scan they will be able to detect a baby with a healthy heart beat. Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers xo

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you clueless. Ash thinks it's a blighted ovum. She thinks it will be confirmed next week. She's so sad. She said she feels defeated. Me being so far away doesn't help. If she does have a D&C she will come here for me to look after her again. What a sad day.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Kinda appropriate for this thread right now :love:
One of my teacher friends is 37 and just found out she is pregnant. She is in a rocky relationship with the father. Not married, not living together, baby not in his plans. He is in the Coast Guard and not here right now.
Yesterday she was experiencing terrible cramping and sharp back pains. She was instructed to go to the ER.She is all alone so i asked our principal if i could bug out and go with her. He said yes. So we hung out in the ER for 7 hours. The good news is she had a vaginal ultrasound (which I could see the monitor) ans we saw the heartbeat. They measured her at 7 weeks. The tech said it was too early to hear the HB but it sure showed up on the US. I teared up even though i'm not her mom it was just so freaking amazing. :love: :love:
They felt that the baby was fine, no clue as to the back pain,but the cramping could be dehydration or .... the beginning of a mis, but they really didn't think so. They told her it is about the size of a large blueberry!! LOL why do we always use fruit as size examples?
Another teacher is 8 weeks, she had her US yesterday also, they saw and heard the HB on TWINS!!!!

Just saw your post Maisie I'm sorry

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
You know I think science and technology advances are great, but, at the same time it makes it so hard for these girls. Back in the day, you missed your period, waited a few weeks took a test and knew. Now i joke my daughter told me about baby two right after they got out of bed.
These girls are constantly peeing on some kind of a stick, and tracking temps and "know" they are pregnant way too soon in my opinion.
Actually I said the same thing to the DR. yesterday and she agreed. She said they see girls all the time, with bleeding that really is no more than a heavy period, brought on by a complete conception that was unsuccessful, but now they have the whole trauma of a hospital visit to add to it. Because they peed on a stick and got a pink line. I'm not saying they should be clueless about what their body is doing,i just think they know too soon. plus it makes the wait very long!!! lol
I had 3 miscarriages and 3 kids. I'm pretty sure based on the new term chemical pregnancy I had at least one of them. Each miscarriage was devastating and took something out of me. I think that sometimes ignorance is bliss.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Maisie, hoping it's just too early. 6wks is quite early and it's not unusual to not see a heartbeat. I hope things will be OK for your DIL. You're a wonderful MIL to care for her in her recovery. I had a D&C 1.5 month ago, and physical healing-wise it's not a difficult surgery, but emotionally it sucks.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
lliang,I'm so sorry

_44.gif

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie I'm still in the it's too early camp and praying xo

sparkle agree with you 100%

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maise, I feel for you. This is what happened to Kate's first pregnancy. Will be praying it's just too early to tell!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
gees, I guess it's just one of those days. She just called me crying the doctor called her....gestational diabetes :(( she has an appointment with the nutritionist on the 8th of next month.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Clueless, it sounds weird but I was also fairly distraught when I failed my 1 hr glucose test and was so concerned about GD. Suggestion from a mom, just comfort her (emotional mother etc). She wants a typical pregnancy with no complications. GD is a wake up call that, not everything is going to go perfect. Once the "hysterics" (and not really hysterics, but you get my drift) subsides, she'll be able to rationalize that it's a very manageable and temporary condition. She might just have to change her diet etc, but it's manageable.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you lliang, I tried reassuring her, and sent her some links she needs to stop stressing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, keeping you and your DIL in my thoughts and prayers and hoping all is OK.

Cluless, sorry about the GD and I hope the rest of her pregnancy goes smoothly.

Lliang, I am so sorry. Hugs to you and hope you are doing OK.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Missy thank you, you're a doll I've told you before and I'll tell you again. How are you doing? Hoping you're feeling better.

If I understood correctly Ash is Maisie's daughter not dil.

siv

Rough_Rock
I just saw this thread. Hope it's ok to jump in.

I became a grandmother again today. :D My second grandson was born this morning. My oldest grandchild is 3 and he calls me "Nana" My DIL's mother is "Grammy". My DS and DIL live about 25-30 miles away so I see them fairly often. It was wonderful to meet my new grandson today and have a little bonding time.

My DD and SIL foster 2 little girls and it looks as if they will get to adopt them. They live 2500 miles away, so when they come visit next month, it will be the first time to meet the girls. The oldest girl will be 2 in a few weeks and the youngest girl is 8 months.

I've always tried to let the parents take the lead with the way they want to raise their children, but am always willing to help or offer advice when they ask for it. I'm proud to say both kids and their spouses seem to be doing an excellent job.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your kind messages. I appreciate them.

I'm sorry your daughter has GD Clueless. I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes in 2010 and if she takes good care of herself she can stay quite healthy. I've been undiagnosed now as I changed my diet so well that I no longer have high blood sugars anymore.

Congratulations on your new grandson Siv!!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Maisie congratulations to you for being undiagnosed in such a short period of time, stay healthy and thank you for sharing it's encouraging to hear it can be done.

Siv

_17017.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
How are all the pregnant ones? Ash is suffering badly with morning sickness. She has started vomiting. We are hoping this is a good sign even though we know it's still possible she has a blighted ovum. We've read that the pregnancy symptoms can carry on for a few weeks.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie as odd as this may sound I'm also praying this is a good sign. Don't lose faith

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate has 14 week exam this Thursday and if all is well we can finally tell our friends!

Sorry that Ash is sick but that sounds like a good sign!

Congrats Siv on your precious grandson!!!!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
April, keeping Kate in my thoughts and prayers that all goes well.

Maisie how's Ash doing?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to all the grandmas! Healthy, sticky dust to your daughters & DILs.

Maisie, I'm so sorry about Ash's u/s appointment but I think that's a great sign she's feeling sick. I've had 2 blighted ovum pregnancies & 1 chemical & I only experienced morning sickness with my current pregnancy (I'm 18 weeks now.)
I'll be keeping her in my prayers that the next scan is great!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ash had her scan today and it's not good news. She has to have a D&C. She is devastated. I'm too far away to be of any use but I've asked her step mother to go and sit with her. If I can't be there she is the next best person.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Maisie, I'm sorry to hear :( Thoughts & prayers with your family. D&C sucks. i hope A will have some time to grieve and hopefully she'll find peace. :(sad

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you.

I am going to stay out of this thread for now. I want all you grandmothers to be able to be happy and joyful about the little babies and not feel like you don't want to discuss it because I'm sad. Thank you for all the support and hopefully I will be able to rejoin you at some point. :))

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear this Maisie, Keeping Ashley and your family in my thoughts and prayers xo

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
((((Maisie and Ash))))

Very sorry.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Maise for Ash. I hope her heart heals quickly! Kate had her 14 week check today and all is perfect! I don't mean that to gloat but to show that she is fine this time around. She is now over her fear of blighted ovum again and we are free to tell our friends!!!!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
April very happy to hear that all is well with Kate, it must be a great relief for all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results