shape
carat
color
clarity

Stupid Gynae wants to take out my uterus!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
29.gif

I was just having my thin prep done and regular check up.

All of a sudden, she said: "I think you should have yr whole uterus removed"!!
6.gif
29.gif

I was SHOCKED and thought I'd misheard her: "Sorry? Did you say what I think you just said?".

She said: "Oh, because you have several fibroids and you should really have the whole thing removed"!!

I said:"WHY would you even suggest that?!!"
33.gif

She said:"Oh because it's an option!!".

I was at this point, totally stunned: "So what you're saying is that I don't HAVE to have my uterus removed?"

She was like: Yeah, it's better to have your uterus removed so that the fibroids don't have to be taken out one by one!!"

I was like: "NO WAY!! I would NEVER consider it, not unless it's a matter of life and death, I don't even know why you suggested it!! As you very well know, the only problem I have is the heavier period, otherwise they don't really affect me at all. You're not going to remove my uterus and guess what?! Neither is anyone else!!".

She shrugged her shoulders and said non-chalanlantly: "Oh, some women want me to take out their whole uterus, it's more convenient!!".

I just stared at her in disbelief and coudn't even say anything else!! Totally dumbstruck!!
29.gif

At this point, I don't even know why I didn't just walk out. I think I was just caught by total surprise. This woman has been my gynae for the past 8 years, came very highly recommended by one of my best friends. It's not even like my fibroids are excessively big or have grown very fast either. The biggest one is 4.22cm and it was about 2cm when it was discovered by another gyane in HK 9 yrs ago. Another largish one is about 2.5cm and I have a few more pea-sized ones (or even smaller). I had IVF and hormone injections a few yrs back (sorry, a bit TMI), which basically "fed" these fibroids. Sure, I'd consider having something like key-hole surgery to have the largest one removed (even then I'd still think abt it very very carefully before I would even actually go through with it), but my WHOLE UTERUS!! For Pete's sake!!

The worst thing was that she said it all very casually, just as one would say something like: "Oh, I think you should wear red/ green/ blue more often because it suits you" or something like: "Oh, I think you should wear your hair up because it looks more elegant".

Totally unbelievable and utterly unprofessional!! I am still extremely upset.
7.gif
8.gif

Need to find another gynae. Am not going back to this stupid woman, no way Jose!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry that she was so insensitive. It sounds like she really needs some bedside manner lessons!!!

That being said, I know that''s a pretty common treatment when you expect to have multiple fibroids taken out...a very good friend of mine is now going back in for a hysterectomy after having a number of other fibroid surgeries. She wanted to avoid it but turns out that the other surgeries made her unable to have kids anyway, so theoretically it would have been easier (only 1 surgery) to have a hysterectomy last time...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 8:13:33 AM
Author: neatfreak
I'm so sorry that she was so insensitive. It sounds like she really needs some bedside manner lessons!!!

That being said, I know that's a pretty common treatment when you expect to have multiple fibroids taken out...a very good friend of mine is now going back in for a hysterectomy after having a number of other fibroid surgeries. She wanted to avoid it but turns out that the other surgeries made her unable to have kids anyway, so theoretically it would have been easier (only 1 surgery) to have a hysterectomy last time...
Thanks for your reply, neatfreak.

I do not believe that hysterectomy is the answer to my fibroids. As I mentioned in my post above, they're not causing me any problem at all (other than slighly heavier period, not more painful, just regular menstrual cramps. It's just a heavier flow - more of a nuisance than anything else). I have no other problems, no pain, no miscarriage, no urinary infections, nothing else at all. They're having no real effect on my life. I don't even think abt them most of the time (though of course I know they're there).

Hysterectomy would be the last resort even if I did have those other symptoms. There are several other options available such as uterine fibroid embolisation, key-hole surgery like I mentioned etc.. This is major major invasive surgery and should only be considered once one has exhausted all other options and only IF the fibroids are causing such unbearable pain or severely affecting one's life negatively. As with other major invasive surgeries, it'd bring with it a whole host of other symptoms, including adhesions, which I got from another procedure (long story - another time perhaps).

Also, my fibroids grew very very slowly. It's only during my IVF that they grew more (I have them checked regularly). For all I know, I might have had them for abt 12-15 yrs and didn't even know initially. It's only when fibroids get out of control that one might think about having hysterectomy.

Anyway, eventually in abt 8-10 yrs time, with menopause, these buggers would shrink and may even disappear altogether.

I am sorry to hear about yr friend though. Do you happen to know how big her fibroids were and/ or if she had any severe symptoms?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Not to be a Debbie Downer but my best friend went through the same thing. They detected the fybroids and suggested the same. She said no as they told her it was just an option and she wanted to have children.

About a year later, she went back into the doctor and the situation had gotten out of control. There was no choice but to remove the uterus. They tried first to just remove the fybroids but at that point it was impossible.

I guess my point is that you should really monitor it so that nothing major comes out of it. Can they remove the fybroids now that they are small?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you planning on having children?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 8:35:11 AM
Author: Phoenix

I''m so sorry that she was so insensitive. It sounds like she really needs some bedside manner lessons!!!

That being said, I know that''s a pretty common treatment when you expect to have multiple fibroids taken out...a very good friend of mine is now going back in for a hysterectomy after having a number of other fibroid surgeries. She wanted to avoid it but turns out that the other surgeries made her unable to have kids anyway, so theoretically it would have been easier (only 1 surgery) to have a hysterectomy last time...

I do not believe that hysterectomy is the answer to my fibroids. As I mentioned in my post above, they''re not causing me any problem at all (other than slighly heavier period, not more painful, just regular menstrual cramps. It''s just a heavier flow - more of a nuisance than anything else). I have no other problems, no pain, no miscarriage, no urinary infections, nothing else at all. They''re having no real effect on my life. I don''t even think abt them most of the time (though of course I know they''re there).

Hysterectomy would be the last resort even if I did have those other symptoms. There are several other options available such as uterine fibroid embolisation, key-hole surgery like I mentioned etc.. This is major major invasive surgery and should only be considered once one has exhausted all other options and only IF the fibroids are causing such unbearable pain or severely affecting one''s life negatively. As with other major invasive surgeries, it''d bring with it a whole host of other symptoms, including adhesions, which I got from another procedure (long story - another time perhaps).

Also, my fibroids grew very very slowly. It''s only during my IVF that they grew more (I have them checked regularly). For all I know, I might have had them for abt 12-15 yrs and didn''t even know initially. It''s only when fibroids get out of control that one might think about having hysterectomy.

Anyway, eventually in abt 8-10 yrs time, with menopause, these buggers would shrink and may even disappear altogether.

I am sorry to hear about yr friend though. Do you happen to know how big her fibroids were and/ or if she had any severe symptoms?

Of course I am in no way an expert or suggesting that it''s right for you...just letting you know that there is a medical basis for the suggestion. She didn''t have *severe* symptoms, but she did have a few bigger fibroids. And her symptoms were enough for them wanting to remove them.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I''ve gotta say that my friend Ange had a problem with fibriods. She had them removed once via laproscopic surgery, but after that her previously slow growing fibriods came back like crazy and they were pretty much forced to go in and take out her uterus.

When they removed the uterus there were over 10 lbs of fibriods. Seriously. TEN pounds! And she has never felt better in her life. Now she wishes she had had her uterus removed five years ago when it was first suggested.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix...sorry you went through that...very unprofessional of your doctor...

You seem to have a good handle on what is going on with your body, are having no problems, and get checked regularly...

She should have reviewed all options with you...including non-surgical ones...

Since she has been your doctor for a while...do you think she was just having an off day (OK really off)...perhaps another conversation with her...if you feel that might help...or find a new gyn

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Also while a hysterectomy may be the best option for some people...it may not be for you...

Find someone (or chat with her again) that will listen to you and explain all options and the rationale for each one

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry she said that... it''s an awful thing to say so casually.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
WHAT!!! Unbelievable! Apparently some doctors recommend this as a first-course option, when it''s absolutely not necessary! A friend of mine who is studying in Europe was back home (in the Caribbean) for the summer. While she was home, the doctor discovered a large fibroid in her uterus - she has to have surgery to remove it when she comes back Christmastime. But the doctor was saying that it''s a good thing she didn''t have it checked in Europe, because they love to do hysterectomies as a first option! My friend was horrified!
23.gif
Her greatest wish is to have children and I know she would have been devastated if the doctors had made it seem like she should have it removed.

I can''t believe how casual your doctor was about it!
29.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also amazed that she suggested this so casually, plus the fact that it is major surgery....

Sounds like a great idea to change your gyno Phoenix.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, sorry about your doctor being so insensitive. I guess I almost feel the opposite way. After having my second, (and also not being on birth control) I''ve really have had alot more feminine issues, including bad pms, heavy bleedings, etc. It seems all my physical complaints revolve around my uterus (for example I''m anemic from yes the heavy periods). Most of the time I''m fine with it but there are other times I think maybe I should just get this damm *** cut out!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I don''t care if she''s right or not, that was a very insensitive way to suggest something so invasive and you have EVERY RIGHT to be upset and unsettled!

I don''t understand how doctors can speak to their patients like this...
29.gif

Sorry you had to go through that, at the OB/GYN of all places!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2008 12:35:26 PM
Author: Lorelei
I am also amazed that she suggested this so casually, plus the fact that it is major surgery....

Sounds like a great idea to change your gyno Phoenix.
DITTO. She really needs to learn better bedside manners. I am sorry Phoenix, I wouldn''t go back to her either!!!
38.gif

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you for sticking up for yourself Pheonix! That makes me mad too
29.gif

The uterus is NOT just for having children. It is a major organ that produced hormones and it is also very involved in the female sexual response, partcularly orgasm. Removing the uterus as a matter of conveniece is often just that: a matter of convenience. Too often, doctors and women think, "Oh you aren't having kids, just take it all out!" Then down the road many women who have had hysterectomies discover that they can no longer enjoy sex the way they used to, or that they require hormone replacement therapy, which is not always easy to get right, nor are synthetic hormones always the best way to go. Certainly, in some cases hysterectomy is a life saving option, or the only/best option for treating medical conditons. But there are LOTS of options available for treatment of fibroids other than hysterectomy. You just need to find a doctor who cares about your WHOLE quality of life as a woman, not just your capacity to reproduce
38.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry for your medical issues and pain and discomfort that go along with it. I also had fibroids and I realize every situation is different and the 3 kinds of fibroids call for different treatments. The options of myomectomy (removing just the fibroids), uterine artery embolization (cutting off blood flow to the fibroids) and hysterectomy (removing the uterus) were all given to me as options. I had extremely heavy periods to the point of being anemic and having heart palpitations because of it. It was putting my heart at risk. The decision to have my uterus removed was easy to make because I was finished having children and looked forward to the days of no periods.

I had laparoscopic surgery with 1 entry through the belly button and 2 little side holes. I stayed overnight just for observation. There was absolutely no pain. My only discomfort was the catheter. While my doctor was in there she cleaned up adhesions from my C-section, and added extra support to the bladder.

I am so happy with the results. It did not bring on any menopausal symptoms obviously because the ovaries are intact. I LOVE not having a period. My cervix was also left intact so there was nothing disrupted vaginally and no scar tissue. There has been no change is anything sexual and I''ve been asked several times after a pelvic exam when my last period was, which shows that there is no change in the vaginal anatomy.

My doctor, Karen Rae Abbott, has since moved to Reno but if I needed this done again I would travel across the globe to see her. She is a pioneer in the field of minimally invasive gynecological surgeries and pelvic pain. She saved my son and my life 18 years ago.

You will need to find the treatment that best suits you. Your doctor should offer you a variety of options and let you decide what you are most comfortable with. I had my surgery about 6 or 7 years ago and it was not very common to remove the uterus leaving the cervix behind. I don’t know what being done today and if there are new alternatives. Find another doctor who is more familiar with this specialty and a little more sensitive!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
It's a tough, emotional issue, facing this kind of surgery. If you've had your children, it's a whole 'nother matter, of course. At any rate, losing this majorly feminine piece of hardware is quite a mental hoop.

I had a hysterectomy 3 yrs ago and I have more energy and vitality now than EVER as far as I can remember. I still have my ovaries and they are pumping along those hormones very nicely, thanks. I had fibroids and heavy bleeding....I had no idea how tired it had made me (i.e., overly tired, easily agitated, all that you'd expect with slight anemia) until it was done. I don't miss it. That said, I have beautiful children and don't really need it. Sex is still, well, great. (Blush.) You heal and get the O a different but equally fabulous way. I'll leave it at that.

I do joke with my family from time to time about not being able to find their missing things since I lost my uterine tracking device. (Ok, odd joke there, but maybe you can laugh along with me here...if you've been there...).

I think for a lot of women, it's also a mortal thing. Like, a piece of you can actually expire and leave. It's kind of weird. You start wondering how much they can take away and it still be "you." Ya know?

Anyway, food for thought. Definitely not the end of the world, but I can say that from this side of the fence.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
How odd that she mentioned something like that so casually. I thought removing the utereus was sort of a last resort. I had a friend with major problems and it took a lot of pushing on her part to get hers removed.
She really was lacking in her bedside manner that day!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I think too often the whole uterus is removed when there are other options that allow a woman to have her own hormones, instead of relying on a horse (hormone pills) to provide that. I think a second opinion is a wonderful idea.

Good luck and I''m sorry your Dr. was not too polite and lacked tact while suggesting this option to you.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
The ovaries produce the hormones. If it is just fibroids, usually the uterus can be removed without removing the ovaries. Hormones are not affected.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 9:30:16 AM
Author: fieryred33143
Not to be a Debbie Downer but my best friend went through the same thing. They detected the fybroids and suggested the same. She said no as they told her it was just an option and she wanted to have children.

About a year later, she went back into the doctor and the situation had gotten out of control. There was no choice but to remove the uterus. They tried first to just remove the fybroids but at that point it was impossible.

I guess my point is that you should really monitor it so that nothing major comes out of it. Can they remove the fybroids now that they are small?
I am sorry to hear about yr friend. Do you happen to know if her fibroids were very big? Would you mind letting me know what you mean by "the situation had gotten out of control. There was no choice.."?

I have been monitoring my fibroids even since my gynae in HK "discovered" them. My current doctor (or rather ex now) had been saying that they should be removed by key-hole surgery whilst they're still relatively smaller. I am very reluctant to have *any* kind of surgery at all, particularly since my fibroids are not really causing me problems. I'm hoping they will shrink by the time I reach menopause. If not, I can try embolisation hopefully to shrink them.

My concern is that doctors in HK and SG (from my and my hubby's reading and friends in general - and of course we could be wrong here) are very "surgery-happy". They'd be happy to give someone a C-section or suggest one. Similarly, they're very quick to suggest surgery instead of trying to explore other non-surgery procedures. From my recollection, my gynae has been suggesting myomectomy for years now and I *have* seen other doctors to seek second and third opinions on my fibroids and I vaguely remember they all mentioned the same (ie. myomectomy through laparoscopy), but I've so far decided to leave my fibroids alone.

Thanks for your input.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 10:42:33 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
We were but I am too old now (planning to adopt a baby(ies) from China and / or Vietnam). It''s one of the considerations but not the main consideration for not having one''s womb removed. I know what you mean though.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 11:03:48 AM

Date: 11/13/2008 8:35:11 AM

I do not believe that hysterectomy is the answer to my fibroids. As I mentioned in my post above, they''re not causing me any problem at all (other than slighly heavier period, not more painful, just regular menstrual cramps. It''s just a heavier flow - more of a nuisance than anything else). I have no other problems, no pain, no miscarriage, no urinary infections, nothing else at all. They''re having no real effect on my life. I don''t even think abt them most of the time (though of course I know they''re there).

Hysterectomy would be the last resort even if I did have those other symptoms. There are several other options available such as uterine fibroid embolisation, key-hole surgery like I mentioned etc.. This is major major invasive surgery and should only be considered once one has exhausted all other options and only IF the fibroids are causing such unbearable pain or severely affecting one''s life negatively. As with other major invasive surgeries, it''d bring with it a whole host of other symptoms, including adhesions, which I got from another procedure (long story - another time perhaps).

Also, my fibroids grew very very slowly. It''s only during my IVF that they grew more (I have them checked regularly). For all I know, I might have had them for abt 12-15 yrs and didn''t even know initially. It''s only when fibroids get out of control that one might think about having hysterectomy.

Of course I am in no way an expert or suggesting that it''s right for you...just letting you know that there is a medical basis for the suggestion. She didn''t have *severe* symptoms, but she did have a few bigger fibroids. And her symptoms were enough for them wanting to remove them.
Thanks again, neatfreak. I know you were not suggesting that.

I am not so much mad at her suggestion, more at the way she went about it, and not even exploring other alternatives. This, coupled with the fact that I wasn''t even there to talk about my fibroids, just having my regular check-up, made me wonder how she even made as a doctor, so uncaring.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 11:12:48 AM
Author: EricaR
I''ve gotta say that my friend Ange had a problem with fibriods. She had them removed once via laproscopic surgery, but after that her previously slow growing fibriods came back like crazy and they were pretty much forced to go in and take out her uterus.

When they removed the uterus there were over 10 lbs of fibriods. Seriously. TEN pounds! And she has never felt better in her life. Now she wishes she had had her uterus removed five years ago when it was first suggested.
OMG, I can''t believe that, 10lbs!!
6.gif

I guess it''s psychological for me too. Having the womb is a large part of being a woman. Not sure how I''d feel abt having that taken out of me, particularly given that I may not even need to.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 11:34:48 AM
Author: diane5006
Also while a hysterectomy may be the best option for some people...it may not be for you...

Find someone (or chat with her again) that will listen to you and explain all options and the rationale for each one
Thank you for both of your replies, Diane.

She was *definitely* having an off-day. Mind you, she's never really been all warm and fuzzy. I don't even need (nor have I ever needed) a doctor who is all warm and fuzzy and nice all the time. I just need them to be factual but at the same time not be too brutal. I feel that she treated me kind of like an idiot, in a way, because she just blurted it out without even asking me how I'd feel abt it or whether I'd want to explore other alternatives (I do remember asking her about embolisation before, and she basically just brushed it off). As I mentioned above, she's talked abt taking the largest fbroid out in the past, but this was the first time she mentioned taking out my whole uterus.

And you're right, hysteretomy may be the best option for some other people, I don't feel that my situation would warrant such a drastic action.

I will definitely go and speak to another doctor, maybe go back to see one of the other ones I'd seen before. I'd be worried if the fibroids grew much larger and caused me severe problems later on, but I can't see how myomectomy can't solve my problem (and I don't even see it as a problem per se).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 11:58:31 AM
Author: JulieN
I''m sorry she said that... it''s an awful thing to say so casually.
Thank you, Julie, for your comforting words. It *was* an awful thing to say so casually.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2008 12:31:10 PM
Author: Sha
WHAT!!! Unbelievable! Apparently some doctors recommend this as a first-course option, when it's absolutely not necessary! A friend of mine who is studying in Europe was back home (in the Caribbean) for the summer. While she was home, the doctor discovered a large fibroid in her uterus - she has to have surgery to remove it when she comes back Christmastime. But the doctor was saying that it's a good thing she didn't have it checked in Europe, because they love to do hysterectomies as a first option! My friend was horrified!
23.gif
Her greatest wish is to have children and I know she would have been devastated if the doctors had made it seem like she should have it removed.

I can't believe how casual your doctor was about it!
29.gif
I can't believe that about the doctors in Europe either!! Lucky your friend didn't see them.

I am generally a skeptical person anyway, and I would always question a doctor's decision (after all, let's face it, they're all humans and make mistakes too, just like lawyers, accountants, dentists, whatever...., though of coure there are excellent doctors/ accountants/ lawyers etc. out there). I think it's extremely important to examine and think over what someone suggests to you very carefully and not go along just like that, just because they happen to have a professional qualification.

It is your body and once you've (ie. one) had yr womb removed, it's you who's got to live with the consequences (not to mention the risk of things going wrong *during* such a major surgery), not the damn doctor who took it out.

Thanks for your input. Pls wish your friend luck for me and hope everything goes well.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 8:18:11 AM
Date: 11/13/2008 10:42:33 AM

Author: Tacori E-ring

We were but I am too old now (planning to adopt a baby(ies) from China and / or Vietnam). It''s one of the considerations but not the main consideration for not having one''s womb removed. I know what you mean though.

I was just curious. Hope I was not being insensitive. I agree the way your doctor handled the situation was very unprofessional and unkind. Only *you* know your health so maybe a second opinion is in order. I am sure their are alternative therapies and you should know *all* of your options. If it ever does come down to surgery sounds like there are many PS members who have been through it and will be a great support to you. Good Luck!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2008 8:15:33 AM

Date: 11/13/2008 9:30:16 AM
Author: fieryred33143

I am sorry to hear about yr friend. Do you happen to know if her fibroids were very big? Would you mind letting me know what you mean by ''the situation had gotten out of control. There was no choice..''?

I have been monitoring my fibroids even since my gynae in HK ''discovered'' them. My current doctor (or rather ex now) had been saying that they should be removed by key-hole surgery whilst they''re still relatively smaller. I am very reluctant to have *any* kind of surgery at all, particularly since my fibroids are not really causing me problems. I''m hoping they will shrink by the time I reach menopause. If not, I can try embolisation hopefully to shrink them.

My concern is that doctors in HK and SG (from my and my hubby''s reading and friends in general - and of course we could be wrong here) are very ''surgery-happy''. They''d be happy to give someone a C-section or suggest one. Similarly, they''re very quick to suggest surgery instead of trying to explore other non-surgery procedures. From my recollection, my gynae has been suggesting myomectomy for years now and I *have* seen other doctors to seek second and third opinions on my fibroids and I vaguely remember they all mentioned the same (ie. myomectomy through laparoscopy), but I''ve so far decided to leave my fibroids alone.

Thanks for your input.
Hi Phoenix,

I can''t give you the actual sizes of the fybroids because I can''t remember. This was back in January.

What I do know is that when she first went, they were very small. When she went back again this year, I remember the doctor saying that they were the size of a golf ball. I also remember that when you touched her stomach, she had a very hard mass that felt like the size of a canteloupe and that was very visible. I''m not sure if those were the fybroids or something else. She also had a large number of blood clots, one that was traveling to her lungs and luckily they were able to catch it. They put a net inside of her...sorry that I don''t know the medical terms...to catch all of the clots.

Also, when she went in to surgery it was just to remove the fybroids and nothing else. But the doctors didn''t know what they were dealing with and had her sign a form that if during surgery they discover that the mass was too large to remove, she would give them permission to perform the hysterectomy. She found out it had been done when she woke up from surgery. I just remember her saying over and over "I can''t have babies" She had about 5 weeks of chemo and now she''s fine. She was also concerned about her doctors being surgery happy because the minute she went in, they could not say the words "hysterectomy" fast enough.

But in her case, she is a big chicken. She knew she was having pain for years and wouldn''t go into the hospital. She just happend to go because a) she wanted to start doing fertility treatments to have a child and b) she was running a marathon and wanted to do a physical (that''s when they found the blood clot which led to discovery of the canteloupe mass...wish I could remember what it was).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results