shape
carat
color
clarity

Stressing before the wedding: Birth Control start date?

PlatinumDiamondGirl

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! I'd love some help, positive only please. ;-)

My doctor prescribed me monophasic bc mainly because I want to avoid bleeding for my wedding and honeymoon so if I screw this up, it will be all for nothing! My wedding is on 9/27 and we leave for our 2 week honeymoon a week later from 10/5-10/16. (that’s a 3 week time frame)

My doctor wanted me to start on 6/28. However, if I do that then I’d have to skip the placebo pills on my honeymoon because the period would be expected in the middle of my trip around 10/11 and I’m so worried about spotting and breakthrough bleeding since I’m new to this, don’t know what my body’s going to do so I’m not sure skipping is a good idea on the trip. Again, the whole reason for taking the bc is so that I don't bleed! lol

I know this is a lot of information and confusing but I'd love your thoughts(I'm going crazy over this!!!) I'm thinking either:

1. Start 6/28, don’t skip at all, have period week of 9/13 (then have to skip placebos on honeymoon on 10/11 and hope I don't get breakthrough bleeding)
OR
2. Start on 6/28 but skip at least 2 placebo packs, that would take me to day 21 pill on 9/26 (day before wedding) and I can either skip placebos and start a new pack on my wedding day 9/27 (or would that cause breakthrough?) OR don't skip and have my period right between wedding/honeymoon
OR
3. Start on 7/12, don’t skip anything, then day 21 pill on 9/26 (day before wedding) and either skip to new pack on wedding day 9/27 or have period between wedding/honeymoon

So if I wait until 7/12 to start the pack, will it make much of a difference side effects wise vs starting 2 weeks sooner on 6/28? Or will that not make a difference at all? I’m considering just doing the 7/12 start if the side effects wont be much different than the other start date mainly because then I wouldn’t have to skip any pills (up until maybe my wedding day but I’d be able to know by then how my ‘flow’ will play out and if I even need to skip by then or let the period happen between wedding and honeymoon… I would then have gone through 3 packs. Is that on average enough adjustment time?

Lastly, if I take the pill at 9pm, does that mean for example, day 21 pill on 9/26 (day before wedding) I take the pill at 9pm and I have nothing to worry about all day for my wedding on 9/27 as far as BTB goes because my wedding actually ends at 9pm and that’s when I’d either take the placebo or skip to the new pack. Or can you still bleed on day 21?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OK let's keep this simple, no one can tell you what your body is going to do. With that said, I think your best bet is to start the pill on the 28th, like your doctor recommended, and not take ANY of the placebo pills. I think your best bet is to stay on the pill continuously. This way if you are going to bleed some it's more likely to happen over summer than for your wedding. Still no guarantees and I would check with your doctor to make sure this is OK but I believe it's your best bet.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1435100241|3893231 said:
OK let's keep this simple, no one can tell you what your body is going to do. With that said, I think your best bet is to start the pill on the 28th, like your doctor recommended, and not take ANY of the placebo pills. I think your best bet is to stay on the pill continuously. This way if you are going to bleed some it's more likely to happen over summer than for your wedding. Still no guarantees and I would check with your doctor to make sure this is OK but I believe it's your best bet.

Ditto. ;)) And if you do have breakthrough bleeding, it would most likely be spotting rather than full period bleeding.

Good luck & enjoy your wedding & honeymoon!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
BrightSpot said:
Ditto. ;)) And if you do have breakthrough bleeding, it would most likely be spotting rather than full period bleeding. Good luck & enjoy your wedding & honeymoon!

Yes, this. There's no way to know what you will do. When I started on BCP, I almost immediately started skipping the placebo pills and I never had any breakthrough bleeding.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results