shape
carat
color
clarity

Smoothie Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind these things are sugary sweet. I tend to add more plain yogurt in exchange for 2oz of juice.

The Citrus Blendy one (watching the trademark names) (this is for a 24oz serving):

* 6oz Orange Juice
* 6oz Pineapple Juice
* About 6/8 frozen strawberries- depending on size, you want 6 large or 8 smallish (frozen is always better than fresh for smoothies, they aren't as "wet")
* About a half a small banana, or 1/4 of a large banana. Since we used mostly frozen, it was about 6 slices of frozen bananas. Since those are nearly impossible to find in the regular markets, use fresh, but add an ounce or two less juice.
* 2 ice cream scoops of orange sherbet.
* One handful of crushed or regular ice. Preferably crushed.
Blend until smooth.

*****With all recipes, whenever using FRESH fruit, use less juice.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
The OJ Fro-Yo/Banana One

* 12oz orange juice (freshest is bestest)
* 6/8 Frozen strawberries (same as with the citrus squeeze, depending on size)
* 1/2 to 1/4th of banana, depending on size
* 2 Ice cream scoops of vanilla frozen yogurt
* One handful of crushed or regular ice

Blend until Smooth.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
The Creamy Pineapple One (my personal favorite)

* 10oz Pineapple juice
* 6/8 frozen strawberries
* 1/4-1/2 banana
* 1 ice cream scoop of plain yogurt
* 1 ice cream scoop of pineapple sherbet
* 1 handful of ice.

Blend until smooth.

**** Possible variations:

No bananas, all strawberries.
No Strawberries, all banana
Add frozen blueberries in exchange for a fruit you don't want, or instead of one of the scoops of strawberry.
Extra creamy (and fattening), add a scoop of vanilla fro-yo and a little more strawberries.

My version of this: No banana, raspberries instead. OR a scoop of raspberry sherbet instead.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Any requests? Keep in mind a lot of the smoothies are made with special juice blends, like mango-passion fruit, or apple-strawberry. In those cases, try to find a blend that would work at the store.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Yum, yum, yum!!! Thank you so much, this is great. Do you happen to remember the recipe for Banana Berry?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sure!

The One with Bananas and Berries

* 12oz of apple-strawberry blend juice. (hm, you could use 10oz of apple and about 4 fresh strawberries)
* 1/4 to 1/2 banana
* 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, possibly more depending on your taste
* 1 ice cream scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt
* 1 ice cream scoop of raspberry sherbet
* One handful of ice

Blend until smooth.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so, so much for posting these, I can''t wait to try ALL of them!! I love Jamba Juice, I wish they''d migrate over here to the other coast
2.gif

I just have two quick questions:
1. Is it possible to substitute yogurt instead of frozen yogurt or would it not taste as good? And would I use less juice if I did do that?
2. I''m assuming I can slice up a few banaas and freeze them (does this work?)--how long would they keep?

Thanks again!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Amber for sharing! My favorite is Mango-a-go-go. Do you remember the recipe?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 1:04:11 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Thank you so, so much for posting these, I can''t wait to try ALL of them!! I love Jamba Juice, I wish they''d migrate over here to the other coast
2.gif

1. Is it possible to substitute yogurt instead of frozen yogurt or would it not taste as good? And would I use less juice if I did do that?

2. I''m assuming I can slice up a few banaas and freeze them (does this work?)--how long would they keep?

Thanks again!

1.) You can totally substitute yogurt (my choice because I LOVE the taste of yogurt, but it may alter the taste a bit- to taste a little more yogurty, and a little bit more watery. You can always add in more frozen fruit, though. Definitely add less juice. Usually 2oz of juice is substituted for regular yogurt.

2.) I''m thinking you can freeze the bananas, but they may end up getting brown. Ours were "flash-frozen" upon cutting so they were pretty close to normal looking when we had them. They still taste the same to me, brown or not, though. Although you may find they taste more "banana-y" fresh. No difference to me. A lot of recipes called for fresh banana- like the pineapple one.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 1:27:28 PM
Author: AmberWaves

Date: 8/1/2008 1:04:11 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
2.gif

Thanks again!

1.) You can totally substitute yogurt (my choice because I LOVE the taste of yogurt, but it may alter the taste a bit- to taste a little more yogurty, and a little bit more watery. You can always add in more frozen fruit, though. Definitely add less juice. Usually 2oz of juice is substituted for regular yogurt.

2.) I''m thinking you can freeze the bananas, but they may end up getting brown. Ours were ''flash-frozen'' upon cutting so they were pretty close to normal looking when we had them. They still taste the same to me, brown or not, though. Although you may find they taste more ''banana-y'' fresh. No difference to me. A lot of recipes called for fresh banana- like the pineapple one.
Fantastic! Thanks for this info! I''m going to make some tonight!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Snlee:

The Mangoish One (don''t they sound like "Friends" episodes?)

* 12oz Mango-Passionfruit Juice (again, try to find the closest juice approximation available)- there must be something like that in a Whole Foods or Trader Joes, I''d think.
* 1 and 1/2 cup of frozen mango chunks
* 2 ice cream scoops of pineapple sherbet (personally, my favorite sherbet ever)
* 1 handful of ice

Blend until smooth.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yum!!! Do you remember any of the dairy free ones? The peach thing or the raspberry one? Lol...sorry I am so bad with names here...

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
NF: no problem. Let''s see here, do you mean the all fruit, or ones with soymilk?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, this is so cool!

Can I make a request... do you remember the one for the Orange Dream Machine (thinking this one is simple, but you never know
3.gif
)

Thanks for sharing the yumminess!!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Posh, do you mean

The Orangey one with Machines?
28.gif

This is the one with soymilk, right? If not, it''s the one with the OJ/Fro Yo/Strawberry one above.

I *think* this is the soymilk one, they''ve changed it a bit.

* 5oz Orange Juice
* 5oz Soymilk
* One scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt
* One scoop of orange sherbet
* one handful of ice

Very creamy, apparently!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Heeeeeey, I don''t remember signing any confidentiality agreements. :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 1:40:47 PM
NF: no problem. Let''s see here, do you mean the all fruit, or ones with soymilk?

All fruit please. The ones that are like slushies! You rock.
1.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Heya, NF:

Okay, the Peach Slushie

* 16oz Peach Juice (Should be easyish to find in health food (whole foods/Trader Joes) types of places.
* 4oz Apple Juice
* 1/2 cup of frozen mango chunks
* 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
* 1/2 cup of frozen peaches
* 1 Handful of ice

That should be right, but add more of the juice and/or fruit to get the correct consistency.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 2:17:36 PM

Posh, do you mean

The Orangey one with Machines?
28.gif

This is the one with soymilk, right?
Thats the one!!!! Thank you!!!!

slider_yourock.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you remember any of the lite menu recipes? I recall they were less than 300 cals each. And delish.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 2:56:44 PM
Heya, NF:

Okay, the Peach Slushie

* 16oz Peach Juice (Should be easyish to find in health food (whole foods/Trader Joes) types of places.

* 4oz Apple Juice

* 1/2 cup of frozen mango chunks

* 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries

* 1/2 cup of frozen peaches

* 1 Handful of ice

That should be right, but add more of the juice and/or fruit to get the correct consistency.

I love you!!! Too bad I JUST went grocery shopping this morning! I might have to send hubby out to TJ''s...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Jamba. We don''t have many down here...I''m stuck with Juice It Up...I don''t like it.

Do you happen to have the recipe for the Razzma.....yummy?
28.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 2:41:45 PM
Heeeeeey, I don''t remember signing any confidentiality agreements. :)
Tehe. I''m sure Jamba loves you sharing all the recipes online!

Thanks Amber! You rock!

One of my co-workers worked at Jamba for a few years too and she told me that the boosts aren''t recommended for pregnant women. Is this true? I didn''t know that so when she told me, I stopped getting boosts.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Snlee, from working there, yeah, the boosts were not so good. I think the only ones we actually said were okay (back then) were the protein and vita boosts. Now they have so many "extras" in their boosts, I don''t think it''s safe. I remember I didn''t get anything other than protein (a) because it puffs up the drink and makes it creamier and b) because I was on BCP and didn''t trust a lot of things to not mess them up).

Okay, Razzing a tazzle:

* 12oz of raspberry juice/cocktail (whatever you can find with the most raspberry juice
* 6/8 frozen strawberries
* 1/4 to 1/2 banana
* 2 scoops of orange sherbet
* handful of ice

Blend until smooth!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Firegoddess,

Unfortunately, JJ uses a low-calorie base (made with splenda) with their juices and fruits, and it was a "secret" recipe that just arrived that way.
8.gif
I''m sure you can always get a sugar free frozen yogurt and no sugar added juices and create the same thing. Sorry!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god, you''re awesome! I''m printing these out and putting them on my fridge! It''s going to be fun to play around with these recipes. Yumm!

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Amber you are the best! I thought I''d chime in a request if you don''t mind...

Isn''t there a peach one that isn''t a slushy type? It was very pleasing, if I remember correctly.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
This could quite possible be the best PS thread ever! Thank you so much amberwaves!

NEL- They actually do have one in the Boston area. I used to go there all the time when I was going to BU, it''s in our student union building on Comm Ave.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
amber - do you remember any of the discontinued ones? My fave was Orange Berry Blitz, but they discontinued it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results