shape
carat
color
clarity

Smoothie Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
i LOVE jamba juice!! my favorites are the enlightened ones.... mango mantra and strawberry nirvana, but i see those have a special base. darn! do you know the recipes anyway? can you just substitute soy milk or something for that base?

the other recipe i want to know... peanut butter mood. my husband would love me a little extra if i could make this for him.
18.gif

thanks!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, I am going to have to send the link to this thread to my daughter. She loves Jamba Juice. I only go there for the wheatgrass shots, no rinsing first.
2.gif

I usually juice my own wheatgrass, but when I am lazy, I use a Jamba Juice card.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone- I''ll be back after dinner with recipes! Sorry I took so long to respond, I was watching 27 Dresses!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the recipe Amber! You are FAB!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Blitzy-OJness

* 12oz Oj
* 6/8 frozen strawberries
* half a cup of blueberries
* 2 scoops of pineapple sherbet
* Handful of ice

Blend til smooth!

Okay, NOW I''ll be back.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Amber - you''re awesome!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Peachy-Goodness

* 12oz peach juice (or whatever juice has the most peaches in it)
* 1 cup of frozen peaches
* 1/4 to 1/2 banana
* two scoops of orange sherbet
* one handful of ice

Blend until smooth!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Novia, I''m sure you can use soymilk for the base replacement, I''m pretty sure the juice totals would be 10oz, 2oz soymilk, and 2 to 1 of fruit- depending on the drink.

Now, the peanut butter one, that wasn''t made when I worked there, but DH (who also worked with me, that''s how we met!) thinks it''s 10oz of soymilk, 1tbls or 2 tbls. of peanut butter (creamy), and 1/4 of a banana, and a scoop of frozen yogurt. A handful of ice, too. They use a moo''d base that has chocolate as well, so you may want to toss a tbl of cocoa powder. :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my fav is an oldie: very berry lime sublime.....i''d love the recipe.

movie zombie

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are fantastic! We don''t have a Jamba Juice (I think someone tried one out in the university area, but it didn''t work out so Keva Juice still has the monopoly here).

I just wanted to chime in that when I was working at Cold Stone, I was in charge of making the ice cream, and our customers went through fazes where they wouldn''t have banana mix ins, and sometimes they would. So when they weren''t into the bananas, we had a lot of them get brown. Well customers don''t like brown bananas because they think they''ve gone bad. So I''d use the brown bananas for the banana ice cream. Well at one point, we had a HUGE amount of brown bananas...So I froze them. and then defrosted them for the banana ice cream. It''s fine to use them frozen, but I don''t really recommend using them after they''ve defrosted because they turn to mush-which is great for ice cream, but not great for other things.

We also had smoothies there (they were such a PITA to prep) and one is the Strawberry Banana (it''s the only one I remember) that had 1/2 a frozen banana, about 4 large frozen strawberries and about 4-6 oz of apple juice. There were also two scoops of frozen yogurt in there, but when I made them for myself I''d use one of the sorbets. Or just decrease the juice.

I hate Cold Stone the company, but love the concept.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh Amber, you are the best. My hubby thanks you over and over
36.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 12:42:09 AM
Author: movie zombie
my fav is an oldie: very berry lime sublime.....i''d love the recipe.

movie zombie
36.gif
36.gif
please, oh please....

And the chocolate moo-cow & peanut butter when u have time.

Have we finished raiding recipes completely?

So no to boosts huh?

Funny I had boosts throughout my last pg.
emembarrassed.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, just dropping in quickly as we''re super busy! I''ll be back within a day or so with the recipes hopefully.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
You made my week. Recently got food poisoning from a local restaurant so I got wiped out. Husband got it too but his lasted a shorter time thanks to his cast iron stomach.

Had to go to a huge event right after I was better but still tired and worn out and ended up getting a nasty cold/flu. Was stuck by clearly really sick people. Someone coughed or sneezed on me -I actually felt the spittle on me YUCK. I work with kids so I get lots of the sneezing and coughing on me and am generally don''t get sick from it but adults should know better than to cough or sneeze right on my face.

So I feel really awful and drained. Once I get a bit better I will enjoy these a great deal I am sure. I will do them sans dairy and substitute for the sugar/sherbet parts and add protein. Thank you a million I am beyond stoked.

Mrs.2Artists

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 5:05:21 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Firegoddess,

Unfortunately, JJ uses a low-calorie base (made with splenda) with their juices and fruits, and it was a ''secret'' recipe that just arrived that way.
8.gif
I''m sure you can always get a sugar free frozen yogurt and no sugar added juices and create the same thing. Sorry!
Thanks for the heads up Amber. I''ll just have to get creative.
2.gif

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Amber, you are awesome! You already mentioned my favorite, but when you come back could you please post the recipe for the pomegranate one that''s all fruit? Yay in advance!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, love JJ but dont usually drink it due to the calories!

Amber, can you share the recipes for:

1. "Strawberry riding the waves"
28.gif

2. "Berry filling/Berry berry good"
28.gif

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results