shape
carat
color
clarity

Secret Society of Women

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Found this link, thought it was pretty neat. Created by Lisa Ling after suffering a m/c of her own 6 months ago. Thought I'd share with some of my favorite women, who I feel I share a bit of a "secret society" with.
Cheers!

http://www.secretsocietyofwomen.com/

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Charbie, thanks for sharing! I checked it out and it seems like a great place to "go" when you're feeling lonely. After just a quick glance around the site, I identified with so many secrets others had posted. Just shows that we never are truly alone in our feelings...

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
;( Oh, that is so sad. I never realized. More and more, I am really respecting celebrities who share their fertility struggles and even their losses. It helps to increase the dialogue and lets women know they're not alone. When I had my mc, I felt like it was such a taboo subject. Now I talk about it openly with everyone and it's amazing how when you share your story, others do as well. It's very cathartic.

I also DVR Giuliana & Bill. Their road to parenthod (IVF and a mc) has been so honest and touching. I am glad that they are sharing their journey with such courage and grace. I think it also shows how sensitive the topic is... most people would never know not to bug a person with the question, "Are you pregnant? Are you pregnant yet?" It can be so painful if you're TTC or experienced a loss. It's nice to hear Giuliana say it, too. I hope people realize more how personal having kids or trying to have kids can be and not be so quick to tread so heavily on sensitive souls who are struggling! I just witnessed a busybody lady at church needling a young woman about when she was going to start having kids and the pained look on her face made me walk over and change the subject. I was in her shoes once.

JonyLeaber

Rough_Rock
Trade
No offence, but why don't you begin by asking your Mum, she's woman and would be the best source to inform you on this issue. I take it you have a Mum, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
JonyLeaber|1293558930|2807985 said:
No offence, but why don't you begin by asking your Mum, she's woman and would be the best source to inform you on this issue. I take it you have a Mum, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

:nono:

If you are going to post things like this you might want to actually find out some of the history behind who is posting and what they may have been through.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love when people precede their statements with "no offense" then say something that's clearly offensive. Lots of women on this board have suffered losses and it was really thoughtful of Charbie to post that link. Not all things can be solved by talking to your mom. Sheesh, if my mom was my only resource of information, I would be in big trouble!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
:nono:

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
:nono: Are you serious?

Charbie - Thanks for the link. I think we kind of have a "secret society" here. Better yet, we have a support network here.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
:confused:
Huh. Wow. Did you click on the link? I talk to my amazingly wonderful mother frequently as a matter of fact, and im quite lucky she is still alive, not eveyone is so lucky. This really has nothing to do with her. But she's never suffered a m/c or any sort of fertility issue, so sometimes its nice to be annonymous and talk with others who have similar experiences.

Thanks for bringing this thread back to light, though, since im sure others who may have missed it will benefit from a visit to the sight linked. :wavey:

And thanks, FRIENDS, for the support. ;))

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Charbie- very thoughtful of you to post that link.

I don't think the post about anyone's Mum is appropriate- mine never suffered a miscarriage and died 9 years ago so many people like myself have to look for resources elsewhere.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Jony~

I've just had my 6th miscarriage. Sure, I told my mom. We cried together. She once again shared the stories of her own losses. We discussed what each of our fetuses looked like and determined that they were pretty close in gestational age at the times of our losses. How in f***s sake does that help anyone? What is their to be informed about?? A high percentage of babies are lost. Yes. But, each woman experiences the loss and grief differently. The more info that a woman can have the better.

Charbie~

I looked at the site when you first posted it. I didn't know I was preggo at that time but I'm off to peruse some more. Maybe I'll glean some more info and comfort. THANK YOU.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It looks like it covers just about everything. Thank you for sharing it, I plan on reading through it more tonight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results