shape
carat
color
clarity

Rooma Vacuum Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone here have a roomba? Want to share any experience?

I had heard about them off and on and have been interested in one, but I have a Dyson and didn''t feel like shelling out another few hundred dollars for another vacuuming tool! Well I caught a great sale online thanks to some friends and snagged a recent model that''s refurbished for $100! I let it roam around the house and I am so impressed with it!
36.gif
My cleaning lady was here today, she vacuumed and mopped my floors and they looked spotless but... this thing found plenty of dirt and cat hair, and our cats found new owners two months ago! My laminate floors show dust easily, so I''m hoping this will be a nice upkeep solution. You can schedule it so that you can set it to run while you''re away.

So does anyone have one?

roomba.jpg

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Great, and I misspelled "Roomba" in the title of my thread... not bad!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Lindsey,

I don''t have a roomba but I know people who do and they say it actually works pretty well. They love that the roomba can find it''s way back to its charger on its own. I''m skeptical about it, personally. I''d try it on floors first so I could actually see it picking up dirt, etc., before trying it out on carpet.

Zoe

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2007 6:22:10 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Hi Lindsey,

I don''t have a roomba but I know people who do and they say it actually works pretty well. They love that the roomba can find it''s way back to its charger on its own. I''m skeptical about it, personally. I''d try it on floors first so I could actually see it picking up dirt, etc., before trying it out on carpet.

Zoe
Can they really find their own charger? How cool is that? I adore the idea of having 1 or 10, but they''re still so expensive and our main problem is pet hair, which is tough for a lot of vacuums. Well, not to mention the pets chasing the Roomba, but just watching them do that would be fun too!
31.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2007 7:31:13 PM
Author: lyra

Date: 11/30/2007 6:22:10 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Hi Lindsey,

Zoe
Can they really find their own charger? How cool is that? I adore the idea of having 1 or 10, but they''re still so expensive and our main problem is pet hair, which is tough for a lot of vacuums. Well, not to mention the pets chasing the Roomba, but just watching them do that would be fun too!
31.gif
Yes, it can find it''s own charger, and it is pretty embarrassing to admit that last night I tried it out and thought that it was very entertaining! Price-wise I have to say... I got a refurbished one on sale for $100! It''s the discovery model, and it''s great because you can set it up to run on a schedule if you like.

As far as pet hair, I have two dogs and and I had two cats until a couple of months ago. I let the roomba run twice last night on different floors, and it picked up tons of cat hair. Mind you, I already own a Dyson, I vacuum 2-3 times a week, and I also have a cleaning lady that comes weekly! So I was impressed that it picked up the hair.

The roomba has a sensor that can detect areas with higher amounts of dirt, and it will focus on that area until it''s cleaned up. It is definitely fun to watch! I honestly thought that the roomba would clean "reasonably well" but I expected it to miss a lot of small particles and such but... last night, my dark wood laminiate floors (which show everything) were spotless. I am in love!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I have one & I like it. It doesnt clean as well as a full size vacuum but it does a pretty good job. They are quite loud which gets annoying after a while. The greatest thing about Roombas is that they can get under beds & that makes them totally worth it for me.
36.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
we own one that vacuums and one that mops: meet cinderella and cinderfella......

we are an all tile household with 5 indoor cats. these devices are very very useful.....my husband does the setup and clean up. i am extremely happy not to have to mop ever again. the vacuum: wish i had the new model that is programmed to do more rooms which means it can also handle a more open floor plan.

i own a miele vacuum that was very very expensive. between these devices, the floors are kept clean.

to paraphrase charleton heston when he was president of the nra: you''ll pry cinderella and cinderfella from my cold dead hands!

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results