shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um, uh, either one of you, uh, please get in touch with me.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mean get in touch with me

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
FB

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~So good to have you around. Sounds like Miss Tessa has made quite an impression on your babysitters granddaughter. No surprise there. My T does the automatic sit in my lap when she brings her shoes, too. So funny. What''s not so funny is how she says "shoes off" EVERY time we are in the car!
20.gif
Sorry you aren''t getting much sleep! Continued good thoughts your way. I hope everything is working out.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Tacori
Good to see you. Sorry to hear about your sleeping troubles. Everything feels a lot worse when you are tired. I will continue to think positive thoughts for you, and hope that your issues get resolved soon. Cute Tessa story. I guess I am the only one who doesn''t like the thread division, because i don''t really feel a part of it anymore
7.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, my babysitter loves T so much. Makes things a lot easier. Just wish I could get her more than once a week but she is really busy watching her grandkids b/c their nanny quit.

iluv, don''t leave! You HAD toddlers once
2.gif
That counts.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
You are sweet. Thanks
5.gif
I was feeling kind of bad about it since I was the only mom with older kids. I will lurk and help when I can.

Again, sorry that you are sad. Wish I could help. You are a great mom, and Tessa is very lucky to have you. Hang in there!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~So reassuring to have a babysitter who loves your kid and you can trust. Sucks about her grandkids'' nanny quitting!

iluv~I agree with Tacori! Don''t you dare leave us!
2.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 2:31:17 PM
Author: Burk
Tacori~So reassuring to have a babysitter who loves your kid and you can trust. Sucks about her grandkids'' nanny quitting!

2.gif

Thanks Burk, you are a doll!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,
I went over to the new thread without a word but I wanted to say how much I will miss us being all together! I have enjoyed reading about all the kiddies, and also feel like I ''know'' you guys. Thanks for all the advice and also thanks for follwoing the newborn thread and giving me advice there too.

Tgal thanks for the info about tummy time. I tried the hover thing a little and it kind of worked. also i spoke to the developmental clinic np and she said I don''t have to leave him there crying- just try it for a minute and then pick him up when he''s had enough so that is what I am going to do...he will get it eventually. we used to do tt on the boppy very well but the dev clinic np told me no more boppy- needs to be on the floor.
OHH! I got a nikon. I am so excited. mY pics still look no where near as amazing as yours and tacoris but i am excited to get better with the camera. did you change out the lenses alot or end up leaving the telephoto on the most? I find the regular lens is not getting me as close as I want.

Tacori- sorry this is late but I am thinking of you too and hope that what ever is going on is shortlived and not too stressful for you (I know it is already stressful but hopefully not too bad???). It''s so terrible when we don''t get sleep. I am getting sleep now but probably b/c I am co sleeping the second half of the night and fall right back to sleep while he is feeidng I think. I don''t even remember haha.

Burk I need to stop by your thread to see what else is going on with your house. T''s tummy is pretty good, I think. I never really know. Now that his teeth seems to be the main issue, I can''t really sort out what is bugging him for sure. that snentence idd not make sense but you know hwat I mean. how is t?

Iluv don''t leave- no way!!! but stop by the newborn thread occassionally, please?

hope everyone else is well and come over to visit when you have time.
emlove.gif
35.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--so good to see you back!! Things kinda slow down when you aren''t around. I hope things are looking brighter today.

Tgal--i did a FB search for ''the obvious'' just cuz i was curious what would come up --i must be dumb too (unless u are referring to your real name, which i of course don''t know)

Iluv--thritto--don''t leave
9.gif

Lili--for some reason i just can''t picture J sitting in the potty
3.gif
2.gif
Now, pulling off all the paper from the roll and stuffing *that* into the potty--yep, i see that
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 3:36:34 PM
Author: pavelover
Hi Ladies,
I went over to the new thread without a word but I wanted to say how much I will miss us being all together! I have enjoyed reading about all the kiddies, and also feel like I ''know'' you guys. Thanks for all the advice and also thanks for follwoing the newborn thread and giving me advice there too.

Tgal thanks for the info about tummy time. I tried the hover thing a little and it kind of worked. also i spoke to the developmental clinic np and she said I don''t have to leave him there crying- just try it for a minute and then pick him up when he''s had enough so that is what I am going to do...he will get it eventually. we used to do tt on the boppy very well but the dev clinic np told me no more boppy- needs to be on the floor.
OHH! I got a nikon. I am so excited. mY pics still look no where near as amazing as yours and tacoris but i am excited to get better with the camera. did you change out the lenses alot or end up leaving the telephoto on the most? I find the regular lens is not getting me as close as I want.

Tacori- sorry this is late but I am thinking of you too and hope that what ever is going on is shortlived and not too stressful for you (I know it is already stressful but hopefully not too bad???). It''s so terrible when we don''t get sleep. I am getting sleep now but probably b/c I am co sleeping the second half of the night and fall right back to sleep while he is feeidng I think. I don''t even remember haha.

Burk I need to stop by your thread to see what else is going on with your house. T''s tummy is pretty good, I think. I never really know. Now that his teeth seems to be the main issue, I can''t really sort out what is bugging him for sure. that snentence idd not make sense but you know hwat I mean. how is t?

Iluv don''t leave- no way!!! but stop by the newborn thread occassionally, please?

hope everyone else is well and come over to visit when you have time.
emlove.gif
35.gif
Pave, my pics are nowhere as good as Tacori''s because I haven''t done anything other than "auto" yet! I have had no time to read up and learn the darn thing.
38.gif

Tacori has the two lenses. I bought the body only for a D40 and bought a walkaround lens...great for all purpose but none of the pics are turning out stellar, which I knew would be the case and I am fine with that. Granted, I haven''t taken it even OUTSIDE for any pics.

Yup, I agree with them..I tried boppy for awhile (did that wrong too) but the floor worked better. Make it fun. Even better you and DH can do it with one person on the floor with him. And yes, doesn''t have to be for long...just a little here and there. Amelia detested TT, but once she figured it out, all she wanted to be was on her tummy for awhile.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 4:09:06 PM
Author: Jas12
Tacori--so good to see you back!! Things kinda slow down when you aren''t around. I hope things are looking brighter today.

Tgal--i did a FB search for ''the obvious'' just cuz i was curious what would come up --i must be dumb too (unless u are referring to your real name, which i of course don''t know)

Iluv--thritto--don''t leave
9.gif

Lili--for some reason i just can''t picture J sitting in the potty
3.gif
2.gif
Now, pulling off all the paper from the roll and stuffing *that* into the potty--yep, i see that
9.gif
Jas, the obvious is what you are calling me!!
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 2:23:12 PM
Author: iluvcarats
You are sweet. Thanks
5.gif
I was feeling kind of bad about it since I was the only mom with older kids. I will lurk and help when I can.

Again, sorry that you are sad. Wish I could help. You are a great mom, and Tessa is very lucky to have you. Hang in there!
You can''t leave. I love the older kid stories. Those are the good ones, when their little minds are churning away producing the best comments ever!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
How can I be behind again already?!

Just popping in quickly to say hello!

Tacori, I know it would take a lot to intimidate you. That''s why I like you!
2.gif
Glad you have a good babysitter, we need one so desperately but don''t know how to find one! *hugs*

iluv, please don''t leave us!!! You are a part of the group and we would love for you to stay!

msb, isn''t it crazy how quickly they grow up??? How''s K doing with food?

Puffy, I can not believe B is practically fully potty trained! I''m so impressed. Lily thinks her potty is a fun seat to hang out on. She loves to take off all her clothes, sit on it and read books but she never uses it for its actual purpose!!!! Fortunately, her daycare will start training soon so it alleviates some of the pressure but it can''t happen soon enough for me. Diapers for 2 kids is beyond expensive. Sounds like you won''t have to worry about that!
2.gif
Hope you''re feeling well.

Burk, I''m sure you''ll have Tayva potty trained in no time, especially if you''re going to be home with her. So cute that she can identify her friends and hug them!! Lily freaks me out because she knows EVERYONE at school, not just the kids in her class. I''m amazed at how much their little brains can absorb and retain!

Winks, welcome to the group. I LOVE the name Ruby! I''ll be following your PT saga--hope something works for you!

Jas12, thanks for that link! I''m going to check it out for sure!!

mrssalvo, I agree that it''s best to wait to PT until they can really understand what''s going on. Lily gets it, she just doesn''t want to use the potty! She''ll tell me right AFTER she poops and she''ll tell me when her diaper is wet. She also can hold her pee for a few hours because they told me at daycare that they''ve gone to change her a few times and she''s been dry. So I think she may be physically ready for it but the mental part is a whole different story!!!

lili, I think you and mrssalvo are right--we''ll probably have to split this thread again when all the little ones catch up. I have to say that every time I see your av, I break into a smile!!!

qtiekiki, you are definitely part of us!! Stay here, you know you''re always welcome!
1.gif
M is definitely our honorary toddler!

TGal, we used the Munchkin straw cups as well. They''re really good and BPA free, of course!! Um, I''m totally going to look for you in that obvious place.

Bobo, I have no idea when is the right time to start potty training! I think we''ll all be trying to figure it out together!! But I think my pediatrician said not to go by the dry diapers overnight. She said they have to work on being able to hold it during the day. Not sure why though...

In Lily news, she''s just doing her thing. Talking non-stop, in full sentences, including in her sleep. She now says, "excuse me" instead of just trying to barrel past us and "sorry" if she bumps into us. It''s pretty amazing. She also uses "please" and "thank you" at the appropriate times. And...she has a boyfriend. Jasper. Adorable blond boy from daycare, always happy, never cries, super nice parents. Apparently they spend all day together, follow each other around, sleep on cots next to each other, hold hands and hug all the time, etc. I ask her who her best friend is and she says, "Jasper best friend. Jasper boyfriend." It kills me. And so it begins...

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
puffy, yay
36.gif
on diaper free until your next little one comes. Lucky you don''t have morning sickness. I remember with little B the first 3 months was so hard. I was tired all the time, with all day sickness. Had to take 30 minutes naps once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

Tacori, How funny that Tessa screamed and walked over to her crib. Sorry to hear about your sleep. Hope you get some sleep and things work out for you. I''m in the Los Angeles area, so when you are in town we need to do a L.A. GTG.

iluv, don''t go...
39.gif

Hi Pave!!
35.gif

TGal, I see you in FB! I think that is you.

Thanks for the info Curly! How sweet that Lily have a boyfriend. They must look so cute together.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 3:11:25 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Date: 5/14/2009 2:31:17 PM

Author: Burk

2.gif

Thanks Burk, you are a doll!

oh I agree I luv. please stay. I''ve got older kids too and we can still chat about them here..

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 4:17:04 PM
Author: curlygirl
In Lily news, she''s just doing her thing. Talking non-stop, in full sentences, including in her sleep. She now says, ''excuse me'' instead of just trying to barrel past us and ''sorry'' if she bumps into us. It''s pretty amazing. She also uses ''please'' and ''thank you'' at the appropriate times. And...she has a boyfriend. Jasper. Adorable blond boy from daycare, always happy, never cries, super nice parents. Apparently they spend all day together, follow each other around, sleep on cots next to each other, hold hands and hug all the time, etc. I ask her who her best friend is and she says, ''Jasper best friend. Jasper boyfriend.'' It kills me. And so it begins...
Bahaha! Oh no.
39.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! What a lovely surprise! You all made my night!
I wasn''t trying to "drama queen", I was just sad because I didn''t fall into the parameters. But thanks for having me as an honorary member. I am delighted to be part of a group full of such wise and wonderful women. I really didn''t want to leave, so thanks for all the invitations to stay. I big puffy heart
30.gif
you all!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
lili that''s the one thing that i did not want to be doing...changing 2 sets of diapers. it was hard enough to change B''s diapers, but hopefully he''ll continue to do well with the potty. i can only hope he''ll be a good big brother. i taught him "big brother," but i don''t think he knows what that means yet. i think he understands the concept of babies or knows what babies are cause every time we see a stroller or a tiny little baby, he will point at it and say "baby," then he will say that he''s a "big boy." haha. how is J doing? i hope she isn''t sick still or again.

msb wow, i can''t believe little K will be going to preschool in the fall already!!

burk sounds like getting preggo in july like you wanted may happen. B has this DVD that talks about babies and where they come from. so when i ask him where''s the baby, he will rub my belly and kiss it, and i ask him where do babies come from? he''ll say, "from love like mommy and daddy." haha. it''s pretty funny. i guess it can be a bit misleading, but it does the job for now. how is T doing?

tacori so glad to see you on here!! how are you doing? i hope things are better. but sorry about the rough sleep. i don''t want to jinx it, so i am hoping that B will continue with his potty and going by himself. i must say though, that it is a big PITA when we are out. those darn automatic flushing toilets make him cry every time. but i''ll take a bit of crying over trying to hold him down for a diaper change. how is T doing? that''s pretty cute with your babysitter and her granddaughter.

jas12 how is Co doing? i''m sure he''s as smart as ever.

iluv honestly, you really can''t leave!! we love to hear your ava and sam stories and you have the best pics of all 3 of your kids!!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
curly: hahahahaah how cute is that? lily and jasper being an item =)) K is doing great with food! eating almost everything now (minus eggs of course :) ) and not having to mash stuff up :)

tacori: whats there NOT to love about tessa!! glad u found a baby sitter ur comfortable with..sorry to hear about waking up so early =(( sending u more hugs and hope things start looking up soon!

Tgal: i sent u a request =)

iluv: i agree with everyone, u cant leave!! love hearing stories of ur kids, tips and its a good ''heads up'' as to what u should expect when K grows up :)

puffy: i know!!! how''d ur search go? i thought u were going to check a few in the area right?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Thanks curly. You are so sweet. I definitely feel more a part of this group b/c I''ve been with you ladies on the mommies thread for so long.
Aww how cute that Lily has a boyfriend, even cuter is that she calls him her boyfriend.

lili
Whatever will get you to wean. LOL.

Burk
I think I''ll go a couple cycle of officially TTCing before charting. It''s just that I have a hard time getting up for work, so I try to minimize the amount I have to do in the am.
M is fine except for the sleeping department. She had a major regression since our Mother''s Day trip. She is not putting herself to sleep anymore. She kept pulling herself up in the crib and just cried. The last two nights we kind of rocked her to sleep after over an hour of crying. I went in to comfort her throughout the hour, but she cried every time I walked out. Today I let her CIO for 20 min before going in to comfort and lay her down. Then said "goodnight. i love you." and walked out. After that she went to sleep. Hopefully it''ll progress well. She also got three more teeth (2 on top and 1 bottom), so she has 7 total now.

Jas12
It''s awesome that Co is already poop trained. I''ll have to bookmark that site.

puffy
Yay for B being almost diaper-free. Give you a few diaper-free months.
9.gif

MrsS
I''ve heard that usually girls are ready for potty training later than boys. Did you find that to be true? Or is it too early to tell?

msb
Great to see you again. You''ve been so busy. Anxiously waiting for the Bday pics.

Tacori
That''s such a cute story. T IS a happy baby.
Glad things are better for you. I, too, feel like I know you (all the mommies) and the babies/toddlers.
I''ll have to see about the June GTG. Don''t think DH wants to go up again so soon.
Hope you get more sleep tonight or soon.

iluvcarats
awww... you are part of the thread. I love all your cute stories and advices.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 12:39:40 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 5/14/2009 3:28:42 AM
lili-if we have to we can always split again to a 24-36 month or something. by then we''ll have enough kiddos in that age group. I thought about splitting it that way but there are only a couple of mommies who are regular posters that fall in the 24-36 month curretly.

Hehe, it probably won''t be long before we have to do it.
The new batch of babies are 3-4 months old now.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori
Hope you are able to get some much needed Zzzzz.
How awesome is that you found a babysitter who just adores little T.
That''s too cute what her granddaughter observed of T -- and I agree, she is a HAPPY baby -- must be because she''s got a great mommy.

Burk
The birthstone is an added bonus
41.gif

I love having a newborn during the spring months -- don''t have to fuss with wipes and towel warmers, and it is not as difficult to get out of bed at night.
Do you not have enough vacation and sick leave for your maternity leave for your second one?
It''s too bad we all don''t live in Canada huh? How sweet is it to be able to covered for almost an entire year!
Anyway, July is not too far away.

Melissa
Welcome and good luck with getting Ruby PT''ed.
I''d love to hear what works for you.

iluvcarats
You better park your little hiney here and not go!
We love hearing stories about your Ava and Sam.
Gives us something to look forward too when we are dealing w/ these terrible ones, twos and threes
41.gif

Bobo
9.gif
Cute picture of little B.
He''s so big and look like he''s about 3!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12
Haha, you got that right. She did go into the bathroom and pulled on the TP.
It''s only a matter of time before she tries the flush.
Question....do you use a baby potty or one of those seat that goes on top of the toilet for Co?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Pave
The easiest way to get anyone on a thread is to post pictures of your little cutie
2.gif

Glad to hear that you found something that works for T''s tummy time.
Like TGal said, you don''t have to do it long, but do it often.
36.gif
on your new camera. So we should see some new pictures soon?
9.gif

TGal
Hope your dental work is all done.

Curly
Hehe, so cute that Lily has a BF.
She''s a smartie too -- talks like such a grown up.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Lili--i bought the potty that has both options--a removable top that goes on the regular toilet or on the floor ''bowl''. I put it on the adult toilet. The baby whisperer claims if u do this when they are young they don''t resist it when they are older (no transition). Plus, i find he is less likely to try and get away from me (cuz he is up higher) I sit on the other little potty (turns into a stepping stool) and we either play with his basket of bath toys or potty book or something.

Curly-OMG a little boyfriend for Lily! How cute is that!? I had my first "BF" when i was 3. We were insperable too--for years. I think i actually loved him- hehe. I moved to the other end of the country when i was 10, but to this day we still keep in touch.

Puffy--i agree, 2 in diapers would be a lot of work. Part of the reason i wanted to train early. Not that i am preggo, but if i were--all the more reason. So great that you have one less chore to worry about. How ya feeling? How is B healing these days?
Co is great, thanks for asking. Getting close to standing (he stood the one time unassisted, but no repeat since) He and B are little talkers. I love how he studies my lips when i am pronoucing words and tries to copy.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I miss you guys!! And I'll be here in 4 mo's to crowd things up more, haha. Sometimes I think we should have 4 threads, 0-6 mo's, 6-12 mo's, 12-24mo's and 24-36. It's a lot of threads though, plus what about the mommies over 36 mo's? All I know is I'm already feeling lost on my own thread among newborns nd I miss all the advice from BTDT moms! C is doing well meanwhile, eating things she shouldn't (stroller straps, piece of my chocolate cookie) but not wanting things that are designed for her age group (puffs, fruit in mesh feeder--she thinks it looks weird)! I gave her diced bananas and she picks them up and anaylzes, but doesn't eat it yet. I love this stage :)

Curly: "Jasper boyfriend"..that is the cutest thing ever! Yup now it's just countdown to the teenage years,hehe.

Bobo: loooove the avatar, the cheeks are too much!

Tacori:
how're you doing, hope you caught up on sleep at least :)

Burk: April birthstone sounds good to me
emsmilep.gif
--it's going to fun following your TTC #2 story!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 6:58:11 AM
Author: lili
Date: 5/14/2009 12:39:40 PM

Author: mrssalvo

Date: 5/14/2009 3:28:42 AM

lili-if we have to we can always split again to a 24-36 month or something. by then we''ll have enough kiddos in that age group. I thought about splitting it that way but there are only a couple of mommies who are regular posters that fall in the 24-36 month curretly.

Hehe, it probably won''t be long before we have to do it.

The new batch of babies are 3-4 months old now.

very true. well, maybe in a few months we can have the mods change this thread to be just 12-24 months and then start a 24-36 month or something. we can cross that bridge when we get there. at least for the time being this split seems to be working for everyone so much better which is good.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
curly-too funny about the boyfriend. I do not look forward to the day when boyfriends become real
32.gif

pave-so glad you stopped by and updated us and don''t worry, we''ll still pop in on the newborn thread b/c we all know how much support is needed during those early weeks.

Jas12-did you find tgal?

qt-Jake is no where near Potty training and to be honest I''m not dedicated enough at this point to really work with him on it. I won''t even bother until he''s closer to 3..i''m lazy..hehe...and honestly, things are usually so crazy in my house getting my bigger girls ready etc. that I just couldn''t be 100% on top if it with Jake right now. But, who knows, if he starts showing signs and I can get with it, i''ll go for it. I would love to cut out buying the diapers.

janine- glad you chimed in over here too and glad C is doing well.

gotta run and pick up Lily from school. be back later[:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results