clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 6:22:04 PM
Author: iluvcarats

Date: 12/2/2009 6:16:38 PM
Author: jas

I''m in trouble. And I''m so sorry about your barefoot.
7.gif
I don''t even want to think about potty training right now.

Just a day in the life...
3.gif

BTW, are you looking for another dog
11.gif
I''ll trade your dog for one of my dirt-eaters.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 6:35:00 PM
Date: 12/2/2009 6:22:04 PM

Author: iluvcarats

Date: 12/2/2009 6:16:38 PM

I'm in trouble. And I'm so sorry about your barefoot.
7.gif
I don't even want to think about potty training right now.

Just a day in the life...
3.gif

BTW, are you looking for another dog
11.gif

I'll trade your dog for one of my dirt-eaters.
SOLD!

I have a feeling my dog eats worse than dirt. Then he pukes it up on my carpet
14.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
jackie--geeeeez woman, shower, would ya.

QT--Tgal has been helping me out with my camera choice
1.gif
. why i love PS.
36.gif
--most concentrated group of multi-knowledgeable ppl i know!

Tacori--that dessert toy is ohhh so up my alley. $15 is really reasonable. Wonder if Co would like one
41.gif

gawd, i wouldn''t have even thought about the stocking holders. I tie mine to garlan, but our new house will have a fire place so i''ll be sure not to get them for a few years anyway. We are putting up a tree, but Co accidently broke a glass bulb at his nona''s house and he is so sensitive (and upset by it) that he is scared to go within 10 feet of a tree now, so i think i am safe. I''d just do the table one if you are worried. Not worth the stress of constant vigilance. There''ll be many years of xmas tress down the road.

Co didn''t nap 2 days in a row. GAWD HELP ME if this is the end of naps. Pleeeeeaazzzeee no end to naps. 6 mos from now when i have a newborn and a 2 year old that refuses to give his mother a break for one friggin hour in the day i''ll seriously looooose it. I will.
(hoping, praying, it''s a fluke b/c on tuesday he apparently went down but woke 10 mins later and had to poop but wouldn''t go back to bed after, and today he had gymnastics and was overstimulated b/c it was his last day party and he just couldn''t wind down to nap. This is all according to my MIL. fingers crossed thing are back to normal tomorrow....and for at least another year!!!!!
15.gif

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Jackie and Iluv you two are cracking me up! I think you both need to take showers and be grateful that your dirt-eating kids and puking dogs don''t throw food at you like Tessa or my James
9.gif
I''ll take a dirt-eating kid if someone will take my poop-in-the-crate pug
11.gif
12.gif

Re: Christmas trees. We are going to get one this year (as usual) but I''m worried. James does not totally understand "no" without a tantrum and if he can reach it then it''s his so I''m worried about my ornaments. Not that I have like a million or anything
2.gif

Re: Thread-splitting. I vote no on this one. This thread doesn''t move too fast even for those like myself that sort of come and go as far as posting goes (I lurk all the time). If it gets too crazy/busy like when we had just one thread then it can be re-visited.

Jas12 - Re: Naps. James goes through phases when he doesn''t nap too. It is hard. He gets sooo grouchy but yet won''t sleep so we''re just stuck with this grouchy, crying toddler who doesn''t want to do anything but roll on the floor and cry. Boo!

Just the usual over here. Busy busy busy. Getting off of the Warfarin (Coumadin) this week and I''m nervous about that. Will have my blood test tomorrow and then another in a week for a base-line and then yet another full panel shortly in preparation for my next visit with the hematologist in January. I''m ready for this to be over!

James is doing great - he''s so social these days. Really into hugging and kissing me and DH
30.gif
He has also really been into his books the past week or so. We''ve read to him since birth and now he''ll get the correct book (most of the time) if you tell him which one to get. So cute and smart!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Diva
I''ll pass on the poop in the crate pug
14.gif

What a little smarty pants James is
36.gif

Good luck at the Dr''s

JAS
The peeing everywhere has nothing to do with potty training. That''s when he liked to pee IN the potty. He''s 7 and now he just doesn''t care where it goes. Doesn''t bother to lift the seat.
20.gif
(Hope I''m not scaring you
3.gif
)

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
i am a regular peeping tom here! i''m a lurker but def not a regular poster, but i LOVE reading the thread. i also vote for non-splitting (but maybe my vote shouldn''t count b/c i never post anyway!!)
20.gif

anyway, just wanted to say that

1) coby has been absolutely refusing to sleep in his crib for the past month. he either naps in his stroller, carseat, or not at all
23.gif
. this is not ok. jas12, i feel your pain!!!

2) one of our dogs is on prozac. enough said.

3) the other dog peed on our leather rug yesterday, the couch the day before, and my bed (including the duvet and down comforter) this morning. the prozac didn''t work for her.

oh, and i''m attempting to plan a big party for dh''s 40th bday next weekend.
i''m a complete and total mess!!

(and apparently a REALLY selfish, self-centered poster as well!!!...sorry!!!)

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 9:40:51 PM
Author: lover in athens
i am a regular peeping tom here! i''m a lurker but def not a regular poster, but i LOVE reading the thread. i also vote for non-splitting (but maybe my vote shouldn''t count b/c i never post anyway!!)
20.gif

anyway, just wanted to say that

1) coby has been absolutely refusing to sleep in his crib for the past month. he either naps in his stroller, carseat, or not at all
23.gif
. this is not ok. jas12, i feel your pain!!!

2) one of our dogs is on prozac. enough said.

3) the other dog peed on our leather rug yesterday, the couch the day before, and my bed (including the duvet and down comforter) this morning. the prozac didn''t work for her.

oh, and i''m attempting to plan a big party for dh''s 40th bday next weekend.

i''m a complete and total mess!!

(and apparently a REALLY selfish, self-centered poster as well!!!...sorry!!!)

Oh man LIA! I guess you had to take a trip to the dry cleaner today
38.gif

*sigh*
Always something!
Don''t worry about the party - it will be great. Is it a surprise?

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
thank goodness it''s not a surprise!! so far we''re up to about 30 people. i am most definitely NOT a natural hostess, so this has the potential for disaster.
yesterday dh casually mentioned a few things like, "so have you thought about where everyone is going to park?" and "it''s supposed to be 40 degrees out...do you really think people should be outside?" and "do you really think one bartender is enough?"

needless to say, i was up at 4am writing and re-writing LISTS of things that need to be done!!

AAARGGGH!!!

if only coby would sleep though the night too. oh, and drink some milk! he still refuses anything except the boob and water from a sippy. i''d LOVE to get preggo (now THAT would be a great bday gift for dh!!), but i think i''m going to have to wean first...

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt you''re not too far behind either! are you guys doing maternity pics as well? i think that B will be ok with his little brother as he totally gets the concept and understands it''s not ALL about him and mommy anymore. but not too sure how he will react when he actually sees the baby, but we will find out soon enough. B has his play kitchen which he LOVES to play with. and we also have the melissa $ doug pots and pans and the plan toys plates.

burk glad to hear that T loves her new crib. not too sure if i will actually post the maternity pics, but i might if there are some that look decent enough to post. B''s second birthday is just going to be a small casual dinner at home with family and friends, and during the day, we''re just doing a small gymboree party with his play buddies. T will be turning 2 next month...can you believe it!?!

mrsS awww, that''s wonderful news about your sis!!

lili how is miss J doing? hope she''s staying healthy and no yucky colds. i love the AV by the way....such a sweet smile!

jas12 what a cute pic of your little one!! i really hope that it isn''t the end of naps for Co!

snlee hope you are feeling better! i know what you mean about the shopping. i have been shopping like crazy, but mostly for B and other kids we know. i''ve been buying B a ton of stuff and i know i should calm down. haven''t been buying too much for myself though, which is good. how is D doing?

tacori B knows not to touch our tree, so i think he''ll be ok. he has been so far, but who knows. we do it like we do each year, with decorations and lights. he actually helped decorate it. he will go to the tree and stare at it or put presents under it if i ask him to, but he won''t touch unless i am with him and tell him it''s ok for him to. that''s really scary about the stocking holder!! and the desert stand so CUTE!!!

iluv so good to see you!!! how are your kids?

jas your posts always crack me up!

LIA good luck with the party planning, and the dogs and your little man!

maternity photo shoot went well i think. i''m just waiting to get the proofs. but of course B decided he wanted absolutely nothing to do with the pics with mommy in them, and told the photographer to take pictures of him by himself playing. oh boy!! what should have been an hour or less took about over 2 hours and by then, we were all too tired to care. haha. but i think we had some decent ones, i hope.

next week is B''s 2nd bday and DH and i finished getting gifts for him today. he has been super obsessed with toy story, so we went out and got him a bunch of toy story toys that he didn''t have that we knew he would love. and a few books and other things, so basically he''s got about 50 presents from just DH and myself. haha. think we over did it.

hope everyone is doing well!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
That''s ok. My son eats the house.

Top that.

Seriously.

He gnawed the railing on the staircase. ALL THE WAY UP.

The stair.

(time outs are on the stairs...coincidence?)

He gnawed his toychest.

He gnawed on his bed.

He gnawed the chair in the kitchen.

He gnawed the entertainment center.

Lastly, he gnawed his bed.

He also bites his toenails.

And I wonder why I rush to pour a glass of wine once they turn in at night?

He once gnawed a pacifier (the hard plastic part, not the sucky part) so bad, that my bff, who has a kid his age, thought my german shepherd got a hold of it.

Mazel Tov mamma.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, so behind this week, so sorry if I miss anyone.

Jas12--
Great u/s!
So happy to hear that you'll be in your honeymoon tri.
Enjoy!
The grass is greener on the other side.
But the funny thing is sometimes I try to trick her w/ switching her stuff w/ mine and it didn't work :razz:

MrsS--
Yay for your sis
36.gif

Lots of sticky dust to her.

QT--
That's great about the hand-me-down.
I haven't and probably won't spend much on J too.
She's got a lot of hand-me-downs from her cousin who is half a year older.
Hope M feels better soon.
Is she still on medication?

Burk--
Haha....at least they are on his clothes.
J got stickers all over our faces and arms.

Bobo--
Second what QT said about not needing the H1N1 shot if B is not exposed to other kids.
If J isn't in a daycare, we would hold off on the shots too.
Hehe, so when are you going to be ready for number 2?

Diver--
Bummer about the lost stud.
Hope you find it soon.
Hehe....Daner is a wild woman!
She's grown so much.

Snlee--
I hope it's not bronchitis too.
Hope you are feeling better.
How is D doing?

Janine--
Munchkin straw cup is J's favorite.
She doesn't use sippy, but I've heard from many moms that the cheapo take-n-toss sippies are great.

Tacori--
Wow, that is scary about those stocking holders.
Fortunately, we don't have any of those or christmas decorations up for that matter :razz:
That IKea easel sounds like a good item...I'll take a look at it.
Haha....too funny about you not liking the infant stage and Diver does.
Like Jas12 said, move to where Diver is :D

lili

Ideal_Rock
TDM--
Your suggestion is fine and all, but I just think the new mommies (especially the first one in 2010) will feel so lonely being the only one in her thread.

Tacori--
Haha, J was good last year w/ our dinky tree on the floor.
She just look at it and didn''t grab for it.
Don''t know about this year though.
I like to think that she''ll know it''s off limits just like my many houseplants.

iluvcarats--
35.gif
35.gif
haven''t seen you in a while.
how are you and the kiddies.
any more anecdotes from Sam and Ava? :D

Curly--
That pot set is too cute!

TGal--
YOu are such a nice friend.
Can''t believe you friend and her sister are going to be due so soon.
Did they have a c-sec scheduled?

JackieJas--
You do know that eating dirt is a good thing.
Helps them build up their immune system
2.gif

Jas12--
Oh no, I hope Co is not self-weaning his naps.

Puffy--
Haha....that is funny how B is such a camera hog.
I guess you are his favorite person second to himself huh?
Can''t wait to see your pix.
Speaking of maternity pic.....could you find the ones w/ B and post them too?

Thanks. She was actually mimicking her cousin. They had the same smile in the pix.
J is doing well and yapping away, but only when she''s comfortable w/ you :D
She cracks me up so often these days.
The other day, she had a piece of booger hanging by her nose and it come loose on the bed.
I picked it up and showed it to her and said "this booger came out of J''s nose".
She points to her nostrils and said "no, J''s nostrils" :D

Wow, B is going to be 2 already? I remember not too long ago when you threw him his big birthday bash with a cake that put my wedding cake to shame
9.gif

Gymboree party are fun...and so much less hassle.

-----------
Ok, caught up finally.
Hope everyone is having a good week.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Will be back later to catch up, but just wanted to say
Diver - There''s nothing wrong with a little extra fiber in one''s diet
3.gif

(only 1 glass?...
2.gif
)

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi all! I'm also anti-split (I think my original post on this got buried). I like the BTDT advise and this thread doesn't get much traffic. Unless this is some ploy to get Tacori in a thread on her own (haha). I actually thought a lot of you moms were 2007, but maybe most of us are 2008. I'm a late 2008 though so if threads were split I'd just stalk other moms like I did here when C wasn't even 9 mo's, or like how I post in LIW, Preggo, TTC threads without being asked!!

jas12: what no naps? I'm hoping naps continue until she's in school!! C's down to one nap now, which I'm already upset about but at least that one nap is a solid 2 hrs.

snlee: no gifts yet, I'm so behind! I want to get C an Imaginarium Activity Block (I think that's what it's called), the Ball Popper and maybe the FP Farm. Some clothes too of course. I hope I'm not going too overboard on toys! D's got some great gear and you are so on top of Xmas!!

tacori: I'm returing the stocking holders...been thinking about it all day, can't risk it! Can't wait to see pics of your tree, I have a feeling it's going to be a stunner.

diver: you have a little troublemaker! C's eaten a great deal of her crib rails--so much for lifetime crib!

LIA: the party's going to be a hit, I know it! Let us know what you decide for DH's gift! My DH's next big one isn't for a few years, but it is a BIG one and I'm already looking for ideas!

lili: that's so cute that J is such a talker, I can't wait to hear my C say some words!

diva: sounds like James is a lot of fun, how old is he now?

puffy: can't wait to see the maternity pix!

Not much else here--have a Xmas party fo C to go to this wkend, complete with Santa and open gym. Hope she enjoys it...and isn't freaked out by Santa or all the kids (since she hasn't been to daycare or too many playdates, I figure it'd be a good idea). At 1 she might be a little young for it, but the socialization can't hurt. I'm a bit nervous about the germs, but I can't isolate her, right?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Probably going to have to pick one up for my T...as I said on FB I''m starting over!
2.gif

iluv~Hey there woman!! Good to *see* you around!!!

Tgal~Hey there!

Jas~You crack me up!! Missy you around these parts!!

Jas12~Oh no to the nap drama!! I don''t know if you remember or not, but T went through a phase of hating sleep...cried when we told her it was time, refused to nap, ect. Luckily it only lasted a couple weeks and she was back to herself. Hopefully Co is just going through a phase. When your MIL puts him down is he just happy and hanging out but not sleeping or does he cry?

Diva~Good luck with getting off the Warfarin. Hope it all goes smoothly and you can be done with all that stuff!

LIA~Hey there!! Sorry about Coby''s sleep and your stress with the party. I threw one for my DH and it was a lot of fun. I''m sure yours will turn out great!!

puffy~Glad the pics went well and you think you got some good ones. Post a couple at least!! I can''t believe we''ll both have two year-olds and newborns before we know it!! Crazy!!

Diver~So it''s not normal for kids to eat the house? Hmmmmmm.....

lili~T does stickers on our faces and arms and legs, wherever she darn well pleases!
3.gif
Just so happens we usually remember about the ones on our nose, just not the 200 on our clothes!! The joys of toddlers.

Going to Kansas Saturday to my little brothers college football bowl game (he plays at a DII school so their bowl games are a bit earlier than DI). Going to do some shopping afterward and am super excited to finally get some Christmas gifts. I feel so behind!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
jas12-i hope Co''s no nap thing is temporary. Jake isn''t allowed to give up naps until he''s in kindergarten
3.gif

jackiejas-i hear ya on the shower although I usually manage to at least get in and soap up, then I have to decide whether to wash my hair or shave my legs b/c I rarely have time to do both.

iluv-oh you poor thing with the dog. I hate it when my dog gets sick and my whole downstairs is hardwood except for an 8x10 run in our family room and where does she go when she throws up? the dang carpet! I feel ya...so glad you popped in!

diva-the baby hugs and kisses are just the BEST!!!!

lover in athens:
35.gif
i bet Coby is just getting so big!

puffy-wow, b''s turning 2 already! what a fun time and new baby in only a few weeks!! my middle daughter was born in Dec. and it was so fun to be in the Hospital. their were decorations everywhere and they put these giant red stockings on all the babies portable cribs in the hospital nursery. it was so cute! I still have the stocking.

diver-okay, i have girls and they never chewed/gnawed on things, your story about Jake is scaring me a bit
2.gif
i second whoever said 2 glasses of wine would be in order. my hubby has taken to making me white russians lately. not good for the waistline but oh so yummy and a nice little wind down drink..

janine-have fun at the Christmas party. Jake hated santa last year, totally freaked out. we''re going to a Fill Santa''s Sleigh event this weekend and Jake will get to try again. I suspect he still won''t be a fan.

burk-have fun watching your brother and having some time to Christmas shop. I love Christmas shopping and still have some to finish myself. other than a couple of stocking stuffers I don''t have a darn thing for my hubby.

So, jakey took his first tumble down the stairs today
7.gif
He usually will turn and crawl down stairs or sit on his bottom and slide down step by step. lately if I''m near him he reaches up for my hand and wants to walk down the stairs. today we were in our playroom and my hubby came up to say goodbye and went back downstairs. Jake ran after him and went down the first step and then the staircase turns so I didn''t see the rest but heard the thumping of my sitting hitting stairs on the fall. I jumped up and found him on his belly at the bottom step, right before the steps curve again. Fortunately our stairs are carpeted and he only fell down 6 of them so it wasn''t a long fall but heartbreaking nevertheless. he is just fine and I do hope it will scare him enough to not try and attempt to walk down them again by himself.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Mrs S, I didn''t even like to read about that, it must have been heartbreaking for you to live through. These little people hold our hearts in their hands, don''t they!

So glad to hear that Jake is ok. I don''t usually love living in a single storey cottage, but for the toddler years, it''s a blessing.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes Mrs. Mitchell it's scary. we actually have 2 staircases in out house and I keep one completely gated off, there is a balcony that over looks our family room and Jake loves to put his head right up to the rails and look off and it freaks me out so that entire area is off limits to all of my family members
32.gif
my oldest went down a set of hardwood stairs at our old house. she was about 9 months old and the upstairs gate somehow did not latch properly. I was soooooo freaked out, rushed her to the dr. She was fine, not even a bruise but I'm scarred for life and hearing Jake thump down the stairs immediately took me back to when my oldest when down a much longer and harder flight. It really is amazing though how resilient our little one's are though.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
MrsS
Aww poor Jake.  Glad he wasn’t seriously hurt.  I don’t think I mentioned it on here before, but Meena had rolled down the stair twice (before she learned to turn backward to crawl down the stairs).  I wasn’t around the second time; DH was with her that time.  I just felt like such a bad mom.  Lately M had been doing the same thing as Jake, wanting to hold my hand and walking down the stairs.  So I am kind of worried that she’ll try to do it by herself again.  Sorry for hijacking.  Just wanted to say I know how you felt when Jakey fell. 

snlee

Ideal_Rock
MrsS, omg so glad Jake is okay!!! How heartbreaking to hear/see. So sorry. DH was home with D yesterday and took his eye off him a few seconds...when he turned around D was at the top of our stairs looking down with his butt facing the stairs. DH nearly had a heart attack. A week or so ago, D was climbing the stairs and slipped. I was nearby and caught him but he had already rolled down 1 or 2 steps. Poor thing was crying and screaming for the longest time after. I think it really scared him. Then we noticed his mouth had blood in it! We freaked out! Thank god it wasn''t his tooth and nothing was seriously wrong. He must have bit his gum when he fell. So scary! So glad both of your kids were okay! Stairs are so dangerous!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS, yikes! Glad to hear he''s OK. Oh goodness!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 4:44:29 PM
Author: mrssalvo
yes Mrs. Mitchell it''s scary. we actually have 2 staircases in out house and I keep one completely gated off, there is a balcony that over looks our family room and Jake loves to put his head right up to the rails and look off and it freaks me out so that entire area is off limits to all of my family members
32.gif
my oldest went down a set of hardwood stairs at our old house. she was about 9 months old and the upstairs gate somehow did not latch properly. I was soooooo freaked out, rushed her to the dr. She was fine, not even a bruise but I''m scarred for life and hearing Jake thump down the stairs immediately took me back to when my oldest when down a much longer and harder flight. It really is amazing though how resilient our little one''s are though.
Oh no. How horrible for you. They are quite robust little things, though. I''m often horrified by the sound of Amelia''s head hitting the floor / furniture and she doesn''t even whimper. A few bruises, though. The child is a little uncoordinated!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
mrsS so glad that jake is ok. must have been so scary.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori, thanks for the PSA, hope your SIL''s BF''s niece is ok.

puffy, glad the shoot went well, how funny B want picture taken with just himself. wow..50 presents, I hope you didn''t have to wrap them.

lili, I don''t think I''ll ever be ready, I think DH need to get me drunk for that. Are you guys ready for #2?

Burk, have fun shopping! I feel so behind on my x''mas shopping too, I haven''t buy any gifts yet.

MrsS, sorry to hear about Jake''s tumble, glad to hear the little guy is ok.

snlee, glad D was ok. I was holding my breath while reading MrsS & your post.

Need to find time to put up the x''mas tree and do some x''mas shopping. Wish I have 30 hours a day.
As for the thread splitting, I really don''t like the idea of it. I like that all of us is here...

lili

Ideal_Rock
Diver--
LOL...too funny about Jake being a gnawer.
I would never have guess looking at that sweet face.

Janine--
Oh, you''ll be smiling ear to ear just listening to that little voice.
Of course until they start shrieking because we don''t understand that they are trying to say.
J still can''t pronounce the f well. So her fly sounds like "sly" when she toss her toss through the air.
That should be fun for C.
A little germ is good -- that what I kept telling myself when we first put J in daycare.
I had to close my eyes and not look when I saw J picked up a toy that another kid w/ snot dripping out of his nose biting on it
40.gif

Burk--
Hehe...yup, they do go crazy for those stickers. The big ones are easy to spot, but the small ones can be overlooked.
I was cheap and got her this pack of 2000 stickers for $3. You get what you paid for cuz some of the stickers were smaller than top of a kid''s crayon.
J goes crazy for bandaids too. She''ll pretend like she has a scratch on her leg and ask for her "dora ban aid". And when she sees a scratch on us, she''ll ask for one too.
How is ms T doing? Still getting her nebulizer treatment?
I hope winter is not as bad for her this year.

MrsS--
Poor Jake. Glad your staircase is carpeted. That was one of the reason DH insisted that we carpet the house.
So you didn''t put a gate up on the stair? We bought one almost a year ago and it is just sitting in the storage room right now.
J is pretty good about going up and down the stairs when we are around, but there was that one time that she came down the stair from her afternoon nap w/o my knowing.
I was in the kitchen cleaning up when she went down. It made my heart skip a beat when I turned around and she was standing right behind me.

If I were a baby, I''d probably be freaked out about santa too.
This big jolly guy in a red suit with his face concealed with white hair and all you can see is his beady eyes.
I haven''t taken J to see santa yet, so I don''t know how receptive she is of him, though she does know what santa looks like as in cartoon and drawings.
Have fun at the sleigh event!
Be sure to take pictures.
Are you going to put Jake in his santa hat again this year?

Snlee-
Oh poor D. thank goodness he didn''t chip his teeth.
Ok, hearing you guys telling stories of your little ones taking a tumble is making me feel not too bad about J''s 3 tumble off our elevated master bed :razz:

Bobo--
Haha....that''s one way.
Maybe I should get drunk too.
We''ve been trying but no luck.
I just met w/ my specialist and will have follow-up tests done.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Bobo
LOL on getting you drunk. We kept telling our friend to get her DH drunk for baby #2, since he didn''t want another kid now that their first is 9 yrs old.

lili
M isn''t taking any medication, hasn''t since she finished her antibiotics for the pneumonia.
Yeah it''s kind of nice to get some free stuffs. With M, there were no hand-me-down clothes since she is the only girl in our immediate family.
What''s the next step usually after the tests?

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Janine - James is now 17 months old and so much fun.

Burk - Thanks! I''m sure I''ll be fine but it''s nerve-wracking.

Mrs S. - I''m sorry about Jake''s fall. I''m so glad that he wasn''t hurt! We have basement stairs, but we keep the door shut and the entrance to the kitchen (where the stairs are) gated so James can''t get to them yet.

Mrs M. - I cringe when James bumps his head too. We have hardwood floors and sometimes he''ll be running and then his feet will slip out from under him and he''ll fall with a huge thud only to get right back up and keep going.
32.gif
Kids are so resiliant!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
yikes mrs s...that''s so scary!! glad that jake is ok after his tumble!

snlee: i came home from work a couple weeks ago and coby was a bloody mess. he had somehow torn the top part of his gum away from his lip when the sitter was there. she didn''t even know how he did it. but OMG...i can''t believe how much it bled (and KEPT re-opening all day!). i''m glad d is ok though! oh, and i''m glad you''re feeling better too. i''m so impressed by your shopping!

reading all of your stories about christmas trees has made me thankful to be jewish, because i bet that coby would be trying to CLIMB the tree (he climbs everything else in sight, that''s for sure)... but they are so beautiful so i''m definitely jealous!

thanks for all the support with the party. i seriously can''t wait until it''s OVER.

diver, that is TOO FUNNY about jake and his chewing (for us, anyway). maybe not so funny for you!

today we woke up to poop seriously adhered to one of the dog''s butts. dh tried to use baby wipes to get it off, then he brought out the scissors. at that point, we had to bring the dog into our shower for a total hosedown. AAARRRGH. (but hey, at least she hasn''t peed on any furniture for the past 24 hours).

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks all for the well wishes for Jake. He really is fine.

lili-I had gates up forever but we taught Jake how to go up and down and he always crawls up or crawls down so there was never any risk of him falling. Plus, it really is a pretty short distance so I figured he''d figure it out by trial and error. It''s only been the last few days that he wants to walk down them but today was the first time he''s attempted to do it solo. Well, now that I think of it, he has been practicing the walk down alone by just going up one step that leads from our bonus room to the bedrooms upstairs. He''ll walk up one step, turn around and walk down the step back to the floor. he''s off balance but stay''s up on his feet. that is the only reason I can think of that he attempted the big stairs by himself. My hubby was home with him tonight and said Jake went up and down the stairs several times and crawled every time so hopefully the fall taught him that his little legs just aren''t long enough to handle walking by himself.

qt-I''m sorry meena fell down stairs too. most of the time I really do think it scares them more than anything and us too of course. I''m glad she''s okay too.

snlee-jake has been on the edge of the stairs facing backwards too. so scary. jake also likes to climb up onto things i.e my kitchen table and then stand up and walk to the edge
32.gif
he hasn''t fallen off the table yet and I just have to hawk watch him b/c he is such a monkey boy. Neither of my girls climbed on things the way Jake does.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Miracle Blanket vs. Muslin Swaddle Blanket
Which did you prefer? I use the cheapie Carter''s receiving blankets for M, and she started breaking out of them pretty early on, like around 3-4 weeks. We basically stopped swaddling her then, and she was fine. So I am wondering if the miracle blanket will be worth it for baby #2, or if I should just get the Aden & Anais swaddling blanket since they can be use for other purposes. Opinions?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results