shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish this one was in better focus b/c it is so cute.

T9929.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite.

TT9929.jpg

MissChi

Rough_Rock
Burk - I taught middle school for two years - Reading, English, and Advisory - in the midwest. We were relocated to some place very warm :) for my husband's job and so I moved down to elementary. I taught 2nd and 3rd for a few years. I liked them both for different reasons. I will most likely go back to teaching when we are done having kids (we still aren't sure if we want 2 or 3) and they are all in school. My dream job would be to do something like you are doing - teaching part time or job sharing. Job sharing seems to be very popular where we're living right now, but not so much in the midwest? Although hopefully by then we'll be back in the midwest! If only we didn't buy our current house at the height of the housing market...
7.gif

qtiekiki - Well, technically Trevor will be 15 months tomorrow too... so it looks like our kids are exactly a month a part! I said he was 15 months before just so I didn't have to write 14 months 26 days or whatever. ;-)

Yes, I guess we are pretty busy during the week. I try to have something to do everyday (even if it's just errands) to get out of the house.

Honestly, Trevor didn't really start loving books until he turned a year old. Before that all he would want to do is flip pages too. I just started leaving books out where he plays (instead of just in his room on his bookshelf) and I would notice that he started to become more and more interested. Also, I was trying to wean him from breastfeeding at night and so my husband started reading him books right before bed as a distraction. We also found that he really liked books by Sandra Boynton (maybe the rhyming patterns?) and so we bought a bunch of those. Now he will go in his room and choose a book and bring it to either my husband or I to read it to him. I never imagined that happening before!

Tacori - Tessa is adorable! What great pics!

Again to everyone else, thanks for welcoming me to your board!

Trevor is going to be a spider for Halloween. I wanted him to be a dinosaur because sometimes we call him T-Rev (like T-Rex), but every costume I found was too warm for where we live. The spider doesn't have arms or legs, so I figured I could dress him accordingly.

Also, I love when they start counting! Trevor just started this week and he will say, "two, eight, and ten" with us. Not sure how they all choose their random numbers!

Question - Trevor is generally a very happy kid. But, when he wakes up (in the morning and after both of his naps) is usually when he struggles. It seems that no matter what we do, he wakes up crying. And it's not just a little cry... I mean pretty much all out hysterics. I have done some researching on the topic and it seems that other people's kids do this too, but no one seems to have the answer or suggestions on what to do. I feel like we've tried everything. Most of the time we will just hold him until he calms down and then he is totally fine. Very odd. I guess my question is just if anyone else's child does this too...

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Tacori As usual, adorable Tessa pics. She really looks like you!

Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing great, and that the babies are STTN, and that the preggo moms are feeling well.
35.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
hi mommies....i am so behind. things have been super crazy around here lately.
just had to peek in and comment...

lili i double double love your AV...what an adorable little girl she is!!!

tacori T is one of the most beautiful little girls i have ever seen. she is just gorgeous!!! love the pics!!

i''ll try to catch up in a bit. hope all is well with everyone!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Hi mommies! My first post "officially" in this thread...I have a ONE year old!

Happy 1st birthday to Chloe!

janine, I hope you find us! Can't wait to see pictures from her party! I'm glad it went well!

MissChi, welcome!

Tacori, good to see you. Tessa is beautiful!

D's 1st birthday party was great! He didn't know what was going on but enjoyed being spoiled with attention and gifts! He had fun opening his gifts but at cake time he was tired. He feed himself some cake and everyone had fun watching him then he took a much needed 1.5 hour nap. When he woke up, most of my family was still here. They like to hang around and never leave my house!
3.gif

Don't have much time to catch up now. Things are really busy right now. Work is super busy and I'm off on a one week vacation on Thursday! Can't wait! I haven't been anywhere for almost 2 years. It'll be nice to spend some time with DH but I'm going to miss my baby soooo much!

Question about periods after pregnancy/BFing. Did your cycles go back to normal? AF recently returned and I am disappointed I just had a 43 day cycle. Sucks when we want to TTC.

I need to go pack now. I am so behind! Hope to catch up soon! Hope all the mommies and toddlers are doing well!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
my poor attempt to catch up...

burk so cute that T counts. she''ll be getting all her numbers down soon. B is a counting machine. i handle the finances in the family, so when B sees me counting money, he tells me to slow down so that he can count too. haha. i give him monopoly money to count when he sees me counting money. bid u/s friday!!! i am super excited for you!

tgal amelia will be talking like crazy soon enough! but that is so funny that your nanny says she''s speaking korean and your mom thinks she''s speaking spanish. some of our friends'' kids are bilingual at home and they were later to speak as well, but they talk in full blown sentences now, so it''s most likely nothing to be worried about.

jas12 sounds like Co is doing very well!! it is so fun when you can totally have a conversation with him. hope your grandma is ok too.

lili again, LOVE LOVE LOVE the AV...so cute!!

mrsS hope you and the kids are doing well!!

janine how is your 1 year old?

snlee glad to hear that D''s party was a success!! have a great time on your trip. my cycles were all over the place from BFing. but once i stopped, it took about 2 months for it to kinda go back to normal. so i really have no advice there. but YAY for TTC!!!

not much to report here...B''s still being B...loving his mommy and little brother like crazy, still asking for his puppy, singing more and more songs (i''m starting to teach him some christmas songs hoping he''ll know them by christmas), still asking why all the time, and learning new something new everyday.
i brought him to the gym today and the lady asked about what he did in the morning, and by the time i was done working out, they were still talking about what he did in the morning. it was so funny. so i told him we had to go, and he told me he wasn''t done so just hang out for a sec. haha!! i say that to him all the time. then the lady asked me again if i was sure he wasn''t even 2 yet. she was just amazed at how much he was talking. it was pretty funny.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2009 10:00:09 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
This is my favorite.
30.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Adorable T pictures Tacori-! and of course the new avi
30.gif

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone
35.gif

I am new and post in the newborns thread (and lurk here since I also have a 4 yr old--little too old for this thread) but I had to come out and say

Tacori, Tessa is simply GORGEOUS. You are one lucky mama!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~ beautiful pics and I think she looks alot like you too! That dress is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing :)

Qtiekiki: M already says daddy? that''s so cute!

Snlee: Great about D''s party! At least he ate the cake, C smashed it and then wanted out of the chair. I think she was confused by so many people singing at her...she looked at me and I was singing too and I think she was like "what IS this?" Ah well...Oh and I bet you''re so excited for your vacay!!

puffy: sounds like B is doing amazing..

TGAL: any new thoughts on daycare?

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT--
J weighs the same as M.
So, how is that J looks chubbier -- ie a pot belly?
Maybe M is taller?

Tacori--
I love these pictures.
T is gorgeous.
That last picture is magazine beautiful -- of course it helps that the model is a beauty.
Hope things slow down a bit for you.

MissChi--
Sorry to hear that.
Has Trevor been waking up crying since the beginning? Or did it just start recently?
Hope you find some answers.

Snlee--
My cycles were indeed longer when I was BFing.
Because I kinda slow weaned (since I was going 2 feedings a day for a month or so), my cycle went back to pre-preggo a month after I weaned.
How many cycles has it been since birth already for you?

Puffy--
Thanks.
Haha....B sure is a talker.
Soon, he''s going to have another pair or ears to listen to him :D

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!!

MissChi, I am from the midwest too but am loving the south. Welcome to our thread. Trevor is about to change SO fast. Enjoy every little moment. Tessa doesn''t LOVE to be read too. Most the time she likes to sit by herself and look trough the books herself. She is an odd ball. I still have to figure out a halloween custom for T and plan her 2nd b-day party. T always wakes up happy but I have friends with kids that ALWAYS wake up crying. I think it is normal. Or let me put it this way, not sure there is anything you can do. Maybe he is having bad dreams.

iluv, thanks friend. Hope you are doing well.

puffy, you are so sweet. She is a pretty little girl but I am so bias. B is a special boy. I am amazed by all your stories.

snlee, thanks! Glad his party went well. Did you put up pictures? Have a great vacation. You DESERVE it! I am not sure about my cycles since I have been on BC since I weened. If it makes you feel better I conceived T on a 40+ day cycle.

TGal, thanks
16.gif

Jas12, thank you!

Penelope, thanks! I am lucky but don''t let her angelic look fool ya! She is spunky.

Janine, thanks! You will have to let me know if C likes that walker. Can you believe I got that dress at Marshall''s for $20?!? It even came with a matching doll dress. It was around easter so if C is ever a flower girl check there. I remember T looking taken aback when everyone sang happy birthday to her too.

Lili, love your new AV. Adorable. I will frame the last one for sure. I love it! Thanks for the compliments.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Snlee--
Duh, just read back your post about AF recently returning.
Mine was about a week longer than pre-preggo when it returned too.
Mine didn't go back to normal until a month after I weaned.

Jas12--
Forgot to say how cute and grown up Co is to call you "mom" ^.^

Tacori--
That's a steal for that dress!
And you can reuse it later for Easter (if she doesn't grow too fast :)
How large are you going to make that print to frame?

MissChi

Rough_Rock
snlee - Glad that D''s party was a sucess for you. What was his favorite gift? I bf''ed Trevor until he was 14.5 months (so up until a few weeks ago). However, my period returned when he was about 11.5 months old. The first few cycles were definitely different - either super light or super long. A few months later though, things seem to be returning to normal. Exciting that you are TTC#2! We''re planning on waiting until T is a little older... probably sometime in the spring.

puffy - Your little B sounds adorable! He sounds like a mama''s boy like my T... and I love mama''s boys!
2.gif
It''s very cute that he''s so excited about his soon to be brother! When are you due? I would definitely like a girl someday, but also think it would be so special for my son to have a little brother. That''s why we''re still undecided if we want 2 or 3. How about you?

PenelopeJane - To answer you question in the other thread... my son''s name is Trevor. I was a teacher for 5 years (prior to having him) and so I wanted a name that none of my students had. His middle name is the same as my husband''s.

lili - His waking up crying thing used to be on and off. Now it''s all the time. We''re hoping it''s just a stage and that he''ll eventually outgrow it. By the way, I love your daughter''s "stink face." Too cute!

Tacori - How long have you lived in the south for? It''s been about 4 years since we relocated. It''s hard because my family is still back "home." Luckily I see them often, but I know it will change when my son turns 2 and we have to start paying for tickets. Also, I can''t really imagine traveling by myself with 2... and that is probably going to happen in the next year and a half or so. I''m really hoping that by the time Trevor turns 5 (and is ready for kindergarten) that we''ll be back there.

I agree with you on them changing so quickly. I was just talking to my close friend yesterday about how I feel that he''s made such a jump from 12 to 15 months. He''s becoming such a little man right before my eyes. I definitely try to hold onto every moment that I can.

That''s awesome that you got Tessa''s dress for $20! I LOVE bargains and am always on the hunt for great deals!
2.gif
I was also thinking that your last picture of her is a definite framer! You have a beautiful daughter!

Also, thanks for letting me know that you have friends'' kids that do the whole waking up crying thing too. It helps a little to know that we''re not alone!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tacori
Tessa is BEAUTIFUL.

MissChi
Yeah I don''t expect you to give the exact age to the days for Trevor, but I just said that M is 14 months is tomorrow since it''s tomorrow.
I really should get better at just getting out of the house on weekend with M. I just hate having to close all the windows and do the alarm when I take her out by myself.
How cute that he chooses and brings you guys the book. M just likes to take all her books off the shelf and flip through the pages by herself. She can''t sit still for the actual reading.
I don''t know if there''s much you can do about Trevor waking up crying. Maybe he just misses his mommy.
The spider costume sounds cute. Is the body kind of plush? Just asking b/c M was a little duckie last year, and she got really hot in since it was plushy on the body even though it was sleeveless.
When are you planning to have baby #2?

Hi, iluvcarats. How are you?

Gotta go home now. Will continue later.

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Just popping in to say Tacori- I saw your new avi over in the pregggo thread and HAD to come over here to say how unbelievably adorable Tessa is!!!! Oh my goodness, what a babydoll!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
lili~I need to get some stuff taped and posted. I promise to do so ASAP. I FINALLY just uploaded my pics from the fair that we went to weeks ago.
20.gif
I don''t think I mentioned yet, but I LOVE the avi!

QT~Oh, I didn''t realize your DH was still set on being surprised. At least you would be able to concentrate on the name you "really" need.
16.gif
She has said "3" correctly pretty much every time the past couple days and cheers each time. Too funny.

Tacori~I said it on the other site, but I need to say again how much I love the pics of Miss Tessa as a flower girl. Such a doll!!

MissChi~I''m not sure if you knew or not, but we''re in the midwest. I don''t know of any schools that job share around here (which is kind of unfortunate because that might be nice)but my school is pretty good about part-time. I really like my schedule. I am hoping I''ll teach in the mornings next year instead of afternoons, but I think part days are a really a great combo for both T and I. Maybe if you make it back around these parts you''ll be able to get a good part-time position! Oh, and boy can I feel your pain about the house market. Our house is still for sale and we''ll be breaking ground on our new house soon.
7.gif
As for poor Trevor waking up unhappy, my nephew is the same way. He ALWAYS wakes up unhappy. I think you''re really doing all you can by trying to just get him calm. I would use any distraction you can think of.

snlee~Not sure if you remember but all my cycles were 40 days plus after I went off BC post T. Somehow I got preggo?!? Try not to stress about it effecting TTC.

puffy~T is a piece of work. I am almost certain she was refusing to say "three" just to get a rise out of us because she''s been saying it correctly the past two days and claps and cheers for herself when she''s done. She totally knows what she''s doing! Funny about monopoly money to help you do the finances. You''re going to have quite the money man there!

Not much new with us. I still feel terrible. Luckily tomorrow is my last day for the work week. We have the u/s Friday morning and then I have a hair appt. and a volleyball tourney. I''m so looking forward to a "3 day weekend" even though I have VB Friday and Saturday. DH will be bringing T both days.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey ladies,

heading to bed but wanted to pop in and say tacori, the pics of tessa are beautiful.

jake is still sick and now Lily has a fever...long day today for all of us. will try and catch up with everyone tomorrow.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
lili B is a taker for sure!! he reads to his brother, well he tries to read, but he just makes up stories based on the pictures. haha. and he felt his brother kick the other day and now he can''t get enough of it. he will ask all through out the day is brother is kicking and place his hands all over my belly. how is J doing?

tacori are you ready to have a 2 year old on your hands? i can''t believe T''s going to be 2 next month!! how is T? how are you?

misschi i LOVE that B is a mama''s boy, i admit it!! i''m due at the end of december, and B will be 2 in the beginning of december. DH wants at least 3 kids, but i think that i would be happy with 3 at most. i admit that i did hope that this little guy would be a little girl, but i love that i''m going to have 2 boys just cause i know B would love a 24/7 play buddy, and i am excited to watch him teach his baby brother everything he knows. when would you TTC?

burk haha, that''s so funny that T is cheering for herself. she definitely is a character, i am sure. so weird, B LOVES money!! when he sees me paying for things, or getting my wallet out, he HAS to be the one to hand the money over to the cashier. and he tells them, $10, or $20 etc. so strange. the cashiers think it''s the funniest thing in the world, but then i have to clean his hands after, every time!! that''s a PITA! hope you get to feeling better! i can''t wait to hear what you are having. what do you feel like you''re having?

B''s got most of jingle bells down. it''s so funny, he goes around singing jingle bells to everyone in october!! haha.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
snlee
Sounds like D had a good time at his birthday party. Our family like to hang around the house too. For M's party, they were there from 4pm - 11pm.
AF post-breastfedding: I got my AF back when M was 6 months and still breastfeeding, and I had 28 days cycle like pre-pregnancy. I got pregnant 3 cycles later still breastfeeding. Just b/c the cycle was long, doesn't mean you didn't ovulate. Hope your cycles get more regular.
Have fun on your vacation. We have yet to go anywhere without M.

puffy
How funny that B makes you wait for him to finish his conversation. I am always amazed by your stories about B. He is a genius.

janine
Yeah M actually says "daddy"... well more like "daady". I think it's b/c I kept calling daddy one time when I was trying to get DH to take M out of the shower.

lili
M has a belly too. I don't think J is chubbier than M. How tall is J? M is 30.5".

Burk
Yeah DH still wants to be surprised.
Can't wait to find out if you are having a boy or girl.

MrsS
Hope Jake and Lily feel better soon. Poor things.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I caved and bought a first response test b/c i was just too curious...
& it was a faint line...but a line nonetheless. I am due with # 2 on June 12th
EEEEEEKKKKKKKK
23.gif
4.gif

(p.s--don''t mention anything on FB--not goin public for a while
4.gif
)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Jas!!! I am so excited for you.

Can''t believe the due date are in June now.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mrss~Oh no! Sorry your poor kiddos are not better! Hope they're on the mend!!

puffy~T likes to hand the money to the cashier too. She says "I do it."
20.gif
It is quite a PITA always worrying about hand washing but def. better safe than sorry. I feel like there's a boy in there but I thought T was a boy so I don't trust my instincts at all.
9.gif
LOL to Jingle Bells!

QT~Well at least you'll still be to know what to plan for even if your DH wants the surprise. We seriously considered both being surprised but then realized there was no way I could NOT plan.

Jas12!!!! YAY!!!!
36.gif
Congrats! So exciting!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 9:23:14 AM
Author: Jas12

EEEEEEKKKKKKKK
23.gif
4.gif

Holy cow, Jas!!! Congrats!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas12- a huge congrats!!! soooooo exciting!

thanks for the well wishes for my sick kiddo''s. lily still has a low grade fever, Jake is doing better but still has a runny nose and now my hubby is running a fever and has the chills
14.gif
. I got my flu shot last week so hopefully if that is what''s going around I''m covered, unless its the H1N1
40.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
congrats Jas12, that was quick!!! Guess you''ll only have to worry about working a few more months then!

So many preggos here now, hope we don''t have to split thread again
emwink.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys...i am still in shock and it''s early so i don''t think i''ve allowed myself to get super excited yet...but i will.
1.gif

Ugh, MrsS. I hope you don''t get sick too. Your poor fam. I say rent a movie, get out the blankets & chicken soup and rest up!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Jas! I am so thrilled for you! Great time of year to have a tot!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 9:23:14 AM
Author: Jas12

EEEEEEKKKKKKKK
23.gif
4.gif

(p.s--don't mention anything on FB--not goin public for a while
4.gif
)

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Jas, so happy for you.
That's a great time to have a baby.