shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Jon has been crying bloody murder all day n night...I am literally going insane...so angry with myself for willingly inflicting this pain on him...I just don''t know what to do.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
NYC - I was thinking of you today. Don''t be angry with yourself over it. He''ll feel better soon enough. Hopefully someone else has advice on how to make him stop screaming. Hugs.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks blen...I can''t help but be angry at myself and I don''t even wanna talk to anyone bc of my anger. I just sit and hysterically cry knowing that my son is in pain and we did this to him. I duno how to help him and its so devastating to me...the worst feeling in the world. My sis was there during ther procedure and she can''t get over it even still..she said it was absolutley the worst thing she''s ever seen and she would def never recommend doing it again...even more devastated hearing that...urgh...just venting bc u guys are always there for me and it helps.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Sweetie, huge hugs from me.

Do you have anything like infant Calpol in the US - it''s a liquid painkiller for babies that we have over here?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
nyc, sorry to hear it''s been so tough.
8.gif

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
My friend just had her baby boy 3 days ago and I showed up to visit them in the hospital right after he''d gotten circumsized. He wasn''t crying at all. Why does this affect some babies, but not others?

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
we had B circumcised the day after he was born. i didn''t see the procedure, but DH was there when the doc did it, and he said that B did not cry at all, and he never cried like he was in pain after we had it done. but we also know a friend who had their 2 month old circumcised and it was absolute hell for the baby.

nyc i''m so sorry that you have to go through this. it is the worse feeling in the world knowing that your kid is in pain and there is basically nothing you can do about it. HUGS sweetie!! i hope he will be fine.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora- thanks...hugs are so needed right now!...
I duno if they have that painkiller but nothing was prescribed, they have to take him tom to have it checked out and we see what he says. He seems to have calmed down...I say seems bc I haven''t hardly left my room...is it wrong that I can''t comfort or even be near him right now bc im totally unstable at this point? I knew it would happen and I warned dh that he''d have to be there for him bc I knew I couldn''t...but I really never thought this would affect me this badly. Im a total wreck. I know I will get over it but i can''t right now.

Thanks Tgal!

Court/puffy-
yeh I guess diff babies are affected differently. Im hoping it was just a mixture of uncomfort and gas and not too much pain. I pray its better tom and heals quickly...afterall that''s all I can do at this point. Thanks.

My mom obviously doesn''t understand my intense pain and feelings and she thinks im a bad mom at this point bc im not soothing or taking care of my kids...but I just can''t right now bc my kids feed off of energy and mine is not what they need right now. When u do everything in ur power to conceive ur babies and carry them thru and then have to sit there and watch pain being inflicted on them by ur wish....I just can''t express what that''s like for me. Maybe im over emotional (we all know that by now) but honestly the worst feeling in the world.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 1:12:09 AM
Author: nycbkgirl
Pandora- thanks...hugs are so needed right now!...
I duno if they have that painkiller but nothing was prescribed, they have to take him tom to have it checked out and we see what he says. He seems to have calmed down...I say seems bc I haven''t hardly left my room...is it wrong that I can''t comfort or even be near him right now bc im totally unstable at this point? I knew it would happen and I warned dh that he''d have to be there for him bc I knew I couldn''t...but I really never thought this would affect me this badly. Im a total wreck. I know I will get over it but i can''t right now.

Thanks Tgal!

Court/puffy-
yeh I guess diff babies are affected differently. Im hoping it was just a mixture of uncomfort and gas and not too much pain. I pray its better tom and heals quickly...afterall that''s all I can do at this point. Thanks.

My mom obviously doesn''t understand my intense pain and feelings and she thinks im a bad mom at this point bc im not soothing or taking care of my kids...but I just can''t right now bc my kids feed off of energy and mine is not what they need right now. When u do everything in ur power to conceive ur babies and carry them thru and then have to sit there and watch pain being inflicted on them by ur wish....I just can''t express what that''s like for me. Maybe im over emotional (we all know that by now) but honestly the worst feeling in the world.
I''m so sorry you feel so bad. You''re not over-emotional: the urge to protect your child from harm and danger is an evolutionary tactic to stop them being abandoned or eaten by sabre toothed tigers and not something you can easily control.

Maybe what Jon needs most at the moment is his mummy? You are the person he has been closest to over the last 10 months and the person he will turn to above all others at the moment for comfort.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My angel baby has returned - woke up every 4 hours for a 20 minute feed and straight back to bed. Happy days!
1.gif

Grace May, Daisy's new step-cousin (FIL's 2nd wife's grandchild) was born at 8am this morning! There is a complete baby boom round here at the moment - and ALL of them are girls so far. My FSIL is expecting a girl in September and my BFF a girl in November.

My brother and his wife are expecting their first baby at the end of January. They only got married on the 23rd May and found out she was KTFU two days later.

My sister told her 4 year old daughter who turned round and said "What, ALREADY!!"
31.gif
My grandmother would be proud: she has a codicil in her will that disinherits any child born out of wedlock
20.gif
- the really sad thing is that there is nothing to inherit...
9.gif
. My brother was worried if it applied to concieved out of wedlock as well...

I had a conversation with her once about DH and I possibly having a baby even if we didn't ever get married - a letter promptly arrived a few days later: "I am most troubled and distressed by your talk of having progeny out of wedlock. I would so much prefer to think of you as a wife and mother than as some kind of broodmare!"
23.gif

I'm almost tempted to frame that one - she is in her nineties though...
9.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 1:19:07 PM
Author: cdt1101
he wants to eat every 3 hours, takes an hour to feed and burp, then fall asleep. So he sleeps for 2 hours and the cycle starts again.

This is where I''m at....but Romeo rarely sleeps for 2 hrs. More like 45 mins to an hour after we finish the feed/burp/change routine which is close to 1.5 - 2 hrs for us!

That why I''m barely here these days. Miss yous!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t find the time to post on here as much as I''d like! Alila is so fussy during the day lately. Luckily, she''s sleeping great at night. Last night she slept 7.5 hours and then 4. Ahh..that was nice.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi, just checking in to say hello--I haven''t been able to keep up with this thread as much, especially since I feel like such an old mommy next to all the cute newborns!

anyway, hope everyone had a great first father''s day! I got DH a card and made him breakfast so he had a surprise when he came downstairs. Gave C the card to give to her daddy, but she wouldn''t let it go and then put it in her mouth!
emsmile.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 11:16:30 AM
Author: janinegirly
hi, just checking in to say hello--I haven''t been able to keep up with this thread as much, especially since I feel like such an old mommy next to all the cute newborns!

anyway, hope everyone had a great first father''s day! I got DH a card and made him breakfast so he had a surprise when he came downstairs. Gave C the card to give to her daddy, but she wouldn''t let it go and then put it in her mouth!
emsmile.gif
Janine -- nothing like a drool-covered card to tell Daddy ya'' love him! I feel the same way about being an "old" mommy...it''s like I''m in limbo between the two baby threads. I think it was you, me, and snlee in a weird little gap between baby booms.

Mela -- nice of you to check in! You are in the thick of it, honey. Hang in there!

L. has graduated from trying to eat kibble (and I swear he loves the stuff) to trying to eat the dirt in the houseplants. (Don''t worry, I don''t let him near it.) It''s fun having 2 little crawlers...I''ve started putting swiffer pads on their shirts and putting them to work!
2.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
nyc - I hope things are going better for you today. Kyle never seemed in pain either, so it might just be that Jon is uncomfortable and being fussy.

Pandora - Yea for the sleep gods returning! Goota love those big smiles, they make everything better
9.gif

And Hi to all the other mommies!

Kyle can now grab his feet with his hands. This has made diaper changing a whole new challenge... But he slept from 8:30pm to 5:30am last night without a peep!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks pandora/Mgal!-
Hopefully today will be a better day...im feeling better and jon seems more content...urgh what an experience...
Wooohoo to both of u for lots of sleep! Sending lots more good sleep vibes ;-)

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
My feeble attempt to catch up -

I also live in the midwest and daycare costs are lower here compared to most places. Our in-home sitter has a sort of sliding scale for her fees. It''s $45/day for days 1-3 or $175/week. James usually goes between two and three times a week so we save some money there. Both of the center-based places we looked were $210/week with no part-time care available - so you pay whether the kid is there or not. BOO!

35.gif
NYC. I''m sorry that you''re struggling right now. I agree that maybe your son really needs you more than anybody right now. I know James is like that when he''s not feeling well. There''s just nobody like mommy. Big hugs, sweetie.

Hey MRS!

CDT - I had a vaginal delivery and James was sunny-side up and actually broke my tailbone on his way out
32.gif
It still hurts if I sit for too long but it''s not too bad anymore.

PANDORA - my stockings are closed-toe, which I hate because I feel like my toes are squished. I may go back to the pharmacy where I got them and see if they have any that are open-toed. How do you even get these things all the way up!? I struggle getting them on and they only go up to the knee!

In other news, DH and I were planning on TTC in a few weeks, but the blood thinner I''m on is not compatible with pregnancy. I will be on the medication for at least six months, so we''re obviously holding off. Also, I can''t use any hormonal birthcontrol and I''m allergic to spermicide so we''re "stuck" with condoms. Ugh.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diva I''m glad to hear that you are doing better, but pooey on having to put TTC on hold! My friend had a similar issue with BDP but her clot was in her neck. I hope you feel 100% soon! And LOL at the stockings, I wore them when I was pregnant and I agree they are IMPOSSIBLE to pull on!!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
hey ladies!!

Pandora - I missed your post yesterday. Sorry to hear your back pain is back and worse!! Totally sucks. Hope you can figure out the pain meds to help!!

NYC - I'm glad Jon seems to be doing better today. Just know that he won't remember any of this, and now it's done! You can move forward now and everything will be okay
1.gif

Diva - I remember reading that you cracked your tailbone! Mine is absolutely killing me since last night, it's getting worse rather than better! I go next month for my post op check up, so we'll see what my doc says!

Mela - the feeding schedule is KILLING me! hehehe....how selfish of me right? But seriously, I feel like all Lex does is eat! He always seems to be hungry. Most times I hold him, he's eating my arm??? This kid is going to be HUGE in no time!

As for us, it wasn't a good night at all! Lex has TERRIBLE gas!! And I mean not only is it constant, but it smells like a sewer! I mean seriously bad! He cries for hours because of it. I don't think the soy formula is for us either. Burk, if you're lurking, we picked up the Alimentum today and are giving it a go! Now I just have to get those drops you posted because the Mylicon isn't working either. Fun times!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Diva- thanks! yeh i think today is better and it felt good having jon in my arms again! im stiill upset but i need my baby and he needs me! sorry about the hold on ttc..but it will happen in no time
2.gif
...bless u for wanting to do this alllll overrrr again LOL
3.gif

CDT- ugh sorry its not going well with the gas...def change the form and use the drops...i would alternate with the mylicon (after feedings) and gripe water..and u can try the drops i posted too..they are available at BRU also. good luck...keep us posted!

AFM- i did go to the moehl to check on the circ and everything is fine....he said to only use powder today and give him a 15mins soak tonite and thats it...starting tom no creams or powders....i peeked a glance at it and i was terrified
6.gif
...it looks like a pile of mess ...i hope it heals quick bc i cant stand looking at it!! he seems more content ...still has his moments but all in all just wanna get thru this week and forget this ever happened!! thanks again everyone for ur support!

i will be switching to the gentleease tom ...jackie seems to be fussy again and spitting up...duno what to do so figure will try the milk change.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Diva, I''m also sorry that you''re having to put TTC on hold.

NYC - big, big hugs.

Mela - miss you too!

Janine - lol about the drool covered card.

Pandora/MGal - glad to hear sleep''s going better.

CDT - ouch. That sounds painful.
40.gif

George has been very frustrating today - he keeps sucking on his hand and acting hungry but doesn''t want to eat, and I''ve been pretty engorged on and off all day (working from home today). We finally just had a good feeding, but jeeez.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 11:33:06 AM
Author: jas
I''ve started putting swiffer pads on their shirts and putting them to work!
2.gif

Now THAT is an idea I can get behind! I like the way you think...

Just a drive by for us-I haven''t been around lately because we have been SO busy. I am trying to write my prelim and finish a book chapter in addition to raising twins, buying a house, and coordinating our move out west.
3.gif

We''re still in job purgatory-DH has the verbal offer but the written one is still going through the layers upon layers of bureaucracy that comes with government jobs. But we FINALLY heard today that HR should be calling tomorrow and faxing over the offer. FINALLY! We really needed this-I have been worried sick about it because we are really getting down to the deadline on the house we are under contract on. Phew!

I am flying out on Friday to go do inspections at our new house-maybe without my boys! As of right now we booked a ticket for just me because we weren''t sure if we''d have the paper offer in time to book through their travel agency and we couldn''t risk having to pay some obscene amount for a plane ticket for me. But since we''ll have the offer letter-DH and the babies might be able to come with me which would be great! Otherwise I need to leave all my men at home.
7.gif

Anyway-the boys are 6 months already! Here is one of their pictures-Dex on the left Max on the right:

IMG_1471_web222.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh sorry that was so big everyone!

I hope all the new mommies are hanging in there-it''s tough the first few weeks but I promise the fog lifts!!!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
NYC, I'm glad Jon is feeling better. I know this is so hard on you and I can't wait for it to be completely healed so you can move on.

Pandora, I wanted to tell you...I tried Tramadol the other day and it just seemed to make me sleepy. Hydrocodone usually helps me and I can function well on it.

Blen, I feel you on the frustrating feeding stuff. I know I've said this before, but I may stop BFing soon if it doesn't improve. Every time I say that it improves. lol Alila is pulling off the breast and fussing. I'm starting to think she's just sick of it and only wants the bottle. Maybe we've given her bottles too often and she's liking them more. Makes me a little sad if that's the cause. Do you think George is already teething and that's why he's chewing on his hand? It's wa too early for that, right?

CDT, Poor Lex...I hate that babies have to have such tummy issues!

Diva, oh my gosh, you're tailbone broke?! That HAD to be painful.

Mgal, that's great that he slept that long!

Jas, I'm picturing them swiffering and it's putting ideas in my head for when Alila starts crawling. I like it.

Mela, I hope Romeo starts sleeping longer to give you breaks! We miss your posts around here. Not that I'm a posting queen these days either, but I still lurke when I have a free hand!

Today was a day from hell. My mom got into a car accident. A guy on a motorcycle pulled out in front of my mom and crashed into her windshield. He went flying and hit the pavement (no helmet). My mom was hysterical thinking she killed him. He was ok, thank goodness, but I just keep picturing this happening and how scared my mom was. I just wish I'd been there to take care of her. I'm glad the guy is ok, but I also want to kick him in the face for being so stupid. My mom is shaken up and has some scratches from the airbags. Her car is totalled.

A while after hearing that news, the our AC stopped blowing cool air and it went from 77 to 82 in about 15 minutes. It's about 100 degrees here. I rushed around packing our bags because I obviously can't have a baby sitting in that heat. She was screaming bloody murder while I hurried around. I was so frustrated and a little too fiesty (ask DH). He was at work and thought it help things to tell me to calm down. I let him know that it wouldn't. I had a couple glasses of wine with my mom and Alila cheered her up after her rough day. I'm so glad she's ok...my poor Mama!

ETA, Neat - they are so cute!!! I want to play with them!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 11:11:41 PM
Author: Courtneylub

Blen, I feel you on the frustrating feeding stuff. I know I''ve said this before, but I may stop BFing soon if it doesn''t improve. Every time I say that it improves. lol Alila is pulling off the breast and fussing. I''m starting to think she''s just sick of it and only wants the bottle. Maybe we''ve given her bottles too often and she''s liking them more. Makes me a little sad if that''s the cause. Do you think George is already teething and that''s why he''s chewing on his hand? It''s wa too early for that, right?
Babies usually pull off the boob and fuss when the flow of milk is taking too long to come and they are frustrated and hungry! Usually it takes about 10 seconds to a minute for the first milk let down but sometimes babies are too impatient. Hunter has done this a few times to me, usually when I am in public
20.gif
. When she does that, try switching her to the other side, because her sucking of boob A may stimulate boob B to let down and she will get milk right away. Or else you can try just hand expressing for a few moments before you try to latch her, so that she gets milk sooner. I often try to visualize milk pouring out of my nipple when Hunter acts like this, because tension can actually stop a let down. It seems silly but works! (Not trying to push you to BF if you feel you''ve had enough, just making a suggestion if you want to try it
1.gif
)

Blen, I think lots of babies like to suck and chew on their hands... I don''t think it means they are hungry, at least it doesn''t seem like that with Hunter. He always has his hands in his mouth and it started around the age that George is I think! He will finish eating and then stick his hand in a chew and suck! He sometimes sticks it is so far he gags himself! Little dink.

Court I''m sorry your mom had to go through that! How aweful!

NYC feel better mama, go hug your little boy, it will do you both good.

Neat I luvs them boys! So cute!

Sorry to miss anyone, I am awol looking for a house! We are moving in 3 months, I can''t believe it!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Blenie- thanks as always

Neat- im lovin them boys too
9.gif
...good luck with everything... u are a true inspiration mamma!

Court- what a day
7.gif
...glad everything turned out ok....woot @ wine...i love my kids but they are seriously gonna drive me to drink!
3.gif

tonite the sleep gods looked at us and just spat LOL! ....dh and i are devastated as we speak...both have been up since oh duno 6 ....my eyes are so heavy and patience is sucked out dry! so ? of the day...how do u go on when u physically and emotionally just cant
33.gif
...just thinking about mammas who try for second round of this ...kinda makes me faint lol....it goes like this...me in livin room with jon "sssshhhhh rock rock"....dh in bedroom wit jackie, "sssshhh sshhhh rock rock"....dozey, dozey....in bassinett....whaaaaa.....6pm-1am. anyhoo...i think its quiet for a minute...must go and enjoy!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
forgot to say thanks DD! ...theres a ps moving boom here...good luck with everything!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
neat--cuties and preps at the same time! love that one has hair while the other doesn''t as much--just so you can tell them apart!

so how are you ladies cutting toenails (thought of it when I saw the twins'' cute feet!)? C is ticklish and not letting me touch her feet, even in her sleep! Agh, and the big toenail is at an angle just to make it a little harder...

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Neat -- they are so beautiful! I love their little shorts! They look like they have the best giggles!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 1:38:10 AM
Author: nycbkgirl
tonite the sleep gods looked at us and just spat LOL! ....dh and i are devastated as we speak...both have been up since oh duno 6 ....my eyes are so heavy and patience is sucked out dry! so ? of the day...how do u go on when u physically and emotionally just cant
33.gif
...just thinking about mammas who try for second round of this ...kinda makes me faint lol....it goes like this...me in livin room with jon ''sssshhhhh rock rock''....dh in bedroom wit jackie, ''sssshhh sshhhh rock rock''....dozey, dozey....in bassinett....whaaaaa.....6pm-1am. anyhoo...i think its quiet for a minute...must go and enjoy!

Hey NYC-it''ll get better I promise!

But I''ve got some advice and of course you can take it or leave it...but I don''t think you guys are doing yourselves any favors by each taking one baby. I feel like with twins when they are really young if one is fussy and having sleep issues the other one often is too. If you split the twins up-neither you nor your DH EVER get a break.

If instead you each take a shift where that person has responsibility for BOTH babies-then the other one gets some uninterrupted rest. And the benefit of this is that when one of you is about to break the other one can swoop in and take over. Once my DH and I figured this out things got SOO much easier because we were both getting some sleep.

Plus at some point you need to get used to caring for both of them at the same time. It can be overwhelming at first but once you realize that it won''t kill either of them to cry for a few minutes-I think it makes things a whole lot easier because you feel less guilty about not being able to give each one your full attention. It''s like how second time moms are-so much more relaxed and less stressed about having everything be "perfect".

Another thing-has your doc seen what/how much Jackie and Jon are spitting up? Because I know you are worried about them being fussy and spitting up-but babies are fussy and spit up! All of them! So it''s very possible that what you are worried about is completely normal-and that there is nothing you can do. So if that''s the case you''d want to know so you can stop beating yourself up over it.
2.gif
Obviously I can''t diagnose them so if your doc has seen it and it''s not a normal amount disregard this. But IMO it often seems like babies spit up a lot more than they actually do.

Anyway-take it or leave it-I won''t be offended! But those are just my observations from raising twins!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results