shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm making the leap onto this thread. Unfortunately, our PC died, and I can't figure out how to resize images on our MacBook (anyone know how to do it on iPhoto?), so I don't have any pictures to share yet.

Sweet baby Claire is now 8 days old. Is it crazy that I felt a little sad when she hit one week, like she wouldn't be my cute little newborn forever anymore? It's funny; usually I am as rational as it gets (I'm an INTJ), but being a mother changes you, I guess. I almost couldn't take it when it looked like she was struggling during her tummy time yesterday, but her usually softy daddy said to let her go a little longer.

Anyway, things are going very well, at least according to grandma (my sister's 5 week old is really, really fussy). We're still figuring out the sleeping thing. We have a cosleeper, but we had it across from the foot of our bed, so we had to get out of bed to get her. This led to DH bringing her into bed with us the other night unbeknownst to me, and when the alarm went off to feed her, I couldn't find her! I don't feel comfortable with her in our bed (especially if I don't know she's there), so now we've pulled it up next to DH's side.

We gave in and gave her a pacifier on Thursday. I had heard to wait at least a month, but she wouldn't settle down without something to suck on, even when she obviously wasn't hungry. Now the problem is that she sometimes wakes up when the pacifier falls out of her mouth; hence, the cosleeper right next to DH. He can lean over and pop it back in her mouth. Of course, my concern with this is that we'll never be able to get her into her own room and crib if she needs someone to pop her paci back in for her throughout the night, but we also need to sleep now.

The pediatrician said we could let her go 4-5 hours for a stretch at night, so last night we tried that and we made it from the 10:40 feeding to 3:15 without her waking up, and actually we woke her up with the alarm after that.

I'm very happy that BFing seems to be going well. The last day in the hospital, they said she had lost too much weight (went from 8 lb.to 7 lb. 1 oz), and they had us give her formula and had me pump. I was really glad that I already owned a pump, but it turned out that the next day my milk came in and I didn't need it beyond that day. But it was really stressful and I was worried BFing wouldn't work, so I was glad not to worry about getting/renting a pump that day. Yesterday she was 7 lb. 5 oz and the pediatrician told us we could stop supplementing with formula, to which I happily replied that we hadn't been supplementing at all (except for when we left for two hours to visit our friends who just had a baby in the hospital -- grandma gave her some then).

I look forward to catching up with everyone on here!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 12:41:58 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
I''m making the leap onto this thread. Unfortunately, our PC died, and I can''t figure out how to resize images on our MacBook (anyone know how to do it on iPhoto?), so I don''t have any pictures to share yet.

PheonixGirl, to resize in iPhoto select your photo, then go to File, Export, then for Size select small or medium. Save to desktop or where ever and that should work. Or when you go to Export if it asks you for pixel size or whatever, I think you can size it to 300x500 and that should be a good size. If you''re worried about posting too big of a picture just open up the photo from your desktop after you''ve exported it and under View go to Actual Size. Then you can see how big the post will be.

Hope that helps. I want to see some pics of Miss Claire
9.gif
12.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 12:41:58 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
I''m making the leap onto this thread. Unfortunately, our PC died, and I can''t figure out how to resize images on our MacBook (anyone know how to do it on iPhoto?), so I don''t have any pictures to share yet.

Sweet baby Claire is now 8 days old. Is it crazy that I felt a little sad when she hit one week, like she wouldn''t be my cute little newborn forever anymore? It''s funny; usually I am as rational as it gets (I''m an INTJ), but being a mother changes you, I guess. I almost couldn''t take it when it looked like she was struggling during her tummy time yesterday, but her usually softy daddy said to let her go a little longer.

Anyway, things are going very well, at least according to grandma (my sister''s 5 week old is really, really fussy). We''re still figuring out the sleeping thing. We have a cosleeper, but we had it across from the foot of our bed, so we had to get out of bed to get her. This led to DH bringing her into bed with us the other night unbeknownst to me, and when the alarm went off to feed her, I couldn''t find her! I don''t feel comfortable with her in our bed (especially if I don''t know she''s there), so now we''ve pulled it up next to DH''s side.

We gave in and gave her a pacifier on Thursday. I had heard to wait at least a month, but she wouldn''t settle down without something to suck on, even when she obviously wasn''t hungry. Now the problem is that she sometimes wakes up when the pacifier falls out of her mouth; hence, the cosleeper right next to DH. He can lean over and pop it back in her mouth. Of course, my concern with this is that we''ll never be able to get her into her own room and crib if she needs someone to pop her paci back in for her throughout the night, but we also need to sleep now.

The pediatrician said we could let her go 4-5 hours for a stretch at night, so last night we tried that and we made it from the 10:40 feeding to 3:15 without her waking up, and actually we woke her up with the alarm after that.

I''m very happy that BFing seems to be going well. The last day in the hospital, they said she had lost too much weight (went from 8 lb.to 7 lb. 1 oz), and they had us give her formula and had me pump. I was really glad that I already owned a pump, but it turned out that the next day my milk came in and I didn''t need it beyond that day. But it was really stressful and I was worried BFing wouldn''t work, so I was glad not to worry about getting/renting a pump that day. Yesterday she was 7 lb. 5 oz and the pediatrician told us we could stop supplementing with formula, to which I happily replied that we hadn''t been supplementing at all (except for when we left for two hours to visit our friends who just had a baby in the hospital -- grandma gave her some then).

I look forward to catching up with everyone on here!
Welcome PG! I know just how you feel about being slightly sad that she''s a week old already. It''s crazy how fast the time goes. Daisy will be 6 months in a couple of weeks and it seems like yesterday that I was holding her for the first time. Part of me is really sad, and the other part is really enjoying the interaction I now have - I made a pumpkin lantern tonight and she was so excited and fascinated, total nightmare to take photos though as she was determined to grab it.

Honestly the first 6 weeks are all about survival - just do what it takes to get through and worry about her still having a paci when she''s ten when you get more sorted! Blen, Robbie and I are all bed-sharing (and Sabine?) and finding it great - Dr Sear''s books are very useful on the subject, and on how to eventually evict your child!

Brilliant on the breast-feeding - hope it carries on smoothly for you.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the "other side" Phoenix! Congrats on the arrival of Claire :)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!

happy halloween2.jpg

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Phoenixgirl!!! Can't wait to see pics of Claire (love her name!!).

Mela - Love the pic of you and Romy!! He's so cute!!! Love his frog hate!

Having been around much the past week or so, just trying to enjoy my last month home w/ my baby. I go back to work in a month
39.gif

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

It was rainy here, so we ended up going to the mall for trick or treat..wasn't so successful though since it was just too warm for his costume.

But here a few pics of his multiple changes throughout the day
9.gif

here he is w/ mommy in his 1st Halloween outfit...excuse the crunchy hair...didn't have time to blow dry
3.gif

IMG_12601.jpg

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
His original costume...but way too hot!!

Baby Elephant

IMG_12661.JPG

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
And lastly...SuperBaby made an appearance...hehehe..

Sorry for all the pics..hope you don''t mind!!!

IMG_12721.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Baby Veda this morning in her "Got Candy" Bib (but you know she was really thinking "Got Milk?" I''m on my way to see her at a birthday party in her black and white striped tights, white onesie, with her I love my MUMMY bib on. Tonight she will be dressed as the Statute of Liberty and her Mom and Dad will be Wonder Woman and Captain America...protecting their little statute. Too cute.

Vega Got Candy.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist, thanks so much! It''s hard to get used to a new way of doing things (although I know things with Macs are really easy once you get the hang of it).

Introducing my sweet baby Claire! I know, I know, I have chosen her mohawk picture. She''ll undoubtedly hate me for this when she''s a teenager, but I think it''s super cute.

babyclaireoct312009.jpg

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Happy Halloween! I hope everyone had a fun day with their little ones!

HalloweenP.JPG

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
SO CUTE everyone!!! PS bakes some superCuties!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMGosh, all of the kids are adorable!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
PG - she''s gorgeous!

Love all the costumes - cdt, too many pictures is not possible on PS!

Mela - Romy is so cute, and has grown so much since the last one!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
MR - she''s so cute! Love her bib!

Phoenix - Claire is so pretty! Love her mohawk
9.gif
Congrats again and enjoy her.

L2L - Love is costume!

Mela & Pandora - thanks!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
All of the PSers make such cute babies! And I love all of the costumes!

PG - Claire is adorable! Her little mohawk is hilarious.

Here''s my froggy baby. We went "trick or treating" in which I walked him around the block but didn''t take any candy just so he could get the experience, which people thought was kind of weird. But he doesn''t need candy, nor do I (except for the dark choc peanut butter cups that we culled out of our candy stash before the kiddies came by, sshhhhhh).

OH! Breaking news! Not that they "fit", per se, but I can get my pre-preg pants on and zipped!!!! PROGRESS! Thanks for talking me into keeping them.
2.gif

FroggyGeorge.jpg

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Blen - OMG! George is so cute!!!! I love anything frog and he just might be the cutest frog EVER! Congrats on progress RE: pre-preggo pants! It''s a great feeling to finally be able to wear your old clothes right?? I''m in the same boat as you though, I can zip up and all, but wouldn''t wear them just yet...a little too tight still
9.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Blen: Your baby''s costume is sooo cute! It reminds me of a friend who put her son in a turtle costume. He was at the crawling stage, so the puffy turtle back was crawling all over the floor. I thought I was going to die of laughter because it was just too cute.

Veda changed bibs halfway through the day so she would look like this....adorable of course, because she is my granddaughter. She is getting that cute little double chin now that she''s 6 weeks old.

veda i love my mummy.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
And then there's her Mom, who can't give enough credit to Spanx for helping her pull off her "Wonderwife" outfit only 6 weeks post-partum. I really need to get crackin' on my sympathy weight gain, or I will have to quit singing "She got it from her Mama" She went out an bought a new "cape" that would accomodate her BF'ing duties.

veds wonderwife and capt american daddy.jpg

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
i havent posted much over the past few months, but have definitely been following up on all the threads closely, but oh my goodness..this overload of cuteness has made me post!! i **puffy heart** all these amazing kiddies in their costumes!! cute doesn''t even start to describe it..

miraclesrule: and can i just say how STUNNING ur daughter looks just 6 weeks PP?? (plus a big congrats on baby veda! i recall ur daughters wedding and amazing wedding gown clearly that im shocked that shes now a new mama!! u must be so proud :) )

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Miracles... Damn. I wish I looked like that at 6 MONTHS post partum.

One of my husband''s best friends just found out that his newly ex-GF is pregnant. It sounds like she''s not going to keep it, and while he knows that he''s nowhere near ready to become a dad, I know that he''s also feeling really bummed. He''s had fantasies of him and DH having boys at the same time and coaching their hockey teams together, and he keeps saying, "But what if it''s a boy? He''s be very close in age to George." I feel bad for him.
40.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Happy Halloween from my little dragon

halloween 002-2.jpg

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
All the babies in costume are so cute!!!! Love it!

Miracles- Your daughter cannot play off looking that good 6 weeks pp to SPANX!!! She looks freakin'' amazing! Wow- I can''t believe how great she looks!

Pheonix- Claire is a doll baby! What a sweetie. I totally know what you mean about being a little sad that she hit 1 week. I feel that with every milestone- another week older, newborn outfits are getting too short, think she needs to bump up to a size 1 diaper...etc.

Blen and CDT- congrats on getting back into pre-prego clothes! I am still to chicken to give it a shot. Of course, we''re not leaving the house much with a 3 week old and all the flu stuff going around, so I guess I have an excuse to be living in pajamas or baggy jeans right now.
emwink.gif
No sense getting all dolled up just to stay home, right? And yeah, like I said, just not quite eager to cross that bridge yet...

Mrs- thanks for the feedback on vitamins/supplements. Do you give Sage Polyvisol per doctor''s instructions or did you just decide to? I just don''t know how to know if we need to give her anything...

Going back to the diaper question- if she is having blowouts does that mean we need to go up a size? She was 8lbs 14 oz at her doc appt this past Monday, and the newborn diapers say ''up to 10lbs'', but almost every time she poops it squishes out and gets on her outfit. Love it. I do laundry all day every day...

Hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Mgal - Kyle is sooooooooooooo cute!!! Love his costume!

Natalina - I think at around 9 lbs we put Lex in Size 1 diapers. I've noticed that once you get a couple lbs close to the max (on the box) you need to go up. And if she's having that many blowouts I'd say it's time. Sad, right? I was sooooooooo sad when Lex stopped using NB size diapers...now he's in 3's, 4's for overnight
39.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
CUTE Halloween babies!!!!

Natalina- I think if she is having blow-outs then you should move up to the next size. I must have the littlest monkey b/c I JUST moved O up to size 1 diapers and O is almost 11 weeks! As for the vitamin supplement, my ped suggested I start giving it to O at around a month or so. But he HATED it, spit it all up and choked on it the first time so we stopped. I told my ped that at his 2 month appt and he said it was fine and just try to slowly introduce it, maybe put it in a bottle. From what he said and from what I read, it is only recommended if you are EBF and at around 2 months. Hope that helps!!! I personally wouldn''t stress about it right now. Ask your ped at her next appointment.

More later, typing with one hand makes me tired!

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
OMG! All the little ones in their costumes are just ADORABLE! I hope everyone had fun!

miraclesrule- All can say as well is DAMN! 6 week PP? She looks fantastic!

I hope everyone has a great week! Just think... the holidays are right around the corner! I can''t believe it''s NOVEMBER already! Where does the time go??
23.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Love all the pictures of the babies in their halloween outfits. They are too cute!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Awww.....what a cute bunch of kiddies in their halloween costumes.

Mela--
Romy is getting so big.
Love your "kermit and msPiggy" costumes.

cdt--
I agree....there is no such thing as too many pictures.
The elephant costume is too cute!

Blen--
G is such a cute froggy!

Miracle--
Your granddaugther is adorable.
And your daughter look fantastic for 6 wk PP.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Awww all the PS babies look adorable in their costumes.

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
CDT and China- thanks for the info on the diapers. Guess we''ll finish this pack of newborns and then go up to a 1. It is sad, she''s growing so fast...

China- good to know vitamins are usually introduced around 2 months. I will ask at my next appt. Thanks!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Erica-So sorry to hear about the H1N1 in your family and hope everyone feels better soon!

Pandora-I would have been really surprised if they certified Daisy as anything but happy, healthy and loved!

Blen-
36.gif
for last day of work!

MG-LOL @ the pink car seat. Take lots of pics and show it to the future girlfriends
2.gif

Robbie-I''m really sorry to hear about your uncle. Any news?

Natalina-I think you got all the answers about the vitamins. One of the pedi''s in the office suggested we give her some vitamins (can''t remember name...started with a V or maybe a T lol) but when I talked to the LC and read up on Kellymom I decided she didn''t need it. We moved Sophia up to size 1 I think around 6 weeks. She''s in size 2 now but she has thunder thighs like her mom (
20.gif
) so they don''t fit right. I''m going to move up a size.

Mrs-Glad to hear that Sage did well on the trip. Crossing fingers on the new job!

Phoenix-Claire is beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I agree with Pandora that the first 6 weeks are all about survival. Of course, I didn''t realize that during the six weeks and wasted a lot of time not sleeping lol. As for the pacifier, they say not to introduce because of nipple confusion but honestly she''ll get over it. Sophia got a bottle around day 5/6 and never had a problem with latching (the owner of the breast was a different story though
20.gif
)

All of the babies look so adorable!
Mela, love Romy''s costume!
Lex makes such a cute elephant and super baby lol
Veda is so adorable and your DD, miracle, wowzers
3.gif

L2L-what a cutie pie!
Blen-He''s such a cute frog!
Kyle is such a cute dragon! Love that your cat is sniffing him out lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results