shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Tao-I didn''t do a 4D but I remember Courtney did and I think Alila looked so much like her 4D u/s.

30.gif

So we''re still trying to figure out the nighttime routine but I have some good news/bad news. Good news: Turns out my little girl is a really efficient eater. Bad news: she''s gotten used to me being her human pacifier.

We went to visit the LC because I was concerned she wasn''t getting enough to eat and that''s why she would be awake so much during the night. According to the LC, when at the breast she should be eating anywhere between 2 and 3oz of milk. Within the first 5 minutes, she already had 1.5oz. After she was done (15 minutes later) she had 4.5oz of milk (eep!

32.gif
). But the LC did notice that she stays on way too long after just nibbling (mommy''s fault) and that she is really fussy. We went to the pedi who prescribed some reflux medication although he thinks its just her personality. He was hesitant to prescribe anything so he only gave us 4 doses and wants to see her again. I told him how much she''s eating and he seems to think her fussiness is because she''s overeating so he wants me to limit the time at the breast. I''m not a fan of this and neither is the LC so what I''m doing instead is as soon as I notice the non-nutritive suck, I take her off even if she cries a little. Seems to be working so far.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s good news fiery. My friend''s daughter sounds like she was a lot like Sophia at the breast, and my freind also had OAL. She wishes she had introduced a pacifier sooner -- it was clear her daughter was getting enough to eat and she liked to use my friend as a pacieifer too, but my friend didn''t want to introduce it because it is so frowned upon my the La Leche League. Have you tried a paci? Was a great life saver for us.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
DD-We''ve tried the paci but she won''t take it anymore. She did until about 5 weeks and now she just gags when you give it to her and then spits it out. I wish she would take the paci and actually the LC was in favor of it. She said it was ok until 3 months.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
DD and Blen - LOVE the photos, so cute and they look so grown up now!
30.gif

DD - Yay for banana and Hunter liking it! Do update on what he tries (and likes and dislikes
9.gif
)

My naughty husband gave Daisy mushed up strawberry today (she''s not supposed to have anything more than a tiny taste till 6 months) and she went crazy over it - and then screamed like mad when it was all gone (how I noticed!). My parents were there and my father - who is a major BF advocate - said he didn''t see a problem with letting her have a few things like mashed strawberry if she wanted it. Is there a scientific reason why they shouldn''t have anything but breast milk for 6 months?

lili - It''s weird that so many people seem to think she''s about 6 months, even I forget how little she really is as she can seem so grown-up at times.

Fiery - great news from the LC! I''m in agreement with Mela - sleep begets sleep. Overtiredness is not a good thing and it definitely exists. We have the same situation with pacis - won''t go near one. However, hand sucking is a big favourite right now so you may find Sophia starts to do that in a few weeks time.

Mela - I''m with you on the 2/3 hour feeds. I''ve been doing that since I worked out the nap thing and it''s made a huge difference to Daisy. For the last few weeks she''s had any kind of real routine out the window as we''ve been travelling a lot. Even so, she still wanted to eat every 3 hours and not until that time.

Sunkist - DH and I did antenatal classes in the hospital - it was great for the tour and the midwife that did them was the one I ended up with at the delivery - but I''m someone who will obsessively read everything I can get my hands on and what they taught us was so basic (also seemed like 90% of the class had never picked up a pregnancy book
33.gif
) so I was rather bored a lot of the time. Plus the breast-feeding class: all very well practicing holding a dolly in the right position, the real thing is NOT the same at all, and they never told us how awful the first weeks can be of b-feeding.

Blen - Good luck with all the projects!

Thanks for all the advice ladies - I had a long chat with my dad about it today and he also reckoned 6 months was a good point to aim for - if after that I still have major problems then I should start looking at medical solutions.

Thanks also for the ''hand-sucking'' responses - she''s very dribbly as well so I think it probably is the beginning of the teething joy!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
hi mamas. Sorry I''ve been somewhat absent. Trying not to spend so much tie on line these days.

pandora, welcome home. I hope you enjoyed every moment of your trip! I''m sorry to hear you''re still experiencing pain with intercourse - that stinks!

mela, hope you have a great time away! We''ll miss you!

DD, how did solids go this weekend? I love that pic of him with the beer!

Sabine, how did your brother''s visit go? I hope the dog behaved! Glad to hear you''re enjoying motherhood!

Blen, how are you holding up, hun? Were you able to finish what you needed to on the house this weekend? I love that naked pic of G!

sbde, I hope you''re feeling better!

Tao, we got a 4d pic of Sage and it looks just like her. There was a dark spot over her eye which looked like a bruise in the 4d pic but in real life it is/was (since it''s fading) a birthmark.

fiery, I''m sorry you''re still struggling a little with BFing but glad you''re getting the help you need. re: pumping and working. If I were you I would build a small freezer stash for emergencies. Like Blen, I always gave S fresh milk when I was working except on mondays when she would get frozen since I usually froze the milk I pumped on friday.

hi everyone else!

All''s well with us though I''m coming to the realization that I really do need to go back to work soon - not because we''re struggling but because long term, I know it will be much easier for me to go back now than it would be a year from now if I want to stay in my industry. If I go back now and work really hard, I should be able to set myself up well for the long term so that I''m making good money at a job that gives me some flexibility in terms of the hours I work. Long term, that is what will be best for me and my family. It sucks for the short term though.... I''d love to be home with Sage for a little longer and I''d love to have another baby immediately but I can''t justify doing it since I know it will make life harder in the long run.... Gotta run - crying baby.

hope you''re all well!!

Mrs

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Blen - good luck with the house, I hope it sells quickly!

Mela - have a great trip!

Pandora - I love how your DH is already spoiling Daisy behind your back!
2.gif

And I think I probably missed a few...

I just dropped my little sister off at the airport, she came in last Thursday to spent the weekend with us. We''ve never had her come out on her own before, and we had a great time! Kyle got to try watermelon on Saturday and loved it, he was happily sucky away on it, but would get mad when a piece broke off. And Friday night he slept 11 hours straight and I got to sleep in, it was nice. My sitter had her baby Friday morning, he was there when I dropped Kyle off today, such a tiny little guy! She managed to get through being induced with no epi, and had a 6 pound 4 ounce little boy. He''s almost 3 pounds smaller than Kyle was at birth, and seeing my guy next to him made me realize how far he''s grown in the last 6 months!

And I believe crawling is just about to happen. He can get up on his hands and knees now, but just rocks back and forth. He''s almost afraid to try moving once he gets up. Not much longer and he''ll be scooting all over the house, so we''ve got to work on baby proofing.

Anyone have experience with ear pulling? I''ve heard that can be a sign of teeth about to come in, but could it be an ear infection? Kyle started tugging on his ear yesterday, and he was doing it again this morning. He''s acting fine, just tugging on it a bit.

**Kyle is 6 months + 2 weeks old**

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
mrs, glad to see you back on ps!

you know what, it''s great to hear that you''ve made a decision re: work that seems right for you. you''ve obviously thought long and hard about what you need to do at this point to help your future prospects and flexibility. have you started looking for new jobs yet? good luck with the search, and in the meantime enjoy yout time with little sage :)

i''m feeling somewhat better now, still coughing up a storm but hopefully there''s just a day or two left of this before it goes away. unforch i did pass something on to J i think because he''s had a fever for 2 days. the dr said to just watch and see, it may not develop into my cold. i have my fingers crossed!!

hope all the mommies are well :)

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock

Opps, I missed Mrs yesterday, sorry! - I know it''s a tuff decision, but it''s probably better to go back now and stay with a good career than to wait and then struggle to find something and me unhappy trying to work you way back up. Good luck with the application and interview process.

Here''s a pic from the weekend of Kyle''s first try at watermelon. He liked sucking and mouthing it, but when he broke off a piece he made the ewey face and spit it out

20.gif

party007-1.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
And for DD, feeding time gone wrong. He's usually not this messy, but kept shoving his hands in his mouth and got food everywhere. Sweet potatoes and prunes was the menu, so the colors are interesting...

party029-1.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I keep forgetting to save my post in case it gets swallowed up

Mrs-Sounds like a really hard decision. I wish I could stay home. I never thought I would ever want to be a SAHM since I''m so used to working but now the thought of missing out on so many firsts while I sit in really boring meetings makes me so sad.

SBDE-Hope you and J feel better soon!

MG-Kyle is such a cutie pie. Yay for almost crawling!!

~~

So good news re: sleep. She went from 11 (dream feed) until 5am without eating! She would have slept through except that around 2:30 I got paranoid at how quiet she was so I stroked her face a little and she woke up screaming. I put on the paci which she finally took and she went back to sleep. Then at 4:30 FI gets up to use the restroom, knocks over the remotes and tub of wipes, and she wakes up. But she went right back to sleep. I''m hoping for a repeat tonight except this time Mr. Fiery and I won''t act like two clueless fools
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
MRS Congrats on making your career decision! I hope you find the right job quickly.
DD I am glad to hear about the solids! Glad they are going well! I''m just getting our supplies in order for the next couple weeks.
Mustanggal I LOVE those pics!!! So cute, esp the watermelon!
Fiery So glad you got a good night''s sleep! I know things have been rough at times - I hope they keep getting easier.

I need some help on sleep issues. A is just over 5 months old. He had been getting up 1-2 times per night pretty consistently for the last few months. The last week or so, it''s 3 times. I am EXHAUSTED. He seems to be waking up suddenly and is very upset. He wants to eat each time and I''ve not been able to calm him without the boob, but I also have not tried for too long. So what do you think - is he needing more food and waking up hungry? If so, maybe this will get better when we start solids and maybe we should start them a little earlier than planned. Or, do you think he''s using the boob for soothing and I should resist feeding him 3x a night because he might regress further? Another possibility is teething. I don''t feel any teeth yet, but he''s drooling a lot and nursing seems kind of painful these last few days when it had not been previously.

In the light of day, I know he should not be eating 3x a night... but when he is screaming and I am exhausted, it''s so hard to not just give him the boob so we can both get back to sleep...

Thanks.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
MGAL - was that prunes & sweet potato TOGETHER? Mmmmmm....
9.gif
Great photos!

Is your sitter working 3 days after having a baby? Or did I read that wrong? If so, WOW, I couldn''t imagine being capable - I could barely remember what my own name was at that point!

Mrs - That must have been a hard decision, I hope it all works out for you!

SBDE - Aww, hope J gets better fast, and glad to hear that you are feeling better.

TDM - I wonder if he''s teething?

My perinatal social worker came round yesterday and said that in her opinion Daisy is definitely starting to teeth - she was in a horrible mood yesterday, really whiny and fed up with everything - and said that I could expect her waking up at night, wanting to feed and then not being that interested once she''s got the boob in her mouth, and basically behaving like she''s got PMS!
23.gif
And all this for several months before even seeing a tooth... yay...
14.gif

She has been a PITA the last few nights - wanting to graze all the time rather than eat properly and waking up a lot. I had put it down to us being back home and life being rather boring for her, but perhaps it is teeth instead.

Sounds a bit like what A. may be doing...

On the positive side yesterday I''ve been moved from weekly visits to monthly and they may discharge me from their caseload at 6 months! Yippee! Apparently I am ''doing very well''
9.gif
She is thinking of referring us for mother & baby psychotherapy though as I will apparently ''find it very interesting'' - gawd knows what that entails...

I have signed D. up to the Baby Lab - it''s a research project at one of the London universities into baby development. Basically you go along at certain ages and they wire the baby up while they are sitting on your knee and then set them various games and exercises. It''s not anything like an IQ test - just looking at how their brains develop etc - for example babies as young as 3 weeks can anticipate patterns if shown a sequence of objects on a computer screen several times. A few of my friends have done it and said it''s fun for the babies.

I was a bit shocked by my mother this weekend. We stopped off to see them for a few days on our way home. She was commenting on how easy and happy Daisy was all the time and how I had been ''such an unhappy liitle thing by this age'' and how maybe she should have spent more time playing with me rather than leaving me to cry all the time because she was busy stripping furniture...

She then went on to say that she thinks it''s interesting that DH and I treat Daisy as if she is an equally important member of our family and that we need to be careful about how much time and attention we give her as she''ll end up really spoilt.

Then I heard her on the phone to my sister telling her that I was so lucky that I had such an easy baby and it was because of that I didn''t have the nightmare that she had with me and my sister had with her two.

I''m really upset and a bit confused by this - I''ve spent all my life being told how difficult and unaffectionate I was as a small child and how hard it was for my father to have a baby that never wanted to be cuddled... well, maybe, just maybe it wasn''t actually just down to my personality. My sister''s kids have huge problems and anxieties and I''m pretty sure it''s because they live with parents who spend most of their time and energy fighting with each other.

I also can''t believe that it is wrong to give a child love and attention - in my mind you make them happy and confident not spoilt... am I wrong in thinking this?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora It is amazing what you can learn by people''s small comments, isn''t it? I think it sounds like you are doing the right things as a parent -- Diasy *is* and equally important member of your family, and you cannot give an infant that age too much attention. I had a similar revelation with my father, who was absent for my entire childhood. He called me a "self-raising flower" once, implying that I had not needed him around
20.gif
That exeperience and the one you had with your parents just really highlights for me how important it is for us as parents to really assess our own assumptions about parenthood and children, and think about the impact that those perhaps unacknowledged assumptions will have on our kids long term.

TDM sounds like teething. I think you have 2 options, just feed him each time, or CIO for one of them. Neither is fun, but then who said parenting infants was fun right?
3.gif

Mustang Great pictures!

Fiery yippee for a good night and LOL at your goofs!

AFM Hunter likes all the foods so far. We have tried bananas and rice cereal and oatmeal. The oatmeal tasts better I think, and we have discovered that he prefers thicker foods, not the wattery ones. I went a bought a bunch of organic produce and a food mill for making baby foods, so the next few weeks will be fun I think!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to do a drive by, but does anyone on here have experience with switching formula and reflux?

We''ve only been on the new formula since Friday. Before, he was eating 3-3.5 oz every 3 hours and sleeping well after most feeds. He went through a transition with the formula, but since Monday evening, he''s been eating a lot less and wanting to eat MUCH more often (sometimes 1.5 hours after eating, usually around 2-2.5 hours after). He will sometimes take a pacifier for a few minutes, but usually he sucks it, realizes it''s not a bottle, and spits it out repeatedly. He''s been spitting up a decent amount after almost every feeding. We are currently holding him upright for 30 minutes after eating, but he still spits up when we put him down or go to change him. We also have his mattress elevated. But no matter what, when we put him down, about an hour after eating he wakes up crying in pain. He literally hasn''t slept for more than 45 minutes at a time since Monday night.

We''re trying to wait to call the pedi. until he''s been on the new formula for at least a week. I''m just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences or any advice.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
TDM - I''m sorry about waking up more! It might be a teething thing. Maybe try just a paci for a few minutes before feeding to see if that''ll put him back out?

Pandora - I''m sure you''re doing everything right with Daisy, and she should be an equal member of the family, just becasue she''s smaller doesn''t mean she''s not important! The Baby Lab sounds fun, it''ll be a neat experience for you two. I wonder if they have anything like that here. And Kyle was eating sweet potatoes with a side of prunes, but he decided to mix them up on his face instead of eating them individually
20.gif

Sabine - I only switched formula once, becasue of the same issues you were having. I know the formula cans say to wait a week, but if it''s getting worse it might be worth a call to the pedi to get advice. They might tell you to stick it out a week, or they might say to go back to the old formula or even suggest a new one. Good luck!

DD - Awesome that solids are going well for you! Let me know how making your own food goes. I''ve been lazy and just buy the pre-packaged stuff for now, but I''d love to try making my own.

Thanks for the comments on the pics! Kyle is becoming such a ham now, the minute he sees the camera he starts smiling. And yup, Kyle''s sitter went back to watching kids 4 days after delivering. It was her 4th, he was a tiny thing (6 pounds 4 ounces), and her last few months were a bit rough so she actually seems to have more energy and be in a better mood now than before. She also has an amazing sleeper. He''s not even a week old yet, and sleeps about 9pm to 4am every night! She said her boobs are getting so full she almost wishes he was waking up more. She does have another SAHM that lives down the street come over and help for part of the day. She has 3 kids of her own at home now (4 year old, 2 year old and the newborn), and takes in my son and one other 11 month old. I don''t think I could do it, but she keeps them all happy and fed, DH picks up at odd times so she never knows exactly when to expect him, so we''d know if there was anything off.

And I think I finally felt a tooth about to pop out. Kyle has been tugging his ear since the weekend, always the same side, and last night I was feeling up his gums and that side felt a little different than the other side.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 10:43:11 AM
Author: Sabine
Sorry to do a drive by, but does anyone on here have experience with switching formula and reflux?

We''ve only been on the new formula since Friday. Before, he was eating 3-3.5 oz every 3 hours and sleeping well after most feeds. He went through a transition with the formula, but since Monday evening, he''s been eating a lot less and wanting to eat MUCH more often (sometimes 1.5 hours after eating, usually around 2-2.5 hours after). He will sometimes take a pacifier for a few minutes, but usually he sucks it, realizes it''s not a bottle, and spits it out repeatedly. He''s been spitting up a decent amount after almost every feeding. We are currently holding him upright for 30 minutes after eating, but he still spits up when we put him down or go to change him. We also have his mattress elevated. But no matter what, when we put him down, about an hour after eating he wakes up crying in pain. He literally hasn''t slept for more than 45 minutes at a time since Monday night.

We''re trying to wait to call the pedi. until he''s been on the new formula for at least a week. I''m just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences or any advice.

Sabine I am not an expert but it may also just be a growth spurt. My boys would be gassy for a few weeks, then grow out of it, etc. And same for frequency of eating. It change all the time.

But of course to call the pedi to be sure!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
hey ladies!!

I''ve been MIA for awhile, just enjoying the summer before it''s over!

Sounds like everyone is doing so well!! The new pics are so cute, everyone has such cute kids
9.gif

Sabine - we had to switch formulas like 4 times i think. And 2 of those we never made it more than 4 or 5 days because he got so much worse that we weren''t willing to stick it out! He would cry constantly and not sleep at all. Finally, we switched to Alimentum and he slowly got better, but after like 14 days on that it was like magic! All his gas went away and he starting sleeping much better. He still has reflux, but it''s gotten soooooo much better, I think mostly w/ age though. He''s almost 3 months now. Just curious, which formula is Jacks on now? Love his nickname btw!

Ebree and Fiery - I don''t think I welcomed you guys to the mommy thread!! Welcome and Henry and Sophia are sooo cute!!

I''m soooooooo behind, I''m sorry I can''t respond to everyone! But I read a few pages back that Ebree and Dreamer were having an itch for a 2nd already?? Me too!!! how insane is that?? I SWORE we would only do this once. But now that Lex is just about 3 months he is such a stinkin cutie, I can''t wait to have another. But we will definitely be waiting a year or two before we start trying. But a girl can dream for now
9.gif

Lex is sleeping GREAT these days! Goes to bed around 6:00, we do a dream feed at 11:00, and he sleeps until 5:00 am. LOVE it!! I don''t think we can drop that dream feed just yet, I just don''t see him going that many hours w/out eating. But hopefully in a few months we can. I officially go back to work November 30th
39.gif
So sad. I REALLY wish I could stay home, but it''s just not realistic in this economy to give up my salary. But at least Lex will be just about 6 months then, so I''ll cherish the time we do have together....ok, I''m going to cry now
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sabine ditto neat
CDT glad to hear that you are enjoying your baby more now! Didn''t we say it gets better? Hard to believe but it really just gets easier and easier. Hunter is 6 mo now and super easy peasy. Other than waking up 2x a night, LOL!
Mrs good to see you again, forgot to say that. Sorry you have to go back to work, I know its hard, but it sounds like the best decision. They are only babies once, but you will be in the workforce for 30+ more years and so of course work considerations have to come into play when making our decisions!

Hunter had his 6 mo appointment. He wighed 17lbs 5oz (50%) and was 27.5 inches long (75 to 90th percentile). So still long and lean!
3.gif
Not sur where he got that from but hope he stays that way!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
cdt - I''m happy to hear Lex is doing so much better! His reflux issues sounded scary.

I have a nap question. Kyle used to take a 45 minute nap around 7:30am, a 1 hour nap at 11am, a 2 hour nap at 1pm, and another 45 minute nap around 5pm, then go down for the night about 8pm and sleep until 6am. All this week he won''t go down for the 5pm nap. We tried for 45 minute the other night, and he kept rolling over and playing with his paci
20.gif
. The sitter mentioned that he also hasn''t been doing his 7am nap this week, but instead takes a longer 9:30am-11am nap and then a 2pm-4pm nap. At 6.5 months old is transitioning to 2 naps a day normal? He is teething a bit again, so I wonder if that mgiht be part of it? He''s not grumpy or anything, just won''t go to sleep like he used to!

And the sitter took him to the park today for the first time. She said he didn''t think much of the sand (Im amazed he didn''t try to eat it all!), but had a great time sitting and watching the other kids play
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MG Hunter now only takes 2 naps a day on the majority of days, depending on whether or not he napped long enough at his usual times. He wakes at ~7am, naps from around 9:30 to 11:00 then naps again from about 2pm to 3:30, then goes to bed at 7pm. That changes around but usually it seems to be 2 1.5 to 2 hour naps. If he only naps for 1 hour at either on those, which happens sometimes for a couple days, then he will take a third nap at 5pm. We phased out the extra nap because he just seemed not to need it anymore. So now he is awake about 2.5 to 3 hours between naps.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
fiery - yay for sleep! has she kept up with sleeping from 11 - 5 again?

mrs - how are you? is the job search going well?

mustanggal - adorable pics :) sorry no experience with ear pulling. i would get it checked out though because it may be a sign of an infection. so exciting that kyle is almost crawling!!
36.gif
J has also dropped down to 2 naps a day and will only take a short one after 5 pm SOMETIMES. i think kyle is just setting his own schedule now, so as long as he seems ok it''s probably fine.

tandogmom - J had a bit of sleep regression around the same time (i think it was closer to 4 mths) and i caved in and gave him extra feedings at night as well. i think it was related to teething and he''s gone back to his normal 2x a night schedule now. it may just be something of a phase for A as well?

pandora - that baby lab sounds so interesting! i''m really sorry about your mom. no child should have to grow up hearing those things about themselves, and i''m so glad that daisy is growing up with a mom who cherishes every moment with her and treats her like the "equally important" family member that she is!!

dd - glad to hear hunter is doing well with solids. great 6 mth stats!

sabine - no formula help here but i hope you and jackson are doing well and the new formula helps him!

cdt - welcome back! so great to hear that lex is doing so well in the sleep dept. i can understand how tough it seems to go back to work but you have to do what''s right for your family. enjoy the last bit of summer with your little one :)

so i''m feeling much better now, thanks for asking! still have the tail end of the cold but my poor little J seems to be getting worse. he''s all congested and stuffed up but he''s a trooper and is still the happy little guy he always is. his personality is coming out more and more each day, and he''s a real joker trying to get us all to laugh or get our attention by doing silly things that he knows we like. it''s adorable, and i am so trying to be in the moment because he is growing up so fast!!!

happy friday everyone!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies, need to catch up with everyone but had a question. Sophia got her 2 month shots today and has pretty much been either asleep or screaming all day today. She isn''t too interested in eating. She hasn''t given me any hunger signs at all since the shots. I fed her when we got home at 11, she slept till 2 and finally ate at 230. Then she fed at 430 and I''ve been trying to feed her ever since. She took a little (maybe a minute or two) at 7 but went right back to sleep. I''m assuming this is normal? Should I try pumping and feeding her from a bottle instead? P.S. The shots were awful. She cried so much that I couldn''t help but cry. I''ve had her on my chest all day just to keep her close. I''ve been trying to get her to smile but poor girl is just to sad. Breaks my heart
7.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Oh also she apparently has an umbilical hernia. Pedi said she will probably need surgery but they prefer to keep monitoring to see if it corrects itself. They generally don''t like to recommend the surgery until she''s at least 2. I was really ticked off because they have known this for a while but didn''t say anything. I happenen to ask about her belly button today because it seemed weird to me. At times it would protrude as if an outie but when she was really relaxed it would go back in. I wonder how long they would have gone without telling me if I didn''t ask.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fiery I think that fussines is normal,. esp. after the 2 mo shots in my experience. And sorry about the hernia. My friend''s daughter had one and it was fixed at 2, no problemo. It is very common. But they should have told you
38.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 8:03:56 PM
Author: fiery
Oh also she apparently has an umbilical hernia. Pedi said she will probably need surgery but they prefer to keep monitoring to see if it corrects itself. They generally don't like to recommend the surgery until she's at least 2. I was really ticked off because they have known this for a while but didn't say anything. I happenen to ask about her belly button today because it seemed weird to me. At times it would protrude as if an outie but when she was really relaxed it would go back in. I wonder how long they would have gone without telling me if I didn't ask.

Fiery both of my boys had them and both went away within a few months (I think by 4 months for Max and 6 for Dex). VERY common and your pedi is right that they prefer to wait because they do often go away on their own. Hang tight girl!

As for the shots-the fussiness is normal. She'll be herself tomorrow. Have you given her tylenol? That usually helps.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, you poor girl, I''m so not looking forward to the 2 month shots. And I''ve heard the 4 month ones are even worse! Hopefully your girl is back to smiling today. Shame on the dr.s for not telling you.

Thanks for all the advice re: formula. I swear, to me it seems that as soon as one thing gets better, a new concern pops up, but I guess such is motherhood! After 2 days of snacking all day and not really sleeping well, Jacks went back to his normal routine of eating every 3-3.5 hours and sleeping decently in between. I don''t think the new formula is really any better than the old one though, he''s still gassy and having reflux issues after some but not all of his feedings. But NOW he''s constipated as well! He went from having 3-4 bm''s a day to one a day, and now it''s been 48 hours since he had one! I''ll be calling the pedi soon if he doesn''t have one...

I survived my first night totally one my own as dh had overnight call. It wasn''t too bad, but it really made my stomach hurt around my incision and it made my bleeding start back up again (I just had light spotting before and now I''m gushing) because I had to carry him around so much.

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
fiery, J is pretty much the same way after his shots. i''ve realized that he is out of sorts the day of the shots and the next day so i just monitor his temp and give him infant tylenol as needed. hope she feels better soon!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2009 12:57:17 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 8/28/2009 8:03:56 PM
Author: fiery
Oh also she apparently has an umbilical hernia. Pedi said she will probably need surgery but they prefer to keep monitoring to see if it corrects itself. They generally don''t like to recommend the surgery until she''s at least 2. I was really ticked off because they have known this for a while but didn''t say anything. I happenen to ask about her belly button today because it seemed weird to me. At times it would protrude as if an outie but when she was really relaxed it would go back in. I wonder how long they would have gone without telling me if I didn''t ask.

Fiery both of my boys had them and both went away within a few months (I think by 4 months for Max and 6 for Dex). VERY common and your pedi is right that they prefer to wait because they do often go away on their own. Hang tight girl!

As for the shots-the fussiness is normal. She''ll be herself tomorrow. Have you given her tylenol? That usually helps.
That''s great to know Neat (not that they had it but that it went away). She doesn''t seem to be in any pain so I''m not worried about it. The thought of surgery is scary but I was reading that it almost always corrects itself. For now she just has a funny looking belly button
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sabine I don''t know what is normal for FF babies, but with BF babies poops become less and less frequent as they get older and their digestive tract gets more developed. How old is Jax? By 6 weeks is is normal for BF babies to poop as infrequently as once every 2 weeks! As long as when they do poop it is nor hard then it isn''t technically constipation. So as Jax gets older it may be normal for him to poop less. Maybe someone who FF their baby can comment.

Anyone recall if NYC was going on vacay? Haven''t seen her around...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results