shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Cake for a Multi allergy Kid

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Naijay

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!
I have an eleven month old who is allergic to peanuts, milk, eggs and wheat. I dont what I am going to do about his birthday cake next month. My questions is does anyone know of a bakery thay specializes in allergen free cakes in the Seattle area or delivers to the Seattle Area. I also welcome receipes.

golden

Shiny_Rock
YESS!! Well...I am in NJ and there is a bakery in Millburn, NJ that is exactly what you are looking for and as of September 1 she is taking orders. I just saw this on ABC news yesterday, they did a special feature on her. I would double check on all the allergies, but she is def nut free, I know that doesn't help, but I thought I heard that it was organic and more....

http://www.bellasbakery.com/

I JUST READ ON....they do use eggs and milk. It looks like she has special orders for gluten free things
http://www.bellasbakery.com/mission.cfm

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
hmm... does it have to be a cake? those are some pretty crucial cake ingredients there....

My niece is allergic to eggs and dairy and peanuts and she always has a spice cake on her birthday. She''s not allergic to wheat though. I suppose you could make a cake with rice flour or quinoa flour or something similar, but I doubt an 11 month old would be into a spice cake. Maybe a pudding or something with rice milk? or cool whip? Good luck to you!

Naijay

Rough_Rock
Yes I seen it to Golden, unfortunately she doesn''t deliever past NJ, NY and Phili. I''m in NY now but only for 2 more weeks and we''re relocating permantely to Seattle. I was thinking of having his grandmother send it but im afraid it will get messed up through delivery. MArking a box fragile means nothing these days..smh

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
is ur child allergic to it when its cooked with something else, my FF is allergic to milk and eggs and whenever I bake a cake with those ingredients he is fine... just a questions.. but goodluck!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I can''t eat wheat but I know in the healthfood section you can buy gluten free cake mix (you need to check the other allergies) and egg replacer and you can use alternate milk.

I know that orgran does some fantastic special mixes and products that are egg, nut, milk, wheat free.

Try a healthfood store, the cake mixes I have tried are yum they taste like real cake :)

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Wacky Cake is excellent and has no nuts dairy or eggs. You can google the recipe for example, http://southernfood.about.com/od/chocolatecakes/r/bl01018c.htm
I have made Wacky Cake multiple times and it tastes great! I don''t know about wheat allergy though - is this in regular flour? If so maybe you can substitute an appropriate flour. There is a book called Help! My child is allergic to everything! cookbook, which may have some ideas for you!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
You need Freke, where is she?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

Congratulations to your little man for his birthday!
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Wheatless in Seattle" in Greenwood, sells gluten free foods. Not sure if they have eggs/dairy, but you can call and see.

Central Market (in Shoreline & Mill Creek) sells gluten, egg, and milk free deserts. Some are very expensive. A muffin is about $4 and the cakes they sell are small.

Also, check Whole Foods and see what they offer.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hi, no advice on the cake issue, but just wanted to tell you, in case it''s encouraging, that I was allergic to EVERYTHING as a baby too (except peanuts... which is a special case) and by the time I was 5 or 6, all the allergies were gone. I can eat anything now. No allergies at all.

I gather the peanut allergy won''t ever go away, but the other ones might! So here''s to your kid''s the 10th (or earlier) birthday cake being a cakey cake!

Just thought that might be encouraging.

Naijay

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately his allergies are too sensitive, I found out he was allergic through my breast milk, he''s never eaten any of these things directly. I took him to an allergist to confirm after 2 reactions

Naijay

Rough_Rock
From the bottom of my heart thank you everyone for your support and advice, it means so much for me to able to give my son a birthday cake, especially since it will be his first birthday!

I''ll update you in september and let you know how it went!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results