shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayers for my little niece

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending payers to Colby.
12.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Hope everything works out for your little niece to heal her lung. Good vibes are heading your way.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
That is awful
15.gif

My thoughts and prayers are with little Colby, you and your family.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
DRK thanks for your insight. From the information I have, this sounds consistent with my niece''s condition. What causes this condition?

Everyone, it is so wonderful to know you are pulling for little Colby. Thank you.
4.gif

The most recent news from last night is that her condition is now stable. Hopefully with the tube in, her little lung can repair itself.

My mom is visiting with my sister''s 2 year old daughter today. I hope that makes her feel better.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
thank you for the update. my thoughts continue to be w/ your family.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Latest update. Bad night last night, and Colby stopped breathing. She has been stablized and is doing better today. The doctors are optimistic, but they are saying to plan on at least another week in the NICU.

No one can talk without crying. I am getting tearful voicemails from mom and I am here crying in my office. This is so hard, and I just feel so bad for my sister.

Please keep praying and thinking about Colby.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
LC--my thoughts go out to Colby. I am so glad to hear the prognosis is more optimistic after such a rough day.
when will you get to see your sis & the baby? Are you close by?

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
My prayers are with you and your family.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
LC - so sorry to hear she''s suffered a setback. Looking on Dr Google, it seems like it can be associated with meconium aspiration, respiratory distress syndrome, difficult delivery, cord around the neck, prematurity... It''s supposedly not that uncommon: 3 in 1000. I wonder if they know what caused it in your niece''s case? It certainly sounds like she''s in good hands, for them to have recognized it quickly, and she''s in the best place in the NICU for them to deal with problems like the apnea she had last night. I hope she starts to get better soon. It''ll be hard for everyone, but one of the recent studies in the British Medical Journal seemed to indicate that it was the preemies with pneumothorax who didn''t do so well. The term babies survived, so I think there''s every reason to hope that she''ll be fine.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry she had a set back - I hope that they get her better.

A lot of things can cause a pneumothorax in a term newborn baby. It is hard to say exactly what without knowing the conditions of the delivery.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a 7 hour drive away, so not really that close. I am getting all my info through my mom on the phone.

I know little about her delivery, other than she had an epidural and it was very fast after that. I hope that the epidural did not contribute to the problem.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Prayers for little Colby.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 9:41:23 PM
Author: LitigatorChick
I''m a 7 hour drive away, so not really that close. I am getting all my info through my mom on the phone.

I know little about her delivery, other than she had an epidural and it was very fast after that. I hope that the epidural did not contribute to the problem.

Not likely. It was probably something that was out of anybody''s control. Is today better?

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t imagine any way in which the epidural could have contributed - I''m sure there''s absolutely nothing that your sister should blame herself for.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Prayers from my family to your family!

Please continue to keep us updated.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
LC~Thoughts and prayers with you and your family!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The dear little thing. Sending positive vibes to you and your family xxx

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Heartfelt Prayers going out for your niece. (((((Hugs))))

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just checking in to see how Colby''s doing. Hope things are starting to improve after the setback! More prayers headed her way!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers for your little niece.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Colby''s condition is steadily improving. They are suspecting that the hole is healing on its own, but this will be checked in some tests/scans today. She is off morphine (can you imagine, a baby on morphine - it makes me sick to think about it), and is gaining weight. Everyone is cautiously optimistic. It looks like PS prayers and loving thoughts are working.
12.gif

Thank you everyone. I''ll keep you all posted.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
What wonderful news!!! Come on Colby!
36.gif
36.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Great news everyone!!! Colby is HOME!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

She has been discharged with a clean bill of health. We are all so relieved and happy.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I will be keeping Colby in my prayers...I am so sorry.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Yay! That is such great news and a huge relief for your family.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Colby is in my prayers!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 10:13:11 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
Great news everyone!!! Colby is HOME!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

She has been discharged with a clean bill of health. We are all so relieved and happy.
Wonderful news!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
That''s great news. Glad Colby isdoing well now.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
That''s wonderful! Continued prayers!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results