shape
carat
color
clarity

Post Wedding Blues

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
NEVER in a million years did I think I would start this thread but I am starting to get sad now that my family and friends have all left, the wedding is over, our apartment is filled with gifts, and life is moving towards getting back to normal. I always read about this but laughed at it thinking "hell, no....I''ll be so happy that I dont have to think of anything wedding related anymore!"

Instead I find myself constantly thinking about the wedding and looking at pictures and wishing I could go back to being with EVERYONE.

Anyone else feel this way?

I mean, i LOVE spending time with my hubby alone now....dont get me wrong...but I also feel a bit bummed about my friends and family being gone now.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
All the time. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day. Not to mention we got to have a blast at pretty much a huge party with all of our closest friends and family. The memories that day are some of the happiest I have (and funniest because of a few mishaps!) I remember how wonderful it was and how I wish I could go back and re-do it, not because it was bad, but because I want to feel those feelings again and wanted everything to slow down! The ceremony itself flew by, and I was trying so hard the entire day/night not to cry, I had already lost it the night before at the rehearsal!

It was an aboslute blast and I do wish I could go back and see everyone again and see them all having such a great time! I just needed more time to visit with everyone!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you go on your honeymoon yet? That''ll help
2.gif

We left the day after our wedding for our honeymoon, there was no time to feel sad because we were on to the next adventure. By the time we got home we were ready to just be home together.

I did get a twinge of sadness over having all our friends together for once, having so much fun, knowing we likely wouldn''t have everyone together like that again.

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
I hear ya musey. I actually miss the honeymoon more. DH and I totally had a blast after the wedding. We went to Disneyland immediately after with my family. Not the most common thing I know but I LOVE Disneyland and was thrilled to get to go with all of my family since they came from out of town. Then we took a roadtrip to the Grand Canyon, Colorado and Las Vegas. After we got back, it was like neither one of us wanted to go back to reality. DH talks about how much fun he had on the honeymoon all the time and wants to plan another road trip soon.

Cammy: I totally agree with wanting to slow things down. The day of preparing (getting our hair done, makeup etc..) went slow but the ceremony and reception went by so fast. I feel bad that I didn''t even get a chance to talk to everyone at the wedding. I told myself I would make it a point to at least say hi to everyone but it didn''t happen. There was just too much going on.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
We just got back from a fantastic ''minimoon'' in San Francisco and my hubby went back to work for the first time in 2 weeks about an hour ago. I suddenly felt a HUGE wave of withdrawal. Hope this passes soon!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did for about three seconds! I enjoyed planning our wedding and had an awesome time, but where we are now - life afterwards - is what I was REALLY looking forward to. Being settled, married, Mrs B, and having more time (and money!) not being swallowed up by a wedding, to continue work on our house.
There''s no doubt that the sudden ''emptiness'' after all the activity has an effect, but to me, this - now - is what it''s all about. Wedded bliss!
9.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
DMB, I had really bad wedding blues. It started during the honeymoon, I swear! The first thing DH and I did when we got home was start planning a "housewarming party" (which we didn''t realize some people would read to mean more gifts, so I might bill it as something else, like a "cook out") where we had a bunch of friends and our parents and local family over to help finish the case of champagne that we had left over, cook food, and have a good time.

Another thing I realized is that weddings use your creative juice. It took me a year to realize that I was craving creative projects because I loved the skills involved with wedding planning: fashion, colors, layouts, wording, menu planning, floral arrangements, centerpieces, etc. Start a new project - redo a room, scrapbook, take art classes, cooking classes- anything that will help you fill the project void that the wedding left.

Right after the wedding, I started blogging about being a newlywed. Because I was a little depressed, it wasn''t that great. But recently I started blogging again about our home reno projects and other goofy "young without kids" type topics and I''ve been getting a lot out of it emotionally and a really favorable response from my friends and family. So if you enjoy writing, blogging can be a big help in terms of living/enjoying your new life as a married person instead of feeling retrospective.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 2:32:20 PM
Author: Elmorton
DMB, I had really bad wedding blues. It started during the honeymoon, I swear! The first thing DH and I did when we got home was start planning a ''housewarming party'' (which we didn''t realize some people would read to mean more gifts, so I might bill it as something else, like a ''cook out'') where we had a bunch of friends and our parents and local family over to help finish the case of champagne that we had left over, cook food, and have a good time.

Another thing I realized is that weddings use your creative juice. It took me a year to realize that I was craving creative projects because I loved the skills involved with wedding planning: fashion, colors, layouts, wording, menu planning, floral arrangements, centerpieces, etc. Start a new project - redo a room, scrapbook, take art classes, cooking classes- anything that will help you fill the project void that the wedding left.

Right after the wedding, I started blogging about being a newlywed. Because I was a little depressed, it wasn''t that great. But recently I started blogging again about our home reno projects and other goofy ''young without kids'' type topics and I''ve been getting a lot out of it emotionally and a really favorable response from my friends and family. So if you enjoy writing, blogging can be a big help in terms of living/enjoying your new life as a married person instead of feeling retrospective.

Thank you! I never thought of the "creative juices'' thing - that makes a LOT of sense! Blogging also seems like a very good idea - we''re not having kids so I almost feel a bit of ''well...what now?'' - I mean, I still have lots to look forward to (honeymoon, fun time with friends, buying a house someday, etc) but I dont feel that BIG thing on the horizon that maybe people who are having kids feel. I guess I just need to figure out my own "big thing" :)

thanks again for the great advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results