shape
carat
color
clarity

Overweight - Issues TTC.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all.

I rarely venture down to this part of the forum but I feel I have to come and post about some of my current issues and worries.

Following a conversation with my FI tonight I am feeling rather down and hopeless.

I won''t go into all the details of the conversation as I am rather upset about it...but it goes back to an ongoing issue.

The general gist of it is that I need to get fit in order to concieve a child. My fiance and I have been together for 7 years come February ''09 and have been engaged for 5 years come Easter ''09 (FAR too long in my book...another issue altogether but convieniently intertwined with the issue I am here posting about. I am 28 and he is 32. I have always been severely overweight the whole time we have been together. However, in the last 5 years or so my weight has ballooned horrifically. So much so that my periods have stopped pretty much altogether. I have had some degree of investigation into why this is so. During summer ''07 I went for an external and internal scan to see if anything showed up. At the time I was told that there was nothing like polycystic ovaries etc, and that there was a thick lining on my uterus wall, which indicated that a perios was imminent. Sure enough I have had a couple of periods since then. My last was in July. It was a HUGE one and then nothing since again.

It has always been a worry to me especially as my FI and I both really want to have a child.

So during this conversation with FI tonight it comes out that he would rather have a child before we got married. I had no idea why until tonight, he has said it to me before but I never thought to question why. He says a family is more important to him than marriage and that he wouldn''t want to get married then find out we can''t have children. That really upset me. Basically, if I am barren then he will toss me aside for a fertile woman is how that reads to me. I feel VERY loved tonight.
4.gif
But that is another issue.

I have no qualms as such about having a baby before we get married. We have always said that if a baby came first then never mind. We both want one so it doesn''t matter in what order the marriage and baby happen. But after tonight it seems to be more important than I had previously been lead to believe.

So to get to the point of this post...I need to prove to MYSELF (NOT him...not happy with him right now) that I can lose weight and hopefully stimulate ovulation again then we can TTC. I want nothing more in this world than to have my own family.

It just seems unfair of him to tell me all this now though, had I known 3 years ago that he really felt this way I could have lost the weight by now and we could actually have stood a chance of having a baby before I hit 30 like I always wanted. Now it will be 2 years of hard weight loss, then gos knows how long TTC, then planning a wedding and having to shift baby weight for it. In that case I will be at least 34 by the time we finally tie the knot. Not how I invisaged my life panning out.

I wanted to see if any other women here have faced a similar situation with perods becoming very irregular or stopping due to being overweight? Did your periods return to normal after weight loss?

I need to know there is hope for me. I face a long battle trying to lose A LOT of weight. I weigh 21 stone. Even if I were still having periods I could not even attempt pregnancy at this weight. It would be a disaster. So the plan is lose weight, hope for ovulation and then TTC.

Please share your experiences here. As I said, I need to know there is hope for me.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hon, I have no experience here, but you can certainly lose the weight if you set your mind to it. It's really about thinking that it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. BIG HUGS. You can get through this.

But honestly, I am really worried about what your fiance said to you! Having just had 2 kids myself, I understand how incredibly important children are. But to imply that he wouldn't marry you if you can't bear his children is a bit much IMO and makes me wonder if he's in the relationship for the right reasons AND if you are losing the weight/TTC for the right reasons. If you really want a child ASAP that is one thing. If you are spurred to lose the weight and TTC right away because of his ultimatum, you might want to reconsider marrying this man.

I hope this didn't come across as harsh, but it really seems like your FI doesn't have his head screwed on straight here...and you deserve to marry someone whose head is on straight!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Neatfreak - You didn't come across has harsh at all. I just had pretty much the same conversation with a friend about this too.

He has always been a bit funny about the marriage issue. I shouldn't make him sound bad, but he is odd in his thinking. He is quite scared about giving up his independance in that respect. It seems silly after we have lived together for 6 years though. It's just him being him. The conversations about setting a date always seem to end the same way - with him freaking out about it. It's another issue really though.

We do both want children and would be more than happy for that to happen anytime. It did come across as really cruel from him though, they way he worded it to me tonight.

I think he spurred me on to get on with losing weight though. I am trying not to see it as an ultimatum, but rather a motivating factor. I have been saying/trying/failing to lose weight for yeas now and he knows that. He loves me as I am but he wants me to be healthy and he knows as well as I do that I am not physically fit enough to carry a child right now.

I just worry that losing weight will not be enough, that the damage is already done and there will be no way I can concieve. THAT scares me as I don't know where it would leave us. We always said in that case we would adopt no question. But tonight he has changed his stance and is saying he wants his own child and nothing else. I am hoping that the new year's eve drinking has contributed to his stubborness tonight!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Like Neat, I have no advice in the area other than to say that it seems like if the weight is the only reason you are not getting your period, then more than probably, your periods should resume once you are at a healthy weight.

But your it sounds like your FI is making an excuse not to marry you. If it were so important to him then he could have told you that a while ago, and perhaps you would have decided that you didn''t want to be with someone who would only marry you if you could bear a child. It seems very odd to me that infertility is a dealbreaker to him. Is that all he wants to get out of a marriage? Wow! I sure hope his sperm count is good!

Personally, I would run! Even IF you lost the weight AND have a baby, how do you know he won''t leave you for another petty issue?

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
hmmmmm..... Yep there are definitely other issues here. He is putting off marriage for whatever reason (fear of commitment) and is making excuses.

He probably does want you to lose weight, just to be healthier, and maybe he is using the baby as leverage. He knows if he will agree to adoption you don''t "have" to lose weight and maybe that''s all he really wants. At least that''s my best guess since I don''t know either of you.

You just have to decide what you will put up with. Losing weight is a wonderful idea. Not only for conception, but also so that you can be healthy for your kids. But make sure you are doing it for you.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, I think you have every right to be upset. Does your FI want you or does he want a uterus???

I do think that your FI has a right to be concerned about your health, your weight, and how it may impact your lives together going forward - such as if you are unable/unwilling to lose weight and thus have fertility issues, or if you have other health concerns that affect your life with him and the things you can do together. Similar to someone being concerned about their partner smoking. But those concerns are WAY WAY different then saying conceive a child before I''ll marry you. That suggests that your childbearing capability is way more important than your other qualities in terms of being his life partner. If you needed a hysterectomy tomorrow, would he dump you for someone able to carry his biological child or would he continue to be your partner in life?

As someone who has been overweight, though not obese, for a while, I think that you need to lose weight for you, not because of your FI''s threats or whatnot. Sure, his comments might be a kick start, but do this for you. Because you are worth it, your health is worth it, and its your life, and you want to be healthy both to bear a child and raise a child.

For your own piece of mind, I would return to the doctor and ask about your fertility and weight issues more specifically, and weightloss programs. The doc should hopefully be able to reassure you and provide some guidance.

You also might rethink this whole fiance thing. Doesn''t sound like he''s interested in marrying the you that exists now. Maybe a future him might be interested in marrying a future you, but its not clear if he is just throwing up obstacles because of his general marriage-phobia, if he really thinks its ok to require proof of fertily prior to a wedding (its not) or if he just phrased his concerns about your health very, very badly. But if you''ve been engaged for five years and he''s balking about setting a date, I think it warrants some more investigation. Best of luck to you.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
You CAN do this, for yourself and for your future, whatever that may be. I think you should focus on yourself and your health for as long as it takes to lose the weight, then decide whether you want a future with him or without him.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any good advice but I am sending you a giant HUG ((((())))))

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Getting healthy = great goal!
36.gif
I am sure your body will return to its healthy fertility when you reach a healthier weight. You don''t need to weight 150lbs to be healthier either. Even losing 15-20% of your body mass will make a tremendous difference. See a nutritionist and get help, that will make things easier. You can do it, and having children is a great motivation for achieving your goal.

Buuuut... you need to think long and hard about whether you want to have children with this man. He won''t commit to marriage but he will commit to having a child with you?
33.gif
Those two don''t add up. It is one thing if two people mutually agree that marriage is not a necessary step in the commitment process, and mutually agree that they will have children and live as life partners without a formal marriage. But it is another thing completely to be scared to death of marriage and then say, "Oh, wait, I will have kids with you!" Although, it is a pretty safe contingency for him to throw out, since he and you both assume it will take you 2 years to become healthy (as I mentioned, it may not take that long for you to become healthy enough to safely become pregnant...).

I wish you all the best, but my spidey senses are tingling big time about the nuances of the story that you are telling us. I know there is surely more, but I also know that when a man or woman is very scared of commitment, things rarely work out well.

{{{HUGS}}} And good luck with your weight loss journey!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Just curious, if it was your original plan to have a baby before you were 30 how come you didn''t do that?

Losing weight is absolutely something to do to get fit and healthy, but conceiving a child WILL be about the both of you. And you want to choose a suitable father for your child, right? Well then, you need to think a lot harder about your fiance. Having a child will not lead to getting married, and having a child does not solve the prior issues that existed between you. There''s obviously some commitment issues that are present and you really should work those out before you ttc. Think long and hard about whether you would be happy having a child and never getting married. There are plenty of couples that stay together and are happy without getting married, just make sure you could be one of them.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sweetie, I am so sorry you are going through this, I know what it''s like to be very very overweight, and it can be so cripplingly depressing that sometimes you just can''t see an end to it all.

I will share with you my story to let you know that you can do it!!! Over the past year I have lost 25kg (over 50 pounds) and I thought I would never ever do it. I am only half way to my goal weight, so with over 100 pounds to lose intitially, it was a horrendous task, but little by little you can do it. However you need to do it for yourself, not to provide another person with a uterus for their child. If you want to, there are other threads dedicated to losing weight and giving each other support, so check in there for help, advice etc

But I have to say, I am very worried about your FI attitude. I certainly wouldn''t be trying to have a baby with this man if he doesn''t want to marry you if you can''t have children. Maybe I could suggest some counselling together to sort out these issues, it sounds like it''s deeper than your weight problems. Having a baby won''t fix them. My heart goes out to you, it really does.

Please just believe in yourself and take each new day as an opportunity to strive for your goals. Remember, a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Good luck!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending hugs Merry! I agree with the other girls advice-getting healthy for you is a great thing, but I would be weary about having his baby. Obviously you know him better than we do but from reading your post, it does seem like he is trying to put off a wedding.

Honey-I didn''t know you lost that much-wow!! Any tips?

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I see this situation slightly differently from everyone else, perhaps because I''m in a similar situation.......sort of.

Some couples want different things and a strong relationship will continue if both sides admit the truth and compromise to make it work. Like Hera said, not all relationships end in marriage. You are shocked and hurt by his candor but you now know what he wants for you, for him and for you both. What you need to decide is do you want the same things?

You both want long term commitment, you''re both coming at from different angles tho. From his point of view, you aren''t committing yourself to him because you''re not losing the weight to enable you both to move forward and become a family. From your point of view, he''s not making the commitment to get married then start a family. Your Fiance loves you and obviously wants you to get healthy and fit and wants a baby with you and those are more important to him than marriage. I think he is testing you too tho. He can''t lose the weight for you and he can''t carry the baby so he''s frustrated at not being able to change the present circumstances and he sees that the ''wedding'' is more important to you so what does he do.......use what you want more against you!

The compromise in my opinion would be, try losing a wee bit of weight, work together to do this, aim for 10% loss, this will have a huge impact on you both. Go see your doctor and get checked out, make a plan together. Who''s to say that you can''t get married when you are pregnant. If you love him and he loves you then you can work it out together.

2009 is going to be my year too, I will be starting my healthy living plan at the end of January to lose weight and get healthy to start a family. My DH feels similarly frustrated that he can''t do it for me so he has to trust me and support me enough that I do it for us both but more importantly that I lose the weight and get fit for me and our future. Its hard to face the truth sometimes but once we do it makes it easier to see what is ahead for us and what path we want to go down.

Whatever you decide, there are lots of people who will help and support you on PS. Good luck.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry,

For your health and wellbeing, maybe now is the time to hold your nose and just jump in and commit to losing some weight? Take that step in the very near future and make a commitment and set a goal, for example that you will not go hungry while you do this, and by the end of February you will work towards losing 10 pounds as an example. That should be doable.

You know we are all there to support you on the HLT as soon as you are ready to make the big change!
35.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 7:46:57 AM
Author: Po10472

I see this situation slightly differently from everyone else, perhaps because I''m in a similar situation.......sort of.

Some couples want different things and a strong relationship will continue if both sides admit the truth and compromise to make it work. Like Hera said, not all relationships end in marriage. You are shocked and hurt by his candor but you now know what he wants for you, for him and for you both. What you need to decide is do you want the same things?

You both want long term commitment, you''re both coming at from different angles tho. From his point of view, you aren''t committing yourself to him because you''re not losing the weight to enable you both to move forward and become a family. From your point of view, he''s not making the commitment to get married then start a family. Your Fiance loves you and obviously wants you to get healthy and fit and wants a baby with you and those are more important to him than marriage. I think he is testing you too tho. He can''t lose the weight for you and he can''t carry the baby so he''s frustrated at not being able to change the present circumstances and he sees that the ''wedding'' is more important to you so what does he do.......use what you want more against you!

The compromise in my opinion would be, try losing a wee bit of weight, work together to do this, aim for 10% loss, this will have a huge impact on you both. Go see your doctor and get checked out, make a plan together. Who''s to say that you can''t get married when you are pregnant. If you love him and he loves you then you can work it out together.

2009 is going to be my year too, I will be starting my healthy living plan at the end of January to lose weight and get healthy to start a family. My DH feels similarly frustrated that he can''t do it for me so he has to trust me and support me enough that I do it for us both but more importantly that I lose the weight and get fit for me and our future. Its hard to face the truth sometimes but once we do it makes it easier to see what is ahead for us and what path we want to go down.

Whatever you decide, there are lots of people who will help and support you on PS. Good luck.

I think you just worded my thoughts better than I communicated them myself here.

I''m not saying that what everyone else has said here is wrong - believe me I have often wondered "What''s the point?" and considered just leaving. However, this post really put down the words jumbled up in my head. I know he loves me and he wants to be with me. I see marriage as VERY important though. I don''t know why. I realise it''s not neccessarily they right way in this day and age, but it is a value I hold dear. I would like a family in the traditional sense. I want us to all share his family name.

He is a strong willed and somewhat stubborn character (a bit like his mother!) but he does love me. If he didn''t, he would have left years ago. He is forthright and straight to the point. He doesn''t think about how his words hurt me sometimes though. he likes to be brutally honest.

We have become rather static in the last few years together. I got engaged thinking that within 2 years we would be married...that never happened so I all but gave up. I think I gave up on everything else too. I let myself go and now face a huge battle to lose about 9 stone and get healthy again.

Believe me, I want to do this for myself not for him. I am desperately unhappy being this weight and would love nothing more than to be slimmer and healthier. It would improve the relationship. I would want to go out and so the things he enjoys too, like nature walks etc. We used to do that all the time but since I gained so much weight I find it a struggle as I get intense back acke when walking so I am limited. I''d rather not go than do it and be in agony.

He gets frustrated because it limits what we can do in more than one sense. We can''t progress and have a family because it would be hazardous to my health. I would love everything to come together this year.

Po10472 - He IS testing me. He is always testing me. He tests everyone, it''s just how he is. I think he thinks that the tough love approach will spur me on and make me determined to succeed for us both. I''ve told him tht I find that method hard though. My last relationship before him ended very badly...that''s a whole other story though...but it left me with little self confidence. I find gentle pushing and encouragement easier to work with, not brutal honesty and demands.

I make him sound like a total git, he really isn''t. He is mild mannered, gentle, generous and kind. He makes me laugh all the time. This issue is his weakness though. It makes us fall out and I hate it.

I have spoken to him this morning about it all and got really upset. Immediately he was there trying to comfort me somewhat. He''s not an ogre, nor is he a typical "bloke".

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Merry, what you said is like looking in the mirror.

Your FI is powerless at the moment, all he has is brutal honesty - how you choose to deal with that is what will make the difference.

Ok, we are in the same position here, albeit I''m married, but the circumstances are the same. We both have the same desire. I need to lose a lot of weight, I want a baby (I''ll be 37 in April so time is against me too) and I have a very unhappy me and frustrated DH. So, we have ironed out all our issues and made a plan, together, cos its going to take a lot of hard work and tears and tantrums on both sides so we''re both in it. I have to do all the hard work in terms of fitness and losing weight but for the first time I''m not scared to make that committment because the payoff is everything that I want (fingers crossed). You need to look at it from this angle too. If like me, you are unhappy with yourself then only you can change that. Don''t let the fear of failure stop you from trying.

Do you often start something you can''t finish? Why, cos you''re afraid you won''t do it and be successful? How do you know until you try? I''ve had a rubbish year and glad to see the back of 2008 but on reflection I''ve actually achieved a lot for myself because I completed and finished things, something I have a tendency not to do or make really difficult for myself. I now realise that you need to take the first step, complaining and moaning about it doesn''t get it done.

Look, lets help each other on here, lets do this together and any others along the way. Forget about the big number and focus on the little things, find a plan that works for you, give it a week, if you don''t like it, try something else next week, but keep trying. The journey will get easier over time and like a rollercoaster you''ll have your ups and downs but if you go in with a plan then you won''t fail, but like the old adage, fail to plan, plan to fail.

Its a new year, a new you so don''t get too down, you''ve needed this to kickstart your plan and your FI will be there to support you as will your PS friends.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Po and Merry, if you both want to do this together you could always start your very own thread in the Healthier Lifestyle Forum where you can swap tips, progress and just support each other as weight loss buddies!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Po10472 - Thank you. I am so glad I ma not the only one in this position. I was beginning to feel like I was going crazy with worry and blowing it all out of proportion.

Between your words of encouragement and the support network over on the HLT I am sure this year CAN be a success. I would be more than happy to do it together! Afterall, we have a common goal!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
good thinking batman, will think of an appropriate thread topic and post it - what do you think Merry?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to send you a great big hug and say see you over in the HLT thread...it is a great place!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
If your guy likes brutal honesty so much I''d give him some.

"Dear, you need to love me wide as a hippo or thin as a stick, able to have children or not. This isn''t negotiable for me. Make a decision and let me know."

But that''s just me. I don''t believe in trying to change people. You either love or you don''t. If the person isn''t OK the way they are, then you should move on...not tell them they have to lose weight, produce a child, and then get married.

Good luck.
1.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 8:46:50 AM
Author: Po10472
good thinking batman, will think of an appropriate thread topic and post it - what do you think Merry?

Sounds like a great idea!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 11:50:09 AM
Author: purrfectpear
If your guy likes brutal honesty so much I''d give him some.

''Dear, you need to love me wide as a hippo or thin as a stick, able to have children or not. This isn''t negotiable for me. Make a decision and let me know.''

But that''s just me. I don''t believe in trying to change people. You either love or you don''t. If the person isn''t OK the way they are, then you should move on...not tell them they have to lose weight, produce a child, and then get married.

Good luck.
1.gif
emidea.gif
emthup.gif
emthup.gif
emthup.gif

once again the voice of reason and sanity!

movie zombie

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Merry: Muwh! Big hug and kiss to you.

I have four points to make, if you will indulge me.

1. I don''t like how this has all come about. I like some others before me smell a rat. Men can be so indirect at times you can''t help but see what they really do mean. You seem very confident about your FI but I would have a think about whether he actually wants to get married or not. (Sorry)

2. It sounds like you are almost at the point where you want to lose some weight. When you start, do it for you. If not the weight can come back in a year or two and often brings company. I know friends who gained more than they lost because they either lost it for the wrong reasons or the wrong way. Take care of yourself.

3. Flip it. What would your FI think if you told him that you won''t have children until you are married. (I tend to flip things a lot. If somebody does or says something and I feel queasy, I imagine if I would do the same thing to them. If not then they behaved inappropriately for me. I like to live as closely as possible to: Do as you would like to be done by.)

4. Take it for a walk. Lets say you do get pregnant (and of course you will, all going well). When does it end. Will he marry you then or do you have to safely deliver a child. Does it have to be a boy/girl? What if you deliver a child with disability? How long after you give birth will he make you wait to make sure you have delivered a healthy baby - 6 months/ 1 year / 16 years? I am sorry this sounds terrible. But really it does sound like a terrible condition to have given you. Where does it end?

Take care.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Merry, I''m so sorry to hear that. It''s tough anytime a relationship hits a crossroads like that. Not to excuse what your fi said at all, but do you know what his cultural background is? In the country where my father was from in Eastern Europe, in the island village he grew up in, it was common to try to get the fiancee pregnant before becoming married, because children were needed to work the land, so children were economically essential to their island''s culture. My grandparents'' first child, my father''s older sister, was born before they got married for this reason, but even though this was common in their village back then, this has fallen out of favor since the 1930s - no one has done it in a while. Still, if he comes from a family with that type of background, he may feel that children are essential or a predecessor to marriage ...

Like I said, though, I definitely don''t agree with this outdated practice, especially since there are so many ways to add children to a family these days. I think that both people in the relationship need to be on the same page about whether or not to have kids, for sure, but it sounds like that''s not an issue for you guys since you both want them. Even if fertility turned out to be an issue, there are always medical treatments, and adoption as well. Though, I do know that some men are not as interested in adopting because they want children that are genetically their own. Again, not an opinion shared by all, but I have heard many men feel this way.

Perhaps the bigger issue is how your weight is affecting your health - he may be using the fertility issue as a way to address future health problems that can occur if someone is obese. He may be concerned about aviodable health issues, like type 2 diabetes and heart disease, and is maybe worried about your future together if your weight is causing health problems.

I have a good friend who had always been on the heavier side, but after being with her boyfriend for about a year, she had gotten up to around 300 lbs. at 5''7". She had developed sleep apnea, high blood pressure and terrible asthma. Her boyfriend was thinking about proposing, but he was a single dad of two, and was worried about her health and was worried that she would continue to gain, and get sicker, as the relationship progressed. After they talked about it, she decided to join Overeaters Anonymous and with the support of that group and her boyfriend, she lost 140 lbs. She kept telling me how much healthier and better she felt - she had a totally renewed zest for life, because her asthma wasn''t affecting her daily the way it once had. They got engaged & married, and now have 2 small children of their own. Her doctors were always telling her that she would have trouble conceiving if she didn''t lose weight, but she had no problem since she had changed her lifestyle. She is always telling me that she has so much energy to take care of her kids, and is glad that she got healthy and turned a new leaf.

I don''t think that everyone needs to be model-thin (goodness knows I''m not) but I do know that daily exercise and healthy eating are so good for the body and brain, it''s really essential to be healthy not only for yourself, but for your future DH and kids. I know that it''s a really tough journey to embark upon but my friend swears by Overeaters Anonymous & is always saying that her sponsor saved her life, so I guess I would recommend that as a place to start ...

I want to wish you luck & my support on your journey, and in your relationship. It sounds like you''re going through a tough time, and I hope that everything works out for you guys ...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
merry, I know I''m a little late in coming to this, but wanted to chime in here, as someone who has also struggled with my weight. First, a very short history of my problems: I was in a bad car accident in college (about 5.5 years ago) and gained a lot of weight as a result. I had always struggled with my weight but was able to control it by being extremely active, and when I couldn''t, I really had trouble figuring out what to do.

I gained a ton of weight (45 lbs on a 5''3" frame), and I felt useless and disgusting. It took me years to reach a point where I was able and ready to confront it head-on. I did that two years ago, and starting in January 2007, I lost and have kept off close to 50 lbs, with slight fluctuations (about 5 lbs around holiday time).

That said, I really feel for the situation you are in - its so tough to struggle so hard with yourself and it sounds like you are really feeling the pain of this in so many ways. I would encourage you, in addition to taking positive steps for your health and weight (and you really will feel SO MUCH BETTER when you do this!), to consider talking to a counselor about underlying issues that may be hampering your ability to make progress on this. It sounds like, as for so many women, there is a lot of psychology wrapped up in your weight for you, and sorting through that with a professional I really feel could help you to make progress sooner and more effectively.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Merry, I wish you the best on your journey but I like many others have said I hope you are doing this for yourself.Hugs to you and good luck on your journey.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to thank everyone for their input to this thread.

I want to assure you all that I am doing it for me and my future. Not for him!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 4:13:10 PM
Author: marcyc

Merry, I wish you the best on your journey but I like many others have said I hope you are doing this for yourself.Hugs to you and good luck on your journey.

Marcy, I was about to mention that she join the HLT to get inspiration from your achievements....you did things the right way and lost it slow and steadily and totally changed your lifestyle.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2009 4:24:09 PM
Author: steph72276

Date: 1/1/2009 4:13:10 PM
Author: marcyc

Marcy, I was about to mention that she join the HLT to get inspiration from your achievements....you did things the right way and lost it slow and steadily and totally changed your lifestyle.

Steph - I have been a regular poster in the HLT for a few months now. I somehow fell off the wagon lately though.

I have reclaimed my seat there now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results