shape
carat
color
clarity

New Furniture--The Cats Approve!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is just for fun. We've been bringing a lot of new furniture into the house since we got back from the honeymoon. I think the boys believe it is their duty to test each and every piece out for comfort.

I only have one picture, but they've been snuggling up EVERYWHERE.

Here they are on our new sofa. (We put the throw blanket across the back in case they decide to tear it up.)
From left to right, here's Manny, Geddy (from my avatar), and Vince:

KittyApprovedSofa.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s all, just wanted to share with someone because they''re so darn cute.

Please post pics of your furbabies checking out the furniture if you have ''em, too!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Haven, your furbabies are ADORABLE! What a sweet picture.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL. What cute kitties! They're all trying to rub their facial pheromones on the new couch FIRST!
2.gif

Gosh I love kitties. Wish I could squish them!!!!

ETA: The one on the left looks the chubbiest. I love them chubby!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does this count as "Furniture"?
2.gif

20070515215554_07E1.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Adorable, Elle! Your kitty looks like our big guy, Manny. And yes, he IS the one on the left, and he is definitely the chubbiest.

What''s your kitty''s name?

I have a picture of Vince on the toilet like that, I''ll post it when I can find it.

Hubby is so upset that we can''t get his weight down. We measure everything they eat, we work them out by playing with them all the time, yet Manny''s weight does not go down. We''ve tried lighter foods, less food, everything. He''s just a big guy. He weighs in at 15 lbs, and the little guy, Geddy, is only seven pounds, yet they get the same amount of food!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe! They look quite comfortable on their new furniture!
28.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 2:57:57 PM
Author: Haven
Adorable, Elle! Your kitty looks like our big guy, Manny. And yes, he IS the one on the left, and he is definitely the chubbiest.

What''s your kitty''s name?

I have a picture of Vince on the toilet like that, I''ll post it when I can find it.

Hubby is so upset that we can''t get his weight down. We measure everything they eat, we work them out by playing with them all the time, yet Manny''s weight does not go down. We''ve tried lighter foods, less food, everything. He''s just a big guy. He weighs in at 15 lbs, and the little guy, Geddy, is only seven pounds, yet they get the same amount of food!
Toilet cat is Ferris. His buddy used to be Cameron (a nod to Ferris Bueller''s Day Off), but Cameron died a few years ago. We adopted another rescue kitty to keep Ferris company, his name is Nietzsche.

Ferris is 16 pounds. 11 pounds when I brought him home at 2 years old. Nietzsche was 6 when we got him, brought him home at about 12 pounds, he''s now 17. I always have fat cats, I don''t know why! It always happens! I have no idea what its like to have a 7 lb cat.

We measure out one cup of dry food per day, per cat, and they are fed twice a day. So 1/2 cup in the AM, 1/2 at night. (The recommended amount according to Iams for "weight control") Sometimes they get wet food if they''re especially cute that day. We switched to hairball care indoor cat formula for the lower calories, but they still arent losing weight. I think maybe its time to go to senior formula? Ferris is 13 now, so he probably should have been on it a few years ago, but its hard to have 2 types of food with 2 different cats.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
How sweet! I love the color of your sofa! They look very happy that you bought THEM a sofa!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL....isn't that always the case? You know what helped me- I bought these chairs that were a little linen-y and look like a big scratching post so I put that double stick no scratch stuff there....really works! But then again, they are pretty good at the post...only very very seldom do I see Vin going for a quicky LOL...Best of luck and great color!

PS....edited- haha...I didn't see Vince..I just thought the second one on the right was really fat! Cute!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, if they know the camera is on them, they move, so you can''t see how amazing thier eyes are in most of our pics. Maggie, the tabby monster, has bright green eyes that are huge and this little round face. Odin has bright blue eyes and the most amazing muscle tone, he is a truely beautiful cat. They are very fond of each other, so they sleep together on all the peices of furniture and some other strange places as well.

sleepy heads.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Brazen, what sweethearts!
I love it when they''re all sleepy-eyed when they first wake up. So adorable.

I''m going to have a lot of furbaby pictures to post tomorrow, by the way, because today we officially adopted a dog from a local rescue shelter!!!! Her name is Bailee (we didn''t name her, but she knows it already), she''s a bull/hound mix (so they say) and she''s about 8 months old. She stole our hearts on Saturday, and as soon as she has her last vet visit tomorrow she is ours to bring home. I''M SO EXCITED!!!!

We just picked up the baby gates, crate, bed, etc. tonight. I can hardly wait to bring our baby home!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well not furniture, but here's Taka checking out my newest rat cage a few years ago. That little pink sausage looking thing was my beloved Piglet, a hairless rat
2.gif

Taka_monster-01.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Babyblue, that picture is PRICELESS! It needs to be in a mag or on a greeting card or something! Thanks for sharing.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I love the color of your sofa. It's awesome!!

You have some good furbabies. When mine were indoor cats, they trashed my sofa. Once they start using it as a scratching post, it never ends. I tried everything. Repositioning so that part was up against a wall and put a potted plant against it...didn't work. I tried covering it with foil before I left for work...didn't work. I tried some special spray that I bought at the pet store...didn't work.
11.gif

I read somewhere that they can't destroy wicker furniture, so I finally outsmarted my darn cats and gave away the sectional and purchased wicker furniture. Ha!! I won the battle of the beasts.
3.gif
They moped around for days. So I went out and bought them a scratching post, but they didn't want to have anything to do it. They would just try to scratch the wicker and end up stretching instead. They were too cute.

But now they are outdoor cats because I am just too allergic to them now.
7.gif
Besides once I bought my expensive leather sofa, my daughter let one of them in and he clawed it. Just once though, thank gawd.

I miss being able to cuddle with them. When I look at all the threads with the cats, it makes me go outside and play with mine. They always come to me as soon as they hear the screen door.
9.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 1:42:34 AM
Author: miraclesrule
I love the color of your sofa. It''s awesome!!

You have some good furbabies. When mine were indoor cats, they trashed my sofa. Once they start using it as a scratching post, it never ends. I tried everything. Repositioning so that part was up against a wall and put a potted plant against it...didn''t work. I tried covering it with foil before I left for work...didn''t work. I tried some special spray that I bought at the pet store...didn''t work.
11.gif

I read somewhere that they can''t destroy wicker furniture, so I finally outsmarted my darn cats and gave away the sectional and purchased wicker furniture. Ha!! I won the battle of the beasts.
3.gif
They moped around for days. So I went out and bought them a scratching post, but they didn''t want to have anything to do it. They would just try to scratch the wicker and end up stretching instead. They were too cute.

But now they are outdoor cats because I am just too allergic to them now.
7.gif
Besides once I bought my expensive leather sofa, my daughter let one of them in and he clawed it. Just once though, thank gawd.

I miss being able to cuddle with them. When I look at all the threads with the cats, it makes me go outside and play with mine. They always come to me as soon as they hear the screen door.
9.gif
I had a cat claw leather furniture before
29.gif

My current cat is declawed in front but I have this wicker basket she kneads, claws whatever & man she is ruining it, lol. On her way up to our pot shelves she does the same to the tops of the cabinets.
38.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven, your boys are ADORABLE! Look at ''em all! Hahaha! It''s rare that all 3 of mine are on the same piece of furniture at the same time. They all get along, but they don''t usually snuggle together like that!

P.S. The new couch is nice, too!
3.gif

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
I think elle''s and my cat would get along pretty well. They both seem to like hanging around the toilet.
9.gif
The only thing he does to our furniture (which is old) is use it as a scratching post. The one we have is too small for him, so anytime he uses it, he pulls it on top of him.

crickettoilet.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is Takumi on the couch. Staring at me, cross-eyed, as I try to take his pic.
1.gif

IMG_3137ps.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results