shape
carat
color
clarity

My dog the watch dog!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
29.gif
Our home was broken into last week but they didn''t get any further into our home than the one room that they came into. My dog, a rescued pitbull, always has free roam!
36.gif

The jerks came in through a window that they carefully removed using a ladder, they set the glass up against a tree leaving fingerprints thankfully. They did get away with several thousand dollars worth of my husbands collectable items which insurance is covering but it doesn''t cover your sense of security.

We had just gotten a safe but had not had it bolted down yet so it was empty and in another room. We''re using it now!

It''s really an awful feeling knowing someone was in our home. I''m afraid they''ll come back for more knowing what they missed and harm my dog in the process. Scary to think about. Otherwise we''re safe, just a bit on edge.

One of the things on our to-do list is new updated windows....moved to the top of the list now. Also a security system.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic of my boy. Good Dog!

DSC01028.JPG

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that!!! My apartment has never been broken into, so I cannot imagine the feeling of violation you must have. Even though nothing has ever happened to us, I STILL make my fiance double check that the door is locked at 2 in the morning every so often. Your dog is beautiful though, and so brave to keep them from going further!! Dogs really are wonderful aren''t they? Especially the really big angry barking ones that scare everyone else away, but when they''re with you are the sweetest little cuddly puppies. I hope they don''t come back, and your new windows and security system manage to put you at ease!!!!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Oh cnspotts, what a good boy you have!!!

I know how violated you must feel, and how you worry about them coming back and hurting your dog. It''s a fear I have too, although at the moment we don''t have a dog and our cat definitely will be hiding under the bed if anything happens
2.gif
. Back in late December, my FI and I woke up to find his car in our driveway missing tires and rims. While the idiots didn''t break into our home, I felt violated enough knowing that they were just feet from our house during the night!

Glad to hear you are looking into a security system and new windows!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how scary. We haven''t been robbed but our new neighbors were just a few months ago and all her jewelry was stolen. I''m glad you guys are ok. I think getting those new windows put in and getting an alarm system will make you feel better. Your dog is precious!!!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!
32.gif
That''s horrible...your sense of security must be shot right now. But yeah
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
for your dog!!!! What hero...a handsome one at that!
30.gif

Did they catch the m*f*ers that broke in?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww what a story!! i have only had my car broken into but the sense of violation i felt then was so strong, i can't even imagine the home...it's horrible! good luck with getting back to normal and praise that good dog of yours!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
He''s a VERY HANDSOME boy!! You must be proud...if they come back, I hope he bites them in the ar$e!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet boy! So sorry about the break in...Yikes, I can''t imagine b/c we had a break in attempt l;ast month and we think hubby walked in right when it was happening...and I still was totally freaked.

Yes, get that alarm system and you''ll be totally good to go. Sorry about the theft. Sux. Bastards.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
what a handsome boy! my FI''s best friend has a pitbull, her name is Princess
5.gif
He doesn''t live in the nicest part of town and always feels safer knowing she''s around.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the comforting thoughts and good dog praises. We''re starting to feel more comfortable in our house again but that first night I was totally sleepless and running on adrenaline the next day. Husband completely adores this dog now, one which he NEVER wanted in the first place. For me I have to have a dog to feel safe after having spent a big part of my life sleeping alone and once finding a peeping Tom on my 2nd story deck outside my bedroom. Dogs just "know" and hear better than we do which adds to my sense of well being.
17.gif

Well after asking around I''m disappointed to hear that even with a security system so many people still have break-ins with extreme losses.
15.gif
We''ve decided a "safe room" with reinforced steel walls and new windows throughout would be the best way to prevent such a big loss should it happen again. We''re still a bit fearful that whoever it was will be back because of what they saw and had to leave behind. Some of the items are completely irreplaceable, others are just "stuff".

I hope no one else has to go through this, it''s awful. A coworker tells me that even her neighbor, a cop (aka: Target), has had 3 break-ins in less than a year (decent neighborhood too) and one of those was while he was home! That would be the scariest to me.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 11:26:34 PM
Author: cnspotts
Thank you everyone for the comforting thoughts and good dog praises. We''re starting to feel more comfortable in our house again but that first night I was totally sleepless and running on adrenaline the next day. Husband completely adores this dog now, one which he NEVER wanted in the first place. For me I have to have a dog to feel safe after having spent a big part of my life sleeping alone and once finding a peeping Tom on my 2nd story deck outside my bedroom. Dogs just ''know'' and hear better than we do which adds to my sense of well being.
17.gif

Well after asking around I''m disappointed to hear that even with a security system so many people still have break-ins with extreme losses.
15.gif
We''ve decided a ''safe room'' with reinforced steel walls and new windows throughout would be the best way to prevent such a big loss should it happen again. We''re still a bit fearful that whoever it was will be back because of what they saw and had to leave behind. Some of the items are completely irreplaceable, others are just ''stuff''.

I hope no one else has to go through this, it''s awful. A coworker tells me that even her neighbor, a cop (aka: Target), has had 3 break-ins in less than a year (decent neighborhood too) and one of those was while he was home! That would be the scariest to me.
Is this something that has been recently happening in your neighborhood? It sucks when you move into a place and feel safe and then this happens.
38.gif
I agree dogs add a an extra sense of security because even the smallest ones will protect you.

Is your dog a full Pit? His muzzle reminds me of a lab. I love those pictures you posted it''s like he''s saying ''Don''t mess with me, my house or my peeps!!!''
21.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
What a good dog! And he''s so handsome and looks so tough!

Do the cops have any leads? I''m glad to hear that they left behind prints (idiots). I would think they''d be deterred from coming back any time in the near future, knowing that the cops will be on watch. I''m so glad that they only got stuff and didn''t harm you or your family or your animals. I''m sure you will feel more secure when you get the security system installed.

Have you thought about starting a neighborhood watch?

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Your boy is a very handsome fellow!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results