shape
carat
color
clarity

*moremoremore!!*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Long time no chat! Your house is gorgeous!!! I''ve missed so much while I was gone! So glad to see my favorite people are still on though!
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
HEY THERE!!!! Great to hear from you!!!! Thanks so much! I really don''t come here to much anymore either...funny, when I was working I somehow always managed to find the time
11.gif
How ya been? Now that I''m looking for a job and am sitting on the computer, I seem to find the time too
41.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
MMM!

Hey! Any more pics/updates for us? Hope all is well!!!!
1.gif

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Your house looks beautiful and I''m glad you''ve settled into NC well. I''m sure it is very different from NY!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
It''s all about procrastination--you can find the time when you have too much on your plate that you want to avoid!
2.gif
I went MIA because I had a baby girl 7 months ago (surprise!) Don''t worry though; I''m not one of those women. I do stay home with my baby but I''m still working full-time (my boss let''s me do most of my work from home and is okay with my random hours (often 10PM until 6AM). It gets really crazy when I have client meetings, but it''s worth it!

Your house really looks fabulous; how long have you been there (sorry in advance if you mentioned it before)? We''re not that together and we bought our house 2 years ago
38.gif
Pathetic, but we only recently got one car in our 3 car garage. We blame it on the baby
31.gif

Speaking of, I''ve got some feeding to do. Good luck with your job search!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2008 9:21:47 PM
Author: researcher
It''s all about procrastination--you can find the time when you have too much on your plate that you want to avoid!
2.gif
I went MIA because I had a baby girl 7 months ago (surprise!) Don''t worry though; I''m not one of those women. I do stay home with my baby but I''m still working full-time (my boss let''s me do most of my work from home and is okay with my random hours (often 10PM until 6AM). It gets really crazy when I have client meetings, but it''s worth it!

Your house really looks fabulous; how long have you been there (sorry in advance if you mentioned it before)? We''re not that together and we bought our house 2 years ago
38.gif
Pathetic, but we only recently got one car in our 3 car garage. We blame it on the baby
31.gif

Speaking of, I''ve got some feeding to do. Good luck with your job search!!!
Hey researcher,
Had to high jack this thread for a sec, congrats on your baby girl!!!! Hope all is well with you!!!
35.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Lisa!
All is well--thanks for asking and for the congrats! My life has been crazy, but it''s wonderful at the same time. I''ll email you a link to my website in case Nan hasn''t
1.gif

I hope all is well with you!!!
35.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh Congrats! It must have been hard to remain vertical carrying a baby AND that ring LOL..!!! 10-6....? Ouch. You're like a superhero if you ask me, so it's ok if you sit there and work in your matching pink jogging suit...I'll let it slide! hahaha

Thanks re the house to all...we've been in the house for maybe a little over 1 1/2 months. Hubby has some real ocd issues and wanted a lot of stuff done before we got here so I really had "no choice" poor me
41.gif
... there is still plenty to do upstairs....I still have football borders and rose wallpaper in the gues bath and some carpet let in the master bath. Ummm, delicious!

Be well and don't work too hard!

No new pix, since the camera card reader/cord thing remains MIA. I really need to just get a new card reader...

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I love your house (just now saw the whole threads devoted to a possible move---). Unfortunately, we thought about Cary, NC a year ago, but opted to buy a 600sf condo in Orange County instead
7.gif
7.gif

We paid $309K.....now of course it is worth about $250-260K so we are STUCK for the next 5-7 years (just to get our downpayment back, HOPEFULLY!!!!). Then we will def re-consider a move to a place like NC (there are a bunch of colleges in a small area, which is good for us, since we work in higher ed), or even outside of Philadelphia, PA (so I can go back to work at UPenn)......

Just somewhere cheaper, where a joint income of 110K doesn''t feel so damn little
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
Granted we are just out of grad school, but seriously
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This is so nice to see your new home. I love your street picture - it makes me homesick for Maryland! I could just see myself strolling down that street. It looks so calm and nice. Congrats on your move and new place. You are making it look gorgeous - great decorating!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Beacon! I'm trying...not much has changed since I have to stop myself or I'll go broke trying to do it all at once!

UCLA- That sucks I'm sorry to hear that. But prices will go up again, trust me. I know what you mean, hubby and I were both working in NY making good bucks and it wasn't that much at all compared to the cost of living....But I do want to point out that salaries here are VERY much lower than in NY....Hubby had lost his NY job when we moved here and is new job with a better co pays 25k less...I'm still not working but jobs for what I'm looking for pay about half of NY....the house prices and taxes are less, for sure. But everything else is about the same imo...the cost of living in that respsect is not much less.....Best of luck and hang in there! Housing and living etc., has bound to be expensive around Philly...I went to school around the main line (I think that's what it's called).

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
moremoremore...beautiful house! i love the kitchen!
30.gif

i''ve recently moved into my new house and was hoping to get a better look at your backspash...it looks just like something that would work with my current scheme. could you help out?

thank you

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM, are you going to come to a CLT GTG if we have one?!?!
2.gif
9.gif
12.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi MMM!!!!

Any new pics that you can share? Hope all is well!!!!
36.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I love your home!!! Where in N.C do you live if you don''t mind? I was raised in Boone the upper western corner of the state, and my mom still lives there and has a home on Ocracoke Island. I miss North Carolina.
8.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Tacori- that depends...will you wear your pink jogging suit?
emteeth.gif

I got nothin Dani LOL....I have still yet to get a new card reader and my camera phone is a waste of time...but I guess me not doing much lately is a good reason not to post pix LOL...I am in the middle of an evil bathroom mini-redo...I hope to finish in a few weeks (and by evil, I mean just tell my husband...what? it's always been there? this old thing? I had this for months...insert evil laugh here!) But you can still help a sista out with regard to some lighting :)
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/decorating-lets-help-with-lighting.90448/

Congrats on the house SBDE! I'll take a close up with my stinky camera phone and post it....I usually know all the details and I have no idea who makes this....they come in big tiles and then smaller squares which I had the tile guy turn into subways (it was easy for him)....It's like a cool linen thing going on...I got it at Crossville Tile here in NC....I bet if you call there and ask for the girl I worked with (I'll try to find her name) and ask her she'll remember me...mainly because I freaked out bc the grain runs differently throughout...and she said to trust her...and she was right!

Macie- I hope you make it back here soon....
4.gif
We are right outside of Charlotte.....I've never heard of your mom's place but it sounds amazing just from the name!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
But all I own are pink jogging suits
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results