shape
carat
color
clarity

Miso soup???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock

Does anyone have a fabulous miso soup recipe? I Kombu seaweed, brown and white miso, tofu, and tons of seasoning fresh and dried. Anyone have a tried and true yummy miso soup recipe please????????????????????????

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
No, but mmmm now I''m hungry for miso.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I buy the best Miso paste from Japanese grocery store, and add fish flake paste to season, then after the soup boils, add chopped tofu, sliced mushroom (in moderation), and chopped green onion a few second before you turn off the heat.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I buy miso paste from the store and the dashi I use is premade, but not the little powder type. It is more like a teabag of all the dashi flavorings. This is quite authentic. I put this in for a few minutes. I like to use more water than what would normally be suggested. Do not boil the miso, it changes the taste.

I add wakame (seaweed) to the hot miso while cooking, plus tofu and also some thin noodles. Sprinkle chopped green onion on top before serving.

It is up to your taste, and the season, if you want to use red or white miso.

Writing this makes me want some - it is morning here in California and a very Japanese breakfast always included miso soup.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 12:32:09 PM
Author: Beacon
I buy miso paste from the store and the dashi I use is premade, but not the little powder type. It is more like a teabag of all the dashi flavorings. This is quite authentic. I put this in for a few minutes. I like to use more water than what would normally be suggested. Do not boil the miso, it changes the taste.

I add wakame (seaweed) to the hot miso while cooking, plus tofu and also some thin noodles. Sprinkle chopped green onion on top before serving.

It is up to your taste, and the season, if you want to use red or white miso.

Writing this makes me want some - it is morning here in California and a very Japanese breakfast always included miso soup.
1.gif
I love my miso soup with chopped green onion;
3.gif
if it doesn''t have the chopped green onion it isn''t the same.
15.gif

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
There is a sushi place nearby and on Saturdays they do a buffet. My favorite part is the miso soup. They have a big bowl/pot/couldren of the miso broth and you get to add however much of what ever toppings you want. Yummmm!!!!!!!!!!
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results