shape
carat
color
clarity

Lush Products?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I'm trying to put together a Christmas gift for my stepmother, and I've heard good things about Lush. I know she likes to pamper herself, but since I'm kind of clueless when it comes to bath stuff (I'm a bit of a tomboy), I was curious as to what Lush products are favorites 'round these parts.

Anyone? What would you like to receive as a gift from Lush?
9.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughters love the stuff. I briefly looked at the catalogue, but it seemed like there was so much stuff! I wouldn''t know where to begin. Sorry, unhelpful here.
33.gif

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Lush makes the cutest gift sets with products that complement each other. The wrapping is adorable. If you go to their store, I'd just smell all the scents and pick one of the prepackaged kits. I would love to recieve a gift like that.

Here's what I mean: Gift Sets

ooooh, I really want one now...
30.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 5:11:23 PM
Author: goldenstar
Lush makes the cutest gift sets with products that complement each other. The wrapping is adorable. If you go to their store, I'd just smell all the scents and pick one of the prepackaged kits. I would love to recieve a gift like that.

Here's what I mean: Gift Sets

ooooh, I really want one now...
30.gif

Thanks goldenstar! Those gift sets are cute.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a particular favorite scent you like? Which of those gift sets would you get the most use out of? They just have so many products, I'm overwhelmed!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a huge Lush fan! My fiance gave me a gift set once, and I was lucky that the one he chose did not have products that I would NOT want (I would not buy any face products just because my face is very sensitive). He just took a gamble and chose a random one - "Think Pink". It had bath bombs, soaps, body lotions, hand cream, and NO face products (hooray!).

If you know your stepmother''s likes and dislikes, then it''s safe to get a gift set. Otherwise she might end up with a gift set full of stuff she would never use (e.g. if she cannot take baths and the gift set includes 5 bath bombs) and only one or two products that she likes.

Anyway, on to my faves!

LUSH SOAPS! - I would love a TRUCK full of Lush soaps. Figs and Leaves is the best (smells delish and moisturizing and exfoliating), alkmaar (smells SO good), I should Coco (pieces of real coconut for exfoliating) and it smells like heaven
Buttercreams - used as soap except it is soft (heavenly bodies is the best one of them all - it''s like slathering chocolate on yourself but it actually cleanses your skin)
skin cleanser - Ocean Salt is great for exfoliating, it smells like a margarita at the beach
body butter - Buffy is a best seller because it is a hardcore scrub. It will scrub you completely smooth (it is a little messy though because it has so many oils in it and the scrubby pieces can clog up your drain catcher).
The bath bombs and bubble bars are fun, you can''t really go wrong with any of those if your stepmother likes baths.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I love honey everything so I would choose the Honey, It''s Christmas, or Honey Farm sets for myself.

Maybe honey scents are a safe bet for gift giving because florals can be hit or miss. I also think that the holiday type scents might be fun (e.g. peppermint). I agree with Crown Jewel, no face products. But Lip Balm is a-ok to me.
35.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
CrownJewel,

You are awesome! Thank you so much. I know she likes baths, so I''m thinking a few bath bombs, a few soaps, and a massage bar? Does that sound like a good combination?

(I know what you mean about facial products, I have sensitive skin too, so I''ll steer clear of those.)

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
oooh goldenstar! I have yet to try the Honey I Washed the Kids soap. Have you tried it? I know it is a best-seller, but I used to hate honey until just recently (no idea why).

I will have to go buy some soaps this weekend!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 6:10:58 PM
Author: goldenstar
I love honey everything so I would choose the Honey, It''s Christmas, or Honey Farm sets for myself.

Maybe honey scents are a safe bet for gift giving because florals can be hit or miss. I also think that the holiday type scents might be fun (e.g. peppermint). I agree with Crown Jewel, no face products. But Lip Balm is a-ok to me.
35.gif

Thanks! You make a good point about florals being hit or miss. I''m trying to base my choices carefully on reviews on the lush site, and I''ll look out for the honey scents. I love the scent of honey too. :)

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Great! If she likes baths then make sure there''s at least one bubble bar in the set. What''s a bath without bubbles?! :)

What is your budget?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Around $30, I think. So far, in my Lush basket, I have...

1 Alkmaar soap
1 Butterball bath bomb
1 All That Jas bath bomb
1 Amandopondo bubble bar
1 Therapy massage bar

Does that sound good? Is there anything you''d change? More/less of something?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 6:43:24 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Sounds perfect! I would love that gift. Great picks!!!

Yay! Thank you for all your help! :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lush makes some cool stuff, sort of homemade you could eat it type of stuff. It is great for the most part.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I love Lush''s "Buffy the Backside Slayer"!! It''s a moisturizing body bar with lots of scrubby coffee bits in it, it exfoliates your skin VERY well, and the bar melting into your skin under the hear of the water, leaving your skin super soft. It''s fab :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mum loves the Lush shop. I can''t go in there, the smell is so strong! I know someone who worked in a Bank and Lush opened a shop nextdoor. She ended up with such bad migraines from the smell she had to quit her job!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am allergic to a chemical that goes by many names but is usually listed as EDTA.....and almost all Lush products contain it. they do have one w/o EDTA which i bought but i don''t remember which one it is and i thought it was nice.

movie zombie

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/16/2007 12:52:54 PM
Author: Maisie
My mum loves the Lush shop. I can''t go in there, the smell is so strong! I know someone who worked in a Bank and Lush opened a shop nextdoor. She ended up with such bad migraines from the smell she had to quit her job!
Oh that''s awful! She must have been very sensitive to those smells. The glorious smells are what drew me to discover the store in Quebec City. I followed my nose, walked into the store, and felt like a little girl because the products are so FUN!

Lindsey I love the Buffy bar!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results