shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightweight Stroller

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Hello

I am looking to purchase a lightweight stroller. We already have the Chicco cortina travel system. I am looking for something lightweight that grandma can carry and push around with ease. I am looking at this one and I am looking for any thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks!
35.gif

http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=10587

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 10:25:32 PM
Author:mtjoya
Hello

I am looking to purchase a lightweight stroller. We already have the Chicco cortina travel system. I am looking for something lightweight that grandma can carry and push around with ease. I am looking at this one and I am looking for any thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks!
35.gif

http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=10587
I have the quest (pretty much the same thing) and it''s a great stroller. Many moms love their maclarens. Check craigslist as sometimes you can find it for less if you are lucky.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, TGal. Diapers.com is having a sale that takes 15 percent off. We are going with the gray!
41.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I like my Maclaren Volo a lot. I got it new for $70, and worth every penny. I have never missed the more deluxe features that some others have.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
We have a triumph. I''ve used it for a few months now. My only complaints are that the sunshade is terrible and there''s no place for cups. We do everything outside. Even our major mall is outside so she''s in the sun a lot. Also, now that we don''t leave without a sippy with water it would be nice to be able to store it since dropping stuff on the ground is her new favorite sport. We did buy an extended sunshade from I think safety 1st and we''re going to buy a stroller organizer.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know guys I think I might go with a little cheapy one. I mean inexpensive. I feel bad buying an expensive one when I already have the other one.

Thanks for the suggestions though!
36.gif
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

mtj let me know how you like it...at some point we''ll get an umbrella as well and not sure how much we want to spend.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I'm going to get an umbrella stroller after E no longer fits in the infant carrier anymore. Probably going with a Maclaren Triumph when they do a 20% off sale at BRU.

TDM, where did you get your Volo?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 1:42:42 PM
Author: FL Steph
I''m going to get an umbrella stroller after E no longer fits in the infant carrier anymore. Probably going with a Maclaren Triumph when they do a 20% off sale at BRU.

TDM, where did you get your Volo?

Steph, it was at Target. I don''t know why it was marked down so much. It was new in box.

Fiery''s points are good about the sunshade being inadequate and there being no good place inside for sippy cups etc. Definitely a valid criticism. It still works well for my purposes, though. I usually just use it inside the mall. For any longer outings or outside, I use my BOB.

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
LOL. I ordered this cheapy one. It''s prolly a play one for a doll or something. LOL..

FL Steph-I will see how it goes if not I will wait for the 20% at BRU.

TDM-Damn, that''s a great deal!

Mara-I bumped into a couple at Macy''s and they said that they love it. It''s sturdy and folds up tightly and it''s very compact.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
We have the Uppababy G-Lux and it is wonderful! It is a bit pricey, but I got mine from gilt.com for around $100.00.

It handles great, even "off road" and it is super light and really easy to collapse and put back up.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Another UppaBaby G-Luxe fan here. I was planning on getting a Maclaren, but it seemed like there wasn''t one that was perfect for us - the lightest ones didn''t recline, they all have an inadequate sunshade, skimpy basket, no cupholder, etc. We have the UppaBaby Vista for our main stroller so we decided to give it a shot. We love it. It''s super lightweight, has a huge sunshade, folds easily and it''s the same cost as a mid-range Maclaren.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 10:53:12 PM
Author: TanDogMom
I like my Maclaren Volo a lot. I got it new for $70, and worth every penny. I have never missed the more deluxe features that some others have.

We also have a Volo and love it. I see them at TJMaxx and Marshall''s as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results