shape
carat
color
clarity

Lawn service...CHECK!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
So FI and I have been debating about getting someone to come and mow our yard and just generally take care of things we don''t want to do outside. We''ve been procrastinating really badly and while I have a list of companies to call, I''ve just never gotten around to doing it. So I was at home today trying to think of a way to motivate FI to mow the lawn, when I heard a knock on the door. It was a guy who does lawns!! He works for 3 or 4 of the folks in my neighborhood and was doing some door to door self promotion. FI wasn''t home and I didn''t recognize the guy, so I said I''d think about it and let him know. FI and I talked and now we''re on a bi-monthly rotation for get this....$35!!! This includes mowing, trimming, edging, raking, and other small things on my double lot! I''m so excited I can''t even stand it! I can''t wait for this fall when I won''t have to rake leaves!!!

Now...I just have to get that cleaning service lined up...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thats great... wish I would just fork it out as well,, its a pain in the buttock sometimes, but the accounting side of me,,, starts to churn numbers and slaps me in the face to just put that notion aside. However, if/when we get a bigger lot I''ll definitely go that route,, someday.

applequeen

Shiny_Rock
That''s a great deal! Our yard is a disaster and DH never seems to have time to mow it. Our lives have been dedicated to this kitchen remodel and he''s been working late every night. We''ve used a couple landscaping/ mowing companies and they all seem to charge about $35 but that is only for mowing....nothing else.

Our yard is pretty big and we only have a push mower (takes about 2 hours to mow... it can be done in 30-45 on a riding mower). We''re debating buying a riding lawn mower (can''t right now due to the kitchen remodel) or just continuing to hire someone to do it for us. My vote is for DH to find time to mow the grass (even if it takes a couple of days to get all of it done a little at a time) and we''ll save for a riding mower. I just can''t stomach the idea of paying someone basically $70 an hour (assuming $35 for the job and it takes 1/2 hour to complete) to do something that we should be able to do but then I consider the opportunity cost of doing it ourselves and it makes sense again.
1.gif

BTW... Did you find a water heater? I was at our local Lowes on Saturday (my home away from home these days) and noticed a 40 gallon gas heater for around $350 (Memorial Day sale)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We did find a HWH, thanks for asking. We installed it on Wednesday and have been enjoying REALLY hot water ever since. I think this new one is more efficient than our old one because we have it set at the same temp but the water seems much hotter. I think we ended up getting it for around $398 and then FI had to get $200-worth of extra crap to install it. Our trip to HD this weekend was to return $40-worth of extra copper fittings he bought. *sigh* men.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had one house with a huge corner lot, and it was a dream to have people come and cut the lawn weekly. It was at that time (12 years ago?) $30 a week, and didn''t include the backyard (because we have dogs). You''re getting a steal there! You''ll love it. I loved it. They even did light weeding, which was *wonderful*. Good luck!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s the best Hudson you wont regret it! Every 3 weeks we come home to find the lawns looking beautiful, neat and tidy!

I am now trying for a cleaning lady!
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results