shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies who...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Workout during lunch, what do you do (aside from taking a shower) to cool your body back down so you are not sitting in the office all sweaty and icky? I always struggle with this during the summer months!

ETA: I don't mean that I am looking for something to replace showering, however, I find that when I go from working out really hard and being drench in sweat to a steamy shower and then to the muggy, hot outdoors to walk back into the office, my body is still so heated from the workout that I never stop sweating! YUCK! So, I have stopped working out during lunch but really want to start back again because it is just sooooooooo much easier to get it done before going home! Thanks for any tips in advance!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby wipes work well, talc and lavender body spray or cologne I find is good and you will get lots of compliments on the fragrance too. It smells so fresh that it cools you off fast. Or keep a damp flannel in a ziplock bag impregnated with a little diluted body wash and a drop of lavender oil. Tie hair up if it is long. I am busy outside with my animals from dawn to dusk and believe me I GET DIRTY
6.gif
6.gif
I don''t have much time to freshen up either after all that and fitting in my workout , I find these tips work well for me . A travel toothbrush kit also is good if you are on the run. Another tip is that if there is a hand dryer in the changing rooms, give your hair a quick blast under that if it feels a bit sticky, ruffling it at the roots. It will help to put some volume back in it.

Hope this helps
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just read your addition, maybe if you could find a few minutes in a cool place to sit quietly after your shower and in between walking back to the office, it would give your body a chance to cool off? I know it is worse for me as if I am already hot and have to rush, the hotter I get and the more I sweat so maybe a few quiet minutes would help if you can afford the time. Make sure the shower temp is tepid rather than cold
6.gif
or warm. Maybe if you try this it will let your body adjust a bit and go at a steady walk to the office and don''t rush( I know it''s hard!) you won''t " break out" in a sweat again. Hope this helps.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice Lorelei
35.gif
! I think the hard part is (as you mentioned) constantly rushing and feeling rushed, which causes stress and keeps your temperature elevated so it is harder to cool down. That is a good idea about the shower temperature, I will definitely have to try that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results