shape
carat
color
clarity

I WANNA BRAG ABOUT MY PRINCESS......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, it''s not about a diamond. It''s about a more priceless gem...My 14year old daughter was nominated as Valentine Princess to represent the Freshman class in the Valentines Pagent.
36.gif

It''s not a beauty pagent
14.gif
thank goodness,it''s based on more than looks. The contestants are nominated by majority vote and judged by a panel made up of students, teachers, and school board members. Some of the points they consider are school activities(she''s on the basketball team and President of the Freshman class among other things) church and community activities, hobbies, future plans and philosophy of life. Ordinarily, Seniors always win. However, 6 years ago my oldest daughter won during her freshman year!!So this one has some big shoes to fill!(That''s okay I told her, they wear the same size
28.gif
)
Now comes the hard part, wrangling her into a gown!! Of course older sister squealed"Yeah, we get to go dress shopping!" She''s the girly girl, the younger on is more tomboyish. Last year she cleaned up pretty good to attend her JR High banquet. Everyone was in Awe. She finally had to admit when she saw her pictures ''Hey, I looked good''. Anyway, even though it''s a ''Valentine'' pagent it''s not till the end of Feb so I have a few weeks of work ahead of me!! Just wanted to brag because I''m so proud of what a good person she is and told her this was just validation from the rest of the school!!If I can get her to see it as an honor instead of a chore. I told her it''s not about winning and it''s mostly a senior thing(except for her sister-this could be tough) that it will be good for her college applications to show she''s well rounded and well liked. Send us your ''Girly Thoughts'', we''ll need them
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is awesome good for her. What an honor. I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for her. You must be one proud mommy. And the fact that her older sister won this very same honor shows what a terrific mom you must be. Yay for all of you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh. And thanks for helping me through my ''breakdown'' this past weekend. I''m now climbing back up the hill to Sanityville.
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
How wonderful! You must be thrilled and proud to have two such accomplished girls
1.gif

Good luck finding the perfect dress!!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Finding the dress won''t be the problem...wrestling her to the ground and putting it on her will be.
9.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so the pagent was last night and she didn''t win
7.gif
but she tried and that''s all I ever want from my kids. She was so beautiful in her dress with her hair, nails and makeup done. I am still very proud of her. She put up a struggle against it at first but got into the ''girlyness'' of it in the end. One thing though...She walked down the runway WITHOUT her shoes on
32.gif
. She was afraid of falling.
20.gif
That''s my (clumsy like her mama) girl.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2006 7:01:02 PM
Author: moon river
Okay so the pagent was last night and she didn''t win
7.gif
but she tried and that''s all I ever want from my kids. She was so beautiful in her dress with her hair, nails and makeup done. I am still very proud of her. She put up a struggle against it at first but got into the ''girlyness'' of it in the end. One thing though...She walked down the runway WITHOUT her shoes on
32.gif
. She was afraid of falling.
20.gif
That''s my (clumsy like her mama) girl.
I am proud of her, and she is not my daughter! You tell her that she has accomplished something that most girls just get to dream about! Wow ... what a special honor to be nominated, and participate!

I think she did great, and she did it with her "own" style, not anyone else''s ... and she finished!
36.gif
emlove.gif
36.gif

Congratulations Moon River! You should be a very proud Mamma!
36.gif

Big hugs to you all!
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Moon River,
Aww she sounds like she gave it her all shoes or not. What an honor for her to be nominated. She''s a winner in my book. You must be one proud mommy!!!
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how fun..you have every right to be one proud mama
1.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MR
35.gif
...you have every right to brag about your PRINCESS!! Being nominated is quite an honor and it sounds like you''re raising GREAT girls. Good job MOM!!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
good for her Moon River.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys from me and my ''Barefoot Princess''
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results