shape
carat
color
clarity

I saw your nanny....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
My nanny and I were speaking today about the subject of nannies in the park. I recently went out on a walk with my friend and our kids and saw a group of nannies at a local park. They were all chatting and none of them were paying attention to their charges. One was swinging a little toddler boy on a swing, but she just had her back to him and was giving him a push here and there. He was facing the other direction as well and was just staring at me.

My nanny said there is a website called isawyournanny.com, where people report what they see of nanny and their dealings with their charges. I didn''t read it much but did see a post that said all moms should take a day to follow their nannies one day secretly and see what they do.

What do you think? Would you stalk your nanny?

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I never had a nanny to stalk. But I will say when I was a SAHM and met the other SAHMs in the park, often times all us MOMS could easily be accused of not paying complete attention to our kiddos!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 6:00:29 PM
Author: Maria D
I never had a nanny to stalk. But I will say when I was a SAHM and met the other SAHMs in the park, often times all us MOMS could easily be accused of not paying complete attention to our kiddos!
I think the difference is you PAY a nanny to watch over and (hopefully) engage your child.

I''ve never stalked a nanny. I do feel like if I trust someone to watch my child, I should do just that. But I''m not opposed to covertly checking a nanny out by following her. Kind of a fine line though, as I would not use a nanny cam unless she knew about it. I''d have to think about this one a bit more...

I have a most awesome nanny now, so I feel lucky....

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I put I saw your nanny into Google and I don''t know if it was the site you were talking about but I clicked on a blog which seemed a little weird. Random members of the public commenting on people they thought were nannies and if they did a good job or not. Some took photos of the nanny & kid.

I was all for spying on the nanny when I read your post (I''m not very trusting) but this particular blog I clicked on was plain weird.

I agree that if you pay a person to do a job you should trust them to do it. The whole getting a dog and barking yourself thing and all. But if we are taking about the care of an immediate family member I think it is a-ok to spy; just not like they do on that blog
2.gif
. I would come home early or happen to meet the nanny at the park etc.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
bwhaha I totally have this in my head and am picturing TGal sneaking around.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
We have an awesome nanny, I wouldn''t have to stalk her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results