shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m so uncomfortable.. (vent)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
I have a UTI and it''s so uncomfortable
7.gif

I just wanna sit on the can all day so I don''t have to keep going back and forth!
I''m off to the lab in 2 hours (when I get outta work) to get tested. Only after that
will I get any meds. Wahhhhhhhhhh I want it fixed now!!!!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Oh no!
39.gif
UTI''s are the worst! I know that when I''ve had it in the past, I felt instant relieft as soon as I took medication. Hopefully it''ll work quickly so that by this evening you feel a lot better.

E B

Ideal_Rock
UTIs are miserable, aren''t they? I''m so sorry.

I had four in one year, and I learned to keep the remaining pain meds (the good stuff) in my house/purse to keep the discomfort away until I could be tested.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I sympathise!!! It's only happened me a couple of times but both times I was out of action immediately. So miserable. I am amazed you are hanging in there at work!

My only advice is to drink LOTS of water and I mean LOTS and LOTS of it... you're going to need to go every 30 seconds anyway and I think when you have something to 'go' with if that makes sense then at least you get some relief, and the water will dilute everything out so it helps reduce the pain. It'll help you flush the infection out too.

Do you have that Cystopurin stuff in the States or something like it? It's a cranberry sachet that you dilute with water and it has stuff in it to alleviate the symptoms and to help tackle the infection. You can get it in a chemist over here. Obviously with a UTI you need to see a doctor but in the meantime that stuff does help to make it a little more bearable (although it tastes pretty awful
14.gif
).

Hang in there, hope you get that antibiotic today and start feeling better very soon!

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Thanks girls.
I would love to drink loads and loads of water so at least my trips to the bathroom are productive..
unfortunately, since i''m at work, i can''t leave my 20 kids alone every 10 minutes
7.gif

ugh... i just have to wait it out. i''m sitting here trying not to think about my bladder....
32.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Waaah! Those are the worst! Hope you get some meds and are feeling better soon!

Giada

Shiny_Rock
UTIs are the worst!

There are a couple of OTC meds for the pain/discomfort (though they only treat the symptoms, not the infection). I would recommend picking some up at the pharmacy on the way to the doctor.

Azo-Standard and Prodium are the ones I've tried. They relieve the discomfort in 20-30 miinutes.

ETA: Both of the above meds turn urine bright orange. (so don't be alarmed)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Ugh! I''ve had a few as well and totally know what you mean! Sorry for the discomfort and hope you get your meds soon.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh God UTI''s are the worst!

I''d get to the doctor quick. But OTC things like AZO, or Uristat or Cystex work really well (and Cystex doesn''t turn your pee that weird orange)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
UGH they are the worst! I''m sorry I hope you get some relief soon!

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Holy Toledo.

my OB sent me to the lab to get tested to be sure I had a UTI.
HELLO! I know what that damn pain is!

Then the OB tells me it''ll be a couple of days till she gets the
results. A COUPLE OF DAYS!

so I call my family practitioner (hoping for better response)
But she''s busy till the end of the day and will call me back.
CRAP

By now, it''s like 5pm and I''ve got an 11month old and a 3.5 yr. old
asleep in the back of my car. I have some sort of small clots coming out
whenever I pee....
14.gif

trying to find someone to watch the kids so that i can go to urgent care
cuz this is so not cool!

I got CIPRO so i''m now a happy camper shopping for a new OB and family
practitioner.
29.gif

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I HAVE ONE TOO. Isn''t it the absolute worst??

I am so lucky that I found a rinky dink doctor who will prescribe me the antibiotics right away when I feel it--having to wait is RIDICULOUS, in my opinion (when you''re a seasoned veteran like myself and definitely know that you have one because you''ve had them a million times before)...

Buy some Cystex--I swear, that stuff is like magic. It''s the only thing that reeeeally really helps me that I can get OTC.

I hope you feel better too, sweetie! I discovered mine on Sunday night and was in more agony than I can remember in a long time (it''s been about a year since I''ve had one--which is the longest stretch I''ve gone in a long long time)...

Good luck, MommaBear!!!!

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 3:40:15 PM
Author: alli_esq
OMG I HAVE ONE TOO. Isn''t it the absolute worst??

I am so lucky that I found a rinky dink doctor who will prescribe me the antibiotics right away when I feel it--having to wait is RIDICULOUS, in my opinion (when you''re a seasoned veteran like myself and definitely know that you have one because you''ve had them a million times before)...

Buy some Cystex--I swear, that stuff is like magic. It''s the only thing that reeeeally really helps me that I can get OTC.

I hope you feel better too, sweetie! I discovered mine on Sunday night and was in more agony than I can remember in a long time (it''s been about a year since I''ve had one--which is the longest stretch I''ve gone in a long long time)...

Good luck, MommaBear!!!!
Thanks Alli!
I''m actually A LOT better!
I need to find one of those rinky dink doctors who''ll just get me to the point.
I too am I seasoned veteran with this... Just hasn''t happened in a long time.
It''s worse than I remember. Probably cuz i''m getting older? sigh..

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I wonder if that''s what happened to me too! I woke up in the middle of the night on Sunday and I couldn''t sleep for HOURS--all my pain meds (the prescription one and Cystex) had expired, so I think they lost their efficacy, because when I took the new Cystex the next day when the pharmacy opened, I felt better within an hour.

BUT OUCH. I''m so glad you''re feeling better!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I''m soo sorry, they stink big time! I''m glad you''ve finally found some relief. I can''t believe your OB would make you wait DAYS! That pain is horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results