shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you Fage??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay I am fage'd up again after a noon walk over to WF, and we have cocoa here at work but I don't think it's sugar free. hmm i will have to inspect for calories. i was planning on having one mixed with splenda and fresh strawberries for a snack this afternoon. chocolate strawberry cheesecake?!?!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
ok, so it is a branded yogurt? And not like all the grocery store stuff
that is loaded with sugar? It is a challenge to locate yogurt that is
not loaded up with additives.

I love strawberry yogurt with sliced banana, organic granola, walnuts,
kiwi and strawberry. I eat this about 5 days a week. I just recently read that
kiwi is a super food. Who knew! Loaded with Vit. C. I have to find this FAGE !!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 6:47:58 PM
Author: Ann
ok, so it is a branded yogurt? And not like all the grocery store stuff
that is loaded with sugar? It is a challenge to locate yogurt that is
not loaded up with additives.

I love strawberry yogurt with sliced banana, organic granola, walnuts,
kiwi and strawberry. I eat this about 5 days a week. I just recently read that
kiwi is a super food. Who knew! Loaded with Vit. C. I have to find this FAGE !!
Oh no, Ann, Fage literally has nothing in it AT ALL. And very good for you too!! No sugar. low carbs, and high protein. Sounds like you would ike it a lot, since you love all those mix-ins... I put fresh fruit and organic granola in my Fage, and sometimes if I am in the mood, a little Splenda, but I try not to use that alot, and I tend to not like things that are very sweet...I think I am going to start to use a little bit of honey from now on if I am looking to sweeten the Fage up a bit though. I eat the 0%, just because I am looking for non-fat, but it also comes in 1% and 2%, which I am sure tastes a little better, but I really dont mind the non-fat at all!

I have a feeling you are really going to love it! Let us know!!!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For the SECOND time this year I accidentally bought Total Fage instead of Total 2%. Has anyone ever done this? The Total is the full fat version, with 260 calories (twice that of 2%), and 20 GRAMS of fat! (Interestingly enough, it has less protein than 2% so no redeeming qualities).

The first time I did it I noticed when I got home and Whole Foods let me return it and exchange it. This week, I''m eating it, savoring it slowly, and thinking, boy this *is* pretty filling; no wonder all those PS''ers get the 0%. I get half way through (or 130 cals through, which is what I''m used to having) when I realized I bought the wrong kind again. I used to get so irritated at my mother when she''d buy the ''wrong'' thing -- ''can''t you read the label????'' -- and now I realize that I''m turning into mom in my old age.
6.gif

Anyway, I love my Fage plain. mmmmm so yummy! I do like yogurt with fruit mixed in but the texture of fage is so good I don''t want anything messing with it. I''ve always loved plain yogurt though.

Does anyone else mix yogurt with their oatmeal? I top my oatmeal with a dollop of Stoneyfield''s lowfat vanilla and some diced up strawberries...just knowing I''m going to have it gets me out of bed in the morning!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 9:23:54 PM
Author: Maria D
For the SECOND time this year I accidentally bought Total Fage instead of Total 2%. Has anyone ever done this? The Total is the full fat version, with 260 calories (twice that of 2%), and 20 GRAMS of fat! (Interestingly enough, it has less protein than 2% so no redeeming qualities).

The first time I did it I noticed when I got home and Whole Foods let me return it and exchange it. This week, I''m eating it, savoring it slowly, and thinking, boy this *is* pretty filling; no wonder all those PS''ers get the 0%. I get half way through (or 130 cals through, which is what I''m used to having) when I realized I bought the wrong kind again. I used to get so irritated at my mother when she''d buy the ''wrong'' thing -- ''can''t you read the label????'' -- and now I realize that I''m turning into mom in my old age.
6.gif

Anyway, I love my Fage plain. mmmmm so yummy! I do like yogurt with fruit mixed in but the texture of fage is so good I don''t want anything messing with it. I''ve always loved plain yogurt though.

Does anyone else mix yogurt with their oatmeal? I top my oatmeal with a dollop of Stoneyfield''s lowfat vanilla and some diced up strawberries...just knowing I''m going to have it gets me out of bed in the morning!
Oh no; that is funny. I do the same thing.

I bought the 2% and no fat. I am torn. The 2% I think taste better, but there is only a slight difference. It is soooooooooooo filling. I tried it with the 25 calorie chocolate fat free mix; it was good. I think I like the 2% best with 3 packets of splenda. I think I will buy another fat free see if I can get myself to like that one better. Tomorrow I will try it with Strawberry''s; I bought a big container of berries at Costco.
3.gif

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I''m wondering which thing it is that you do the same -- get irritated at mom or turn into her, LOL.

I''ve never even tried the 0%. The only two places that sell it near me charge the same amt. for both yet the 0% comes in 150 g containers while the 2% comes in 200 g containers. For $1.69 I want more Fage! If the difference in taste is slight, it''s probably because the calorie difference is also slight. The 0% has 15.1 cals/ounce while the 2% has 18.6 cals/ounce. If you ate 200 g of 0%, it would only have 24 fewer cals than a container of 2% -- but cost more. Yes, I''m cheap *and* a math geek!

I''m probably going to exchange the rest of my full-fat Totals. They take your name and address down when you do this kind of thing; if this keeps up I''m going to be banned from WF.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 10:23:04 PM
Author: Maria D
Skippy, I''m wondering which thing it is that you do the same -- get irritated at mom or turn into her, LOL.

I''ve never even tried the 0%. The only two places that sell it near me charge the same amt. for both yet the 0% comes in 150 g containers while the 2% comes in 200 g containers. For $1.69 I want more Fage! If the difference in taste is slight, it''s probably because the calorie difference is also slight. The 0% has 15.1 cals/ounce while the 2% has 18.6 cals/ounce. If you ate 200 g of 0%, it would only have 24 fewer cals than a container of 2% -- but cost more. Yes, I''m cheap *and* a math geek!

I''m probably going to exchange the rest of my full-fat Totals. They take your name and address down when you do this kind of thing; if this keeps up I''m going to be banned from WF.
Maria, You made me laugh hard because of the highlighted part. My brother in law was banned from Walmart; that was mindboggling to me. LOL. I wonder what all he returned.

I do both; get irritated at my mom and now I turned into her!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol maria...that sucks about the total fage. i just look for the big 0% on the label and then reach...hehe. but yeah it can be confusing since there are so many diff types. i bought the big 0% once because it was cheaper but i really like the smaller ones even though they are more expensive because they are so much more portable aka for work, and portion controlled. i can mix my stuff directly into the container at work, and whala. i tried the 2% a few times but honestly i didn''t notice a difference all that much between the two, at first i did but now that i do so many mix-ins....the fage takes on my mix in flavor and not the yogurt itself anymore really. and i''m not the hugest yogurt fan in general but i like ''tastes and textures'' and the fage whipped up with mixins is perfect for that.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I am turning into a Fager like you guys. I did 2 packets of splenda and fresh starwberry''s YUMO! Thanks
36.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, Fage question.

Aljdewey''s statement of "chocolate cheesecake" got my attention like NOBODY''S business...mmmmmmmm.. Can I use my 40 calorie Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa mix?

So on my walk today I hit the organic grocery store (like a Wild Oats, but locally owned) and the dairy guy said they don''t carry Fage, but I''m the 3rd person this week to ask for it. They did have "Greek God" full fat, 2%, and 0% milkfat yogurt. I didn''t get any, since my gym is across the street from a Whole Foods and a Wild Oats--I figure I can go there & see if they have it...

Which is more likely? Whole Foods or Wild Oats?

I''m curious to try, since I am craving dairy like nobody''s business these days & I love yogurt, but hate all the sugar & would like to have something else to feed my picky toddler as well (who loves yogurt too).

Divergrrl

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Divergrrl,
I did the 25 calorie chocolate mix and it was yummy. In fact last night I gave my husband some fage with berry''s and he said he liked the chocolate one better; he didn''t know it was low cal either.heehee
Hope that helps.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I must say that whipping it up pretty well had a profound effect on the texture. I tried a pbnj fage with two splendas, a tbs of peanut butter, and a tbs of jam. Yummy. I'da done the chocolate cheesecake thing, but I don't have any cocoa mix. Gotta get some.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy! I have a Costco box of the no sugar added cocoa...so I don''t want to buy anymore. I also have old school hersey''s baking cocoa powder, can add vanilla extract & splenda to. MMMMM...

FG; I will remember to whip it....whip it good!

Diver

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know it kind of taste a little sour plain. I wonder if it would be good on grilled salmon with, lemon juice and dill??? It sounds lovely; maybe I will try that sometime this week!
36.gif

What do you guys think?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i did the chocolate strawberry cheesecake yesterday with 40 cal no sugar added cocoa (what we have here at the office) and strawberry low sugar preserves and splenda. whipped it up and ate..yum!!! def recommended.

skippy i use yogurt mixed with things like tandoori paste or even with lemon and dijon as a marinade for chicken and it would be great on fish too. plain yogurt is so versatile! but i only use fage for straight eating. for the other cooking i use any type of plain yogurt because you lose a ton of the flavor with the cooking as it tends to take on the other more strong flavors in the mix so no need to spend $1.80 or whatever when i could spend 70 cents hehee.

dg...whole foods and trader joes has it here. i would imagine wild oats (like a TJ''s right?) has it too. i get the 0% because to me with the add in''s it tastes basically the same as 2% but if you don''t want to do many add ins you might like 2% better.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 5:15:48 PM
Author: Mara
i did the chocolate strawberry cheesecake yesterday with 40 cal no sugar added cocoa (what we have here at the office) and strawberry low sugar preserves and splenda. whipped it up and ate..yum!!! def recommended.

skippy i use yogurt mixed with things like tandoori paste or even with lemon and dijon as a marinade for chicken and it would be great on fish too. plain yogurt is so versatile! but i only use fage for straight eating. for the other cooking i use any type of plain yogurt because you lose a ton of the flavor with the cooking as it tends to take on the other more strong flavors in the mix so no need to spend $1.80 or whatever when i could spend 70 cents hehee.

dg...whole foods and trader joes has it here. i would imagine wild oats (like a TJ''s right?) has it too. i get the 0% because to me with the add in''s it tastes basically the same as 2% but if you don''t want to do many add ins you might like 2% better.
Good point and thanks!!!

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
i fage with trader joes trek mix cereal (the one with cranberries and cashews)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I''ve tried the hot chocolate add-in now and I have to say I''m a fan. But sadly all out of Fage now... need to get back to the store
39.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to you all, I''m now totally fage-obsessed. I have the 0% fat kind (tried the 2% and didn''t taste much difference) with a good smattering of honey. I''ll have to try some of the other concoctions this weekend!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 5:50:44 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 3/29/2007 3:00:32 PM
Author: Sophie

Date: 3/28/2007 3:26:20 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Ok call me dumb, but what is Fage???

OK CALL ME DUMB!!!!! I am greek and have NEVER heard of FAGE...
it is close to the word for ''meal'' which is ''Fayee'' (that is a phonetic spelling)....lol

SO how dumb do you think I feel??!!
I had never opened the post because.... I thought......... it was an excersize......... Ok.. I''m an idiot.. so.. now I''ll have to do some research on it. lol I''d never heard of it before..
20.gif
I feel kind of stupid but what''s the difference between this and regular yogurt? Is it a meal replacement type of food or oh I dont know..

Help?
33.gif
Did you actually read the thread? Because it''s 3 pages long with lots of info on Fage.
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just Yogurt? JUST yogurt??? NO it's not JUST YOGURT.

It's the most fabulous, pure, unprocessed, fiveliveactivecultures, yummy goodness out there!!!! Just Yogurt...PSHAW.

Well maybe it's really just Greek yogurt.
9.gif
But it is very yummy, packs a ton of protein for the yogurt buck (aka a 5.3oz 0% fat container has 13g protein and just 80 cals), has live active cultures, is unprocessed, and I have tried other greek yogurts in place of it and they are really not the same for me at all in terms of taste. So yeah I guess...yes and no.
5.gif
41.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 7:54:57 PM

Date: 4/20/2007 6:15:07 PM

Date: 4/20/2007 5:50:44 PM

Date: 3/29/2007 3:00:32 PM
Author: Sophie

Date: 3/28/2007 3:26:20 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Ok call me dumb, but what is Fage???

OK CALL ME DUMB!!!!! I am greek and have NEVER heard of FAGE...
it is close to the word for ''meal'' which is ''Fayee'' (that is a phonetic spelling)....lol

SO how dumb do you think I feel??!!
I had never opened the post because.... I thought......... it was an excersize......... Ok.. I''m an idiot.. so.. now I''ll have to do some research on it. lol I''d never heard of it before..
20.gif
I feel kind of stupid but what''s the difference between this and regular yogurt? Is it a meal replacement type of food or oh I dont know..

Help?
33.gif
Did you actually read the thread? Because it''s 3 pages long with lots of info on Fage.
3.gif
Yes yes.. (in between *koff* working..
2.gif
) so its just greek yogurt you mix with stuff? Is it something new?
''Just greek yogurt''??? Let me put it to you this way...I had a dream about eating it last night! It is soooooo gooooood.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 8:06:10 PM
Just Yogurt? JUST yogurt??? NO it''s not JUST YOGURT.

It''s the most fabulous, pure, unprocessed, fiveliveactivecultures, yummy goodness out there!!!! Just Yogurt...PSHAW.

Well maybe it''s really just Greek yogurt.
9.gif
But it is very yummy, packs a ton of protein for the yogurt buck (aka a 5.3oz 0% fat container has 13g protein and just 80 cals), has live active cultures, is unprocessed, and I have tried other greek yogurts in place of it and they are really not the same for me at all in terms of taste. So yeah I guess...yes and no.
5.gif
41.gif

heeeeheeee, that made me laugh. Mara is too funny
2.gif

SDL, I have 3 fat free tubes in my fridge; it is sooooooo yummy with splenda and strawberry''s. It is like strawberry''s and cream w/o the guilt.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Whoever suggested the touch of pure vanilla, thank you!!! I had a small cup with honey, vanilla, and fresh cut up strawberries and it is HEAVEN!!!!
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trader Joe's has a lovely Greek Yogurt. It's the BLUE container

Mediterranean style is different (but wonderful as well)... it's the YELLOW ORANGE container.

They aren't interchangeable, IMO. Different styles.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I had tried the 0% Fage and didn''t really care for it. (the texture just didn''t stand up to being stirred and it seemed more sour). But I just tried the 2% with strawberries and honey and ....Oh YEAH!
18.gif
It''s so thick and creamy and oh so delicious! I scraped my bowl clean.
Since I had only bought the small container I didn''t have any left, but I wanted seconds. I did have some plain 0% regular yogurt and ICK! What a come down from Fage!! It was all runny and sour and generally icky.
14.gif
I can''t wait to get back to TJ''s and buy some more!

btw: is it just me or do strawberries seem unusually affordable this spring?
5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 5:44:59 PM
Author: IndieJones
I had tried the 0% Fage and didn''t really care for it. (the texture just didn''t stand up to being stirred and it seemed more sour). But I just tried the 2% with strawberries and honey and ....Oh YEAH!
18.gif
It''s so thick and creamy and oh so delicious! I scraped my bowl clean.
Since I had only bought the small container I didn''t have any left, but I wanted seconds. I did have some plain 0% regular yogurt and ICK! What a come down from Fage!! It was all runny and sour and generally icky.
14.gif
I can''t wait to get back to TJ''s and buy some more!

btw: is it just me or do strawberries seem unusually affordable this spring?
5.gif
I like the 2% as well.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
discovered a new way to fage...at this specialty store yesterday i found something called Mango Butter. it''s not really butter, it''s basically just like a mango jam...but it has chunks of mango in it, and it''s only 25 cals for a tablespoon. mix that up with a little splenda in the fage and whip it up into a frenzy and MMMMMMM. it was DIVINE. i love mango so this totally keeps my sweet tooth satiated for a little bit heeheh. they had all types of other ''butters'' like ''maple pumpkin butter'' and other flavors too. i will have to check those out too. hehee.

oh and on the 0% vs 2%....i did used to taste a difference at first but now that i have not had 2% in a while i don''t even remember it. i find i add a bit more splenda and it makes it sufficiently sweet. hehee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results