color
clarity

Household Breadwinner

Who is the breadwinner in your family?

• husband/man

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
He works for the bread, I recieve the bread, prepare the bread, cook the bread, portion the bread, feed the bread, clean up the bread and nurture the bread so that he can work for the bread.

Or perhaps I should say.. we both work for the bread..

E B

Ideal_Rock
My fiance and I are both making approximately the same amount (mine is hourly, his is salary). We split most things down the middle but treat eachother to surprises every now and then.

When we have children, we'll still be a dual-income family as I'll work part-time/freelance.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I make more money... and it better stay this way!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha he makes more now, but i''m creeping up on him, since i am in sales the sky is the limit on what i COULD earn...he keeps saying that he WANTS me to make more than him and then he can retire and live a life of leisure! i said NO WAY, you''ll keep working and then we''ll just retire that much faster! Men!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
He has the steady, muchos benefitos, lots of vacation, low stress, university environment job & I have the crazy, freelance, unpredicatible, feast-or-famine, shoot-for-the stars, completely burn-out-able creative flight of fancy.

ETA: but most of the time I work less & make more
31.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
He makes about 2X what I make...if I got a "real" job at a big law firm in NYC, I''d probably make as much or more than him but who the hell needs that stress...

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bake most of my own bread. Smells better and I can control what goes in it. Tastes better too. And Looie likes it.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I both work, but I make alot more than he does, but we even it out in terms of how much our combined bills impact our take home money. I pay most of the bills and outing fun, but we pay even rent and he pays for the car.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
in honor of Looie's appearance rodent!

bottle.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Dogs are much "kinder"than cats! He''s be breakfast instead of having it

snuggle.jpg

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 11:56:42 PM
Author: moremoremore
Dogs are much ''kinder''than cats! He''s be breakfast instead of having it

Is this cute little guy a squirrel? So cute!

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looie''s favorite hangout...

standard.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
DH and I make approximately the same salary. We are both federal govt employees and the same grade in the GS scale, although he''s a step higher than I am, so he makes about $2000 more.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
At one point, I was getting close to making a similar wage. But he switched careers after 9/11 and we moved. Now he''s gone for significant portions of the year...so I''ve been doing the stay home thing! It''s actually harder than working, because I do *everything* at home, and he does *nothing*!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I make more but he owns his business so anything he makes, he puts back into it. I guess I''m more liquid but his net worth is probably greater!

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
I make more right now. But he is 2 years away from blowing me out of the water....yippee! Upgrade time!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''m the one with the steady, stable job that has insurance & other benefits. Husband owns his own business. It''s feast or famine. He has more potential than I do, but I am the one who pays the bills and makes life run right now.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
she brings home the bacons.
28.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 9:44:16 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
28.gif
Guess you bring home the eggs?? Yummm.
3.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
We are dual income, but since we run our own business, and we live on the property, we are also both kind of "stay at home". A great situation for us, and the kids!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2006 9:52:02 PM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 2/21/2006 9:44:16 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
28.gif
Guess you bring home the eggs?? Yummm.
3.gif
yeah,my wife said... goose eggs. zippo!!
9.gif
the secret is...don''t ask the wife for money. hee,hee.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
He makes a couple more thousand than I do, but we split rent, I pay for cable and netflix, he pays for the house phone and utilites. We pay for our own cell phones. I save more a month (less expenses) but the money I save goes for our shared projects (Cars, rings, weddings are the ones at the moment), with help from his savings. I work full time, all year round, with vacations, insurance and pension plans, he works as a teacher and coach, so it''s only about 9 months out of the year. The summer months he works for beach volleyball tourneys. He''s hardly ever home! We also share the grocery expenses.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
We make almost exactly the same now, but that''s with my getting like 4 raises in the past year (I literally couldn''t pay my half of rent before) and him staying the same. So we''ll see. But we''re both looking at grad school and career changes in the nearish future anyway, and I mayyyyyy want to stay home when we have kids, so this is very temporary. We alternate on paying rent and dinner/groceries/plane tickets/etc and each take an equal share of the utilities bills. Only now I have to save up a ton because I''m paying for most of the wedding since that was one of the not-super-serious promises I made when I was telling him how I reeealllyyy like the micropave bands soooo much better than the solitaires.
20.gif
Oh well! It''s a perfectly fair compromise since he basically has no savings left post-ring, but it still seems daunting.
32.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
this is a timely thread --

my fiancee and i are both "baby" lawyers - just graduated in may. i had a job offer coming out of school, but it''s a clerkship which means not such great money now, but opens lots of doors and potential to get great job when it''s done completed. fiancee had no offers for almost a year (hard to explain to people that aren''t in the same position, but that is the way it is right now) which made things tough. so he started legal temping to make some $$ so we could eat and make a small tiny way through our student loan debt...anyway, just this week he''s had two job offers in as many days. he''s floating on happiness and now we''ll both be earning some cash! hurray for job security

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 8:41:29 PM
Author: MINE!!
He works for the bread, I recieve the bread, prepare the bread, cook the bread, portion the bread, feed the bread, clean up the bread and nurture the bread so that he can work for the bread.

Or perhaps I should say.. we both work for the bread..

hehe, ditto
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 11:37:17 AM
Author: lovelylulu
this week he''s had two job offers in as many days. he''s floating on happiness and now we''ll both be earning some cash! hurray for job security

Congrats! What a relief I''m sure! BTW - my sister & her husband both did clerkships and have never been sorry! She actually just made partner at 33 yrs old (w/one 1 1/2 year old & one in "the oven") - so proud of her!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 11:56:42 PM
Author: moremoremore
Dogs are much ''kinder''than cats! He''s be breakfast instead of having it

Where did you get that Papillon/squirrel pix ... so cute!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
When we got married we made the same salary. As the years went by we both excelled in our careers, but he wayyyy surpassed me in $$$$. Just this past year he made a career change and took a huge cut in pay and now I''m the major breadwinner and it''s a scary place to be
emsmileo.gif
I''ve just decided to take it on as a challenge and go even further in my field. Hope I can keep up the good attitude and not start nagging him to get back on the "crazy train"!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results