shape
carat
color
clarity

House Cleaning Service

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking about hiring someone to come and clean my house once or twice a month. I have no idea how much it should cost though. I have a small cape cod style home, and don''t need the upstairs bedroom''s clean. Overall I would say maybe 1000 sq ft of area to be cleaned including the kitchen, dining room, master bedroom, 2 baths and dining room. We do have 2 cats, but they spend most of the time in the basement. What would be a reasonable price based on your experience? I live in New England. Also, what kind of questions should I be asking when I meet with people?

April20

Ideal_Rock
I live in the south and paid $80 every other week to have my 1100 sf home cleaned. Kitchen, dining room, living room, two bedrooms, one bath and the upstairs- it was a style that would be similar to a cape. Kitchen cleaning included wiping down all the cabinets and appliances. We always made sure the dishes, etc were done and out of the way as we didn''t expect her to clean up after us.

I would ask them if they are bonded/insured, what specific things are included for their base price, is there the option to add "extras" occasionally for an additional fee and most importantly, references. I would definitely call and find out other people''s opinions on the service and the "value" for the amount they are spending.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
We paid 75$ about 4 years ago for our 3bed/3bath place.

I would either go with a big named company who is insured/bonded or ask your friends, if they have someone they use. A friend of mine is a nanny, but also does house cleaning for some of her employers friends/family. Just put it out there and you''ll be surprised how many friends will perk up with recomendations!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve gotten responses from different people that really vary in price. It ranges from $50 per cleaning session all the way to $140! The $50 is a referral from my friend and neighbor who loves her cleaning person. I scheduled two women to come out and take a look at my house Saturday and am hoping my friend''s cleaning person calls me back soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results