shape
carat
color
clarity

Hiking Baby carrier or Backpack help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, I don''t even know where to start. We received a hand me down from my sister a very long time ago on a backpack for our first DD, but gave it away as we were not using it plus it was so uncomfortable and super heavy for DH. Now we''re looking to start hiking and going on day trips, and would really love to pick your brains on a pack. Hopefully this can carry up to a two year old? I don''t really know where to begin. Your help and recommendations will be greatly appreciated. TIA!
35.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
DH and I were looking at these in hiking shops in Wales two weeks ago.

We have a very urban stroller as we live in London and use a Bjorn Carrier when we are in the countryside - all our relatives live in the countryside so we will get plenty of use.

Due to my back I need something lightweight and built to distribute weight properly. We loved the Little Life range - they really were incredibly lightweight but very sturdy and had loads of accessories and fun bits. A lot of the others were really heavy before you even put a child into it.

They have distributors in Canada - not sure about the USA. Our safety legislation tends to be more stringent than yours so I''m sure they must be available somewhere there.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Pandora! there are a few distributor here in the US for them. Ones that I have tried on have been very heavy for my frame. So I''ll look into this, It does look less heavy than the one we had.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I enjoy using my Ergo carrier. It is very comfy to wear my guy on my back but he is still very young! It is rated to 40 lb or above, but I don''t know how comfy it would be. I see lots of people using Kelty carriers, but haven''t tried one myself.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks TDM- I''ve seen some Kelty, and I think I''ve tried them on myself once, and it was sure heavy, but maybe they are all suppose to be a little hefty
33.gif
I''ll read up some more on the ones you and Pandora recommend, then swing on by to REI for a looking around. I didn''t know what else is out there that you all liked.

Thanks so much for your replies, I wasn''t sure what brands to really look at.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Yes, go to REI to try them on and remember that their end of season 20% off any one item sale is on if you then order it online...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/24/2009 12:11:19 PM
Author: swimmer
Yes, go to REI to try them on and remember that their end of season 20% off any one item sale is on if you then order it online...
whoo hoo Swimmer Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results