shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Best treatment for DRY hair.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you ladies can help me. My hair has always been on the dry side, but now that I''m in the throws of meopause, it''s almost like straw.
39.gif
Even my hubby said something about how dry my hair was last night, so you KNOW it''s bad.
9.gif

What''s the best periodic treatment? My curly hair is also very finicky, so I need to stick with what''s working now as far as regular shampoo and condtioner. I just need something to periodically help out.

*thinking*

ellenthinking.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL!!!
9.gif

Hair mask weekly Miss - I have been using Kerastase as you know and that has tamed my old mop nicely!
16.gif
Also a serum might help control the dryness in between.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2008 10:01:19 AM
Author: Lorelei
LOL!!!
9.gif

Hair mask weekly Miss - I have been using Kerastase as you know and that has tamed my old mop nicely!
16.gif
HI:

What she said! On the ball this morning, that girl is! I just bought the Christmas (yes!) gift pac from Kerastase--has the serum, conditioner, shampoo and hair mask all bundled in one--and they have it for colored, dry (green), normal. I put the serum in my hair the other night and it was lovely in the morning--I didn''t need to wash it out. And it makes your hands so soft too!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2008 10:10:04 AM
Author: canuk-gal

LOL!!!
9.gif

16.gif
HI:

What she said! On the ball this morning, that girl is! I just bought the Christmas (yes!) gift pac from Kerastase--has the serum, conditioner, shampoo and hair mask all bundled in one--and they have it for colored, dry (green), normal. I put the serum in my hair the other night and it was lovely in the morning--I didn''t need to wash it out. And it makes your hands so soft too!

cheers--Sharon
Hehe!!
face20.gif

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
I have really dry and curly hair, I have started using Kerastase nutritive Oleo-Relax serum, and it''s done *wonders* for my hair. It''s totally frizz-free whenever I''ve applied it and my hair becomes silky, I''ve tried so many products for my curly/dry hair but this is one of the few that has actually helped. But you have to use it sparsely and concentrate on the ends.

I googled it, here''s a link:

http://www.folica.com/Kerastase_Serum_d4259.html?s_cid=ntg_001512

Good luck!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL!!!
9.gif

16.gif
9.gif
Trust me, it''s not that much of a stretch....

Thank you ladies! I scanned the posts before running out for a couple errands. I looked in Walgreen''s and Schnuck''s while I was there but no luck. Would Target carry it? or a specialty shop?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, I have some dryness in my hair too, mainly around the ends. I recently started using Aveda''s Dry Remedy system. I use the shampoo, the conditioner, and the treatment masque. I think it really helps, and it smells great too!
21.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 12:03:03 PM
Author: Ellen

LOL!!!
9.gif

16.gif
9.gif
Trust me, it''s not that much of a stretch....

Thank you ladies! I scanned the posts before running out for a couple errands. I looked in Walgreen''s and Schnuck''s while I was there but no luck. Would Target carry it? or a specialty shop?

Kerastase is good my sister recommends it and uses it :), I know here you can only buy it in salons but if you google their website they should list stockists near you.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dee, I did just look it up. I''ll have to order it, the closest place is like 45 min. away.
20.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Man that bites, do you happen to have any mall hair stores that stock a variety of salon products near you? Might be worth a shot you could get lucky or they may be able to order it in.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen,

You crack me up.
9.gif

My hubby and I swear by this stuff!!!!! I highlight my hair and DH has really dry hair. This stuff is a miracle for us.

http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=969&Catalog=DHC+USA

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2008 10:23:20 AM
Author: Lill_The_Thrill
I have really dry and curly hair, I have started using Kerastase nutritive Oleo-Relax serum, and it's done *wonders* for my hair. It's totally frizz-free whenever I've applied it and my hair becomes silky, I've tried so many products for my curly/dry hair but this is one of the few that has actually helped. But you have to use it sparsely and concentrate on the ends.

I googled it, here's a link:

http://www.folica.com/Kerastase_Serum_d4259.html?s_cid=ntg_001512

Good luck!
LOVE this stuff, it has actually made the split stringy nasty fried ends of my bangs look like hair again - and I didn't think that was possible!
23.gif
30.gif
And also I have found with that, use a whole bottle when you give your hair the first treatment, then I found I only needed half on subsequent occasions - so that makes it even more economical to use.

Dee - the new emotie and the siggy is adorable!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 1:28:52 PM
Author: Deelight
Man that bites, do you happen to have any mall hair stores that stock a variety of salon products near you? Might be worth a shot you could get lucky or they may be able to order it in.
We do have one, I could check there. And maybe I''ll call my hair gal to see if she could get it in for me.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
:) Always worth a shot, good luck :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jojoba oil, if you happen to have some in your house
2.gif

2 or 3 drops into the palms of your hands, and start at the ends on dry (not wet) hair, work up. (starting at the top or on wet hair can make you look a little greasy.)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
LOL!!!
9.gif

16.gif

LOVE LOVE LOVE Kerastase!!!! pricey but LOVE it.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 12:03:03 PM

LOL!!!
9.gif

16.gif
9.gif
Trust me, it's not that much of a stretch....

Thank you ladies! I scanned the posts before running out for a couple errands. I looked in Walgreen's and Schnuck's while I was there but no luck. Would Target carry it? or a specialty shop?

you can buy it online either from Kerastase or amazon.com. you can also do a salon search on the Kerastase site and see if you can pick it up locally.

eta: eeks. it would help if i actually read the whole thread before responding.
20.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
this is the conditioner i use. and this is the shampoo. it's the only thing that keeps my hair from looking like straw.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Joico K-Pak
Try it!~!!!!!!
I have just switched over, and REALLY notice the difference. It's worth the money if you care about your hair condition.

I have quite long hair, and would really recommend this over anything else I've used.

I use the shampoo, conditioner and the spray-in liquid re-constructor (very imp). I use the spray in liquid after every shampoo, it's just sprayed in towel-dried hair and left in.

The difference in hair condition is obvious from the first use.

I would also buy the 'deep-penetrating reconstructor', if I felt like getting a hair mask for every now and then. I will probably end up getting that, but apparently the spray in reconstructor works just as well.

Linky for K-Pak range

You could almost certainly use the Kerastase leave-in over the top! The spray stuff doesn't affect the cosmetic look of the hair.

ETA: I see you don't want to change over your shampoo and conditioner. But if you're really going crazy about your hair condition, I would consider it anyway, (when it's refill time), just to have a go?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2008 3:30:34 PM
Author: jcrow
this is the conditioner i use. and this is the shampoo. it''s the only thing that keeps my hair from looking like straw.
LOL! I have just ordered the shampoo to try and I have that conditioning mask - its great for us blondies!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I use a generic shampoo and then Paul Mitchell Hair Repair Treatment (from the drugstore)... Works great.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all the suggestions gals!
36.gif
Maybe I''ll try the Keratase first since it has so many positive votes, and go from there.

And julie, I actually do have jojoba oil in my cabinet.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2008 9:07:14 AM
36.gif
Maybe I''ll try the Keratase first since it has so many positive votes, and go from there.

2.gif
* swings hair* I had a Kerastase treatment this morning so my hair is all preety!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 9:10:06 AM

36.gif

2.gif
* swings hair* I had a Kerastase treatment this morning so my hair is all preety!
30.gif
11.gif
It looks lovely.
25.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2008 10:03:48 AM

36.gif
Maybe I'll try the Keratase first since it has so many positive votes, and go from there.

2.gif
30.gif
11.gif
It looks lovely.
25.gif
shucks.....thanks! It does doesn't it???
31.gif
11.gif
28.gif
* fluffs*

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 10:14:09 AM

36.gif

2.gif
30.gif
11.gif
It looks lovely.
25.gif
shucks.....thanks! It does doesn''t it???
31.gif
11.gif
28.gif
* fluffs*
pound.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2008 10:19:06 AM

Date: 11/1/2008 10:14:09 AM

36.gif

2.gif
30.gif
11.gif
It looks lovely.
25.gif
shucks.....thanks! It does doesn''t it???
31.gif
11.gif
28.gif
* fluffs*
pound.gif
OW!! You messed up my hair!!!!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results