shape
carat
color
clarity

Heat Pumps

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I know this is a longshot, but I will ask anyway.

Our heat pump, after 15+ years, needs to be replaced. The 2 brands we are considering are Trane and Amana.
Has anyone put in a new heat pump in the past few years and what brand did you get and any reasons forpurchasing that particular brand. Have you had any problems?

(we already have had the lead calculation done so we know what size unit we need) Thanks for any info you can provide.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I don''t know either of those brand names.

What does your plumber recommend? That was a major influencing factor for me; that and I trusted my plumber
2.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soocool, our house is about 100 years old, and we had been using a relatively new oil furnace and a verrrry old central air unit . . . until last August when our ancient central air unit died! So we had a heat pump installed. We''ve been using just the heat pump to cool the house (of course), and a combination of the heat pump/oil furnace/pellet stove to heat the house in the winter. So far, the heat pump has been doing great! I can''t remember for sure what brand it is, but I want to say it''s an Amana. We got that one because it''s the one our HVAC guy recommended, as did several other HVAC guys that DH knows. We''ve been happy with it so far!
21.gif

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 12:38:17 PM
Author: Steal
Sorry I don''t know either of those brand names.

What does your plumber recommend? That was a major influencing factor for me; that and I trusted my plumber
2.gif
We got one quote from our oil company/heat contractor ( we use the heat pump primarily to cool the house and have an oil back up furnace to heat the house) and another from another oil company /heating contractor. Our oil company pushed the Trane heat pump while the other company is recommending Amana. We think both are excellent heat pumps, but just wanted to see if anyone here has had any positive/negative experiences with either line.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 2:42:49 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Soocool, our house is about 100 years old, and we had been using a relatively new oil furnace and a verrrry old central air unit . . . until last August when our ancient central air unit died! So we had a heat pump installed. We''ve been using just the heat pump to cool the house (of course), and a combination of the heat pump/oil furnace/pellet stove to heat the house in the winter. So far, the heat pump has been doing great! I can''t remember for sure what brand it is, but I want to say it''s an Amana. We got that one because it''s the one our HVAC guy recommended, as did several other HVAC guys that DH knows. We''ve been happy with it so far!
21.gif
We use our heat pump primarily to cool and use oil (backup) to heat the house like you. I know that Goodman and Amana are the same company and if this is the brand you have am happy to hear that several HVAC guys recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results