shape
carat
color
clarity

good gifts for new parents?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
FI's brother and his wife are expecting (any day now, due the 20th!) and we would love to get them a Christmas present for them (not baby stuff, we will also get them baby stuff, but would like to also get them something non-baby related). Any suggestions on what would be appreciated? Obviously it would be insensitive to get them things like a gift certificate for dinner out, since they will have a newborn.

Thanks in advance PS moms and moms to be!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
sig, you're so thoughtful to want to get them something for THEM! Early on, things like eating and cleaning the house can be tough so you might consider just bringing them some home cooked meals (if you're close enough) or sending them a gift certificate for a restaurant near them that delivers. A maid service may also be appreciated. Not sure how much you want to spend, but a new camera or flip video recorder might also be nice since they will want to take lots of new pics/videos of their new baby.

good luck!
Mrs

slg47

Ideal_Rock
unfortunately they are on the other side of the country. I was thinking maybe a gift certificate for a place that delivers. I wonder if they already have a camera, I should ask FI about that (although that may be a little too pricey). thanks for the suggestions!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know your budget, but something they can do in the home is great --a nice new DVD/blueray player, good videos or music CDs, delivery food is a great idea.

Your life changes a lot as a couple when you have a baby as you basically spend every night at home. Something fun they can do at home would probably go over well.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs|1292448679|2797852 said:
sig, you're so thoughtful to want to get them something for THEM! Early on, things like eating and cleaning the house can be tough so you might consider just bringing them some home cooked meals (if you're close enough) or sending them a gift certificate for a restaurant near them that delivers. A maid service may also be appreciated. Not sure how much you want to spend, but a new camera or flip video recorder might also be nice since they will want to take lots of new pics/videos of their new baby.

good luck!
Mrs

Great idea! You could buy them one cleaning session or something. I would love that.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Maid service would be the best gift HANDS DOWN. They can be pricey, and you usually have to know approx square footage of the house.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results