shape
carat
color
clarity

gift ideas for two-year old girl?

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
My niece is turning two in a couple of weeks, and Christmas is also around the corner. What are some gift ideas for a two-year old girl? I know that she is currently in love with Dora, but I'm not sure what she already has (I have asked her parents for ideas, but they haven't gotten back to me). The one thing I know she doesn't need is clothing, as her grandma apparently keeps her very well dressed :))

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tend to get board books or other hardcover books, as well as a stuffed animal or a toy of some sort. I've gotten blocks, washable markers and a sketch pad, and simple puzzles, etc. too.

ETA: I've also gotten bath toys as well. Now that I've typed that out, I realize that it might seem odd to give bath stuff, but my friends have mentioned that their kids really like them. Maybe they were just being polite. :bigsmile:

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
pretend play type stuffs - dolls, kitchen, tea set, play foods (Melissa & Doug cutting foods come to mind, highly recommended by PS moms and DD loves it).
play tent and tunnels
mega bloks
water and/or sand table

I'll try to think of more.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
play food
tea set
doctor's kit
Melissa & Doug's lock puzzle was a fav at that age
Melissa & Doug's folding dollhouse
Dora also makes a good first dollhouse
Radio flyer first scooter
Disney Movies (DD started watching them around 2.5)
Princess stuff
Dolls (DD loves groovy girls and they are soft) but they make Dora ones if you want to play it safe.

Not sure how much you want to spend but that should give you some ideas. I never buy clothes and rarely books b/c most kids I know already have a huge collection.

ETA: art supplies are always good too but make sure they are washable like zoe mentioned. Not sure if you live by an IKEA but they have some great kids stuff there.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Off topic, but M does not like princess stuffs.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the ideas. She is apparently in a train phase ... loves all things trains and says "choo choo" a lot :lol:
So we went with the M&D stackable train and a couple of their puzzles that had a train as well. I hope she'll like them!

Now to figure out what to get her for Christmas. I really feel for her parents ... having a birthday a couple of weeks before Christmas means SO many new things around their house in a short period of time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results