Ideal_Rock
Re: Getting older isn't so bad when you consider the alterna

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Well played! Well played!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gemgirl, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock

gemgirl said:
colorluvr said:
gemgirl said:
Last night I started my three day prep, and this morning I started my two day fast for my surgical colonoscopy on Monday. By Monday afternoon, I think I'm going to want to chew off my own foot!

It's 11:00 a.m. and I'm hungry!

WOW! Two days? I don't remember it being that long :confused: Either I have selected memory loss (very possible) or mine was only 24 hrs......

No, you're right, the fast is usually 24hrs. That's standard. This is compliments of that dunderhead surgeon from June who noted that my prep was "sub-optimal" on the operative report. Someone should duct tape her mouth shut for two days and see how she likes it.

Sorry, I'm cranky already :(sad. My husband is lucky he's fishing a tournament today.
I once read in WSJ that they have less invasive ways of doing colonoscopies, but this is very profitable. My problem was vomiting the stuff back up. I was expecting them to say I was not ready, because I had so little of it go all the way through me.

One of the perks of Crohn's is that I will not be having any more checks, ever, unless I am really ill. They are too risky for just a look-see.

Let us know how you do as soon as you can. Best wishes and prayers.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

packrat said:
Lots of dust to you Gemgirl!

Uppy, you are a true friend. Nothing says Forever Friends than sympathy diarrhea.

I agree with both comments!

Lots of dust from me too! (and like Uppy, I have plenty to spare, but thank goodness, not near as much as when I lived in the desert :shock: )

Here's hoping for a most uneventful day!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sparklee said:
packrat said:
lulu said:
Ah, Monty Python people. My fave is the Norwegian Blue--beautiful plumage. Of course Michael Palin can make me laugh without opening his mouth,

bwahahaha ohhh my word that is about the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. This pa-rrot is de-ceased! It is NO MORE! It has ceased to live! It is de-miiiised!

“He's not pining, he's passed on. This parrot is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone to meet his maker. He's a stiff, bereft of life, he rests in peace. If you hadn't have nailed him to the perch he'd be pushing up the daisies. He's rung down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. This is an ex-parrot!”

OMG!! Love to see Monty Python fans....... :appl:

My friend and I are convinced that there isn't a single day that can't be improved by a gratuitous MP reference. We are generally able to work some stupid variation of a MP schtick, or a direct quotation, into virtually ANY conversation. It never fails to cheer us up. ;-))

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Holding a good thought for Gemgirl for a quick, uneventful recovery! :)) And that she gets some real, delectable FOOD immediately afterwards! And DESSERT!! Tiramisu, or pie, or pots du creme, but it must be something special that she loves. So say I! So there!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sending well wishes to Gemgirl.. And whatever you want afterwards, be it cake, pie or whatever... Hoping you get a nice big serving...Hugs girl!!!! :halo:

soocool

Ideal_Rock

Gemgirl, I'm praying for you today!

Also, another website you may be interested (or not) in looking at. It is the CDC's website for how many fruits and veggies you should be eating daily for your age.Well, maybe some of you will check it out. It's just I want you gals to be healthy.

http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/index.html

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

risingsun said:
ksinger said:
Upgradable said:
Just an update on my numb and tingly fingers. I took the B12 and vitD today and have had NO numbness!! Let's see how it goes tomorrow, but I haven't had a full day without numbness in over 2 months! Cautiously excited here. :twirl:

Well, I'm not sure sure SURE I have fibro, but I certainly have a reasonable laundry list of the primary symptoms. Still, it sounds like you guys are dealing with far more than I, sadly.

I'm curious, Uppy and Risingsun - did you have sudden onset of this condition, or was it gradual? Mine was gradual, with some symptoms popping up for me, as far back as 10 years ago. I've read (somewhere) that for those of us with HMS, the onset tends to be more gradual, which seems to playing out with me. I really NOTICED the condition of my condition, after my mom died, and I was able to actually pay attention to myself a bit again. I found I was a wreck...or I thought I was a wreck. Or maybe I'm just nuts?

The onset for me was gradual. Over a long period of time I started noticing more things were wrong with me. I have had health problems for a long time, but I came to a point where it was affecting my career, activities, ability to do things I had previously done and generally decreased my quality of life. At one point, ~2 years ago, I had a full blown episode. I had severe chest pains and had to be hospitalized. They did a complete cardiac workup and my heart was fine. I do have a non-threatening cardiac anomaly, but the pain was costochondritis, which is a symptom of fibro. After that episode, the fibro sx worsened. I had two more hospital visits for chest pain. The last one, several months ago, was for pleurisy. I suspect it was chest wall pain or both. My PCP has added Chronic Fatigue Syndrome to my diagnoses. They share many sx. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Hi Marian. I was re-reading and it just struck me (I'm so dense and unaware sometimes - just amazes me what I ignore!) I've recently had the costochondritis thing - like this little symptom popped up just in the last 6 months or so. I wake up feeling like someone had been beating my lower front ribcage. Hurts like the devil. It doesn't last very long though, (thank goodness!) maybe the better part of a day? and then it goes away. Very intermittent.

Everything I know about fibro, I've learned in the last 2 months. Before then I had no idea. But now I look back on all the individual "things", and in light of the new knowledge, it's like a big 1000 watt lightbulb or "AHA!!!!" moment. I felt that way too, when I finally understood what it meant to have joint hypermobility. It was like all the little oddities of my childhood were explained in one neat, personal "Not-So-Grand Unification Theory of Karen". I wonder why I've never suspected any of this stuff before. Not too bright at times... :rolleyes:

Just some early morning musing. I actually had a pretty decent day yesterday. Felt relatively decent. Got stuff done, did some cooking. Those good days sure stand out when you get them, don't they?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

Morning Glories!! How are all my lovely ladies today? I want to give a shout to the big Master Stirrer for some good juju for our Gemgirl. Praying for a good outcome, an uneventful procedure, good drugs, and lots of bowing and catering to her every need. Just put it on my tab. We'll settle up at the Pearly Gates. Thanks, everso. :saint:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Upgradable said:
........I want to give a shout to the big Master Stirrer for some good juju for our Gemgirl. Praying for a good outcome, an uneventful procedure, good drugs, and lots of bowing and catering to her every need. Just put it on my tab. We'll settle up at the Pearly Gates. Thanks, everso. :saint:

i'll split the tab with you, Uppy!

MoZo

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock

Good morning, everyone! I checked out for the weekend and missed so much around here. I still had several good laughs, however, at the Monty Python fest-what fun! Karen, I love your post about gratuitous MP references brightening your day-can I use that?

"Who's that?" I dunno, must be the king" "Why do you say that?" "He hasn't got sh*# all over him".

Colorluvr, I'm so sorry about your beloved dog. What a difficult, heartbreaking thing to bear. Please be good to yourself.

SooCool, I'm so sorry about your Dad but glad that he is improving.

Gemgirl, sending you dust and good vibes.

Uppy, I feel for you. Dh has had alot of job turmoil for the last two years (he's a banker)-laying off people all over his office. Things seem to be settling down but the uncertainty has been hell. Please take good care of yourself-it's the only way you can be there for your hubby. I'll be saying prayers.

Gayle

Sparklee

Rough_Rock

Best of luck Gemgirl! Hope you're up and with us again in no time........

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!!! Big hugs and lots of heartfelt thank yous to all of my PS gem buddies for all the prayers and good wishes. Uppy my friend, you are truly one of a kind and I love you. You keep me laughing all the time!

As promised, I called our rising sun Marian this afternoon with the news of how my procedure went, but she told me "you have to tell everyone yourself. They're not going to believe it". So here I am, a little loopy, a little sore (can't sit sqaurely on my butt yet, LOL!) but happy to tell everyone.........

Although I have the pathology reports that said that five precancerous polyps still had to be removed, and I have the color photos of those polyps too, when the colorectal surgeon went inside to remove the polyps, he found.......... I didn't have any. They had disappeared on their own. The remaining five no longer exist. He carefully examined the areas where the five largest ones were removed in June and he said those spots are now covered with hyper-pigmented pink healthy tissue. No scar tissue. Just new colon surface. There wasn't even anything to take a biopsy of.

You know the old saying "God helps those who help themselves"? I don't know if it was the prayers that myself, my husband and all of our collective friends have been saying for me, or it was the Curcumin I've been taking for the last three months, but I didn't even need to have a biopsy done. Nothing! The colon surgeon wants me to come back in three years for another colonoscopy, but we've decided that we're going to talk to my regular Gastroenterologist and see if he'll do one in a year, just to be on the safe side. But for now, I'm fine and I want to thank everyone again for all the prayers and positive thoughts. My husband and I are both in shock. My Gastro wanted me to have half of my colon removed immediately. In.shock!

:))

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay Gemgirl! So glad everything went great. :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

good news, indeed!

MoZo

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fabulous news! :appl: (I think that saying is somewhat incorrect, BUT God can and does heal at times, perhaps as an answer to prayer or just because He wants to! :saint: )

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beyond great news!! I'm so so happy that no cutting was required!!

Now, eat something utterly decadent!! ;))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wonderful news gemgirl, I'm thrilled for you!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock

Yay Gemgirl! Good for you, it must be such a weight removed from your shoulders. :appl:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

Excellent news - YAY!!!!!! :twirl:

lulu

Ideal_Rock

Great news gemgirl!

lulu

Ideal_Rock

So the 9/11 threads have me thinking-you folks must all remember where you were when you heard about the Kennedy assassination. I was in my 5th grade classroom when my friend came from her piano lesson with a note for Sr. Laura telling her about the shooting and she sent us all home after informing us. How about you?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

Gemmy, that must have been one wild three day cleanse!!! I can't tell you how amazing that news is. Good thing MoZo and I chipped in to pay the Big Man.

Seriously though, I am grateful to God for the miracles he performs when we have faith and hope.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock

Woooo hooo, Gemgirl! What great news!

I hope that you are eating something totally delicious tonight!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lulu said:
So the 9/11 threads have me thinking-you folks must all remember where you were when you heard about the Kennedy assassination. I was in my 5th grade classroom when my friend came from her piano lesson with a note for Sr. Laura telling her about the shooting and she sent us all home after informing us. How about you?

Well strictly speaking I WAS living, but I was a bit young for memories of it. The thing I remember best is the moonwalk...I watched that quite a bit...

lulu

Ideal_Rock

Boy Ksinger, now I feel really old, lol

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

ksinger~the chest and rib pain can really knock you to your knees! I'm glad that you have a rheum appt scheduled. It's true that when you have a good day, you really notice it. I hope you have more good ones than not so good ones :))

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

for me it was the cuban missle crisis: i thought we were going to die any moment.

MoZo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results