shape
carat
color
clarity

Georgia Law help, please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I was involved in an accident recently and the other guy''s insurance is not wanting to pay for a new wheel to be put on my car, and instead, they are saying they will put a "remanufactured" wheel on my car (which means another car from a wrecked car of the same make and model as my own vehicle). This is NOT a safe item to have "remanufactured" and they are doing it to save costs, and I feel that my safety (and the safety of anyone in the car with me, or near me on the road) is not being taken as the optimum goal here, money is.

So, I know that as a law, Georgia allows for new parts to be put on cars, but I cannot find that law. I was checking in LexisNexis, but to no avail.

Anyone have any idea where I can look?

Thanks in advance!!
9.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
I am not familiar with the GA laws, but the following old article might provide enough context clues for keywords to help you in your LexisNexis search. Good luck!

Article on GA Auto Parts

f-d-l

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
fleur,

Thank you for your help.

A friend of mine from church who also works in insurance and has a background in law called the company and talked with them and things got worked out. They''re agreeing to put a new wheel on the car.

9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Guys, I NEVER knew this, but it''s TRUE!

Did you know that if you''re ever in an auto accident (and I hope you''re not!!) and your vehicle is able to be fixed, that you''re entitled to "deminished value" to be paid to you by insurance for what the car will "lose" in trade-in down the road, for having been in an accident?

Well, you are. And insurance knows it, but they don''t tell you about it or even mention it unless you ASK.

They call and get a quote of what the deminished value is (meaning what your car would be worth in trade in compared to what it will be worth now, having been in an accident), and then they call you to see if that quote is acceptable to you. If it''s not, you can call dealerships yourself and see what the deminished value is that you come up with and if you have "proof" of this estimate of trade in "loss," you can present it and get that paid to you.

Then you can do whatever you want with it or save it up for when it''s time to trade in the car, and have the benefit of interest being earned on it in the mean time.

Who knew???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results