shape
carat
color
clarity

Gasp! Airbrushing babies lil'' fat rolls....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh noes! Babies are going to get eating disorders from seeing these supermodel babies on magazine covers! Babies need positive role models, not waif babies to look up to!
2.gif
3.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Babyhood is the ONE TIME having fat rolls and displaying them in public is socially acceptable. This is a travesty!
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know whether to laugh or cry. That''s just ridiculous.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a magazine idea - Untouched - encourage those brave enough to have a totally authentic magazine filled with untouched images and untouched topics, unedited interviews, etc. I hate magazines in general but I''d buy that one.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This just adds to my reasons why I''d never permit my children to model (as was asked about in another thread).

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to go against the grain here and hope that he meant, when he said he removed creases, that he removed ones made from an awkward pose or clothing that was too tight beforehand. Because wtf, baby rolls are AWESOME! I can hardly wait to take pictures of my baby''s rolls!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Come ON! You really think the photos on Pampers bags or Gerber bottles are "fresh out da" CAMERA? No one wants SNAPSHOTS on magazine covers or products or in logos. Those things are always going to be glamorized glossy depictions of aspirational fluff. Baby-oriented or not.

Do I want to see EYE-LINER or inappropriate clothing on babies ... no. Or waif babies ... no. But the same kind of gentle smoothing and eye-lightening and skin-tone evening that everyone else gets .... why not? You want ''em to leave in the drool & snot too?

PS -- Mc, really? You''d want your kids to go on "Nanny 911" & pretend to be bad -- but a little airbrushing is out of bounds? Really?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I think removing things like drool, snot, scratches, etc. is ok.

Removing fat rolls though...that seems unnecessary for a baby.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 11:10:29 AM
Author: fiery

+1

BUT I think baby drool is cute too!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 11:10:29 AM
Author: fiery

Ditto this. Deco, I don''t think anyone was under the impression that the photos were completely unretouched, but removing fat rolls is a bit extreme.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 11:00:21 AM
Author: decodelighted
Come ON! You really think the photos on Pampers bags or Gerber bottles are ''fresh out da'' CAMERA? No one wants SNAPSHOTS on magazine covers or products or in logos. Those things are always going to be glamorized glossy depictions of aspirational fluff. Baby-oriented or not.

Do I want to see EYE-LINER or inappropriate clothing on babies ... no. Or waif babies ... no. But the same kind of gentle smoothing and eye-lightening and skin-tone evening that everyone else gets .... why not? You want ''em to leave in the drool & snot too?

PS -- Mc, really? You''d want your kids to go on ''Nanny 911'' & pretend to be bad -- but a little airbrushing is out of bounds? Really?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Total threadjack, but Deco I love your holiday avatar LOL!!!

okay back to the regularly scheduled broadcast.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I think if they did it because it clashed into the text it would be fine but otherwise what''s the point? Although from the picture, I can see where it would have been I think and it looks like the text is highlighted in orange so....
33.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Bizzare... I LOVE SQUISHY BABY SKIN... it even smells divine!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE chubby babies!!! I think baby fat is so adorable and it''s so sad that they''re even airbrushing cute babies now...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love the baby cheeks and the little rolls. I have seen several mothers in tears when their child is not gaining weight and they have lost so much fat in their face and skin that their friends are noticing. If the problem is one that is easy to fix I will say in a playful tone "my goal is to get the cheeks back!" They always smile at that statement, because that is what makes a baby cute! That is really not something you can say about any other age group.

If our society cannot accept babies for who they are, than we got a problem.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 1:46:15 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I love the baby cheeks and the little rolls. I have seen several mothers in tears when their child is not gaining weight and they have lost so much fat in their face and skin that their friends are noticing. If the problem is one that is easy to fix I will say in a playful tone ''my goal is to get the cheeks back!'' They always smile at that statement, because that is what makes a baby cute! That is really not something you can say about any other age group.

If our society cannot accept babies for who they are, than we got a problem.
Ditto. I know that there will be enhancements in color, slobber, eye-goo...but the baby rolls? Come on now...they are so irresistably adorable!! I love to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results