shape
carat
color
clarity

Foods you have Craved while Pregnant?? :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just curious what you have craved or are craving. Preggos and former preggos please share :bigsmile:

I thought I would go nuts if I didn't get a watermelon today so hubby met me at Costco to load my car with a big watermelon so I could eat it tonight!!! :cheeky: The other day it was donuts! lol I got 2. For me it has been pretty much carbs (must be low sodium though) and fruit! Oh and chocolate :D

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Fried pickes from a specific restaurant we have in town. I tried from 2 places before I finally had the chance to make it to my favorite place. They are spears with a thick beer batter fry on them.
White grapefruit juice. Not ruby red, the super tart stuff.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
charbie|1302900997|2897198 said:
Fried pickes from a specific restaurant we have in town. I tried from 2 places before I finally had the chance to make it to my favorite place. They are spears with a thick beer batter fry on them.

Oh I love pickles! mmmm sounds yummy. Oh I craved grapefruit juice too!!! Tart is good! :D

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Sweets. I ate a lot of chocolate, cheesecakes and ice creams, especially for the second pregnancy where I wasn't as worried about gaining too much weights. Also spicy foods, like buffalo wings, Tom Yum soup, salsa... anything spicy.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I didn't really have any cravings while preggo, but there was one night I HAD to have some chocolate. I normally can't stand plain chocolate, and DH is very lucky I had some in the fridge that night or he would have been running to the store!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hamburgers with TONS of pickles. I was eating at least 6 hamburgers a week. :cheeky:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Green olives, chocolate milk, donuts, where all my top cravings.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Craved sweets and salts...flavorful foods. Some junk food. Root beer and also fruits. Honestly not sure if this was all pregnancy related or just my subconscious giving me permission to give in to every 'want'.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With my daughter, I leaned toward salty foods...I remember craving pizza, even though it gave me heartburn sometimes!

With my son, it was ice cold watermelon...I still remember how wonderful and satisfying it was, pure heaven. My mouth would water just thinking about it! I wonder if there's some vitamin or something in watermelon that I lacked while I was pregnant, because the cravings for it were just so intense.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I had FUN reading these and found myself nodding my head to a lot of these too! hehe :D

QT, I am loving spicy curry dishes w/lots of veggies and noddles. :cheeky: :cheeky: I do love sweet candy like gummy's but try to limit those and eat fruit instead but it is hard and sometimes the candy wins.

MUSTANG ~~ I am not a big chocolate fan but this time I crave chocolate big time. In the 1st trimester I had none along w/any caffeine but 2nd trimster I had some and still eating some from time to time. lol haha to if you didn't have it you would have had your hubby go get it!!! lol :mrgreen:

EB ~~ oh hamburgers are good! I use to be all about boca burgers but now during pregnancy I love me a real hamburger w/cheese, pickles and mustard! I have one probably every other week! hehe :bigsmile:

TACORI ~~ something about donuts during pregnancy is the best!!! Which was your favorite donut? I notice that I can't stand the cinnamon ones that I loved before pregnancy but give me a chocolate glazed one and I am happy. :D

JANINEGIRLY ~~ fruit is the best and so refreshing; the colder it is the better!!! :D lol, no I think our tastes do change because there are things I never craved before pregnancy.

JUNE ~~ mmmmm pizza! ice cold watermelon yes, super yummy! :D

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

Charbie, I actually wrote a song when I was pregnant about my love of fried pickles .

To the tune of Lady Antebellum's "I Need You Now"

Greasy cardboard boxes scattered all around the floor,
Reachin' for the phone cause I can't fight it anymore,
And I wonder if they ever cross your mind,
For me it happens all the time....

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need fried pickles now,
Said I wouldn't call but, I lost all control and I need pickles now,
And I don't know how I can do without, I need fried pickles now.....

Another squirt of ranch sauce can't stop lookin at the door,
Wishin the delivery guy rang the bell like he did before,
For me it happens all the time

Said I wouldn't call, but I lost all control and I need pickles now,

I guess it's okay to get fat cause I'm pregnant afterall.....

I actually didn't have any fried pickles when I was pregnant, though I'm up for them any time. YUM! I craved carbs, candy, carbs, and red meat.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1302913497|2897411 said:

Charbie, I actually wrote a song when I was pregnant about my love of fried pickles .

To the tune of Lady Antebellum's "I Need You Now"

Greasy cardboard boxes scattered all around the floor,
Reachin' for the phone cause I can't fight it anymore,
For me it happens all the time....

Said I wouldn't call but, I lost all control and I need pickles now,

Another squirt of ranch sauce can't stop lookin at the door,
Wishin the delivery guy rang the bell like he did before,
For me it happens all the time

I guess it's okay to get fat cause I'm pregnant afterall.....

I actually didn't have any fried pickles when I was pregnant, though I'm up for them any time. YUM! I craved carbs, candy, carbs, and red meat.
Lemme get this straight. You were even compelled to write a song about fried pickles and didn't even eat any???? I have tears in my eyes from laughing...and the ranch line....uhh, yup. Hot crispy pickles in nice cold ranch....gaaahh! And candy. Ummm...I may have stopped at the store and got gummy bears, and about 5 mins later decided I also wanted sour patch kids and got those too. Oh and DH came home with starbursts and I helped devour the bag.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
For me it was yoohoo chocolate soda. I would have walked a mile for my yoohoo soda! It contains nothing very healthy and is really junk food and I've never liked it except when I was pregnant. Go figure.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
First cravings around 16 weeks were Granny Smith apples. I had hyperemesis and was on meds for it but still couldn't stomach most foods. I ate nothing but these for about 8 weeks.

Then moved onto chocolate fairy cakes and Mars Bars - I'd eat a 5 pack in a day of Mars.

But the cravings that drove me totally nuts and I had to have or I would die were for crushed ice, mothballs and coal tar shampoo.

I used to go out to play poker twice a week and the barman always made me white peach virgin mojitos and I must have driven everyone else at the table crazy because I'd crunch all the ice all night! I had one a few weeks after I'd had Daisy and had no urge to crunch the ice at all - it was still a nice drink but I didn't crave it like I did when I was PG. The mothballs I didn't want to eat, but I had one in a hanky in my bag so I could get it out and sniff it... :oops:

If you get cravings for ice or any other kind of pica, get your iron levels checked as it's a classic sign of anaemia!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I craved ice cream with my first pregnancy and oranges and peanut butter (not at the same time) with my 2nd one.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Mango, chili cheese fried, and colombian hot dogs.

I used to love colombian hot dogs before I was pregnant and craved it bad during but now I can't stand to even think of it.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
With Evan I wanted fruit fruit and more fruit---especially grapes.

With Violet I wanted Sweet iced tea and french fries---and I never drank/ate them before getting pregnant!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, chocolate glazed donut holes.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy123|1302898182|2897161 said:
Just curious what you have craved or are craving. Preggos and former preggos please share :bigsmile:

I thought I would go nuts if I didn't get a watermelon today so hubby met me at Costco to load my car with a big watermelon so I could eat it tonight!!! :cheeky: The other day it was donuts! lol I got 2. For me it has been pretty much carbs (must be low sodium though) and fruit! Oh and chocolate :D

Watermelon for me too! In fact I ate so much I thought my baby would have red skin! (my belly looked a watermelon too! :cheeky: ) Funny what one remembers.....it's been a few years...

cheers--Sharon

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
With #1 (boy): Sushi, V8, raw veggies and fruits, tacos, steaks!
#2 (girl): tacos, pasta, a freaking chocolate kick that lasted for 7 weeks (I'm not normally a chocolate fan)
#3 (boy): Meat aversion! Could not STAND the smell of meat between months 4 and 7. Craved cheese and garlic dills, lots of veggies, and wasabi.
#4 (girl): strawberries and tuna (bite of one, bite of the other, repeat), and Edward's Mudslide pie (lots of chocolate, caramel and whipped cream)

**edited by moderator. please post only family-friendly items**

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me it was cereal, and not the healthy kind. I wanted Lucky Charms, Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops etc. :lickout:

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
For both boys, it was any and everything with tomatoes. Pizza, pasta with red sauce, tomato soup, etc. With the first I craved sweets, while with the second I craved broccoli, grilled chicken salads and pickles (but only hot ones from chick fil a sandwiches!).

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had cravings for cigarette buts. No joke. I don't smoke so it was weird that I wanted to eat them. lol Guess that is pica. (never actually ate one, though... ;))

I'm pretty sure I had some sort of weird eating disorder while pregnant because if I craved something and couldn't have it, I would refuse to eat at all. I remember laying on the bed for like three hours freaking out because my DH wouldn't take me out to eat at some gross place like red lobster (which we NEVER eat at) because I wanted battered prawns. lol Finally I would cave and eat real food. lol

Mostly I loved carbs and ate a lot of ravioli (another food I'd ONLY eat from a specific italian resturant).

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
With my son it was Big Macs and lemonade. I must have had McD's at least 4 times a week while I was pregnant with him. With my daughter it was pizza. Had to have it all. the. time. For some reason it sat well. I also craved coffee while I was pregnant with my daughter, but didn't have it too often. I never really drank coffee until then and now I don't feel complete unless I have a cup in the morning.

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
Winks_Elf|1303008896|2898185 said:
**edited by moderator. please post only family-friendly items**

:shock:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Watermelon was a big craving of mine too - there must be something in watermelon that pregnant women can't get enough of!

Also quarterpounders with cheese - some days I just drove around trawling all the drive-throughs in the area so that no one supplier got suspicious of my motives. (I could not eat one now, not if you paid me. I think I over-did it.)

Pizza, but that probably doesn't count, since there's no time in my life when I don't crave that. Even after most meals, I could eat pizza. When I'm old enough not to worry about dying young anymore, I'm going to eat pizza most days, and I shall take up smoking again. I craved menthol cigarettes when I was pregnant - not to smoke, but to sniff the un-lit cigarettes in the freshly-opened pack. Also coal tar shampoo, same as Pandora.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I've never been pregnant, but around my period I crave ice cold Mountain Dew's. Every month during my period food tastes so delicious in ways that I had not noticed before. My coworker craved cheesecake and would always keep on in the breakroom fridge "in case of emergency" :cheeky:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a huge meat aversion til around 20 weeks which was horrible because I've always been a meat lover so I had no idea what to eat.

I craved salty. Also I drank a TON of root beer and I never used to have much soda before. And I loved fast food... Carls Jr which I never used to eat...McD or TB... typically 2x a week (not each of them just total). Other than that I ate pretty much whatever sounded good.

Oh I also ate a TON of cereal... I would go through a box of whatever every 3 days (eat it for multiple meals) whereas before--again never really ate much cereal.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
It was a very long time ago but with my 1st it was hardees mushroom and swiss ( I have not had one since then, yuck) I would eat them 4-5 times a week and with my second, grape pop, I tried to substitute real grape juice but it was a no go, it gave me uber bad heartburn but I loved it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results