shape
carat
color
clarity

Eek! New mom/baby gift help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Okay, I know there have been several topics like this, but I''m hoping our current moms-to-be and recent new moms will chime in.

My friend just had a baby. As in....3 hours ago just had a baby. It''s her and her husband''s first child, and she''s really excited. When I go visit (and I''m not sure when that will happen...I''ll call her/her husband tonight and ask how she''s feeling) I want to bring something for the baby, something for her, and maybe something for them as a family. Nothing toooooo expensive, but I do like to spoil my friends a little bit. But what to get? I have no clue. This is my first ever friend that I''ve known that had a baby (excluding people that already had babies when I met them) and I''m totally clueless!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I brought champagne (along with some breast milk test strips) and some onesies to the hospital when my friend had her baby.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
To be very honest getting gifts in the hospital was a just more stuff to have to haul home. I appreciated company and visits but I wish the gifts came once I was home. Aren''t most women there for only 24 hours nowadays?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I would bring food. I agree that it''s PITA to bring home all the stuffs, plus they really don''t need anything at the hospital.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m actually not even sure I''ll be able to see her in the hospital. I''ll call tonight and see if they''re up to it, but if not I probably won''t see them until I get back from Europe and they''re home from the hospital.

So far I have a vote for champagne and food. Anything else?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
One of my fav gifts was a GC to a pizza place! When you're sleep deprived and dealing with a newborn the last thing you want to do is cook...although you are hungry!
41.gif
I would give a gift card to restaurant you know your friends like and that do take-out. Maybe add a couple things for the baby off her registry and have those delivered to her house?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Food. And not lasagna (we still have 3 in our freezer)! Maybe some takeout from her fav restaurant? And make sure to tell her you will be bringing lunch or dinner or whatever so she doesn't make something herself.

Otherwise any nice little baby gift is appreciated. But food is what I wanted! lol.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Food it is! Lol. I really just want to make sure I get her something that will help out, you know? And since this is my first time doing anything like this I''m totally clueless, lol.

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Just having our son 3 months ago I will agree that a GC to a restaurant that they like and can get carry out would be something well appreciated as these first few weeks are tough to fit in any time for home cooking. As for baby, I would look up their registery for ideas or even get a GC so they can get things as they find they need them like diapers/wipes or even formula. What a sweet and thoughful friend you are!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
If she is breast feeding I wouldn''t bring anything alcoholic.

I would opt for something more relaxing...like a basket of indulgent gifts...like bubble bath, lotion, maybe an aromatherapy eye mask...things that she can use as a mini-escape while the baby is sleeping.

For the baby, I would bring a lovely stuffed animal...something that is all Spring. I was an April baby too and my mom always fondly remembers all the stuffed lambs and chicks I recieved.

For the couple, maybe a gift certificate to a resturant they enjoy that does carry out since date night will probably be limited...and a good movie they can enjoy together.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 1:42:36 PM
Author: qtiekiki
I would bring food. I agree that it's PITA to bring home all the stuffs, plus they really don't need anything at the hospital.

I've probably missed this thread...but the best gift I ever got in hospital was a HUGE basket of yummy hand-selected fruit from my sister! *heart* Oh, with a variety of yummy chocolates and nuts thrown in!!! She knows what I like, and that I ADORE fruits, so I got strwberries, kiwi fruits, mandarins, melons, blue berries .... all sorts of the very best!!! Oh, and creamy gourmet yoghurt!

You could consider whether she has access to tea and coffee making facilities - and take along a packet of the very best hot chocolate (or whatever she fancies)... and the kettle, if you need to!

For me, I find it hard to eat a lot during pregnancy (I get bad heartburn, and tend to 'eat to survive'), so when I'm done with labour, I am FAMISHED!!!!

On both occasions, she has been the only one to consider FOOD, though! Not even my mum or my husband thought to bring me any!! If anything, my husband would have been likely to eat the 'tastiest' morsels off my hospital plate!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results