shape
carat
color
clarity

Dream Closets - What''s your Ultimate Dream Closet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve been working our way through renovating our home room by room.

Finally, we''ve reached the closets. I''m thinking of an Every Girl''s Dream Walk in Dressing Room closet. Organized, neat, everything ship shape and stowed away, color coded, yet easily accessible, feminine and personal with a touch of glamour- -- inspired by Carrie Bradshaw, of course!

Any one have pictures of the ultimate dream closet?

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
we are just getting started, but I am thinking- built ins, shelves. mirrored drawers, wood floors, chandelier, shag rug... and lots of mirrors, and maybe wallpaper.

There are so many great design magazines and websites with dream closets but not sure I can post pictures from other websites, so would rather see your dream inspirations.

fabclosetintheworks.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
My closet is just plastered walls as we are still constructing.
15.gif

But one of my favourite inspirations is on another forum so I can''t post the link. It is on a purse site and the user is PeanutBabyCakes. She has a fabulous collection
30.gif
and the closet aint bad either.

I hope being this cryptic isn''t breaking rules.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Elle Decor and the old Domino magazine used to have FABULOUS walk in closet photos - to die for inspiration.

I don''t want to break the PS rules either but man alive there are some great websites with incredible Every Girl''s Dream Walk in Glamourous Closet.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything''s better than what we have now. Our closets are exactly hanger deep and only about 3 feet wide.
39.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2010 5:42:13 PM
Author: gardengloves
Elle Decor and the old Domino magazine used to have FABULOUS walk in closet photos - to die for inspiration.

I don''t want to break the PS rules either but man alive there are some great websites with incredible Every Girl''s Dream Walk in Glamourous Closet.

Thanks gardengloves. Puuurrty pictures.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I have a nice master closet. Let me clean it a little, and I''ll take some pictures for you...
10.gif

(probably tomorrow)

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No chandeliers for me. I spent too much time as a kid cleaning the chandelier in my mother''s dining room. Total PITA. Same with a white shag rug. I used to have a white flokati rug in my home office and it needed to be both washed and brushed more often than my dog! My dream closet built-ins would be wood, with both hanger space and drawers. I think I''d keep my shoes somewhere near or on the floor so the area could be vacuumed. I guess I''m getting too practical for a Carrie Bradshaw closet because I''m the one who''d have to clean it!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Rainwood and Iluvcarats,

luvcarats, I''d love to see your pics- I''m looking for inspiration.

I really like a streamlined sanctuary closet-be totally organized, purge anything not worn, keep only the essentials, really live less is more.

- keep it really lean, but maybe I am dreaming.., but I would like to have just a few glam pieces in there.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My perfect closet would be one that contains a huge assortment of designer outfits, fancy shoes, and gorgeous handbags.
3.gif

Yeah, okay, I would settle for it to be organized. lol I spent an hour this afternoon cleaning it up and it looks better than before.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dream closet would clearly incorporate separate his and hers sides. I''m tired of sharing, and *HE* has more clothes than I do!
2.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I wish I would''ve taken pics of this one house we saw this past weekend (during house hunting) It used to be a 5-bedroom and the owners turned one of the bedrooms into a walk-in closet complete with one of those center "island" things. it was TO DIE FOR. Even DH had his mouth hanging open!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Great thread and our house project doesnt'' officially kick off for another month but one thing we will have as a result is a new master suite with huge walk in closet. So I need to figure out what do do with it (and I have never had a decent sized closet in my adult years!).

Of course I love the closet systems that Container Store offers--but they are $$.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I love our closet. It''s the size of a bedroom, and even has its own window. No lack of space there! Unfortunately, we don''t have any organizers for it, so it tends to be a bit messy. One day...!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I so agree with Ikea and Hold Everything solutions. Floor to ceiling organizational perfection!

So here''s what we are working with. Two walks in''s off the master bath, which we just completed after 4 months of DYI labor, Dh mostly, me on paint patrol - we have temp shelves in closets at the moment until we decide on permanent built in''s. Each closet his and hers around 8 x 9.. I know, its a lot, a lot of space, more than I ever had, but I want it to Zen perfect. When I saw the bathroom layout this is the reason we bought the house. Ideas welcome.

bathrenoclosetview33.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Mariah Carey has the best closet I have ever seen. I would have to say that is arguably better than the SATC Carrie Bradshaw closet. I think I want a hybrid of the two, with an island. Actually, I think I might make a closet/office. Gotta write these ideas down . . .

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, I am also just starting to do our house renovation and have been looking at walk-in wardrobes. I did save a pic but not sure where I got it. Most probably, this is what we are going to do, a spacious walk-in (but without the chandelier of course).
3.gif

wardrobe.jpg

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 9:11:19 AM
Author: megeve
Ahhh, I am also just starting to do our house renovation and have been looking at walk-in wardrobes. I did save a pic but not sure where I got it. Most probably, this is what we are going to do, a spacious walk-in (but without the chandelier of course).
3.gif
gorgeous..i saved this since you never know! This actuallly reminds me of Mariah Carey''s!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
megeve-I want to move into your house!!!! I
30.gif
that closet. How amazing!!!! Now see, that''s why I can''t keep my room clean and my closet organized...they aren''t big enough
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2010 4:48:54 AM
Author: pennquaker09
Mariah Carey has the best closet I have ever seen. I would have to say that is arguably better than the SATC Carrie Bradshaw closet. I think I want a hybrid of the two, with an island. Actually, I think I might make a closet/office. Gotta write these ideas down . . .
Totally agree. I can''t believe you''re the only other person to mention either of those closets!!! Carrie''s was my first thought. That closet was the heart of the entire movie. The build-up, the lonely pair of Manolo''s symbolizing the break-up, and the reunion between Carrie and Big. Sigh.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 11:32:04 AM
Author: monarch64
Date: 1/28/2010 4:48:54 AM

Author: pennquaker09

Totally agree. I can''t believe you''re the only other person to mention either of those closets!!! Carrie''s was my first thought. That closet was the heart of the entire movie. The build-up, the lonely pair of Manolo''s symbolizing the break-up, and the reunion between Carrie and Big. Sigh.

I so agree, Mr. Big found that apt and that closet as an expression of his love Carrie. He understood who she was and what she wanted. The perfect closet for his girl.

Not sure PS admin will let us post pictures from other sites, but I have an army of inspirational Glamorous Dream Closets from Absolutely Fabulous sites. This is a worthy topic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results