shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you buy personalized/custom baby stuff?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
And if you do, what do you buy? I'm talking stuff like onesies with their names on them, or with custom designs and colors.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. I like the idea of it but my kid outgrows stuff so fast I don't even bother. Unless I had it in like 4 sizes he'd only wear it for a bit and then it's totally useless for a future kid or to give away to someone else etc.

The only time I might do something like this is for a backpack or something that he would have his name on long term, but even then I don't know that I'd want strangers knowing his name.

I saw personalized long-johns at some store recently with the name across the butt which were cute but again he'd wear them like a week and then grow out of them!

I have seen a bunch of personalized stuff on Etsy and also on cafepress.com recently.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
The Etsy stuff is exactly why I asked. Yeah, your kids will outgrow them super fast, but I like the idea of the ones that have a design rather than a name - I recently bought Micah a onesie at BRU that was on sale for 4 dollars and it had a swirling blue and gray design with a couple darker grey skulls thrown in. It was like a big boy shirt and it was so cute on him, I had to have it. I guess I would buy stuff like that in a design that maybe I created.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Yes :bigsmile:

Her future sibling is going to have a complex because everything he/she will wear will say Sophia :cheeky:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Not a parent yet, but I L-O-V-E buying personalized baby gifts for friends' kids. I have ordered several super-soft (made of "minky") blankets from a couple Etsy sellers that let you choose the fabric you want and then embroider the kid's name on them. These have been huge hits so far, so I'm sure I'll be ordering more in the future. I've also gotten custom bibs and loveys from the same sellers. I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of the same sort of stuff when I have my own children.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Nope...it might be different if I had a girl, but I'm not a big fan on things with MY name on it (dh learned right away I didn't want a Tiffany 'initial' necklace when they were all the rage way back when, didn't want monogramed towels or anything, etc.), so probably not.

I considered it for his first bday, but when I saw the cute "1" onesie at target for $5 I figured that was good. And his christmas stocking this year had his name puffy painted on it, just like mine and dh's =) I certainly waste a lot of money on this kid, but it's not on personalizing.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
T has a wooden stool with her name is puzzle pieces and a blanket that was a baby gift but that's it. No clothes. I will not do the backpack for reasons Mara mentioned. I don't want strangers to know her name.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually someone else mentioned a blanket, my mom quilted J a blanket and then stitched a dedication to it in the back to him. it's cool. i would do a blanket.

also Tacori mentioned those puzzle stools, i have seen those at fairs and thought they were cool.

i also love finding clothing items that are out of the ordinary and not so baby...i like J in some baby cutesy stuff (the new baby alligator line at Gymboree is one of my FAVES, he has like 4 items from there) but also it's fun to get items that are bigger boy. my cousin got us a few onesies that looked really 'biker' made of soft gray material that had like a tatooed heart and swirls and things like that which were not remotely cutesy but still cool when on.

it's ironic because i am OBSESSED with buying him clothes, but i won't spend on monogrammed anything! i did like the idea of the personalized hooded towels at PBK...super cute.

ETA..fiery who are you kidding, you know your next kid is going to have all new personalized stuff! :lol:

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
No personalized stuffs for us. We don't like things with our names/initials on them, mainly because I feel weird getting rid of personalized things. I don't want to see someone else wearing or using things with our names.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't buy it for my own kid, but it's a cute gift idea for someone else's kid....how sad is that? It's too good for my kid but not for someone else! LOL....

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
No. May be a boy/girl thing though, cause most moms of girls I know have a ton.

We do have a few bags with his name on them that I love that were given to us as gifts. I use one all the time as his diaper bag but usually keep the name facing me.

We are thinking of getting him is own "chair" for his bday, and I MIGHT monogram that. MAYBE. But it might just say "O" on it.

Fiery- WAIT, when did it go from "one and done" to potential future siblings?????????????????????????????????? :devil:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
ChinaCat said:
No. May be a boy/girl thing though, cause most moms of girls I know have a ton.

We do have a few bags with his name on them that I love that were given to us as gifts. I use one all the time as his diaper bag but usually keep the name facing me.

We are thinking of getting him is own "chair" for his bday, and I MIGHT monogram that. MAYBE. But it might just say "O" on it.

Fiery- WAIT, when did it go from "one and done" to potential future siblings?????????????????????????????????? :devil:

:tongue: We'll meet here in 3 years and see what my ultimate decision is :bigsmile:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got Trapper a little minky blanket w/a monkey embroidered on it and his first/middle name. It has different ribbons around the sides to feel. I bought one for a friend when she had her son as well. When I was pg w/Trapper I had a shirt made for London that had 2 stick figures, a big girl and a little boy and said "Big Sister March 2007", and she wore it when we went around to tell people and she'd show the u/s pictures.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results