shape
carat
color
clarity

Coupon Clippers-What do you use to organize your coupons?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All!

WIth two babies on the way, I'm determined to become more thrifty. I'm looking for a good way to organize my coupons and find a coupon holder or container which I can throw in my bag and take with me to the store.

How do you organize your coupons?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Re: Coupon Clippers-What do you use to organize your coupons

I use one of those little plastic filer thingies that are tote sized or smaller. They have little dividers so I can divide by category :cleaning, frozen foods, soups, fruits/veggies, meats etc.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They have some cute ones on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/COUPON-Holder-O...612?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58897be2bc

And, I'd guess they'd have equally cute organizers on Etsy too! I've used a paper version of these in the past that they sell at the grocery store, but I am NOT an organized person at all, so I could never keep up with it. Instead, I have an evelope with coupons that I often forget about entirely.

I have a coupon tip for you too -- people sell coupons on eBay, usually in lots of 10 or 20 for the same product. This only works if you have to buy a bunch of the same product and plan to stock up. I would imagine that a lot of baby products, like coupons for diapers and formula, have a lot of bidders. I've done this in the past for certain veggie frozen food items, like Amy's entrees, if I planned to stock up for work.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You can also use a small photo album so you can see at a glance. The kind where you just slip the photo into a "pocket". Some have 2 pockets per page, some have 4. They are under $10 and widely available.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock

I use 2 methods.

1) 3 ring binder with baseball card protector sheets. I can easily look and find what I want. It is a hassle cutting them to the right size though, so I switched to..

2) using a file folder to file the entire insert from the paper. I found a website that lists what coupons my paper gets, so I just print that out and paperclip it to the insert. When I use a coupon, I just mark it on the sheet of paper as used. The website I use posts which insert coupons are in, so this is the quickest way for me to do it.

Any loose coupons from friends or that I find in the store go in the binder. I usually take the binder with me to the store in case I see a good deal.

HTH!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

blackpolkadot said:
I use 2 methods.

1) 3 ring binder with baseball card protector sheets. I can easily look and find what I want. It is a hassle cutting them to the right size though, so I switched to..

2) using a file folder to file the entire insert from the paper. I found a website that lists what coupons my paper gets, so I just print that out and paperclip it to the insert. When I use a coupon, I just mark it on the sheet of paper as used. The website I use posts which insert coupons are in, so this is the quickest way for me to do it.

Any loose coupons from friends or that I find in the store go in the binder. I usually take the binder with me to the store in case I see a good deal.

HTH!

I pretty much do what bpd does. I have a binder wtih baseball card sheets in it. Any coupon I think I might use goes into
my binder. The rest of the coupons that are still in the inserts from Sunday get a date put on the outside and put in
a folder in dated order so I can get to the one I am looking at easily.

You need to find a few good coupon blog sites to let you know about sells and coupon match ups. I have a few favorites...

dealseekingmom.com, chachingonashoestring.com and southernsavers.com are good for me. iheartpublix is also good.
google around andfind some that you like.

April20

Ideal_Rock

I am a huge coupon clipper.

Here's my two cents and what I do.

With two! babies on the way, I think clipping them and filing them by categories might get a bit daunting. I tried to do it this way in my past with the photo album sheets and the baseball card holders- it was a disaster and I was single at the time! Just me and I couldn't keep up with it. I couldn't remember what categories I had what in and cleaning out expireds just got old.

I switched to the "file by insert" method, which worked much, much better. Each insert has the date along the spine. I have a big expandable file folder with sections. I mean big. I got it at Walmart. It has a handle on top and probably 15 sections. It was like $10. I file the coupon inserts from each week into individual sections. I clip the coupons I need each week. The catch to this method is that you HAVE to use websites that will match the coupons to sales. You really want to do that anyway to get the best deal with the coupon. The coupon sites will generate a list and tell you which week (or weeks) the coupons is from. Go to that week's coupons, find it, clip it, done. A small organizer is perfect for the week's coupons. Or you can just fold them into your grocery print out like I do and pray you don't drop them in the parking lot. On second thought, don't do that, get the organizer. :cheeky:

I use both Grocery Game and Coupon Mom for lists. I really like Grocery Game the best. I like how they're organized and color coded and that you know if it's a "rock bottom" sale price or a "fake sale". It's a pay site though, but I think it's worth the money- especialy for stores that have a lot of hidden sale items (like Kroger. They're infamous for it).

I use Coupon Mom for stores that are straightforward- like Publix. What's on sale is in their flyer. Very few hidden sales. It's free and typically does all your local grocery stores plus national lists for all the drug stores. I REALLY love that the website has a coupon database if you need an item and wonder if there's a coupon. You can search. Then you can search all the available lists and see where it's on sale. I usually need that for things like medication that you don't always use and all the sudden need. No waiting on a sale for that.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

I throw them all in the coupon drawer in the kitchen!
Helpful, huh?

It's actually been the best method for us, because the draw is nice and big so I can root around in there, push things aside, and quickly find what I need. I go through it and throw out expired coupons whenever the newest local coupon book comes out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results