shape
carat
color
clarity

Capri Sun Mold

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so there''s this thing all over facebook about a lady finding a huge blob of something Kraft has identified as mold in a Capri Sun she got for her kid. Article Link includes links to pics, Kraft''s statements, etc. There went all my good feelings about fruit juice!
14.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
ewww ya i saw it today on facebook then reposted it for all the moms on my facebook to see!!! soooo gross!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Haha I have this posted on my FB, too. Soooo gross. I''m hoping they find out it was just a rotted apple or something...but if it isn''t, I don''t think I will be buying any Capri Sun for awhile!
14.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Ugh. Looks like somebody didn't probably pasturize/sterilize the product. Gross!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I will wait and see what the lady does next. I don''t know anyone who cuts open capri sun, which makes me wonder how she knew it was there. If she leaves it at that, I believe her. If she sues, I will have to wonder.
I would never give kids capri sun anyway; 10% juice, 90% sugar water.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
The package was leaking and it smelled...so when it was drained the husband felt something weird in it...so they cut it open to see what it was.

From what I understand this is the second case of this happening in a week.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i saw that on FB too. the responses people had were hilarious. one woman said it looked like a dissected EYEBALL. another said it looked like human skin. and the woman who originally posted it kept typing in all caps. the whole thing was bizarre.

and ditto brazen... i wouldn''t be feeding my kid capri sun either... if there''s ever a time to move to 100% juice it''s when you find an eyeball/human skin/mold monkey in your made in china 10% juice drink!!!

that said i drank a lot of capri sun when i was young and i turned out just fine..
41.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw a woman at Walmart today with like 5 cases of CS. I wanted to tell her about the mold thing but I didn''t...so gross.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH, I had the same experience at Target yesterday. I kept my mouth shut too.

Date: 6/12/2010 1:33:06 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
I will wait and see what the lady does next. I don''t know anyone who cuts open capri sun, which makes me wonder how she knew it was there. If she leaves it at that, I believe her. If she sues, I will have to wonder.

I would never give kids capri sun anyway; 10% juice, 90% sugar water.

My uncle will cut the top off of them to dump them in a cup for my niece. If she "felt" something weird in there, I would''ve done it too!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
ew I saw this as well...everyone thought it looked like some sort of "human flesh", I thought it might have been a rotten/preserved apple (which might have smelled pretty bad). I''m glad to hear it was just mold, however, that is still really disgusting.

Thats what you get, I guess. How much can you expect from 10% juice, 90% who knows what, made in China Capri Sun? Blech!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results