shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC- basically, you get to collect all of your pee for 24 hours. It then gets tested to see how many units of protein are in it. Over 300 earns a diagnosis of preeclampsia.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1420230566|3810997 said:
amc80|1420226786|3810966 said:
Neil, seriously? I don't know how you didn't punch them in the throat. Seriously.

I just had my 34w appointment. They want me to redo the 24 hour pee hold (ugh). I am now officially measuring 40 weeks, so I guess I can't get mad when people ask if I'm due today. They will likely move up my Cs to 37 weeks, since by that point I'll be measuring like 3 weeks overdue. Kind of scary since that's only 2 weeks from now (35w tomorrow)! But my contractions are pretty much constant (and painful) at this point, so, on the other hand, 2 weeks sounds like a really really long time. I honestly think my water will break before that point though. My goal for this weekend is to pack hospital bags. It's all getting very real.
What's the 24h pee hold?

I had my dr appt today. I'll be 36w tmw, baby is measuring 35w but dr says that's completely normal. She says baby will be in the "sixes" but I'm pretty sure that baby will be at least 7.5lbs, possibly pushing 8 lbs. Dr didn't check my cervix yet but I think things are still closed and tight as I haven't felt any contractions (that I know of).

Feet and fingers are getting swollen and I've stopped wearing my rings. I've started seeing a chiropractor and getting biweekly massages for some short-term relief of my back pain.

My BFF just had her baby 2 weeks early on 1/1. Baby was still relatively large at almost 9 lbs! She was born 16 minutes after she got to the hospital - so jealous of the easy births second-time moms go through! Such an awesome birthday! I can't wait to no longer be pregnant!

If I didn't have my issues with blood clots, I'd ve certain this fella would be 10lbs. However, these clots can tend to make the infant smaller, so we will see.

Sorry you're getting swollen. My fingers look gross but my rigs fit just fine so I'm not complaining. I can't wear socks though as my kankles are so bad I get weird indents in my legs lol.

AMC, Sorry it's not going better for you. At least there's a close end date.
And yes he's lucky I didn't jump over my desk and smack him.

AFM, I got the babies room finished, went though all our old baby clothes for gender neutral stuff and washed it, all I need to do now is put the car seat base in and buy a few diapers....oh and a gurtle lol.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
36w2d here, and I'm feeling very pregnant and uncomfortable. I feel like the relaxin must have kicked in overnight because all of the sudden, all my joints are sore and my limbs are loose. I've also been suffering from pregnancy-induced insomnia these past few nights, which wasn't bad when I had time off from work due to the holidays, but is unpleasant now that I've resumed working.

Baby is also moving around a lot but I guess that's good. I still haven't had any contractions but my doctor says that I'm probably already getting Braxton Hicks, it's just that I don't realize it. At my last checkup, baby is head-down and apparently quite low, which would explain why I feel like I need to pee every time I get up to walk.

Our baby room is still not ready. The room still needs to be cleared out a little more and all her bedding needs to be washed. Hopefully we can finish it up this weekend. Going to get my hospital bag packed too. Car seat is getting installed in two weeks. We hired someone to come do it for us (according to our hospital, 92% of car seats are installed correctly but 90% of people think that their car seats are installed fine).

So, I guess this is the homestretch, but it still seems like forever between now and when the baby will be here!

AMC, how are you doing? Hopefully everything is going well!
Niel, seems like you're ready for #2!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1420487856|3812178 said:
36w2d here, and I'm feeling very pregnant and uncomfortable. I feel like the relaxin must have kicked in overnight because all of the sudden, all my joints are sore and my limbs are loose. I've also been suffering from pregnancy-induced insomnia these past few nights, which wasn't bad when I had time off from work due to the holidays, but is unpleasant now that I've resumed working.

Baby is also moving around a lot but I guess that's good. I still haven't had any contractions but my doctor says that I'm probably already getting Braxton Hicks, it's just that I don't realize it. At my last checkup, baby is head-down and apparently quite low, which would explain why I feel like I need to pee every time I get up to walk.

Our baby room is still not ready. The room still needs to be cleared out a little more and all her bedding needs to be washed. Hopefully we can finish it up this weekend. Going to get my hospital bag packed too. Car seat is getting installed in two weeks. We hired someone to come do it for us (according to our hospital, 92% of car seats are installed correctly but 90% of people think that their car seats are installed fine).

So, I guess this is the homestretch, but it still seems like forever between now and when the baby will be here!

AMC, how are you doing? Hopefully everything is going well!
Niel, seems like you're ready for #2!

I know exactly what you mean about working. I work in an office and sitting all day in our "ergonomic" chairs gives me such a back ache.

as for peeing, I think I have contractions every time I do lol, so that's always fun. We had a bit of a snow storm today and I was a half hour+ late for my last high risk doctors Apt. My daughter had an apt with the speech therapist today too, so I had to miss my apartment to be able to get her to hers. Oh well, I have a reg apt on the 8th, and I didn't need another ultrasound.

I wake up like clockwork at 4 to pee. Stay up till my hubby goes to work at 5, then struggle to get out of bed at 8! Grr

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC- It's so hard getting ready for baby when your body just wants to lay down all the time!

We've been busy trying to get everything ready, but it's hard managing all of that plus bed rest. I definitely have good days and bad. Yesterday I had very few painful contractions, and this morning they have been nonstop. I'm on my final load of baby laundry and plan to start packing bags later today (mine, baby's, and B's, in case he needs to stay over night at day care). I also need to sterilize my pump parts and bottle parts, but that might just have to wait until after baby is here.

On another note, I can't believe how small newborn stuff is! I'm used to B's 4T stuff and this is just so tiny. But very very cute :)

Neil- any closer to a name?

-35w2d

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1420491932|3812207 said:
SMC- It's so hard getting ready for baby when your body just wants to lay down all the time!

We've been busy trying to get everything ready, but it's hard managing all of that plus bed rest. I definitely have good days and bad. Yesterday I had very few painful contractions, and this morning they have been nonstop. I'm on my final load of baby laundry and plan to start packing bags later today (mine, baby's, and B's, in case he needs to stay over night at day care). I also need to sterilize my pump parts and bottle parts, but that might just have to wait until after baby is here.

On another note, I can't believe how small newborn stuff is! I'm used to B's 4T stuff and this is just so tiny. But very very cute :)

-35w2d

No closer. I feel like if I imagine him looking my my father (M looks JUST like him- blonde) Walter seems too fit. Plus then the middle name in my dads honor would work.

If I imagine him brunette, Marshall seems more fitting.

I have no idea. :knockout: especially because he could very easily come out a redhead!

36w5d

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1420492544|3812209 said:

-35w2d

No closer. I feel like if I imagine him looking my my father (M looks JUST like him- blonde) Walter seems too fit. Plus then the middle name in my dads honor would work.

I have no idea. :knockout: especially because he could very easily come out a redhead!

36w5d
Weren't you considering Russ/Russell at some point? If so, that's the perfect redhead name!

We're thinking of using Alexis now (we had previously decided on Riley). Thoughts? We're likely waiting until she comes out before deciding.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1420492704|3812212 said:

-35w2d

36w5d
Weren't you considering Russ/Russell at some point? If so, that's the perfect redhead name!

We're thinking of using Alexis now (we had previously decided on Riley). Thoughts? We're likely waiting until she comes out before deciding.

We must have similar naming styles- Riley and Alexis (nn Lexi) are both on my girl list.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1420492704|3812212 said:

-35w2d

36w5d

My husband wears he would call him rusty! Ah, can't handle that! :lol:

I love Alexis.

Do you like not knowing up until she's born? I know a lot of people think its fun. Its stressing me out lol :???:

Are you going to tell people? I think it would fun that everyone thinks its one name and you surprise them. Any other names on a short list?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1420493546|3812218 said:

I love Alexis.

Do you like not knowing up until she's born? I know a lot of people think its fun. Its stressing me out lol :???:

Are you going to tell people? I think it would fun that everyone thinks its one name and you surprise them. Any other names on a short list?
I haven't told anyone our names yet, but my husband has been telling people he knows. He can't keep a secret. His whole family knows that Riley is at the top of our short list. Right now, it's just Riley and Alexis. We also have Mia (my favorite) and Caitlin (his favorite) on the list, but he hates Mia and I dislike Caitlin so I doubt we will come down to those names.

AMC, we'd call her Lexi too! I've been thinking that Riley is a little too kiddish-sounding, and I'm not sure that it's a name that would work well when she's an adult (or a grandmother), but it's still at the very top of our list. Alexis sounds more grown-up, and Lexi is an awfully cute nickname.

Niel, we don't really have a problem waiting until she's out. If anything, it makes me more excited for her to come out and see what she "looks like." :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1420494247|3812223 said:
Niel|1420493546|3812218 said:

I love Alexis.

I haven't told anyone our names yet, but my husband has been telling people he knows. He can't keep a secret. His whole family knows that Riley is at the top of our short list. Right now, it's just Riley and Alexis. We also have Mia (my favorite) and Caitlin (his favorite) on the list, but he hates Mia and I dislike Caitlin so I doubt we will come down to those names.

AMC, we'd call her Lexi too! I've been thinking that Riley is a little too kiddish-sounding, and I'm not sure that it's a name that would work well when she's an adult (or a grandmother), but it's still at the very top of our list. Alexis sounds more grown-up, and Lexi is an awfully cute nickname.

Niel, we don't really have a problem waiting until she's out. If anything, it makes me more excited for her to come out and see what she "looks like." :)

Maybe Alexa a compromise on Mia?

Anyways yes I try and imagine the name as a baby, a 21 year old, a 50 year old... That's how I judge most names.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I fell last night.
I was walking the dog and slipped on some ice, fell forward right on my belly. It was somewhat clumsily- so I guess that's good it wasn't strait down.
I utterly flipped out. Was balling for like 20 minutes.
No bruising, no bleeding, and baby is still kicking, which after googling is apparently what I have to look for, but my blood clot has always had the increased probability of placental abrasion so I'm still concerned. I'll be calling the doctor in the morning just to make sure. I wish my appointment for the week was today, but its tomorrow.

F'ing snow.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I'm the worst mother ever and should have called last night. When I called the doc this morning they had me go into the hospital for some nonstress tests. I guess I should have come in sooner.

I just hate that when you call its nothing when you don't call you were suppose to.

:wall:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Niel- how scary! Are you going in now? Hopefully everything is ok! I hate the internal debate as to whether or not to go in. You don't want to be THAT person who goes in unnecessarily, but you also don't want to be the person who should have and didn't. The only reason I even went in last week was we had to pick B up from day care, so if I didn't go in right then it would have been a logistical nightmare.

Keep us posted.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1420646064|3812980 said:
Niel- how scary! Are you going in now? Hopefully everything is ok! I hate the internal debate as to whether or not to go in. You don't want to be THAT person who goes in unnecessarily, but you also don't want to be the person who should have and didn't. The only reason I even went in last week was we had to pick B up from day care, so if I didn't go in right then it would have been a logistical nightmare.

Keep us posted.

Apparently I'm fine. I'm a little annoyed that I just got a non stress test seeing as how they've been monitoring me this whole time for placental abrasion... But whatever they are sending me home soon. Just got reprimanded for not coming in sooner.

And right. Like I googled this and they just said watch for contractions, bleeding or no fetal movement. I was like ok, will do and just check in the morning. Well apparently that's wrong!

Then you google pregnancy hickups and they tell your its a genetic problem and youre sure to miscarriage. :roll:

Anyways should be fine. Gave me an excuse to not go to work I guess.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Niel - that is so scary!!! I hope the NST goes smoothly and this ends up being a big nothing. Better safe than sorry, right?

Keep up posted. THinking of you!

ETA - just saw your reply - glad everything is fine!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel, I'm glad you and baby are ok! It's hard to walk the fine line between common sense and paranoia sometimes.

My baby gets hiccups in utero all the time too! Multiple times a day - I've been googling too, and it seems like it should be ok, but I'm going to ask my dr about it at my checkup on Thursday. My kid's pretty active, so I think that it shouldn't be a cause for worry.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1420649506|3812999 said:
Niel, I'm glad you and baby are ok! It's hard to walk the fine line between common sense and paranoia sometimes.

My baby gets hiccups in utero all the time too! Multiple times a day - I've been googling too, and it seems like it should be ok, but I'm going to ask my dr about it at my checkup on Thursday. My kid's pretty active, so I think that it shouldn't be a cause for worry.

Oh I'm sure you're fine I was just trying to think of a benign example that's obviously fine but google will make you think its the end of the world.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Niel said:
Oh I'm sure you're fine I was just trying to think of a benign example that's obviously fine but google will make you think its the end of the world.

B had hiccups constantly, multiple times a day. He did for a while after he was born, as well. Google can drive you insane.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1420653204|3813016 said:
Niel said:

B had hiccups constantly, multiple times a day. He did for a while after he was born, as well. Google can drive you insane.
Yup, most of Google has told me that it's likely nothing, but some of Google has said that it could be a sign of a compressed cord. I'm pretty sure that it's nothing too, but I'll just ask my doctor during my checkup tmw.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1420673016|3813193 said:
Niel said:

Yup, most of Google has told me that it's likely nothing, but some of Google has said that it could be a sign of a compressed cord. I'm pretty sure that it's nothing too, but I'll just ask my doctor during my checkup tmw.
See! google is the worst, haha.

Have you guys had that bacteria test? whatever its called... I am concerned about it just because I know if i dont pass they have to monitor the baby for 48 hours before they will release us after the birth. They gave me antibiotics for my M, but for different reasons, so I had to do the 48 hour thing last time too. then when it was over it was night time, so they wouldnt let us go because no one was there to ok our release, so i had to stay another night :roll:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1420675030|3813204 said:
Niel said:

Have you guys had that bacteria test? whatever its called... I am concerned about it just because I know if i dont pass they have to monitor the baby for 48 hours before they will release us after the birth. They gave me antibiotics for my M, but for different reasons, so I had to do the 48 hour thing last time too. then when it was over it was night time, so they wouldnt let us go because no one was there to ok our release, so i had to stay another night :roll:
I don't have any more routine tests scheduled beyond my Group B Strep test which I'm getting tmw. If I'm positive (and apparently it's very common), I'll have to get a round of IV antibiotics when I get to the hospital which takes about 20 minutes. The baby won't need to stay for any monitoring or anything either.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1420676977|3813209 said:
Niel|1420675030|3813204 said:
Niel said:

I don't have any more routine tests scheduled beyond my Group B Strep test which I'm getting tmw. If I'm positive (and apparently it's very common), I'll have to get a round of IV antibiotics when I get to the hospital which takes about 20 minutes. The baby won't need to stay for any monitoring or anything either.

Hmm I don't have to take that one. Weird.

I don't remember having to take this test with M, so I dunno. Maybe it varies by doctor. Its just a swab during a vaginal exam so no Biggs I just realllly don't want anything to make us wait 48 hours again.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm pretty sure you are talking about the same thing. I had group strep b with B and they wouldn't release him before 48 hours after birth. I also had to take antibiotics while in labor.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1420689528|3813315 said:
I'm pretty sure you are talking about the same thing. I had group strep b with B and they wouldn't release him before 48 hours after birth. I also had to take antibiotics while in labor.

Ah OK. We very well may be as I can never remember names.

My antibiotics were because my active labor was long and I got a fever, and I was actually quite dangerously allergic. So another reason I'm a little worried about this test.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Had my checkup (36w5d today) and everything is right on track. Dr says my baby will be 7-8 lbs, which is in line with what I'm expecting. Everything is still high and tight so I'm more in danger of going overdue than going into labor prematurely! I'm banking on at least 3 more weeks of being pregnant!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1420749010|3813653 said:
Had my checkup (36w5d today) and everything is right on track. Dr says my baby will be 7-8 lbs, which is in line with what I'm expecting. Everything is still high and tight so I'm more in danger of going overdue than going into labor prematurely! I'm banking on at least 3 more weeks of being pregnant!
Samesies.

We shall see!!

I'm so soar from falling. It is not a welcome addition to my already burnt out joints.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's me yesterday. I expect this is as large as I get as I expect some dropping
Note the pudgy toes. Ugh

uploadfromtaptalk1420756915035.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I think you look great! Here's my latest, taken yesterday at 35w4d-

35w.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1420757156|3813746 said:
I think you look great! Here's my latest, taken yesterday at 35w4d-
Thanks so do you!
I don't feel like I do lol

But my rings still fit! Its the little victories.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results